Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Still on that CS bros...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think i'm gonna treat myself to Romancing Saga 2 after work tonight. Just signed up for Filmstruck and I want something turn based to play while I watch movies

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sharkopath posted:

I tried out Battletech and it crashes sometimes during loads and you need to save often cause I learned that the hard way, the games turns take a bunch of time too...

But the feeling of making a robot explode by ordering a merc to fire all their weapons at once is definitely a goomba stomp feeling, Something about the sound design and the way the weapons fire out staggered one by one is really cool to me.

Battletech just makes me want to play Front Mission again, so I'm gonna do that tonight.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Witcher 3, The new singleplayer mode in Hearthstone, and time permitting I'll probably try out something from one of my bundles like Aer or Ruiner

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

The only times I thought the 15 combat was bad was during a particular boss in the back 1/3 of the game, and any time the camera would get caught up in bushy areas. Otherwise zipping around everywhere felt awesome to me. Hopefully you’ll get more comfortable with it as you go.

Not lookin to start a flame war here but XVs combat is pretty shallow

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

Is the character switching fun, that wasn't in when I played

I’m playing the Royale with cheese edition and I just hold O to win every fight.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The fun of xvs combat is doing cool poo poo and making it look good imo but yeah it isnt very complex

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Battletech just makes me want to play Front Mission again, so I'm gonna do that tonight.

FM5 is the only one I've played all the way through and I loved it, so I should go back through the whole series some day.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Magic being consumable items you have to craft totally loving sucks so I never got to use magic as often as I wanted

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Baxate posted:

Not lookin to start a flame war here but XVs combat is pretty shallow

I can buy that, but I don’t equate shallow with bad is all. I enjoyed the fighting with a few exceptions. Never going to flame anyone over videogame opinions unless they say Witcher 3 is bad. Then it’s time to fight.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I think the combat is pretty fun for the most part. It sucks when you're fighting level 1 scorpions that die in 2 hits because it's boring, and it also sucks when you're fighting level 100 death claws that can one shot you with attacks that can't be phased through because it's frustrating. I like the stuff in between.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I can buy that, but I don’t equate shallow with bad is all. I enjoyed the fighting with a few exceptions. Never going to flame anyone over videogame opinions unless they say Witcher 3 is bad. Then it’s time to fight.

Witcher 3 sucks rear end

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Kongming posted:

I think the combat is pretty fun for the most part. It sucks when you're fighting level 1 scorpions that die in 2 hits because it's boring, and it also sucks when you're fighting level 100 death claws that can one shot you with attacks that can't be phased through because it's frustrating. I like the stuff in between.

I hope it gets better because for the first three hours I was just wishing I could stare at Cidneys chest all day instead of holding O to win every fight. Including level 15 stuff at level 1

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

All games should have vr support for looking directly at boobs and also the Michigan: Report from Hell meter that keeps track of how much time you spend doing so.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

darkest dungeon and CS later

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the combat gets cooler the more link skills and poo poo you unlock, idk if that necessarily means better cos it's been 2 years, but i really enjoyed busting big monsters legs and heads

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you gotta get the psvr fishing game if you want to stare at cindy

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the combat gets cooler the more link skills and poo poo you unlock, idk if that necessarily means better cos it's been 2 years, but i really enjoyed busting big monsters legs and heads

The combat is cool and fun but I don't think it ever gets interestingly difficult or tactically complex even with those link skills, theyre more just simple options like attacking one enemy with a bunch of small hits or cleaving a bunch of enemies at the same time, that kind of thing.

It's flash and not substance but I liked it anyways.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I enjoy the combat a lot and with the royal edition you get a new super saiyan mode that has timing based combos and finishers and stuff and it's really fun. I still quit halfway through the menace dungeons because the later bosses are just endless hp sponges and even now I can do 10x the damage it's still too boring

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was going to give up fighting the adamantoise but then I used alterna and killed it in one hit lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

elf help book posted:

I have psvr... this is gonna be awesome. Oh also, I have no idea how the pinball works in ff15 lol but I played it for an hour

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

BATTLETECH

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ween posted:

Witcher 3 sucks rear end

This is an outrage!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

tatsujin, shinobi. same ol poo poo

actually im switching from tatsujin to its easier us counterpart Truxton because i want to clear this drat game already. i mean I love it and everything but it's just too hard for me

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

thats the egg corridor dude

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Spoderman posted:

Danganronpa v3 and either Yakuza 4 or Kiwami

man i wanna play v3 so bad but its 60000 gigabytes

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

YAKUZA

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Yakuza Kiwami, Helldivers, CoD WWII

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat helldivers is a cool rear end game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It’s still really fun. We should get a IZ group going on it again

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FF15 and somebody else mentioned Kirby Superstar and that sounds fun, so that.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

darkest dungeon is really drat cool

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ArfJason posted:

man i wanna play v3 so bad but its 60000 gigabytes

v3 is sick. its the best in the series imo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Welcome to the fold brother.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It has a puyo minigame, hard to go wrong

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

yeah but if you look at her too long she tells you to get out of her "bubble"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ar Tonelico Qoga - Knell of Ar Ciel

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lots of BattleTech by HBS, and lots of Watch Dogs 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Dongicus posted:

v3 is sick. its the best in the series imo

ive heard this a whole lot and if it can overdo nagitos hijinks in 2 then it has to be insanely good.

anyways, shown 2 friends spyparty today and they both loved it. After they left I booted it up again and played a few matches. Some guy was a jerk who decided to do 5 of 8 missions with 5 minutes on the clock. First attempt I got him instantly due to a bad statue swap, later on I shot a civ, and last match I saw him steal the microfilms.