Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Unmature posted:

Is it good? I thought it looked cool from the little preview coverage I saw

It’s slowly getting there. There’s like 3 episodes of tedious Game of Thrones lite and while that doesn’t go away it gets real goofy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is saga over yet? Where do you think that'll end up?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Kingtheninja posted:

Is saga over yet? Where do you think that'll end up?

Saga the comic? Vaughan has said he's got over 100 issues planned out and 51 just came out.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Vaughn said it'd be silly for a comic called "Saga" to be short so expect that to be stretched out as much as he can.

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 28, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't they also say they'd never allow it to be licensed?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Didn't they also say they'd never allow it to be licensed?

He says he thinks it's unadaptable, but that it may be in 15 years.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I tend to agree. Short of fully animated series I just can't see it being adapted. Same way I feel about Sandman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Not everything needs to be adapted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Not everything needs to be adapted.

Tell that to Hollywood.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Just started season 4 of Gotham. I like how they completely abandoned the original concept of the series

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skwirl posted:

Just started season 4 of Gotham. I like how they completely abandoned the original concept of the series

What did they do?
The original concept didn't really do anything for me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

cant cook creole bream posted:

What did they do?
The original concept didn't really do anything for me.

It was supposed to be a relatively standard police procedural with just hints of future villains (hence Ivy being a prepubescent girl) and a bit more wackiness where Bruce Wayne was supposed to be barely a character. Now it's a full on prequel to the Burton films with a healthy dose of Shumaker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing that bugs me about Krypton is how so far the one modern hero they have is Adam Strange and he doesn't have a loving jetpack. He's literally just a guy running around Krypton.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The whole thing smacks of "well, we can't have anything too far out there, people won't watch!" when the drat thing is set on an alien planet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
loving Doomsday just showed up, a flying dude is nothing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

loving Doomsday just showed up, a flying dude is nothing.

Did he level any buildings or do anything cool? Or is he just kind of a normal guy with rocks on him who stands around a lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Did he level any buildings or do anything cool? Or is he just kind of a normal guy with rocks on him who stands around a lot.

Well he was frozen in a pod but he's clearly classic D-Day, not Zod body horror or Smallville versions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Doomsday reveal was kind of ruined by them doing an ad at the end of last week's episode going "We're going to use Doomsday"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

The Doomsday reveal was kind of ruined by them doing an ad at the end of last week's episode going "We're going to use Doomsday"

I missed that so it still worked for me! My only problem with Krypton is that their Zod isn't the same guy as Supergirl. I know it's not connected but if they could have just quietly cast the same guy I'd be very happy.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Rhyno posted:

I missed that so it still worked for me! My only problem with Krypton is that their Zod isn't the same guy as Supergirl. I know it's not connected but if they could have just quietly cast the same guy I'd be very happy.

Would it be the same Zod? I haven't started Krypton yet, but I thought the show was set 2 generations behind Supergirl/Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

Would it be the same Zod? I haven't started Krypton yet, but I thought the show was set 2 generations behind Supergirl/Superman.

Do I need to be spoiling it?

It's General Zod. He time traveled.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Wait what? Krypton has modern DC characters on it? It's not just a Superman prequel? Are they Smallvilleing it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Unmature posted:

Wait what? Krypton has modern DC characters on it? It's not just a Superman prequel? Are they Smallvilleing it?

The entire premise of the show is Adam Strange going back in time to save the legacy of Superman so...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The entire premise of the show is Adam Strange going back in time to save the legacy of Superman so...

Shouldn't he be assassinating Zack Snyder instead of loving around on Krypton, then?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Shouldn't he be assassinating Zack Snyder instead of loving around on Krypton, then?

:golfclap:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unmature posted:

The premise of Krypton is that Adam Strange has found out that someone has traveled back in time 200 years before the destruction of Krypton and is changing the timeline in such a way that Superman will no longer exist. The show takes place in Kandor and follows Seg-El, the father of Jor-El.

There's also a whole bunch of political machinations with a coup trying to take down the "Voice of Rao" who is the religious and political leader of Kandor.

Recently they've also added Colin Salmon as the modern Superman villain General Zod. According to producers they're supposed to have leeway on bringing in modern day characters but so far it's just been Zod and Adam Strange. Also they've stated that there's no guarantee that things will play out according to history and can go completely off the rails at any moment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In the original series announcement they listed Hawkwoman as Adam's reluctant partner, I'm wondering if she'll still show up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It definitely feels like there was a minor retooling between the first episode and the rest of the season seeing as how prominently the cape featured in the first episode/ads leading up to the show and how quickly it completely became a non-entity.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

It definitely feels like there was a minor retooling between the first episode and the rest of the season seeing as how prominently the cape featured in the first episode/ads leading up to the show and how quickly it completely became a non-entity.

I read that there was. They moved production after the pilot was shot. Maybe they lost the prop?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So either there's some kind of smoke and mirrors going on or the HBO Watchmen series (or at least its pilot) is going to be about...the police strike of '77.

https://screenrant.com/hbo-watchmen-pilot-casting-breakdowns-details/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

So either there's some kind of smoke and mirrors going on or the HBO Watchmen series (or at least its pilot) is going to be about...the police strike of '77.

How else are they going to stretch 12 issues into 7 seasons?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Drawing stuff from Masons book and other supplemental parts of the comic are not a terrible idea to pad out the series. Better than hearing villains monologue about power over and over again.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I've found a channel I have access to is showing Legion so I started watching season 2. Bit confusing but I'll probably get into it once I watch another couple of episodes.I don't need to watch season 1 to get into season 2 do I? Also started watching Runaways, it started out really fun does it keep that up?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bessantj posted:

I've found a channel I have access to is showing Legion so I started watching season 2. Bit confusing but I'll probably get into it once I watch another couple of episodes.I don't need to watch season 1 to get into season 2 do I? Also started watching Runaways, it started out really fun does it keep that up?

You should definitely watch season 1 first, though if you've started season 2 already you've got a couple of spoilers that you probably won't understand until at least half way through the first season.

That said, Legion is a very confusing show in general.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bessantj posted:

I would think Legion won't make any sense at all without watching Season 1. If you're watching Runaways, you probably have Hulu, and Legion Season 1 is on there too. It's only eight episodes, so you could probably binge it in a few days and get caught up. It's MUCH better than Runaways.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

bessantj posted:

Legion is difficult to make sense of having watched it all. Jumping right into season 2 will make it more difficult to keep up with. I'd say to watch the first season so you know what's going on, and also because it's really loving good.

Runaways is a mixed bag. It was drawn out longer than it should have been. I still enjoyed it overall, but it moved too slowly in parts.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I would think Legion won't make any sense at all without watching Season 1. If you're watching Runaways, you probably have Hulu, and Legion Season 1 is on there too. It's only eight episodes, so you could probably binge it in a few days and get caught up. It's MUCH better than Runaways.

I don't have Hulu, Runaways is being shown on the SY FY channel in the UK. I was worried that I would have to see season 1, I only know Legion from a few of the comics and the character is different. There were a few parts I didn't understand but I still mostly enjoyed it that dance off he had with his possessed friend was pretty good. I don't know if I'll be able to get a boxed set anytime soon, I may have a look on youtube see if anyone has done a season 1 recap/review.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is the cast likeable in Runaways, a likeable cast with a meandering story is usually tolerable (see every successful network procedural with 24 episodes a season that lasts a billion years).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Is the cast likeable in Runaways, a likeable cast with a meandering story is usually tolerable (see every successful network procedural with 24 episodes a season that lasts a billion years).

Procedurals don't have meandering plots, they have episodic content. By the very nature of the show, once an episode is done, the plot is done, and the next episode is another plot. A meandering plot is something like Smallville, where there's an obvious overarching story but the show seems loath to get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I want black Silk Spectre now.