Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Akers trolling the poo poo out of Dallas while announcing that pick was positively wonderful, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

val venis noooooooo

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
From the draft thread:

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/990032078472269824

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm pretty happy with the Goedert pick.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Explains why the Eagles didnt go after him

Also why the Skins picked him

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/990047750812241920

Honestly it seems like the Eagles are in full on smear campaign mode here and I don't know why. They made a great splash with their pick, no need or reason to badmouth the guy if they don't want him.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 28, 2018

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Nah, everyone was just asking why the guy with the first-round grade got passed on 50 times and the answer is "he really, really sucks at interviews"

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah but as an FO the best move is not to answer that. Let another team take the cancer. There is no upside to badmouthing him, and it's kind of mean to do to a young man who could grow with a team who didn't get that impression.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Yeah but as an FO the best move is not to answer that. Let another team take the cancer. There is no upside to badmouthing him, and it's kind of mean to do to a young man who could grow with a team who didn't get that impression.

He got in argument with a GM at the combine. There's no way to keep that under wraps. People will talk and reporters have all kinds of sources inside the building. It's not like the Eagles made a public statement about it.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

He got in argument with a GM at the combine. There's no way to keep that under wraps. People will talk and reporters have all kinds of sources inside the building. It's not like the Eagles made a public statement about it.

I haven't heard a single peep about it until today. It WAS kept under wraps.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Exactly. It can't hurt him anymore, can it?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

FuriousxGeorge posted:

good point.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Vengarr posted:

Exactly. It can't hurt him anymore, can it?

I didn't realize he was drafted already, lol. I am an Eagles fan, I pay very sporadic attention to what any other teams are doing.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:laffo: at Witten retiring and then the Eagles jumping Dallas to draft the only high-quality TE left in the draft and Akers trolling the poo poo out of the Cowboys

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
*shrug* I'm happy with our picks in the 2nd day. We needed WR and line help more than a new TE.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So do the Giants seriously see Eli as their quarterback of the future or are they in rebuilding mode and just kicking it down the line?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Yodzilla posted:

So do the Giants seriously see Eli as their quarterback of the future or are they in rebuilding mode and just kicking it down the line?

Definitely kicking it down the line. They should have just traded him, but NY sports teams really struggle with moving on from aging stars.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

TheChirurgeon posted:

Definitely kicking it down the line. They should have just traded him, but NY sports teams really struggle with moving on from aging stars.

Bortles is still the QB in JAX

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

:laffo: at Witten retiring and then the Eagles jumping Dallas to draft the only high-quality TE left in the draft and Akers trolling the poo poo out of the Cowboys

Cowboys fans should be happy that the Eagles are giving Dallas a chance to win the Super Bowl.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Yodzilla posted:

Kyle Lauletta baby

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the cowboys weren’t picking the tight end named dallas

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

the cowboys weren’t picking the tight end named dallas

I, think that they were,

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Diqnol posted:

I, think that they were,

Also the Patriots, who traded out of 51 after the Eagles made the move.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/989864884757295105

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Always a good sign when your GM mocks analytics

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

TheChirurgeon posted:

Always a good sign when your GM mocks analytics

Are we sure he wasn't typing his resume

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I for one welcome our new Rugby Beast. God talk about raw potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH233ZDm-BA

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think it will be interesting to see Josh Sweat slotted into the Eagles pass rush rotation. It's crazy good.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a new study bible! posted:

I think it will be interesting to see Josh Sweat slotted into the Eagles pass rush rotation. It's crazy good.

How about Jordan? I think he has potential beyond OLine.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Sproles back, wooo!

https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/990373052625104901?s=09

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hell to the yeah! My boy sproles!

The jersey still has use!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I am a proud member of the Sproletariat :patriot:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I for one welcome our new Rugby Beast. God talk about raw potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH233ZDm-BA

You know they drafted him as a tackle but I'm thinking blocking / sneaky catching tight end.

Picks like this pretty much never work out though. Turns out football is actually really difficult to learn at any position. Remember that German dude? Trying to make the roster will be the hardest thing he's ever done but I'm rooting for him.

axeil posted:

I am a proud member of the Sproletariat :patriot:

:hai: I was just watching his highlights the other day. And what incredible highlights they were, I'd put him right up there with Adrian Peterson in how exciting he is to watch.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

It's a 7th round pick, so whatever, it's a dice roll. I think he is going to be exclusively a line prospect, the Eagles like guys who can get downfield on runs and screens and that's why they love the athleticism.

Jeff Stoutland has a lot of college experience and now a solid NFL pedigree too, if anyone can take a raw talent and develop them up to an NFL level it's him.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
They also still have Adam Zaruba, the Canadian rugby player that wants to be a TE. But it looks like he's 5th on the depth chart now after adding Goedert and Rodgers so he might be better off trying somewhere else.

But he's no where near as big as that loving guy. Mailata is huge. And it looks like he could add another 50 pounds to that frame. He's only 20.

We have our Dillon Gordon replacement.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Jordan at fullback in a goal line formation :getin:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If we could go back in time, I would stop Pearson from talking trash at the draft because holy gently caress everyone is doing it now and my eyes can only roll so much.

I regret ever enjoying it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shinjobi posted:

If we could go back in time, I would stop Pearson from talking trash at the draft because holy gently caress everyone is doing it now and my eyes can only roll so much.

I regret ever enjoying it.

OTOH. Trash talk is great and is 90% the reason why I root for heels in wrestling.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
It's also made Day 2 of the draft more interesting to watch. Everyone should be making GBS threads on Dallas at every opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JohnBarchard/status/990340691049017344

• Locked thread