Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

punk rebel ecks posted:

Japanese or English?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Deku your right arm

Deku your right arm

Deku

Good god, though, even though its basically the same set piece from All Might vs Noumu, that "generations of OFA connecting to the present" graphic is great.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Conot posted:

Deku your right arm

Deku your right arm

Deku

He'll be fine, he's the protagonist. It's not like this is a show where reckless action is repeatedly shown to have consequences. :v:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Conot posted:

Deku your right arm

Deku your right arm

Deku

Good god, though, even though its basically the same set piece from All Might vs Noumu, that "generations of OFA connecting to the present" graphic is great.

Don't worry, he still has the other one.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea but he still has the entire rest of the squad of villains to fight.

Aaa it was so good to put that fight at the beginning I was so excited to see those two quirks clash.

Also did I hear Deku right, like he was yelling out his big punch with two states instead of one? poo poo's serious yo.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I wonder if Muscleguy was looking for Bakugo because he was on the kill list too, or if they thought they could recruit him.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
An artistic interpretation on a what-if scenario of Bakugo witnessing the Deku fight(21:23-21:29)

Also watching Bakugo get exciting to fight is kinda great.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Pakled posted:

I wonder if Muscleguy was looking for Bakugo because he was on the kill list too, or if they thought they could recruit him.

Pure speculation on my part but I think they're related.

It's the hair.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Detroit is a lovely city, he should pick a better one.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Ularg posted:

Also did I hear Deku right, like he was yelling out his big punch with two states instead of one? poo poo's serious yo.

It's a bit more apparent in the manga panels, but what happens there is he flicks every finger on his hand at once (Delaware Smash) to get the separation he needs to punch (Detroit Smash) all as one fluid motion.

e: here's a link to the page from the manga.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 28, 2018

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Okay that's rad as gently caress and I need to watch it again to see that.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

punk rebel ecks posted:

:frogout:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Deleter posted:

He'll be fine, he's the protagonist. It's not like this is a show where reckless action is repeatedly shown to have consequences. :v:

He might have a scar!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Conot posted:

It was pretty great, and I love that it didn't just end with All Might's gold point of light like last time. Now there's a spearminty dark green one at the end.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

They should make Deku permenantly lose his right arm.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ularg posted:

No, Detroit is a city and Delaware is a state, even if their populations are very, very, roughly equivalent.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ularg posted:

Yea but he still has the entire rest of the squad of villains to fight.

Aaa it was so good to put that fight at the beginning I was so excited to see those two quirks clash.

He pretty much did two of his big punchs in one motion. The Delware smash were he spreads out his fingers in force to send airblasts, this blew the muscles away. Then the Detroit smash which is a simple punch, were he then punched the now exposed Muscular in the face.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Deku's just showing his appreciation for the music of Johannes Krauser II.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I kind of hope he gives up this naming scheme eventually, since that's All Might's thing and Deku is just going off that. At the very least he could start using Japanese cities and regions.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Momomo posted:

I kind of hope he gives up this naming scheme eventually, since that's All Might's thing and Deku is just going off that. At the very least he could start using Japanese cities and regions.

Or......

....he could keep doing it.:colbert:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Deku loving owns

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Portland Punch!

Boston Barrage!

Austin Attack!

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Pakled posted:

I imagine each of the villains have specific targets they are assigned to kill, due to having the strongest counter to their quirks or something like that. I don't think Muscleman actually cares much about his specific orders though since he only remembers to ask after they've already started fighting and he is perfectly happy to interpret Deku not saying anything immediately as "I don't know" and totally drop the issue.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I wonder if this earns him a healing with granny even though she said he was cut off

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Not a fan of the voice acting for Magne this episode. Though to be fair, I’m not sure how she should have sounded.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I wonder if this earns him a healing with granny even though she said he was cut off

Well, blowing your arm out to fight in a sports tourney and blowing your arm out to save a young child's life are slightly different scenarios, so hopefully? That's assuming the arm is even healable, which uh :yikes:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Silver2195 posted:

Not a fan of the voice acting for Magne this episode. Though to be fair, I’m not sure how she should have sounded.
I was expecting something kinda more overly cliche'd so I'm fine with how it turned out.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Man, teared up a few times. This episode was great, it had the same emotional impact as the manga did - maybe more, hearing him apologise to his mom and all might as he was crushed.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm not sure I want it to become the new normal for Deku, but I like how this was the first fight I think he's had where all his strategizing and contemplating can't help him at all. He's up against an overwhelmingly powerful enemy he's never even heard of, in a small and treacherous arena, with a vulnerable person to protect, no backup anywhere nearby and no way of contacting any. There's no clever trick, no gimmick that'll see Deku through this thing. Just his belief, his will, and his fist. Felt like a very necessary step on Deku's journey.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Tiger's moment in this episode was also pretty cool, and Tetsutetsu's angst.

Also, the Koda's parents were called "Water Horse" right, not "Water Hose"? Cause it sounds like the former, but my subs are the latter and it's kind of annoying me.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Also, the Koda's parents were called "Water Horse" right, not "Water Hose"? Cause it sounds like the former, but my subs are the latter and it's kind of annoying me.

In the manga, it's "Water Hose".

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Nope it was Water Hose (or Wōtā Hōsu or ウォーターホース)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To be fair, the difference between saying horse and hose in Japanese phonetics is pretty subtle.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They shoot water, they're literally water hoses

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, they're hose, but I'm just saying I get the confusion.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I just found out that Pixie Bob is 31. And she's creeping on 14 year olds.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You'll find she's eternally 18 :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Deku is 15, will soon be 16 since his birthday is in July.

Not saying that's an excuse, just getting the facts right.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm not sure I want it to become the new normal for Deku, but I like how this was the first fight I think he's had where all his strategizing and contemplating can't help him at all. He's up against an overwhelmingly powerful enemy he's never even heard of, in a small and treacherous arena, with a vulnerable person to protect, no backup anywhere nearby and no way of contacting any. There's no clever trick, no gimmick that'll see Deku through this thing. Just his belief, his will, and his fist. Felt like a very necessary step on Deku's journey.

On the contrary, the only reason his final attack works at all is a bit of impromptu strategizing. He used a five-finger Delaware Smash to blow away the muscle fibers Muscular had used to soak his previous attack, then hit him dead on with a full power Detroit Smash.

And before anyone asks, the whole 1,000,000% thing wasn't meant to be a literal measure of how much power he was using. It's just a war cry to psyche himself up. That comes straight from the author.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shadowlyger posted:

On the contrary, the only reason his final attack works at all is a bit of impromptu strategizing. He used a five-finger Delaware Smash to blow away the muscle fibers Muscular had used to soak his previous attack, then hit him dead on with a full power Detroit Smash.

And before anyone asks, the whole 1,000,000% thing wasn't meant to be a literal measure of how much power he was using. It's just a war cry to psyche himself up. That comes straight from the author.

I'm pretty sure if he actually used "1,000,000%" Muscular and his arm would have been vaporized.