Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BonHair posted:

Also also, a black conservative is either stupidly rich or just plain stupid.

Or selling out for personal advantage, a la the Diamond and Silk Minstrel Tour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Unfortunately, black people are a hivemind and Kanye is their leader. Now that he's released conservative pheremones, all the black voters will flock to the GOP. We are... undone. :negative:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

evilmiera posted:

This person is the reason we don't have Squats anymore. Shame on them!

(Naw. Though I wouldn't mind some of the fun and crazier aspects )

*looks on laboriously painted Colossus and Land Train models, sighs*

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

evilmiera posted:

This person is the reason we don't have Squats anymore. Shame on them!

(Naw. Though I wouldn't mind some of the fun and crazier aspects )

That would be Jervis. I'm not Jervis, as you can tell by the fact that my posts don't wear your scrollwheel out.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
This one was pretty predictable:

Lynching memorial recognizes victims of racial violence in America

It seems to me that Freep has very inconsistent views on the virtue of "living in the past."

quote:

Getting sick of living in the past. If you’re black, Asian, white, or anything, just be grateful every waking hour that you live in this the greatest country on God’s green earth.

3 posted on 4/26/2018, 9:44:21 PM by Sedona13

quote:

This is pretty much a straight-up White Power meme.

Setting aside the extremely half-assed sourcing, I'm pretty skeptical of the claim that 81% of murdered white people are killed by black people. Isn't it the case that violent crime has a strong tendency to stay within racial boundaries, because people generally kill people familiar to them, so it broadly follows racial stratification of American society.

This also avoids the obvious question: what percentage of each group are actually prosecuted for said murder, and what's the racial and economic (and professional) disparity in convictions for the same crime?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Holy poo poo, Trump *himself* tweeted that exact same graphic in 2015. Politifact did a takedown, and unsurprisingly it's massively wrong:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/23/donald-trump/trump-tweet-blacks-white-homicide-victims/

The chart isn't copy-pasting cleanly, but just to address one important number:

15% of whites that were murdered, were murdered by black people, not the 81% claimed. So by corollary, the whites-on-whites number is off the same amount. It's literally as though someone transposed those two lines out of (very charitably) utter incompetence, or was just happy to blatantly lie just to make a point.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Since white people and black people comprise the vast majority of people. This would mean that black people at a minimum commit 80+% of all murders.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Why am I not surprised at least one Freeper is a Warhammer 40k fan judging by his user name?

Me, I'm boggling at there being a Freeper who's an Elfquest fan ("Skywise").

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?

Selachian posted:

Me, I'm boggling at there being a Freeper who's an Elfquest fan ("Skywise").

Now that's a blast from the past. I haven't even heard that series mentioned since the early 90s.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

This is pretty much a straight-up White Power meme.

Setting aside the extremely half-assed sourcing,

It's more than just extremely half-assed. The "Crime Statistics Bureau" is literally imaginary.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
More Freep on racial issues, always enlightening. Remember that this is a group of people who have a visceral negative reaction to the term "civil rights".

Harvey church honors black man killed by police in Gretna 70 years ago

quote:

A woman had boarded the wrong bus and requested her fare of a nickel back. Bus driver Preston Herbert refused to refund her, but Brooks offered to ride on her fare and gave the woman his nickel. The exchange infuriated Herbert, who demanded Brooks exit the bus and had him arrested by Patrolman Alvin Bladsacker. While pulling Brooks off the bus, Bladsacker struck him with his gun. As Brooks was walking away, he fired two bullets, killing Brooks in front of several witnesses - including Brooks' son, who held his father as he took his last breaths.

Huh, it is almost as though people believe that past events resonate to the present. And who are these commies that keep bringing up old stuff?

quote:

KEYWORDS: blackman; gretna; harveychurch; police
OMG!!! Reaching a bit don't ya think? My God do these people ever get up? We will be hearing about this stuff in 200 years like it happened yesterday.
I'd like to know who is behind them. I did a cursory search and I found out they take donations but not who is behind the scenes.

1 posted on 4/28/2018, 6:10:52 PM by BBell

Hey Shanover, black-on-black murders are indeed also a problem. How does the GOP intend to fix that?

quote:

Gotta keep it alive because it's a revenue maker.

The real civil rights issue is Afro-infanticide via abortion sponsored by white Liberals and the US government, black on black murder epidemic with a cold shoulder by liberal blacks and whites, and the DNC plantation cast system which enslaves a whole demographic of Americans.

2 posted on 4/28/2018, 6:25:32 PM by shanover (...To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.-S.Adams)

Good news everyone! America's dark past of remembering racial discrimination may be fading away (not the discrimination part, just the remembering it part)!

Reminder that Freep and the like operate under the "he who smelt it, dealt it" theory of racism.

quote:

They really do keep them. Looks like we might finally be breaking that up.

3 posted on 4/28/2018, 6:28:51 PM by FreeperCell

Why are liberals always bringing up old stuff? Now let me pick an extremely contentious 20+yr old example of a world-famous multi-millionaire getting acquitted.

quote:

OJ Simpson doubled the score by slitting the throats of a white woman and man and walked away a free man; never served a day.

5 posted on 4/28/2018, 6:48:23 PM by Neoliberalnot (MSM is our greatest threat. Disney, Comcast, Google Hollywood, NYTimes, WaPo, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC ...)

Oh hey, another good chance to re-use the infographic from this page!

quote:

Better still we could track *all* intentional killings...starting with the most recent and working backwards...and categorize them as to race of victim and race of killer.

8 posted on 4/28/2018, 8:26:38 PM by Gay State Conservative (You Say "White Privilege"...I Say "Protestant Work Ethic")

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

KEYWORDS: blackman; gretna; harveychurch; police
OMG!!! Reaching a bit don't ya think? My God do these people ever get up? We will be hearing about this stuff in 200 years like it happened yesterday.
I'd like to know who is behind them. I did a cursory search and I found out they take donations but not who is behind the scenes.

1 posted on 4/28/2018, 6:10:52 PM by BBell

"Meanwhile let me tell you about confederate statues and why they are relevant today and should be protected"

quote:

OJ Simpson doubled the score by slitting the throats of a white woman and man and walked away a free man; never served a day.

5 posted on 4/28/2018, 6:48:23 PM by Neoliberalnot (MSM is our greatest threat. Disney, Comcast, Google Hollywood, NYTimes, WaPo, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC ...)

and only had his life destroyed, lost his money, became a living joke, unemployable, and finally went broke brained and went to prison over another incident. Yeah, totally scot free

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 30, 2018

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So, how did Freep like Michelle Wolfs WHCD set?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fulchrum posted:

They sure are posting about it a lot so the must have loved it!

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Fulchrum posted:

All they will know is what FAUXNews et. all say, they would never watch that filth. Especially while Daddy Trump is rallying elsewhere.

I'm more interested in what they think about letting the farm workers in. It's absolutely necessary, yet I'm sure some will flip out

e: I'm sure there are some strong reactions.

Am I wrong that talking about a woman's makeup is not the same as 'criticizing her appearance'? She didn't say it was dumb or looked bad, and didn't take the low-hanging (har) fruit of her Forest Whittaker eye

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 30, 2018

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Plinkey posted:

They sure are posting about it a lot so the must have loved it!

*picks up pieces of broken tables*

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Seriously if you’re going to complain about decorum and misogyny after electing trump...

:fuckoff:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

MANime in the sheets posted:

All they will know is what FAUXNews et. all say, they would never watch that filth. Especially while Daddy Trump is rallying elsewhere.

I'm more interested in what they think about letting the farm workers in. It's absolutely necessary, yet I'm sure some will flip out

e: I'm sure there are some strong reactions.

Am I wrong that talking about a woman's makeup is not the same as 'criticizing her appearance'? She didn't say it was dumb or looked bad, and didn't take the low-hanging (har) fruit of her Forest Whittaker eye

Oh, you know what they'll run with because "Wah someone picked on my team" /liberalsaretherealsnowflakes

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

MANime in the sheets posted:

Freep has been in absolute hysteria for weeks over that migrant convoy. I haven't really bothered with those threads because I can only take so many demands for Trump to Glass Mexico in retaliation. (Although there was one Freeper who kept wanting to strafe them with an A-10 that I thought was adorable. :allears:)

Caravan of migrants has reached the border, braces to cross despite Trump's warnings (HORRIBLE)

For example:

quote:

I can't believe this is not mentioned on here! We are being "attacked"

This is so sick. They are on top of the border wall. On the American side, there are a ton of supporters saying "Welcome" and other nonsense. This is a mess. They say 100 people and then 400 people. But it looks to me in the thousands. We should not accept even 1 person. This is a travesty. The wall is worthless.

1 posted on 04/29/2018 10:32:17 AM PDT by napscoordinator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: napscoordinator

Fire warning shots over their heads. If they persist, opem fire on the "migrants".

Arrest, detain and deport those already inside the border.

Arrest the lawyers helping them and charge them with aiding and abetting illegal entry.

3 posted on 04/29/2018 10:36:04 AM PDT by Ciaphas Cain (Progressives are turning America into "Harrison Bergeron" if conceived by Ayn Rand.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Mine Field!

quote:

I would put in an extensive mine field, and do it under the DoD budget as a legitimate military cost. Put a road on our side with very frequent patrols - ground and air. That border should be shut tight. Weapons live. We did this kind of border with North Korea and we dealt with it in Germany - it is not that hard.

7 posted on 04/29/2018 10:38:14 AM PDT by rigelkentaurus

quote:

And this is why you shoot them on sight..yeah I said it..these are INVADERS who are coming here NOT for a better life..they are coming here to suck off the Govt tit..food stamps, welfare, health care, this is why they are coming here.

9 posted on 04/29/2018 10:38:58 AM PDT by Sarah Barracuda

:rip: America!

quote:

To: All

This will expose the weakness of our laws and provide the impetus for a rapid-fire, border crashing. We are in trouble and if the GOPe refuses to address this mess, they are doomed and so is the nation.

11 posted on 04/29/2018 10:39:17 AM PDT by JonPreston (I post To: "All" because article posters rarely contribute to their own threads)

loving kids! :argh:

quote:

SOMETIMES, I envy those in their 70’s and 80’s who will be checking out soon.

Yep, I never felt so lucky especially when I think about my kids & g'kids that I'm leaving behind.

18 posted on 04/29/2018 10:42:05 AM PDT by JonPreston (I post To: "All" because article posters rarely contribute to their own threads)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Bolsheviks! :argh:

quote:

To: All

white liberals

The stopped being liberals decades ago. They're neoBolsheviks. Check out Bill Ayres political strategy from 1974 Prairie Fire they have infiltrated government and have a large amount of power.

35 posted on 04/29/2018 10:57:21 AM PDT by JonPreston (I post To: "All" because article posters rarely contribute to their own threads)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

Reminder that liberals are the real racists.

quote:

Bombard with soap.
After having several thousand bars of soap dropped on them, they should get the point.

53 posted on 04/29/2018 11:05:57 AM PDT by Darksheare (Those who support liberal "Republicans" summarily support every action by same.)

Ahahaha, Freep is throwing shade on Trump!

quote:

To: GrandJediMasterYoda

“I thought Trump was putting the military in the border”

Yeah I thought Trump was not going to allow this. This is serious. Maybe Trump will tweet or something.

60 posted on 04/29/2018 11:12:52 AM PDT by plain talk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

Soros! :argh:

quote:

To: nutmeg; bray

Well they were bused to this site today.....so as Bray mentioned Obamas pac funding and orchestrating this....which is also funded by Soros.

They've been ‘trafficking” groups like this every year.....they just sent out their news media to cover it this time and get all the miles they can out of it. It's a punch in the fact to Trump because our laws will protect them, as he referenced last night.....He's a furious as we are that our laws even when enforced are obstructed from working.

64 posted on 04/29/2018 11:17:55 AM PDT by caww
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 59 | View Replies]

:killing:

quote:

To: Ciaphas Cain

Soylent Green. New “Spicy SW Flavor”.

72 posted on 04/29/2018 11:27:13 AM PDT by Rebelbase (YETI deathwatch, tick, tick, tick......)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: caww

Yes, it is all staged. It is a political stunt financed by who knows - the usual suspects I’m sure. You want this stunt to backfire? Infiltrate a couple of Al Queda types into the group and let them climb the fence, arrest them inside the US, then perp walk them in front the national media. Turn this story right on its head.

And the risk is not just small cells of terrorists - though we saw what just a couple of dozen could do on 9/11. But what is to stop the Chinese or “Russians”, for example, from assembling a 5th column of tens or hundreds of thousands of trained killers and saboteurs. Sneak them into the country over a couple of years and let them lay low until they reach sufficient numbers to execute their plan, then activate them to sabotage our infrastructure, soft targets, and make general mayhem inside the country?

The border absolutely must be protected and the people who don’t articulate this properly are fools.

78 posted on 04/29/2018 11:35:36 AM PDT by monkeyshine
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

Huh, that's a new one, I don't think I've seen that before.

quote:

To: caww

At the extreme minimal end, we should see pumper trucks loaded up with raw sewage.

86 posted on 04/29/2018 11:55:58 AM PDT by SpaceBar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies]

Freep does not like Michelle Wolf very much, by the way.

quote:

To: SpaceBar

You could have seen that on display at last nights correspondents dinner.......sewage not only filled most of the room but it was spewed from the podium by one vulgar, disgusting, filthy and endless hose of a mouthpiece!

88 posted on 04/29/2018 12:01:31 PM PDT by caww
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 86 | View Replies]

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That actually raises a good question. Has any three percenters or other right wing hate groups shown up armed yet? Other than like ICE or regular popos.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
gently caress, is the Michelle Wolf stuff really that toxic that long, drawn out murder fantasies of refugees is deemed more palatable?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

gently caress, is the Michelle Wolf stuff really that toxic that long, drawn out murder fantasies of refugees is deemed more palatable?
Michelle Wolf's speech was a filthy revolting cascade of disease-ridden poo poo, and by that I mean she quoted the President.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 1, 2018

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

VitalSigns posted:

Michelle Wolf's speech was a filthy revolting cascade of disease-riddeb poo poo, and by that I mean she quoted the President.

*rolls eyes, wiggles eyebrows and cigar*

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I'm assuming Freep is taking the "Trump wrote his own doctor's note" as Fake News or 23rd Dimensional Chess.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Snitches get Stitches! :argh:

quote:

To: CharlesOConnell

And the doctor needs to be suspended from the practice of medicine for running his mouth to the media about a patient’s medical records.

5 posted on 05/02/2018 9:17:58 AM PDT by Truth29

quote:

To: CharlesOConnell

He got a new doctor, because the old one was a jerk.

Of course he can take his medical records and transfer them to someone new.

After all, this doctor had previously released medical information to the public. He should get sanctioned by the medical board for that- and so he should shut his stupid mouth.

19 posted on 05/02/2018 9:58:01 AM PDT by Mr. K (No consequence of repealing Obamacare is worse than Obamacare itself.)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jagged Jim posted:

Curious how it's a HIPAA violation for a doctor to talk to the public, but not a HIPAA violation for Trump to send his bodyguard and lawyer to raid a doctor's office and steal his records.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

chitoryu12 posted:

Curious how it's a HIPAA violation for a doctor to talk to the public, but not a HIPAA violation for Trump to send his bodyguard and lawyer to raid a doctor's office and steal his records.

Because Big Daddy Trump did it, duh. Freep in particular is all about Right Makes Right but only when it's their side that has the might.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Neeksy posted:

I'm assuming Freep is taking the "Trump wrote his own doctor's note" as Fake News or 23rd Dimensional Chess.

It's weird that this is getting covered like it's new information. Everyone suspected and it was all but confirmed shortly after that letter was first released by the Trump campaign because the guy couldn't keep his story straight about the letter even back then.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Jagged Jim posted:

I actually 100% agree with the first Freeper :gonk:

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

Alter Ego posted:

Yeah, I loathe Trump, but if my loving doctor told the public about the medications I take, I'd want him out on his rear end.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Alter Ego posted:

Eh, it's more a case of Freep being right for the absolute wrong reasons. While he absolutely should lose his license over publicly disclosing patient information like that Freep is only mad because he was disloyal to Papa Trump. If it was someone they hated Freep would be championing him as hard as they could.

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

Jagged Jim posted:

Eh, it's more a case of Freep being right for the absolute wrong reasons. While he absolutely should lose his license over publicly disclosing patient information like that Freep is only mad because he was disloyal to Papa Trump. If it was someone they hated Freep would be championing him as hard as they could.

Exactly right, and the more relevant point. Freepers don't know or care what a HIPAA violation is. In fact, HIPAA is another one of those government regulations that prevents them from being treated better than those with less money or darker skin.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Remember when Giuliani shat himself on Hannity today?

Rudy Giuliani on potential Trump interview for Mueller

quote:

This was the greatest interview i have ever seen. Rudy devestated the communists and the gope. He was totally awesome. We are winning folks!!t They are telling mule face and the communists to GO To HELL!! Finally!!! Yes yes yes!!!

8 posted on 5/2/2018, 10:16:46 PM by raiderboy (" weÂ’ll close down the country because we need border" DJT NOW !!)

quote:

PRAY!!!!

Remember, Trump has done some of his best work when the MSM Snowflakes are all in a twitter cackling about the ‘gotcha’

He quietly goes about MAGA
Remember even Giuliani said POTUS is focused!

14 posted on 5/2/2018, 10:19:56 PM by Guenevere (The wrath of God has come upon them at last.....)

Did... did we watch the same interview? The one where Hannity looks painfully awkward as Giuliani is nattering on admitting financial malfeasance?

quote:

Rudy was on Fire. Sean was on fire.

Both were brilliant.

So much deep state corruption was exposed in this interview and Rudy is just getting started. Whoot!

17 posted on 5/2/2018, 10:20:18 PM by andmy_

At least one guy vaguely gets it.

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

quote:

Bingo Kenny; Rudy looked like he spilled the beans that the payments to Stormy DID happen, but were legal. My first impression was he really blew it for his client. Great interview otherwise, but with several “senior moments”.

19 posted on 5/2/2018, 10:21:15 PM by Chauncey Gardiner

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jagged Jim posted:

Eh, it's more a case of Freep being right for the absolute wrong reasons. While he absolutely should lose his license over publicly disclosing patient information like that

Only if Trump didn't expressly allow it. If Trump signed the disclosure form, then the doc is well within the letter of the law to disclose medical records.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

It’s actually HIPAA violation for the doctor to refuse to give a patient his own records.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

hobbesmaster posted:

It’s actually HIPAA violation for the doctor to refuse to give a patient his own records.

As far as I can see, HIPAA only requires that a doctor provides valid copies of all suitable records (certain records are exempted eg if you go to a psychotherapist you don't get to have the doctor's notes he recorded during a session unless he seperately agrees to it) and is not permitted to withold them due to you not paying, and may not charge more for the records than "reasonable fees" to cover costs of copying and mailing.

HIPAA does not say you can raid a doctor's office and take the original records. There are procedures for how to acquire copies you need and have them forwarded to other doctors and entities as needed.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, by essentially robbing the office and not giving the office a chance to make copies to give them, they deprive the doctor of having his own records of his treatment of Trump. That is something Trump is not entitled to do.

It's pretty clear the purpose of the raid was probably NOT so Trump could have copies of the record, but to deprive the doctor of having them.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Zipperelli. posted:

Only if Trump didn't expressly allow it. If Trump signed the disclosure form, then the doc is well within the letter of the law to disclose medical records.

Wouldn't the disclosure form have to have specifically included this exact case of the doctor telling basically the entire world through talking to the media? I thought that HIPAA disclosure forms have to specify who the patient is giving permission to disclose to, that it's not a yes-or-no thing.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Idran posted:

Wouldn't the disclosure form have to have specifically included this exact case of the doctor telling basically the entire world through talking to the media? I thought that HIPAA disclosure forms have to specify who the patient is giving permission to disclose to, that it's not a yes-or-no thing.

Trump told the doctor via twitter to prepare a letter on his health. It would be reasonable to assume included in that would be medications that the doctor prescribes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Since Arpaio is throwing his hat in the ring...

9th Circuit appoints special prosecutor against Sheriff Joe Arpaio

First off, this guy gets it:

quote:

Mr. Arpaio argues that the pardon came before he had a chance to appeal his conviction, and even before the federal district judge in the case had a chance to rule on his request that it be set aside

Accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt.

8 posted on 4/18/2018, 5:39:26 PM by DoodleDawg

Let the "nuh-uh"s commence:

quote:

No it isn't. It is an acknowledgement that the Just-Us system is politically driven.

11 posted on 4/18/2018, 5:43:03 PM by MileHi (Liberalism is an ideology of parasites, hypocrites, grievance mongers, victims, and control freaks.)

quote:

Complete BS. Accepting a pardon for a wrongful conviction is not admitting guilt. It was a political witch hunt, plane and simple; That is why Trump pardoned him.

14 posted on 4/18/2018, 5:44:56 PM by JoSixChip (He is Batman!)

After another Freeper explicitly cites the legal definition:

quote:

Again I say BS! In the case of a wrongful, politically motivated conviction, this pardon is undoing a wrong. The courts change with the wind, what they said yesterday does not mean squat today. Stare decisis no longer stands.

43 posted on 4/18/2018, 6:40:25 PM by JoSixChip (He is Batman!)

quote:

I defy you to find a judge in the last 100 years that has held that accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt. Many pardons are given precisely because the person is believed to be innocent and wrongfully convicted...like Arpaio.

56 posted on 4/18/2018, 6:53:38 PM by DesertRhino (Dog is man's bes friend, and moslems hate dogs. Add that up. ....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

Okay, you get the point, but it's very significant that he says "last 100 years" because it was precisely in 1915 that during Burdick v. United States, the Supreme Court decided that a pardon required admission of guilt.

Seriously, if you just google it you get all kinds of clear explanations from legal sources about how pardons work, but many Freepers are happy to just stick their fingers in their ears and insist that Daddy Trump made it all better.