Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Spuckuk posted:

Other than 'really hating catholics and women', 'blah blah king billy', and 'no fun Sundays', what else is there to unionist culture?

Flegs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

ah yes, that wonderful unionist culture

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Rangers, Buckfast, massive bonfires, the importance of the flegs flying in Belfast, marches. Have I forgotten anything?

but with racism.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Being incredibly racist against the Irish! Can't forget that!

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

lmao imagine claiming continental europeans don't understand sectarian conflict, stupid flags, pogroms and imperial nostalgia

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

clear eyes full farts posted:

the darling rudds of may

This didn't get the credit it deserves

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Sorry no, Puddle of Rudd - She Fuckin' Hates May is still the best

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure he has heard of the Wallons, in fact

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Home Sec is Javid.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Do you people believe we're not racist yet? :byodame:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
What they mean is that Barnier doesn't understand their position of wanting to eat cake and also have it. If a border in the Irish Sea is unacceptable to unionist values you may have to accept a customs union.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rarity posted:

Do you people believe we're not racist yet? :byodame:

I'm astonished they didn't find someone Jewish to take the job so that any criticism is antisemitic like any pointing out of May's incompetence is mansplaining

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/LauraPidcockMP/status/990872450710802433?s=19

Hard to quibble with that.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Replacing the Egg is Brokenshire, who was previously the NI Sec before stepping down earlier this year for a lung operation.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pesky Splinter posted:

Home Sec is Javid.

ahahahahha theyre seriously going with "i cant be racist i have black friends"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I love Laura Pidcock.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

sebzilla posted:

I love Laura Pidcock.

No. She is my waifu.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

jabby posted:

Rentoul, who wrote a whole article about how Rudd wouldn't resign, was on the BBC half an hour later to offer his expert commentary on her resignation.

if i'm ever resigning from government i'm doing it late on a sunday night just to gently caress with the TV producer who has to desperately phone round for any available talking head

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
javid was the "momentum is neofascist" right?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

bump_fn posted:

Eh, he also ticks the box of being a Remainer.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

bump_fn posted:

Yeah. I was reminded of his when I checked his Wikipedia page just now. His title is currently "the Right Honourable Bellsniff" which I quite enjoyed.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Home Secretary, Mr Eggman

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Diane Abbott was pretty great on GMTV this morning.

When Suzanne Reid mentioned that 'hostile environment' was a term coined under Labour she immediately hit back with:

"You seem to be forgetting that Labour is under new leadership and that I along with the leader voted against the new immigration policies in 2014".

I think they should keep reminding people that they are not Tony Blair and voted against most of the bad stuff Blair wanted to do, whereas the Conservatives are consistently just awful and disgusting human beings.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

sebzilla posted:

Yeah. I was reminded of his when I checked his Wikipedia page just now. His title is currently "the Right Honourable Bellsniff" which I quite enjoyed.

lmao

methinks that article is going to be locked for editing soon

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Firos posted:

No. She is my waifu.

Guys, let's not act like this in this progressive 21st century.

She can be all of our waifus.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

VideoGames posted:

Diane Abbott was pretty great on GMTV this morning.

When Suzanne Reid mentioned that 'hostile environment' was a term coined under Labour she immediately hit back with:

"You seem to be forgetting that Labour is under new leadership and that I along with the leader voted against the new immigration policies in 2014".

I think they should keep reminding people that they are not Tony Blair and voted against most of the bad stuff Blair wanted to do, whereas the Conservatives are consistently just awful and disgusting human beings.

Labour exist in a quantum superposition where they are responsible for all the horrible poo poo New Labour did while also being extremist pinko communists.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

bump_fn posted:

Representation is important

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Nicky Morgan wouldn't accept Home Secretary because of a falling out over the PM's taste in trousers? Uhhhh, why?

Tessa also turbofired her from her cabinet job as soon as she became PM. There's bad blood between them alright.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

bump_fn posted:

Expect an alarming new take on the antifa brand.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean Nicky Morgan was a walking gaffe machine.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Penny Mordaunt is taking over Women and Equalities - which Rudd was also in charge of in the last cabinet shuffle that pleased no-one.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/lisanandy/status/990881164771627009?s=19

A take worthy of John Woodcock.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

I love Laura Pidcock.
Every time I hear her name I imagine

but with :dong:

And now everyone else has to know that too.

But she is good and cool and not an egg.

e: ^^^ did u know that being poo poo to the people who are being poo poo to the migrants makes u just as bad as the people who are being poo poo to the migrants, like and share

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Who are these people to so casually ignore what the Home Secretary was doing? Was that not inhumanity? Should we not celebrate when we get rid of monsters?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

:lol:

That's loving great.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

A take worthy of John Woodcock.

still lmaoing that this craven gently caress is currently under a sex pest probe

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Honestly I'm angry that Rudd is still going to be allowed to keep her seat in the Commons. There's MP's that ought to be expelled for far less than what she's done.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

could almost forget there are elections this week since we've had precisely 2 flyers through the door
both conservative. and both headlined a pledge to restore weekly bin collections. which oddly enough we already have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Captain Fargle posted:

Honestly I'm angry that Rudd is still going to be allowed to keep her seat in the Commons. There's MP's that ought to be expelled for far less than what she's done.

given she only had a majority of 300 or so votes, she may well be pantsed out of office anyway

• Locked thread