Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I hope all of this abruptly ends as Clevin hits Patrick in the skull with a brick inside of a box of Bertoli pasta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

this is so much better than anything I would have expected

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alison is sooo into this she is in pain.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I knew that face reminded me of someone.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this is extremely haram

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

I like the part where Allison stares at Patrick for the horrible crime of rewiring someone's brain to fix their issues without her consent, with absolutely no self-reflection.

Okay but they're actually gonna address it right

they have to be aware of this right

they didn't get how the libertarian abuse looked like rape but they'll get this, RIGHT

please??

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Allison can do no wrong, that is why Clevin is the main character, cause he has flaws. His pasta is too soft.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

:dudsmile:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Paladinus posted:

I knew that face reminded me of someone.

now she just looks like a member of the gorillaz

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

corn in the bible posted:

now she just looks like a member of the gorillaz

real big dad
real big dad
making pasta
and it won't take long

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

real big dad
real big dad
making pasta
and it won't take long

nice

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I'm assuming he literally accidentally gutted her like a fish and everything she's doing now is because he's subconsciously puppeting her and he doesn't want to think about his dead dad and also wants to be treated like he's still 6.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
No, that would be a good story actually

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Why do you think the writer would be anything but dogshit, given previous form

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Flesh Forge posted:

No, that would be a good story actually

The story they're currently telling has all the beats of a good story, as the broken young telepath proceeds to break everything even worse.

It's just not working because it's going to a bunch of really uncomfortable places, and people are refusing to engage with it because they no longer trust the author to handle it elegantly.

I really can't imagine going through the Anthony Carver Returns arc in Gunnerkrigg Court if I hadn't absolutely trusted Tom Siddell to handle what was going on to my satisfaction.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I agree there's a setup that could go somewhere very interesting, but it's been like a dozen times now there's been a setup that could go somewhere very interesting and instead Clevin makes pasta and tea, Robot Leg Lady hears Dream Weaver and blushes, Fish Girl disappears and is never seen again :smith:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Rand Brittain posted:

The story they're currently telling has all the beats of a good story, as the broken young telepath proceeds to break everything even worse.

It's just not working because it's going to a bunch of really uncomfortable places, and people are refusing to engage with it because they no longer trust the author to handle it elegantly.
It's just not well done. People aren't just refusing to engage with it out of lack of trust, there's not much good to engage with. There is zero logical or tonal follow-through. "Please, think well of me," was actually a pretty good line, and "Here is a knife, stab my father" could have been a good scenario in a totally different story, but to have one follow the other in the same story, let alone within a page of each other, is loving idiotic.

Gunnerkrig Court reads better in collected long form than as a daily. This chapter of SFP will be completely incomprehensible in collected long form.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
And then they ate cookies with milk end everything was good forever. The End.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It's just not well done. People aren't just refusing to engage with it out of lack of trust, there's not much good to engage with. There is zero logical or tonal follow-through. "Please, think well of me," was actually a pretty good line, and "Here is a knife, stab my father" could have been a good scenario in a totally different story, but to have one follow the other in the same story, let alone within a page of each other, is loving idiotic.

Gunnerkrig Court reads better in collected long form than as a daily. This chapter of SFP will be completely incomprehensible in collected long form.
Yeah basically this. I'm just ragging on it full time because it's disintegrated.

Quiet! Quiet now!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Gentle reminder that this is a universe wherein in the context of a support group people were barred for saying the word 'body', because there was a metahuman present who had transformed into a cloud of gas, and the word 'body' was triggering for her. No no-one else could use it even when referring to their own.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Breetai posted:

Gentle reminder that this is a universe wherein in the context of a support group people were barred for saying the word 'body', because there was a metahuman present who had transformed into a cloud of gas, and the word 'body' was triggering for her. No no-one else could use it even when referring to their own.
Yeah and like support groups being able to be a safe space is important but that's a pretty severe case of competing access needs considering the thing the members need support with is the fact that all their bodies massively changed when they were preteens. It is, specifically, a support group related to bodies and in one case the lack thereof.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If he just forced empathy into his mother, wouldn't she go mad from the fact that she just murdered her husband?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think she forgot, because it's been a couple weeks since that happened

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

I really can't imagine going through the Anthony Carver Returns arc in Gunnerkrigg Court if I hadn't absolutely trusted Tom Siddell to handle what was going on to my satisfaction.

no actually it sucks. There is not the seed of anything good at the heart of this, it's a bunch of amazingly dire garbage written by a moron.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rand Brittain posted:

There's absolutely nothing uncomfortable about this story except the author's neck from being crammed so far up his own rear end.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i am the writer of sfp

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's impossible, the mightiness of vaginas hasn't been brought up a single time.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

LMAO can't loving forget treating the viewpoint of a TERF as a totally equally reasonable thing that needed to be respected just the same as the opinion of the trans person the TERF went off on and kicked out of a women's group, while having the trans person be portrayed as a literal man in a dress who was identifying as a man at the moment because someone yelled at him and he was scared.

Is that how Mulligan thinks being nonbinary works...? Like that it just shifts based on external pressures? What an rear end in a top hat. Like yeah it might not have been Allison's place to step into that argument when she's also an outsider there but just the fact that argument was portrayed is ridiculous.

:jerkbag:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Wonder what would happen if Max Power sprinkled his magical glitter dust on that particular character :shrug:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Flesh Forge posted:

Wonder what would happen if Max Power sprinkled his magical glitter dust on that particular character :shrug:

Clevin

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

PetraCore posted:

LMAO can't loving forget treating the viewpoint of a TERF as a totally equally reasonable thing that needed to be respected just the same as the opinion of the trans person the TERF went off on and kicked out of a women's group, while having the trans person be portrayed as a literal man in a dress who was identifying as a man at the moment because someone yelled at him and he was scared.

Is that how Mulligan thinks being nonbinary works...? Like that it just shifts based on external pressures? What an rear end in a top hat. Like yeah it might not have been Allison's place to step into that argument when she's also an outsider there but just the fact that argument was portrayed is ridiculous.

:jerkbag:

i actually did forget that, because most of this comic is very forgettable

it's mostly of use as a contrast to Kill Six Billion Demons, the other "alison tries to solve things with violence" comic

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh new page by the way

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol AND lol

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

From the comments

quote:

(and this story is both more coherent and way more original than the average superhero comic, so we count our blessings and all that)

bolding mine. Yeesh.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I love love love how innocently Patrick says the words "father is dead" like he's the sane voice of reason here. Like he had nothing to do with it. Yes he's dead, Patrick, you killed him!

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 30, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I laughed, then I assumed they were going for pathos and laughed even harder.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Oh right the comment section is culled to the point that only the most devoted remain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Uncle Wemus posted:

Oh right the comment section is culled to the point that only the most devoted remain

There's like one person left who's angry about this turn of events. Last page they had a huge post about how upset they were that they finally got moderated for posting a comment.

• Locked thread