Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
In order to avoid the judgmental stares of other fancy sophisticates at Panera Bread (who are totally staring at you and know you're high), just blend up your food and put it into a flask with 8 oz of whiskey. No one will ever know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pick posted:

Like we’d ever catch you at Paleys

i had to google this and of course it's some portland poo poo my broke mexican rear end is supposed to recognize by name

fuckin ivory tower coastal elitists

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

so that wasn't a "Panera" typo? :lol:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Have you and your SO had... the talk yet? You know the one.

That’s right folks it’s PRENUP TIME!

Awful argument with my boyfriend (25M) and I (23F) about prenups.

quote:

(Relationship 3 years) My boyfriend is a child of divorce, and has seen some bad and shady things from both parents. He says he is scared to get married because of this. He does not want to get hung out to dry financially if we split, because that is what happened to his dad (although his dad did some terrible things, so I would not call his dad a complete victim). He wants a prenup to protect his current assets (which are basically just a couch, a bed, a TV, and meager savings) and his future assets (we plan for him to be the breadwinner while I stay home, when we decide to have kids). He has no large inheritances.

I get the idea of prenups, but I am insulted. In my opinion, he has few pre-marital assets to protect, and he is just doing this out of spite/resentment resulting from his experiences as a kid. I feel like he is planning for us to fail before we have even begun. I have over a million in future inheritance coming from my parents and grandparents, and I have never thought of guarding that with a prenup as if he is out to steal it.

I plan to pause my career for 10+ years to raise our kids. Of course if we split I will not be able to just jump back into the game. This may sound entitled but if we make a decision as a couple for him to work and me to stay home, I am still contributing my time and effort and deserve a share of his assets, since me caring for the kids is also providing value for him.

I find it unromantic and disturbing that he is projecting his bad past experiences onto our relationship. I believe that when I get married to someone I am trusting them fully, and him pushing for this is something that will always be in the back of my mind... like deep down he is still having reservations and doubts about me. Am I being stubborn or entitled? How can I help him get over his fear of vulnerability, and of marriage? Thanks for reading and sharing.

TLDR: Boyfriend wants prenup because of his fear of marriage resulting from his upbringing. I think he has no legitimate reason to, and I am insulted and think that he is projecting resentment and bad omens onto our relationship.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Like I’d eat at a Panera

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Haha just kidding I had a panini there with a friend once, I Yelped it a 4

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

tactlessbastard posted:

I got done for the day on the farm once and headed down to the county line liquor store, a little one room affair with coolers along the walls and a single register running the counter and the drive through window.

I picked up my whiskey and was in line behind a tweaker trying to redeem losing lotto tickets when a very pregnant woman in booty shorts and a sports bra waddles in with her hands on her hips in that classic 'having a contraction' pose.

She pushes the tweaker out of the way and says to the clerk, 'Get me one of them boxes of that wine! These contractions are fuckin' killing me!'

He did, she paid for it, and on her way out I noticed she was barefoot.

drat. How deep in the South were you?

Found the drinking story.

I [31M] believe that my wife [29F], a former alcoholic, has been drinking during her pregnancy, but I can't prove anything and she denies it. What do I do?

quote:

I've been married to my wife for 5 years now, and those 5 years have been a very happy time for both of us--for the most part. The only serious issue we've faced in our marriage has been my wife's struggle with alcoholism. In truth, it started before we were married, but it got worse as time passed until we got to a point a few years ago where my wife would come home from work each night and get absolutely wasted. There was a significant period of time where not a day went by that she didn't excessively consume alcohol to a point where it interfered with my ability to spend time with her and our marriage. Eventually it began to affect her work performance and other areas of our lives, and after she lost her job and went through a semi-intervention, she realized she needed some help.

We got her enrolled in a treatment program and she was able to get to the root of the problem--that her coping mechanism for stress and anxiety was alcohol. She struggled at first with staying sober, but after many months of counseling and therapy (and lots of hard work on my wife's part), she was able to gain her sobriety. Since that point 2 and 1/2 years ago my wife has been completely sober, and our lives have been good. My wife has since found another job in her field and is in a position similar to the one she had before she was fired. We're also currently in the process of having a child that was very much wanted and planned; my wife is currently 10 weeks pregnant. This should be a very happy time for us (and it is for the most part), but I've started suspecting that she's relapsed and has started drinking again. It's either that or I am going crazy.

This all started when I found an empty wine bottle tucked behind some boxes in our hall closet several weeks ago; it was about a week after we found out my wife was pregnant. It seemed very odd to me because (a) it was very out of place in the closet; (b) we haven't had wine or wine bottle in our house since my wife started her treatment program; and (c) I don't remember it being there ever before this. We also have never kept empty wine bottle for reuse either, so there’s no reason for why it should be there.

I casually mentioned it to my wife, and she acted surprised. She said it must have been something we stored and forgot, and she claimed to have no idea when we put it there. It was suspicious, but I believed her.

Almost two weeks later I discovered another wine bottle, but this one was buried at the bottom of our outside trash can. Again, something didn't seem right to me. I always take the trash out, and I don't remember it being there a few days earlier. Since it was at the bottom, I would have had to have seen it at some point unless it was hidden after the can was filled up, but then why would someone go through the effort of stuffing a bottle at the bottom of the trash can unless they wanted to hide it? I certainly didn't put it in myself, so I knew it had to be someone else or my wife.

I took it out and showed it to her, and this time she got upset. She asked me what I was trying to imply, and I told her I was curious and possibly concerned. I didn't accuse her of anything, but she came right out and told me that she wasn't drinking and that it was the same bottle I found two weeks earlier. I could almost swear that it was different because I'm fairly certain they had different labels, but since I didn't throw the other one out, I don't know for sure. I thought it was odd that she would wait so long, but I didn't have anything to prove she was lying.

I noticed after that fight that my wife seemed more on edge and very jittery, and I also noticed at times her behavior was odd in other ways (e.g. she started questioning me a lot more about when I would be home if I was out and would randomly call me sometimes to make sure I was still going to be home exactly when I was, and if I got home a little early, she would be upset with me). I also started to notice that after she went into the bathroom for a while some nights she would come back more relaxed and sometimes almost like a person who is tipsy. I did take a quick glance at the bathroom, but I didn't find anything.

Then finally the last straw (and what made me post here) came earlier this week. I was coming home from work, and I again got a random call from my wife asking if I was going to be late or what time exactly I would get home. I probably should have done this, but I lied and told her I expected to be about an hour late. I decided to park a little way down the street instead of our driveway and walk home and surprise my wife. She must have heard me come in because I saw her run into her into our bedroom and heard her shut the closet door.

I'm going to try to condense this last part because this post is already too long. I caught up to her and asked her what what going on and she got very upset immediately. I asked her why she ran into the closet, and she denied going into it. I knew she was lying because I heard two doors close (our bedroom and the closet). I went into the closet and eventually found a bottle of wine hidden under some clothes. We had a big fight about it. I asked her if she was drinking again, and she denied it completely. She claimed that she had bought it as a gift for her friend but hid it because she knew I would think she was drinking, and that's where we are now.

She's still pissed because she thinks I don't trust her and consider her to be the type of woman that would drink while pregnant. I've told her constantly that I'm not judging her. I just want to do the right thing for her and the baby so if something is going on I would rather her be honest with me instead of hide it from me.

Nothing adds up to me. Everything points to her drinking again, but none of what I've found proves anything. The empty bottle I found could have been stored there by accident and forgotten by me. Maybe the bottle I found in the trash was the same one. The bottle I found in our closet didn't look like anything had been drunk from it, so maybe she is telling the truth. Maybe the other odd behavior is just stress or related to the pregnancy in another way. I want to believe her, but my gut tells me something isn't right. I'd like to know what third parties think. Do I have a reason to be concerned about a relapse, or am I paranoid and imagining things?

tl;dr: My former alcoholic wife has been acting strange lately. I've found several wine bottles in places so odd that it makes me think she has started drinking again. I found another she hide from me that was full or nearly full, but she claimed she bought it for a friend and hid it from me because she thought I would think she was drinking again. Everything points to her drinking, but I can't prove anything. She thinks I am being paranoid, and I feel that way at times, but am I? She is pregnant right now, so I'm extra worried that the stress has caused her to relapse and she's going to hurt herself and the baby if something isn't done soon!

Update: I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to respond and offer suggestions and for the support. I contacted my wife's OB/GYN today and let him know about the situation. He shared some resources with me related to FAS to share with my wife, and he told me that he would do everything in his power to help my wife. I have not had a chance to search the house for alcohol yet, but I'm going to try to do it discretely tonight. Then I'm going to confront my wife either way. I don't know exactly what I'm going to say to her, but my goal is to get her to understand that we can get her help for this but I'm not going to stay silent and let her hurt our child. I still think we can be happy together, but if the child is born with FAS or she continues to drink, it won't be possible. The only way this can work is if she gets help and stops lying. I also read the comments about termination. As hard as it is to admit, I think it may be the best thing. Clearly we're not ready to have a child right now, and I think going forward with this pregnancy would only hurt 3 people instead of just two people being hurt. If she really has relapsed, even if our baby is healthy, I don't think she would be able to handle the stress of motherhood and stay sober right now. She needs to get healthy first.

It’s just depressing all around. I’m a recovering alcoholic, and all the bolded parts are poo poo I would do to hide my stash years ago.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

lol what a dumbass he doesn't even have poo poo lol.

Don't most prenups not really even stand up in court anyway or did I miss hear something? Anyways dude is stupid and should just let it go lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Panera bread bowls are still pretty awesome and they have wifi.

My [23m] dad [50s] was accused of sexual harassment, and now he is pissed because I refuse to attend his wedding with a much younger woman. Help?

My dad was accused of sexual harassment by a woman who claimed he kept asking her on dates repeatedly, sending her unwanted gifts and bothering her to no end. She said he was manipulative towards her. I do not doubt it for a second.

Now, my dad is engaged to this woman who is 21 years old. I'm pretty sure what their marriage is about but none of my business. I refuse to attend it, however, and he is super pissed off and saying I should support him, as his son, "on the next step of his life". I think this is a joke, but he won't leave me alone about it. Help?

tl;dr: dad accused of sexual harassment and marrying a 21 year old, insists i attend his wedding.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

fruit on the bottom posted:

If you don't get married with contingency plans for its failure you're just hamstringing yourself. Stop believing in "true love" and aim for "okay being around you for 50 years".

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

drat. How deep in the South were you?

Northwest Arkansas. Pretty deep to most, but undid once meet a woman who was an Alabama snob (of all things) that insisted that Arkansas isn't really part of The South.

quote:

Nothing adds up to me. Everything points to her drinking again, but none of what I've found proves anything. 
Dude, c'mon

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

Like we’d ever catch you at Paleys

What the gently caress is Paleys? Is that a McDonald’s for the nouveau riche?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
*finds wife comatose on bed surrounded by bottles of wine*

"Who could have put these wine bottles here?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Don't most prenups not really even stand up in court anyway or did I miss hear something? Anyways dude is stupid and should just let it go lol

Depends on what the prenup is trying to protect, how fair it is, and other factors. Two people who have a mutual prenup to protect say familial heirloom items they had before getting married will lilely hold up, that guy whose prenup says his wife cant have any alimony and gets 0 assets including those earned while in relationship 100% will not.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MarcusSA posted:

From my understanding, unless you're rich enough to afford a really good lawyer to draft it up, they're generally poo poo and don't do what the person that wanted it intended.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

LadyPictureShow posted:

In the comments he says she won’t let him go to appointments with her anymore. The reason?

How antiquated are a lot of these ‘no no’ foods for pregnant women these days? A friend of mine was pregnant a couple years ago and her OBGYN said the occasional glass of wine was okay. But then again, we were refused service at a sushi place once because the waiter said ‘pregnant women aren’t allowed to eat sushi’.

The sushi thing was most likely a CYA so that the restaurant can't be held liable for any problems that a pregnant lady might be able to blame on eating raw fish. The waiter probably flubbed the delivery but I guarantee you that it's a legal thing so that place doesn't get sued.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [23m] dad [50s] was accused of sexual harassment, and now he is pissed because I refuse to attend his wedding with a much younger woman. Help?

My dad was accused of sexual harassment by a woman who claimed he kept asking her on dates repeatedly, sending her unwanted gifts and bothering her to no end. She said he was manipulative towards her. I do not doubt it for a second.

Now, my dad is engaged to this woman who is 21 years old. I'm pretty sure what their marriage is about but none of my business. I refuse to attend it, however, and he is super pissed off and saying I should support him, as his son, "on the next step of his life". I think this is a joke, but he won't leave me alone about it. Help?

tl;dr: dad accused of sexual harassment and marrying a 21 year old, insists i attend his wedding.

He should call the wife “mommy” every time he is forced to interact with her

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Wasn't there a weird prenup story where like it was the guy posting about how he browbeat his international wife into some sort of completely unenforceable "you get absolutely nothing" deal and was wondering if he could use that as leverage to start bringing other girlfriends around his place.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Clark Nova posted:

He should call the wife “mommy” every time he is forced to interact with her

Especially when he inevitably bangs her.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Barudak posted:

Depends on what the prenup is trying to protect, how fair it is, and other factors. Two people who have a mutual prenup to protect say familial heirloom items they had before getting married will lilely hold up, that guy whose prenup says his wife cant have any alimony and gets 0 assets including those earned while in relationship 100% will not.

Sounds like the way to go is marry some rich chud moron and sign the most unbelievably one sided prenup possible with the plan to have the whole thing thrown out and take half.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

Wasn't there a weird prenup story where like it was the guy posting about how he browbeat his international wife into some sort of completely unenforceable "you get absolutely nothing" deal and was wondering if he could use that as leverage to start bringing other girlfriends around his place.

yes and it was absolutely infuriating and now i'm mad just thinking about it again

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Brother Entropy posted:

i had to google this and of course it's some portland poo poo my broke mexican rear end is supposed to recognize by name

fuckin ivory tower coastal elitists

Picklandia

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

yes and it was absolutely infuriating and now i'm mad just thinking about it again

If its any consolation its probably not real because nobody who would do all that would ever need to ask reddit about whether or not to bring in a new bangmaid

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Outrail posted:

Sounds like the way to go is marry some rich chud moron and sign the most unbelievably one sided prenup possible with the plan to have the whole thing thrown out and take half.

It probably wouldn’t be hard to convince the rear end in a top hat that consulting a (((lawyer))) is a waste of time and money, and that it is really easy to draft your own prenup, in crayon.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Clark Nova posted:

It probably wouldn’t be hard to convince the rear end in a top hat that consulting a (((lawyer))) is a waste of time and money, and that it is really easy to draft your own prenup, in crayon.

Maybe 2 scryors and a medium? :shrug:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

If its any consolation its probably not real because nobody who would do all that would ever need to ask reddit about whether or not to bring in a new bangmaid

if i remember the story right he actually already had brought in a new younger girl to live with them, the reddit advice was just how to get the wife to be less of a sadsack about it

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

iirc they typically hold up just fine, but the circumstances in which people ask for or sign prenups mean that a whole lot of them can be invalidated for reasons like lack of adequate representation/coercion of one party, misrepresenting assets, or completely lopsided/unconscionable/invalid terms

so quite easy to set up so that in the event of a divorce people keep their family's property/inherited wealth/pre-existing assets and split things in a reasonably equitable manner, but "my family's lawyer drafted this contract for you to sign right now as a condition of marriage that says you're entitled to nothing, I pay no alimony ever, and you can't get fat" isn't going to do poo poo

which is why the dude is being dumb as gently caress- even if this move doesn't torpedo the relationship it's almost impossible to imagine him coming out ahead in a valid prenup, since her presumably competent independent legal representation would be able to protect her inherited wealth and there's no way for him to keep all of his future earnings/assets

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

if i remember the story right he actually already had brought in a new younger girl to live with them, the reddit advice was just how to get the wife to be less of a sadsack about it

Yeah, I think that was it. Either way a person like that doesnt need validation.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Tell him you'd be happy to support him on his next step, but this is him repeating his previous 3 steps.

I'd probably be anxious over food migration, but I was broken of it by not being willing to eat anything but grilled ham and cheese sandwiches or mashed potatoes until I was 6 and that became impossible. I packed lunch every single day until I graduated.

I eat like an adventurous normal person today, but I still won't do fast food except Chick-fil-a and Arbys*, unless I've already missed 2 meals that day.

*Arbys used to serve grilled ham and cheese. Their roast beef was similar enough in texture that I was able to switch over.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

It was almost definitely a troll because I remember it, this was in fact his actual question, and it was the most stone-cold poo poo I'd ever seen

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Man, if you search ‘pregnant alcoholic’ you find some doozies.

Do I [28F] keep trying with my tremulous husband [47M]?

quote:

This is extremely long, I feel like in order to receive proper advice, all variables of our history needs to be included. I apologize in advance and grateful for any additional insight or thoughts, thank you.

My husband and I met at a house party that we were invited to by mutual friends, our meeting was surrounded in itself by very toxic people and a toxic environment.

I had only turned 18 a couple months prior, was still in highschool, dealing with a very emotionally unbalanced parents. I was raised in a very loving church community and raised with good values though. I have also suffered from extreme, crippling anxiety. I was secretly drinking, smoking pot and self harming to cope. Which is against my faith.

When I met my husband, he was separated from his first wife and had two children from that marriage. I found out his kids and I were only a few years apart in age.

He was the oldest in our group by far, would supply alcohol, would buy things that I admired, would travel an hour to pick me up every day. I felt heard for the first time in my life and also treated as an adult which I hadn't experienced before. I was also being heavily desired by him.

There were red flags looking back:

-Crossed my physical boundaries during sex, was greedy during it and pressured me to let him just use the pull out method. Being extremely inexperienced and uneducated, I was still hesitant but I did give into the pressure.
-He drank constantly, drove drunk constantly. He was the type to black out drink or consume until he was sick.
-He'd buy me and our friends alcohol, he was in his 30s and our friends/myself was 17/18.
-He allowed and encouraged his kids to drink 12-14.
-He drove drunk with his kids daily.
-He would take his kids to sports bars every day.
-Would allow his kids to drive and their friends @ 12-14.

I ended up getting pregnant whilst still in highschool and only a couple months after meeting him. I couldn't tell my parents, I moved out of my childhood home after hiding my pregnancy for 6 months. We moved in together and I tried to continue school but eventually dropped out.

My anxiety was (still) so bad I've never driven a car and cry/shake hysterically when sitting in the drivers seat with the engine off. Haven't had any work experience. I didn't see a doctor until I was 7 months pregnant and I didn't tell my parents until a week after I had my baby.

I was isolated, living in a very scary area, trying to be a stepmom with no support, no support during my pregnancy or birth of my baby. I was scared to tell my parents and so I stayed and tried to make it work.

I would remind him of birthday and celebrations to encourage him not to drink away the money. Many times he couldn't afford gifts for his kids. I had no preparations for my baby because drinking was his priority. We lived very very poorly. But I wanted to make this work still. I had to.

I would fix snacks for after school for his kids, encourage him to spend sober time with them, we had them every day after school 5 days a week. I cooked all meals and did all entertainment. His kids weren't encouraged to respect me at all.

They stole things from me. Broke items from my childhood on purpose, items that were my family heritage. Would wake the baby up. Were given the freedom to criticize my parenting of baby, my house cleaning, cooked food, opinions of anything, and would tell me of how I needed to treat their Dad. I also hosted their friends quite often. But I still wanted to make this work, I had to.

Fast forward a few years; his kids are now adults, I'm raising our daughter emotionally solo whilst he is out partying and sleeping around. He would only come home a few hours a night (3?).

He would be furious when I needed to shop for house, groceries, or baby and would spent the whole time berating me. I've had to walk off and leave a cart full of groceries sometimes because I'd break down and cry from a mix of panic attack & stress from him tearing me down the whole trip.

I'd beg him to take me shopping sober for the things we needed, he was unable to manage that and I had to call the police once after an altercation in the car. We had a few physical altercations like pushing me to the ground, driving off while I'm half way in the car on purpose, tried to drive off with my baby drunk/refusing to give her back to me.

He blew $20k inheritance on drinking and the consequences from his drinking. I've pulled cactus out of his side/back/butt because he fell down in it. I've had to clip stitches because two appointments to get them taken out of the office was rejected when he turned up drunk.

I've had to pled for transportation and money for bare needs and when I received it, there was always an emotional consequence I had to pay. I took verbal beatings over how to raise our daughter over things like exposure to sex, violence and vulgarity. But I needed to make this work still, I knew I could try harder. I didn't/couldn't give up.

He was arrested for aggravated DUI. Served in a work release program for a few weeks, and was on a home monitored ankle bracelet after that with a breathalyzer in the car for a year. Also a huge court fine.

I feel grateful at that point and blessed that finally an officer didn't let him go and did his job. I'm extremely thankful no one was killed. And hoping this is finally the new leaf.

He gets divorced and we get married. Things are getting a bit better since he isn't allowed to drink but he is still constantly angry. He has successes at work, he is 3 years sober, finances in the bank, he is more involved with our daughter (7), though it's still not 100%. And I have a good home budget.

Work is extremely stressful especially since he is now on dislplincary action, we will know in 30 days if he still has a job or not.

He is still sober but he is extremely angry all of the time. Nearly any conversation we have together, no matter the topic, he ends up in a fit of rage and screaming/slamming doors.

Christmas Day at my family's house is an example. He was angry all day, refused all advances of love, would ignore me/dismiss me when I'd try to talk to him or ask what he'd like on his meal plate. He was agitated and wanted to take our daughter across the valley to visit his adult children. Seeing how unbalanced he was during morning/afternoon and how he disregarded needs/safety of myself and our daughter, I attempted to convince him she could stay whilst he went. He lost it in front of everyone.. My siblings, my parents.. I finally put my foot down and said she isn't going but he could go and come back after his visit with his kids. He was so livid his face was bright red, I felt like his eyes were super black/absent (idk how to explain?) and he threw some stuff then slammed my parents door. He later told me he was going to divorce me because I disappointed his adult kids by not allowing our daughter to go.

I've watched him seem to be getting more intense, aggressive, unreasonable, and unsafe.

He got furious with me because I told him our daughter isn't suppose to ride front seat because of the air bag. She is under the weight and age requirements. He told me he has been a parent before and I need to stop telling him what to do as her parent. I just want her safe.

Recently this last week, a customer and him were walking towards each other and my husband "didn't want to move", waiting until the very last chance to move. He said this guy was bigger than him both ways and he didn't move out of my husbands way either. They knocked shoulders pretty hard and my husband continued walking without apologizing. The customer is upset and "rudely says excuse me" in which my husband said "excuse me back in the same rude way" and basically dismissed this guy. The customer ended up following him around the store, got up in his face and told my husband he was lucky he didn't spit on him for how rude he was. And what poor customer service.

He is already on probation for poor job performance and this customer said he was going to file a complaint because of my husbands behavior, he is a manager. My husband said he did nothing wrong and guys do this all the time to be the dominate one. That both men didn't move and this guy is much better than him so it's his fault (the customer's) and not his (the manager). And he would do it again if he had to.

Even when he was an alcoholic he could hold it together at work... I feel like he is slipping here because he would of never of done this to a customer previously.

I also found out that a girl he has been actively crushing on at work.. Things have progressed. He says he loves her but won't leave me. And when I've been building him up emotionally (totally gone full force cheerleader mode because he was so down, hurt to see him like that) because work is so intense... He has written long eloquent letters to her on exact phrases I've used... To help him. An affair I'm sure is coming up soon. She has no idea what he is really like.

At the end of the month we were suppose to travel to a different state and because he has been so emotionally hostile I'm afraid of going. I did set him up with a dr appointment to see if we can get some outside help, he was put on a mood stabilizer.

Basically now, he is on medication but we won't know until 3-6 weeks, he is prepping for an affair, his temper is really intense/scary, and this trip coming up.

I've never worked, I've never driven a car, my anxiety is so intense checking the mail (leaving my house) is crippling. I'll cry, shake, and sometime wet my pants because I lose control over my bladder because of the anxiety. I have full access to our finances, though we don't have much but that is not an issue.

I am tired and it's taken everything some days to help him with these struggles. I don't know if I can go through another hard bump with him and I'm terrified to do it on my own. I love him and when he is great he is amazing but it's not very often I get to see that person.

TL;DR My husband has a lot of struggles. I saw hope and relief finally after lots of trials. He has regressed, do I keep going?

:stare:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

*sighs and reaches for "Break them up by sleeping with her" stamp*

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

loquacius posted:

It was almost definitely a troll because I remember it, this was in fact his actual question, and it was the most stone-cold poo poo I'd ever seen

i can't tell if i'm the naive one for believing that story or if yall are the naive ones for not believing someone could be that heartless and oblivious to how he comes off

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

LadyPictureShow posted:

I can't imagine having such crippling anxiety that you're basically a worthless hunk of meat

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

This is a repeat. I remember her extremely incorrect usage of “tremulous”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

They say life isnt a pass/fail kind of thing, but Im pretty sure Brahma is gonna hold you back a life to repeat this one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

i can't tell if i'm the naive one for believing that story or if yall are the naive ones for not believing someone could be that heartless and oblivious to how he comes off

Ive met people on his level of lovely and none of them have any self doubt.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

LadyPictureShow posted:

Mormon/ex-mormon

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SpazmasterX posted:

I can't imagine having such crippling anxiety that you're basically a worthless hunk of meat

They probably bonded over their propensity to piss themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

SpazmasterX posted:

Hi! I got better!