Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

the keeping the box + receipt thing isn't even mildly shady like sneaking a flask or w/e, bougie bitch is even embarrassed when she's doing something smart and pragmatic like keeping track of expensive purchases

Yeah when I first read i thought he was talking about the "buy a new one and return the broken one in the box" scam but no, she's just organized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

LadyPictureShow posted:

I (27f) found some stuff on my guy's (42m) phone

I can’t muster any response other than ‘ewwwwwww’.

I think most countries including the us requires phone cameras play a shutter sound when you snap a photo, specifically because of creep cams, so he jailbroke his phone specifically to do this

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I think most countries including the us requires phone cameras play a shutter sound when you snap a photo, specifically because of creep cams, so he jailbroke his phone specifically to do this

is that a recent thing? i just checked my galaxy s8 and it doesn't make the noise if i have the volume off

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

oh no you can't eat Chipotles in this Panera, what if we get in t-t-trouble?!
To be honest that was the one that stood out to me the most as "who on earth does that". It'd be weird as gently caress to show up to a restaurant your friends were eating at with your own food.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Hmm I thought it was. Guess not. I just tried it myself with same result. Maybe it was just my last phone that did it

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Clark Nova posted:

Congrats on browbeating this lady into carrying your larvae to term using only a spreadsheet. Maybe don't expect too much more than the minimum here?

In the comments he says she won’t let him go to appointments with her anymore. The reason?

quote:

Because I "tattled" on her to her doctor about all the things she was doing that she shouldn't be.

quote:

She won't let me go with her to her doctor appointments.

When she first told me, she wanted to get an abortion, but when we talked it through she changed her mind. She seems excited about the baby. She's been buying lots of baby things and have been making nursery plans.

She gets really upset with me whenever I bring it up to her. She just dismisses me and says "it's fine" or "a few oysters won't hurt the baby". Yesterday we got into a big blow out over the alcohol. I'll admit I was very critical over it, but she totally lost her temper and ended up screaming at me that it was her only drink in months and to just leave her the "F" alone.

How antiquated are a lot of these ‘no no’ foods for pregnant women these days? A friend of mine was pregnant a couple years ago and her OBGYN said the occasional glass of wine was okay. But then again, we were refused service at a sushi place once because the waiter said ‘pregnant women aren’t allowed to eat sushi’.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

To be honest that was the one that stood out to me the most as "who on earth does that". It'd be weird as gently caress to show up to a restaurant your friends were eating at with your own food.

it's a loving Panera, not a Michelin star restaurant with a six-month reservation waitlist. Roll in with a 7/11 slurpee and a bag of chips to hang with your buds for the 15 minutes you're using the table, who gives a poo poo.

LadyPictureShow posted:

In the comments he says she won’t let him go to appointments with her anymore. The reason?

How antiquated are a lot of these ‘no no’ foods for pregnant women these days? A friend of mine was pregnant a couple years ago and her OBGYN said the occasional glass of wine was okay. But then again, we were refused service at a sushi place once because the waiter said ‘pregnant women aren’t allowed to eat sushi’.

it doesn't matter when you're pregnant apparently everyone in the universe gets Opinions about how everything you're doing is Wrong For The Baby and they feel entitled to justify them at tremendous length and volume

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

I'd agree if it were an actual sitdown restaurant, but Panera is fuckin aspirational McDonalds. Buy a cookie if you feel bad.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I just can't imagine doing that anywhere, not even a fastfood place. Can't they just grab the food together and go eat in the park or something.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

wait til ArbC hears about the guys who spend all day at Starbucks using the wifi and warm air without even ordering anything

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 30, 2018

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

That's like the fourth? post itt about a man deciding for the couple that The Child Will Be Kept and then being upset that their incubator is deviating from The Plan. It's so slimy and I really wish that abortions were not only easier to obtain, but that more women felt comfortable getting them.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mill Town posted:

The gently caress is current mobbing?

Late answer, but "mobbing" is Swedish for bullying, and I guess s/he probably assumed it was an English loanword because both languages have similar suffixes for gerunds. Add to that that Swedish schools have an insane view of inclusivity and what constitutes bullying, and an appropriate translation would be "not involved in any cliques."

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Mercury concentration in seafood is a legit problem. Alcohol, I wanna hear her side, but if she gives as little a gently caress as he says, I don’t think it’s an occasional glass of wine.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bunni-kat posted:

Mercury concentration in seafood is a legit problem.

Not to mention microplastics. Pollution is ruining seafood and it's time we do something about it. #fuckstarvingpeopleijustwannaeattuna

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

I just can't imagine doing that anywhere, not even a fastfood place. Can't they just grab the food together and go eat in the park or something.

It’s trashy as hell and not worth what a low class person your friends will see you as

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
You guys, why is my girlfriend mad that I'm treating her like a walking incubator instead of a human being?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If I saw someone doing that (bringing food from one restaurant to another) I would not give one single gently caress.

I wouldn’t personally do it myself cause I’m an anxiety ridden beta soy boy but I wouldn’t care if others did.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ebola Roulette posted:

You guys, why is my girlfriend mad that I'm treating her like a walking incubator instead of a human being?

If you paypal me $100 I can come around with my special tool and fix up your MomBot 2K for you.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The pregnancy-food thing is another of those disputes where I really need to see what the actual extent of it is to pass judgment

like, is it really that she touched an oyster and smelled wine and he went crazy, or is she actually doing that thing where being told she's not supposed to eat something made her wanna slam it all day just because You Can't Tell ME what to DO DOCTOR

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

My husband convinced me to continue my pregnancy so I'm being lovely to my unborn child.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

If I saw someone doing that (bringing food from one restaurant to another) I would not give one single gently caress.

I wouldn’t personally do it myself cause I’m an anxiety ridden beta soy boy but I wouldn’t care if others did.

I have done this a total of once and the employees got mad at me and asked me to throw the trash out somewhere else because their precious trash real estate is quite limited

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rubellavator posted:

My husband convinced me to continue my pregnancy so I'm being lovely to my unborn child.

At least if she ruins its developing brain it might not realize how lovely it is to grow up with parents who hate each other.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

loquacius posted:

I have done this a total of once and the employees got mad at me and asked me to throw the trash out somewhere else because their precious trash real estate is quite limited

I would loving leave it on the table if they tried that poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I would loving leave it on the table if they tried that poo poo

I was like 20 at the time; if presented with the same situation at my current age I'd probably just drop it in the parking lot, like, right outside the door

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Skutter posted:

That's like the fourth? post itt about a man deciding for the couple that The Child Will Be Kept and then being upset that their incubator is deviating from The Plan. It's so slimy and I really wish that abortions were not only easier to obtain, but that more women felt comfortable getting them.

I said in one of the unpopular opinion threads that if I were ever pregnant, no one would ever know, and a bunch of goons got mad at me. :shrug: Whatever, my uterus, my rules.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The pregnancy food thing is hosed up in the sense of it showing that I can do a complete 180 of opinion from a single word in a post, because who gives a poo poo if she eats oysters, but holy poo poo she shouldn't be drinking alcohol

Like, gently caress, just because you let your idiot boyfriend brow beat you and you can't communicate that this isn't something you want and sever over it after getting an abortion doesn't mean you should gently caress up your own child's health, wanted or not

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

It’s trashy as hell and not worth what a low class person your friends will see you as

Lmao

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Panera is the WASP version of the Japanese tea ceremony, any misstep in the noble rituals of partaking will mark one indelibly as of low birth and bring shame upon one's family

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

god forbid people think you're low-class at a loving panera bread

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Panera blows but like 20 years later my mom still brings up seeing sjbeone do that at Paleys

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I know if I ever want advice on how to be a normal, decent person I'll ask Pick's mom cus she clearly just churns those out like it's nothing

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pick posted:

Panera blows but like 20 years later my mom still brings up seeing sjbeone do that at Paleys

i'm gonna start doing it in the hopes i own someone's brain as savagely as that person did to your mom

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
If you can't control your craven and bestial nature it doesn't matter if it's a Panera Bread store it's still a heavy black mark against your character.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Bunni-kat posted:

Mercury concentration in seafood is a legit problem. Alcohol, I wanna hear her side, but if she gives as little a gently caress as he says, I don’t think it’s an occasional glass of wine.

No idea how to tell the actual extent, but a comment I quoted from the OP had him starting an argument about the drink, and her saying it was her only drink in months, so dude could be bent outta shape over a mimosa.

I remember reading an old r/relationships story where a guy’s pregnant wife was boozing hard.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

loquacius posted:

I was like 20 at the time; if presented with the same situation at my current age I'd probably just drop it in the parking lot, like, right outside the door

That’s a really poo poo thing to do.

The employees would likely catch poo poo for having "let" you eat other place’s food there, even if the manager only saw the garbage. Asking you to throw it out elsewhere is just asking you to save them a headache.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

No idea how to tell the actual extent, but a comment I quoted from the OP had him starting an argument about the drink, and her saying it was her only drink in months, so dude could be bent outta shape over a mimosa.

I remember reading an old r/relationships story where a guy’s pregnant wife was boozing hard.

I got done for the day on the farm once and headed down to the county line liquor store, a little one room affair with coolers along the walls and a single register running the counter and the drive through window.

I picked up my whiskey and was in line behind a tweaker trying to redeem losing lotto tickets when a very pregnant woman in booty shorts and a sports bra waddles in with her hands on her hips in that classic 'having a contraction' pose.

She pushes the tweaker out of the way and says to the clerk, 'Get me one of them boxes of that wine! These contractions are fuckin' killing me!'

He did, she paid for it, and on her way out I noticed she was barefoot.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

tactlessbastard posted:

I got done for the day on the farm once and headed down to the county line liquor store, a little one room affair with coolers along the walls and a single register running the counter and the drive through window.

I picked up my whiskey and was in line behind a tweaker trying to redeem losing lotto tickets when a very pregnant woman in booty shorts and a sports bra waddles in with her hands on her hips in that classic 'having a contraction' pose.

She pushes the tweaker out of the way and says to the clerk, 'Get me one of them boxes of that wine! These contractions are fuckin' killing me!'

He did, she paid for it, and on her way out I noticed she was barefoot.

Did you shout "Goonspeed" after her?

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
tbh i feel weird bringing outside food to a restaurant but i know it's weird and that i am weird for it

lol if you drink and aren't bringing a flask to a concert/festival when possible though

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm gonna start doing it in the hopes i own someone's brain as savagely as that person did to your mom

Like we’d ever catch you at Paleys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Jeza posted:

Did you shout "Goonspeed" after her?

Speak to a stranger in public are you kidding me??