Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Its actually not well liked by hardcore bullet hell people. I ferget why tho. Been a while since i saw the argument come up

Everything in the game is about color swapping in enemy patterns of three which the game cant therefore ever vary from and with nothing random, leading to the game having an almost QTE/Rythm game feeling and a strict scoring system that rewards only that. Watch a highscore run and youll see how controlled it is versus other shmups.

That said thats at pretty high level, the averag person will have fun with its color swap mechanics and short length.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

wooooooo

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

njsykora posted:

The memorisation aspect also led to one player having a complete loving meltdown over the Xbox Live Arcade version because they mirrored one of the levels.

i'm gonna need more information about this because lol

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I alway thought of a playable princess Zelda game as a game where Link goes overseas to deal with an evil being/demon/etc whose awakening causes a surge of monsters, disasters and other threats to awaken in a prosperous hyrule.

So now Zelda has to master her power of light as she organizes the response to the monsters and disasters with the help of the royal court.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They should make another one with kid Link. Only this time you follow around an older Zelda who is totally badass and grizzled. This time she's the one wielding the Master Sword and slays the three goddesses with it.
Also, she constantly calls you boy.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
It's already been done:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

XyrlocShammypants posted:

They can have Zelda touch something or get some object that let’s her transform into Rito, Gorudo, Korok so she can fight or sneak or whatever.

Links dick

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Mons Hubris posted:

Zach, do you think I could get anyone to sign my petition to put Deadly Premonition on the Switch...?

Francis, the Switch...

It's been...soiled...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Ikaruga thing was the top player then on Xbox Live (so the best player at that version of the game) putting in his profile.

"The XBLA version of Ikaruga is a horrible port, this isn't Ikaruga, this is Ikaruga LOL."

Our gamer meltdowns were a bit more contained in 2008.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

njsykora posted:

The Ikaruga thing was the top player then on Xbox Live (so the best player at that version of the game) putting in his profile.

"The XBLA version of Ikaruga is a horrible port, this isn't Ikaruga, this is Ikaruga LOL."

Our gamer meltdowns were a bit more contained in 2008.

That is... disappointing.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I have BOTW, MarioKart, Kirby, Mario Odyssey, and Splatoon. Are there any other good games that aren't just Wii U rereleases and indie games? I really don't care for platformers which I realize, now, is the bulk of Nintendo games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

jokes posted:

I have BOTW, MarioKart, Kirby, Mario Odyssey, and Splatoon. Are there any other good games that aren't just Wii U rereleases and indie games? I really don't care for platformers which I realize, now, is the bulk of Nintendo games.
Mario + Rabbids. No, really.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I like Mario and Rabbids combat more than I like XCOM combat, and if they had a base and research and a geoscape instead of an overworld, it'd be the perfect game.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

The combat in Rabbids is honestly amazing. Challenging, strategic, fun, and generally just an absolute blast.

The overworld is so bad it made me sell the game because I got tired of of pushing blocks around in the most frustrating "puzzles" just to try and get to the drat battles.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Currently playing XCom2 on PS4 right and infinitely prefer Rabbids to it. The biggest problem with Rabbids is that it doesn't have that random generated enemies component, the battles themselves are almost like puzzles but static. Given that it is already May and we've got no news on the expansion pack, I'm expecting it to be pretty meaty.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Why isn't XCOM on switch yet? It has lovely ports on everything else.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Switch hacking backstory and homebrew summary.

Due to an oversight in a non-zero number of Tegra chipset devices, if you hold a special input the system will boot from USB with all hardware access before the processor or Nintendo's OS can do anything as a recovery mode measure.
This is a bootrom problem that can only be really fixed with a new minor hardware revision, which later switch models will get.
It should not have been released until summer so Nvidia could have a reasonable disclosure time to warn all their downstream customers. The leak and following full disclosure precluded some programming comforts like good libs, better drivers, or support for basic hardware functions.

The 'special input' for the Switch is to bridge two pins on the right joycon when connecting it. afaik these two pins aren't used for anything else. You can bend the pins, stick a little wire in there, use a 3D printed jig, or just a safety pin to bridge it.

What is there:
- Streaming games or video from another computer
- Arch Linux and Ubuntu OSs. Wifi, controllers, and hardware acceleration are primitive but there.
- nand backup
- some homebrew
- a promising looking multi-system emulator that's not retroarch, which I can't find now.

What is not there:
- publicly facing CFW implementation
- anything piracy, game modding, rom hacking, or fan translations
- meaningful dives into the Switche's OS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be6Ozc1_tAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y7kXOmZ5wQ

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Whew, just in time too! The switch is about to die anyways due to massive copyright infringement on the part of big N:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/01/nintendo-switch-wikipad-gamevice-import-investigation-patent/

pack it up boys we had a good run, this is now officially a homebrew thread

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
if they do a game where zelda is the protag they should call it Link

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doorknob Slobber posted:

if they do a game where zelda is the protag they should call it Link

Definitely can't have both a female protagonist AND her name in the title

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The Bloop posted:

Definitely can't have both a female protagonist AND her name in the title

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Lodin posted:

Did Mipha at least give him a handy when he had to jizz on the eggs?

She let him rub up against her cloaca but he wasn’t allowed to put it in

Weedle
May 31, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Whew, just in time too! The switch is about to die anyways due to massive copyright infringement on the part of big N:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/01/nintendo-switch-wikipad-gamevice-import-investigation-patent/

pack it up boys we had a good run, this is now officially a homebrew thread

This poo poo again? The Razer Edge predates both the Switch and the Gamevice by several years. Surely that constitutes prior art?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

What if Zelda were the main character and she had huge rear end titties?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Has there ever been a successful copyright lawsuit against Nintendo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

:great:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Zelda goes on a quest to save Linkle from Ganondorf who is also a girl this time. Hire me Nintendo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Raserys posted:

Let's just say there's a reason the original arcade version of Donkey Kong has never been put on VC. Although I guess that was more settled out of court...?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Raserys posted:

I think there was one. Had something to do with controller rumble, I believe? I don't remember the exact details.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Raserys posted:

It's patent infringement, not copyright, and the U.S. patent system is pretty hosed and loves to hand out bullshit patents to companies who do nothing with them except extort infringers. Sony and Microsoft both had to cough up for their use of rumble in controllers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immersion_v._Sony (Nintendo's rumble was different enough that they had their own patent on it). But Switch ain't going anywhere, worst case is that Nintendo will owe royalties when the case gets settled in a few years.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

lovely company squats on great idea, denying it to the masses.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Guys Zelda has her own game it's called the Wand of Gamelon. And the HD remaster is coming soon anyway.

https://youtu.be/U9KJlCKk6UA

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

They don't even have the same function and I'm sure Nintendo has receipts for how long they've been working on it.

https://youtu.be/wVOZ2RW2_7E

Here's some footage of Sky Rogue's danger zone controls if anyone is on the fence.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

go on....

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I would like this game to be ported to the Switch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RCarr posted:

What award could Fortnite possibly win? Most quickly thrown together skeleton of a game?

Oh I totally agree, it won't win anything, but much like the PUBG nomination for GOTY based on sheer popularity, I'm counting on The Game Awards throwing Fortnite the same kind of bone by saying "yeah we get it, it's popular, but it ain't winning poo poo"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I would like this game to be ported to the Switch.

You probably wouldnt.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raserys posted:

They recently lost a patent case pertaining to the transmitters in the wiimote like a decade after it mattered and the fine was negligible but idk about copy right

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Barudak posted:

You probably wouldnt.
I played it a bit on the 3DS just before getting a Switch and though it was decent but also that it would benefit a lot from higher resolution and a bigger screen...same as I feel about most 3DS games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I would like to play Dark Souls. This month preferably.

• Locked thread