Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Weird bug in the game where there's 5 carries: Someone eventually does more damage than the other 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Siets posted:

It is mentally and physically exhausting to do that.

Why I stopped playing SC2, even though it's ~the greatest~ competitive game.

One thing I do really wish league had from SC is the really specific training maps - like, the marine splitting micro maps or what have you. The training tool's great, but having something where you could i.e. drill dodging skillshots or flashing tough walls or whatever would be handy. Probably never going to happen, but I can dream...

kingcobweb posted:

Buffs to Morgana, Brand, and Zyra will affect them more in botlane than in mid. (Who plays Zyra mid)

I'm seeing a list of three viable and good junglers that are getting buffed, tbh.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I'm on the blue team

We won this game, even though we were triple inhibbed 3 times and lost barons and an elder

People can throw literally anything!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

My all-time favorite throw is still the time when my team was down, like, 6k gold and a couple drakes and the enemy team had just nabbed Baron. I recalled and went to mid to try and push out before they could siege, noticed that three members of our team were hanging around top, and that the enemy team (save their toplaner) was clustered around bot, and so me and the jungler went up top to join them. They decided to base race us with a vastly inferior pushing/objective-destroying comp and we anticlimactically won the game while they were still chipping down our second Nexus turret. Definitely the most bizarre ending of a game I've ever had.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

People can throw literally anything!

Let me guess, the red team had plenty of people who went to dive the people coming from the fountain on multiple occasions instead of autoing the nexus just one more time?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
No they just kept getting aced while trying to hit the nexus

In that picture you can see they've already been aced, Ahri had just gotten a quadra

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also I came back to playing this game and I was playing like decent winrate champs like Wukong and Pantheon top (well not great winrate but you know, at least >50%) and kinda middling around in gold and then I went back to just playing Rumble even though he's in the winrate dumpster and now I'm climbing again pretty fast so maybe I guess just I should just play whatever I'm comfortable with

But if they want to give Rumble some buffs or a good keystone that'd be fine!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Glad my girl Lux got some nice buffs; I think the last time they touched her was around the same time last season. E being mildly harder to hit and a little less effective at zone control is a small price to pay for an incredibly smooth W that isn't as punishing if you whiff the first hit, a 10 second CD Light Binding at rank 1 (!), and even a little bit of extra dueling power with the bonus attack speed.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Wait did those go through?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

curiousCat posted:

Wait did those go through?

Yep! Here's the 8.9 notes, since I don't think they got linked.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/client-new-features-feedback/kF5ABez8-marksman-and-ad-itemization-changes-coming-to-pbe-shortly

the marksman changes are up

I hope people on the PBE actually test Jhin with Stormrazor because I think Riot completely forgot that he exists when they made this item

B.F. Sword + Pickaxe + Dagger + 925 gold (3400 total)
+65 Attack Damage
+25% Attack Speed
UNIQUE Passive: If you haven't attacked in the last 2.5 seconds, your next basic attack will critically strike.
UNIQUE Passive: When you critically strike, gain 25% attack speed and 8% movement speed for 1.5 seconds.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'm already looking at it and I think the new dream Jhin Build is 2 Zeal Items of your preference, IE, Lifesteal of some sort, Stormrazor and the one that gives a big damage boost when you ult. You will run fast, deal big true damage crits with every attack and die immediately to a stiff breeze.

Who needs shoes when you run fast naturally.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Uh new IE looks amazing on Trynd. It's basically 35 crit and the true damage passive.

Essence Reaver looks underwhelming though.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Firebert posted:

https://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/client-new-features-feedback/kF5ABez8-marksman-and-ad-itemization-changes-coming-to-pbe-shortly

the marksman changes are up

I hope people on the PBE actually test Jhin with Stormrazor because I think Riot completely forgot that he exists when they made this item

B.F. Sword + Pickaxe + Dagger + 925 gold (3400 total)
+65 Attack Damage
+25% Attack Speed
UNIQUE Passive: If you haven't attacked in the last 2.5 seconds, your next basic attack will critically strike.
UNIQUE Passive: When you critically strike, gain 25% attack speed and 8% movement speed for 1.5 seconds.

I don't think Jhin is the best user of this item. His fourth shot crit is going to completely waste the second passive, since he's reloading, and the attack speed (while converted into AD) isn't going to be as good as on people that actually want the AS.

Looks like a Twitch/Vayne item to me.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

kingcobweb posted:

I don't think Jhin is the best user of this item. His fourth shot crit is going to completely waste the second passive, since he's reloading, and the attack speed (while converted into AD) isn't going to be as good as on people that actually want the AS.

Looks like a Twitch/Vayne item to me.

It lets him run away faster after the fourth shot, as the MS bonuses will stack, more importantly it guarantess his first shot will also be a crit, which is huge for Jhin.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Lord_Magmar posted:

It lets him run away faster after the fourth shot, as the MS bonuses will stack, more importantly it guarantess his first shot will also be a crit, which is huge for Jhin.

And he can still pop a dancing grenade after his fourth shot for extra damage if needed. But it's definitely more about the critical first shot because that + firecannon range = broken poke.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Pretty disappointed with the Essence Reaver effect. Trying to think who would be good users of something like that. Kai'sa? Vayne?

It's going to be poo poo on Lucian which of course means another item that Lucian potentially likes is made to be the worst synergy with him possible, lmao

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I know two data points isn't a firm trend, but between this and Conqueror there seems to be someone who thinks putting true damage conversion on things is the new hotness, and it mystifies me.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

JerryLee posted:

I know two data points isn't a firm trend, but between this and Conqueror there seems to be someone who thinks putting true damage conversion on things is the new hotness, and it mystifies me.

They're exploring ways to phase out crit. It comes up every once in a while in dev chats that they'd like RNG to matter less on things you don't have time to plan around, which is why dragon types are known before they spawn and I guess why scuttles spawn location will be broadcast early.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Monathin posted:

Pretty disappointed with the Essence Reaver effect. Trying to think who would be good users of something like that. Kai'sa? Vayne?

It's going to be poo poo on Lucian which of course means another item that Lucian potentially likes is made to be the worst synergy with him possible, lmao

Various ad junglers will love it though. Kha'zix could put in some work with it for example.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
New Infinity Edge seems insane on Jhin. Can't wait for my ultimate's fourth shot to vaporize people.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That's already the experience with the 1700 AD rageblade bullshit. Luckily that's fixed in the upcoming patch.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

JerryLee posted:

What's mystifying about it? It serves a clear purpose in both cases: a way of increasing individual damage against defense-stacking characters that's more immediately readable (in that you can see from damage popups how much true damage is being dealt to you) than the usual ArPen/MPen route.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/FroggenLoL/status/991642180174405632

lmao

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Is that a bug or intentional?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DaStampede posted:

Is that a bug or intentional?

Bug. It appears to only happen if you press E again while it's in flight.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ahh thanks RNG Jesus.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Ulio posted:

Ahh thanks RNG Jesus.

Is that from a regular hextech chest?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Not sure because it didn't ask for any orange essence.

E: I don't remember buying any hextech stuff so must be regular I guess?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ulio posted:

Not sure because it didn't ask for any orange essence.

E: I don't remember buying any hextech stuff so must be regular I guess?

all of the 1800+ rp skins unlock without needing to use orange essence as of a few patches ago

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ulio posted:

Ahh thanks RNG Jesus.

That skin looks really bad though

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Essence Reaver

New build path: B.F. Sword + Caulfield’s Warhammer + 800 gold (3200 total)
Cooldown Reduction :: 10% >>> 20%
[REM] No longer grants critical strike chance
[REM] No longer grants additional cooldown reduction based on critical strike chance.
Mana refund reworked: Now grants 1% of missing mana on hit.
[NEW] UNIQUE Passive: For 8 seconds after your ultimate, gain 30% attack speed, and basic attacks refund 20% of your remaining non-ultimate cooldowns (30 second cooldown).

So, does this straight up break lucian?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Lucian doesn't like leading with his ultimate imho and it's really going to depend on if it's coded to be used on Cast or on Channel End, because if it's part of the cast then you eat up nearly half the time firing off Culling (which doesn't scale with attack speed anymore)

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

straight up break yi

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Seems good for ezreal since he can already open with ult to stack passive and it's ok?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Essence Reaver

[REM] No longer grants additional cooldown reduction based on critical strike chance.
[NEW] UNIQUE Passive: For 8 seconds after your ultimate, gain 30% attack speed, and basic attacks refund 20% of your remaining non-ultimate cooldowns (30 second cooldown).

Miss Fortune like

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Ulio posted:

Ahh thanks RNG Jesus.

Yeah, Kai'sa was Riot's problem, clearly.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

curiousCat posted:

Miss Fortune like

I don't think MF cares too much about that one besides CDR? The really money pick for her is stormrazor, especially if they make her first Q hit not consume the crit without doing anything.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Kiranamos posted:

Yeah, Kai'sa was Riot's problem, clearly.

I mean, I think it's okay for one or two female champions to have "flamboyant character who enjoys flaunting their physical assets" as a gimmick. It's something that's been written into Miss Fortune as part of her persona from the beginning, and it's not entirely out of character for a rakish quasi-pirate bounty hunter. The problem is when female characters' models and/or splashes are made to accentuate T&A even when it has nothing to do with the backstory, let alone when it actively doesn't make sense in light of the premise (viz. Kai'sa).

e: I am of course assuming that you are looking at GGMF's massive cleavage there and are alluding to the Kai'sa boobsuit controversy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Essence Reaver

AD Zoe, clearly.

Also LeBlanc and Diana

Edit: corki??? kog??? :stonk: