Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wheeee posted:

if we're going to live in a lovely cyberpunk dystopia wherein humanitys first steps out into the cosmos are made by a piece of poo poo dotcom billionaire bezos at least is a lot more intelligent than musk

what makes you think this

serious question

I don't know anything about bezos aside from he used to sell books and now injects testosterone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

what makes you think this

serious question

I don't know anything about bezos aside from he used to sell books and now injects testosterone

he didnt gently caress up the company he was in charge of so bad that his shareholders outed him

i do think musk is way better at the hustle and pr tho.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
wait musk is gay? huh.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what happened to richard bransons vanity rocket company

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

musk is a venture capitalist with a gimmick

bezos is actually dangerous

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

HEY NONG MAN posted:

wait musk is gay? huh.

no they fired him as ceo because he was garbage at it

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
uber elevate marketing is hellish

quote:

Every day, millions of hours are wasted on the road worldwide. Last year, the average San Francisco resident spent 230 hours commuting between work and home1—that’s half a million hours of productivity lost every single day. In Los Angeles and Sydney, residents spend seven1 whole working weeks each year commuting, two of which are wasted unproductively stuck in gridlock2. In many global megacities, the problem is more severe: the average commute in Mumbai3 exceeds a staggering 90 minutes. For all of us, that’s less time at work growing our economies, more money spent on fuel—and a marked increase in our stress levels: a study in the American Journal of Preventative Medicine , for example, found that those who commute more than 10 miles were at increased odds of elevated blood pressure4.

On - demand aviation , has the potential to radically improve urban mobility, giving people back time lost in their daily commutes. Uber is close to the commute pain that citizens in cities around the world feel. We view helping to solve this problem as core to our mission and our commitment to our rider base. Just as skyscrapers allowed cities to use limited land more efficiently, urban air transportation will use three-dimensional airspace to alleviate transportation congestion on the ground. A network of small, electric aircraft that take off and land vertically (called VTOL aircraft for Vertical Take - off and Landing , and pronounced vee - tol ), will enable rapid, reliable transportation between suburbs and cities and, ultimately, within cities.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wheeee posted:

musk is a venture capitalist with a gimmick

bezos is actually dangerous

elon musk looks like a bad 3d print of keanu reeves & elen degeneris

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Orkin Mang posted:

elon musk looks like a bad 3d print of keanu reeves & elen degeneris

lol

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

there is no future tense in english

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

robot etiquette and swiping and digital stalking

it's romance 2020, baby

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

who tf yells at their siri or w/e

its just a voice recognition system it doesnt actually understand you

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Shear Modulus posted:

what happened to richard bransons vanity rocket company

Their fancy plane crashed and killed the pilot, iirc

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"It’s as if missing housewives are being replaced with more servile smart-home wives, reinforcing the cultural connection between “women” and “subservience” to boot."

Zokari posted:

no you see it has feelings, it's not a digital program that responds to a very specific sequence of vibrational input and executes according routines when triggered

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

no you see it has feelings, it's not a digital program that responds to a very specific sequence of vibrational input and executes according routines when triggered

:same:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

HorrificExistence posted:

uber elevate marketing is hellish

ahahahahahahaha

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

think of it more along the lines of the restaurant server test, which of course isnt a perfect comparison, but if someone gets legit angry and yells at their phone or whatever when it doesnt understand them, how do you thonk theyll handle real difficulties in communication?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wheeee posted:

think of it more along the lines of the restaurant server test, which of course isnt a perfect comparison, but if someone gets legit angry and yells at their phone or whatever when it doesnt understand them, how do you thonk theyll handle real difficulties in communication?

if you read the article, it's not even about screaming at your server or anything like that which yeah is a very telling bad trait for a person to have, it's just simply being brusque with voice recorders

because

you know

it barely qualifies as even a robot

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
i would take someone losing their temper at an inanimate object as a definite red flag

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Zokari posted:

yelling at a robot that represents the apple corporation? why would anyone take pleasure in thsi

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Gum posted:

i would take someone losing their temper at an inanimate object as a definite red flag

Ding ding ding.

But also seriously gently caress badly parked cars

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I found how our economy is going to collapse

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/991815104265183233?s=19

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Gum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PN6xemdjik

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

hedging my bets on a worker strike at a privately-owned power plant due to salaries being tied to and then transferred over to payments in cryptocurrency

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I'd like like "lol Goldman welcome to jumping the shark" but tbh, this is probably a cynical fleece the Muppets play. If anyone could steal from Bitcoin idiots bigly without exploding themselves from touching the poop it's probably them.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

mrmcd posted:

but tbh, this is probably a cynical fleece the Muppets play

no way. you really think wall st. would do that? just build a financial instrument to fleece morons???

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

they were probably into crypto when it was only good for ak-47s, drugs and thai sex slaves

just finally getting around to hanging the shingle

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

jfood posted:

they were probably into crypto when it was only good for ak-47s, drugs and thai sex slaves

just finally getting around to hanging the shingle

they absolutely were and i remember reading about wall st. guys getting into bitcoin back in like- 2013. explicitly because they could utilize all the cool tricks they learned in finance school that were illegal

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

heh these morons who blew up the world economy and not only got away with it but walked away even richer are totally gonna get screwed by bitcoin

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/05/03/starcity-adult-dorm-tenderloin-waiting-list-grows/

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
what the gently caress I thought crypto was dead

It definitely dropped out of the news when it crashed at least

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://video-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v...884&oe=5AEC3901

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

thinking about what this might do to advertising on our streets makes me want to put my eyes out

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Former DILF posted:

thinking about what this might do to advertising on our streets makes me want to put my eyes out

basically bladerunner poo poo

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I cant see it being that useful imo - the energy costs have to be pretty high, and if one of those stupid arms break, it might kill someone

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

basically bladerunner poo poo
My first thought as well.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rudatron posted:

I cant see it being that useful imo - the energy costs have to be pretty high, and if one of those stupid arms break, it might kill someone

if theres one thing capitalisms good at its making worthless chintzy poo poo like that cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

logikv9 posted:

what the gently caress I thought crypto was dead

It definitely dropped out of the news when it crashed at least

lol welcome to crypto. it will never die