Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

chitoryu12 posted:

Is this Loss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

pidan posted:

I've never heard of Catholic hospitals refusing C-Sections. But Catholic hospitals are very (unreasonably) eager not to "kill a baby", so they will refuse to remove the fetus if it's dying / unable to survive outside the womb but not technically dead yet.

So if you'd like to avoid dying of sepsis while your doomed fetus pumps out its last feeble heartbeats, give birth somewhere else.

That was exactly what happened in Ireland a few years ago. The doctors claimed that there was no influence of Catholic doctrine on their decision, but... It's Ireland, they're more Catholic than the Vatican.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
I hate you guys.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brewmaster posted:

I hate you guys.

lol

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

For those of you that have GGB on ignore or just don't click his links -- this is genuinely funny.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Trabant posted:

For those of you that have GGB on ignore or just don't click his links -- this is genuinely funny.

At about the 1:00 mark the dude is desperately looking for any out to save face but is so embarrassed that he's too afraid to take any of them. It's perfection. :allears:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

What does the sign say?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
also at the very end he briefly glances at another trash can he passes by as if to think, "Maybe I should throw it in this one, the one they weren't taunting me to toss it into? nah better get out of here"

edit:

Fartbox posted:

What does the sign say?
NO!
In the Name of
Humanity, We
REFUSE to Accept
a Fascist America
RefuseFascism.org

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 15:53 on May 2, 2018

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Randaconda posted:

what the hell is wrong with you the new AUG thread is thataway

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

also at the very end he briefly glances at another trash can he passes by as if to think, "Maybe I should throw it in this one, the one they weren't taunting me to toss it into? nah better get out of here"

No, that was while someone off-camera was mocking him and flat-out telling him to use that other trash can. :allears:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, that was while someone off-camera was mocking him and flat-out telling him to use that other trash can. :allears:

oh man that makes it even better, apparently anyone can suggest anything to that dipshit and he'll at least consider it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

oh man that makes it even better, apparently anyone can suggest anything to that dipshit and he'll at least consider it

And then reject it because that would be letting the liberals win.

Like you can see the wheels slowly, agonizingly turning in his brain as he tries to find a way to save face before he just gives up and runs away.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I like when he lifts the garbage lid at their suggestion but then realizes his "mistake" lol

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh my God.

https://twitter.com/fxshea62/status/991663514904354816

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Of course, Ol' George got proven wrong when Titanic's record breaking $2 billion worldwide box office gross was beaten by ......... Avatar.

James Cameron wins again!

I kinda wish that they never revised Avatar and kept the sex scene where Avatar guy and cat lady get it on by docking their ponytail dinguses, thus implying that the Na'vi just spend all their time loving the various beasts of the forest.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I kinda wish that they never revised Avatar and kept the sex scene where Avatar guy and cat lady get it on by docking their ponytail dinguses, thus implying that the Na'vi just spend all their time loving the various beasts of the forest.

dat post and AV combo

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Boop.

That's the sound that played in my head when I spotted the tiny unit.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

this was clearly the case in the theatrical cut anyway

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

You mean you're not meant to subdue lions tigers and bears by loving them?

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Ak Gara posted:

You mean you're not meant to subdue lions tigers and bears by loving them?

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/jBd5eVa

hhhat has a new favorite as of 17:49 on May 2, 2018

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Bored posted:

Boop.

That's the sound that played in my head when I spotted the tiny unit.

Are you a fan of Stephen Chow?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

NO!
In the Name of
Humanity, We
REFUSE to Accept
a Fascist America
RefuseFascism.org

“A non-fascist America? Not on my watch!”

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i;m thinking about thos Tears

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Scratch Monkey posted:

“A non-fascist America? Not on my watch!”

For real. Some people hate progressives so much that they'll stump for literal fascism to spite them.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Bluejeans posted:

For real. Some people hate progressives so much that they'll stump for literal fascism to spite them.

I think they're just literal fascists

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Gorilla Salad posted:

I had no idea what this was about, so I made the mistake of googling it.

How did they not cast Christina Ricci to play Robot Christina Ricci?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

she would have to agree to it....

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

The Bloop posted:

she would have to agree to it....

:aaaaa:

I knew i was missing an important step.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
“Apocalypse Now” reboot looking good:

Rascar Capac has a new favorite as of 20:47 on May 2, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jaffa warriors are on spring break already?

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Robert Rodriguez is the director and his movies is full of latinas and latinos but especially the leads.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

Robert Rodriguez is the director and his movies is full of latinas and latinos but especially the leads.

It's funny to read this as a European because "Christina Ricci" sounds much more latin than "Roberto Rodriguez"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's funny to read this as a European because "Christina Ricci" sounds much more latin than "Roberto Rodriguez"

latin and latino are different things

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

you guys can't get anything right

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Samuringa posted:

latin and latino are different things

Latino and hispano are different things.

Latino american means people in America speaking a latin language, like Spanish, Portuguese or Italian.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Latino american means people in America speaking a latin language, like Spanish, Portuguese or Italian.

:wrong:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Hence why I said "as a European". According to your link even French speaking people where covered by the term, in an effort to fight "Anglo-Americans"

Also

quote:

In Spanish, as used in Spain, the usage of latino is frequently not correlative to its primary usage in the United States. According to the Real Academia Española, the primary use of latino in Spanish is to refer to the people of the Lazio (Latium) region of Italy.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 00:08 on May 3, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You didn't say "as a European."

:doh: You sure did. Never mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless