Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I figured they'd have to give you something good the first week otherwise no one would resub it. Not sure if I'll do so myself if I got lucky with those rank ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The rest of those rank up tickets were from the event, not the stark box.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

I got a week of that new stark box thing to try. First 3-4 were piddly amounts of gold. Yesterday I got 200 energy. Today I got a 6* rank up or so I thought. Went right to Titania and bumped her from 5 to 6 for her leadership. Then I checked my inventory and I had 2, 3, 4 and 5 star rank ups I didn't have yesterday. Whoops. Took Ironheart up to 5 since she and kid kaiju are my last two premiums and he might get this week's mega 6.

I think that was an admin gift. I got 2-3-4-5 tickets one day in the last week but no 6. So you probably got the 6 from the Stark Box and the rest as an admin gift you just didn't notice.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My only thing is I'll close out the app like clear it before I sleep and then I get these notifications that are like 15-20 mins old when I wake up and I log in and there is nothing. I'll check my inventory and it ain't there.

drat!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Ah good deal, makes sense.

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Which alliance has an open spot and is paying attention to applications?

Doctor Goons has open spots, just post your in game name.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Trapper John posted:

Doctor Goons has open spots, just post your in game name.

Applied as chelatek

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Applied to Doctor Goons as dimercurio, I seem to be playing this again.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I need to use my free T2 ticket before it expires, because of course I can't save it like old tickets, and these are my options for the highest tier I don't have

Captain America
Yellowjacket
Moon Knight
Sandman
Mantis
Wiccan
Yondu
Kraven
Robbie Reyes

Who should I go with? Not even sure when I'd use them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mantis or Robbie Reyes, I'd say. Both are tougher to farm on their own and strong at T2. Moon Knight's alright. Cap is good but he's easy/cheap to farm without a ticket. Sandman's alright but he's cheaper/easier. They say Yellowjacket and Wiccan are but again, cheaper/easier. But Mantis and Robbie are both "unfarmable" and good. Not world killers, but genuinely good.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Who should I go with? Not even sure when I'd use them.

Mantis

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mantis / YJ / Robbie in that order imo. If you don't have a lot of good villains for SL yellowjacket might be the best choice but Mantis is better than him in SL in general -- she can poop on any stage that isn't a huge DPS check without coming close to dying even at T1. Her passive also gives ignore defence which is great until it suddenly becomes useless when you're capped at 50% from cards.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I used my first one on Robbie. Was really un-impressed with him. Very squishy. Didn't do much in the stages I put him on.

Sandman I farmed to T2 and he's great.
Cap is amazing with his new Uniform but he is easy to farm nowadays.

I know nothing about the others.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Agree on Robbie, I don't like him near as much as other people seem to. Mantis is wonderful though, nigh invincible if somewhat low damage. Still does plenty to do any SL stage besides the few ultra hard ones like 27 and 29.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Robbie depends on his rotation to keep him up -- he can stay invincible like 100% of the time. Enemies with iframes themselves can screw up the targetting and drop him out early which is annoying but it's basically just 5-4-3 repeat.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I got drunk and I don't know what I used my premium box on...

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

Robbie depends on his rotation to keep him up -- he can stay invincible like 100% of the time. Enemies with iframes themselves can screw up the targetting and drop him out early which is annoying but it's basically just 5-4-3 repeat.

Yeah, a rotation that includes 100% iframe uptime, also one of them gives him shield against x hits even if you do screw up somehow

Also his lead is +40% ignore dodge so depending on how kitted he is (dps is a bit low compared to meta) he's a really good fit for any of the mid to high SL high dodge floors

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I just want to confirm since I probably did something stupid: the owned hero bonus in Co-Op only goes up to Stage 6 currently? Or is the number needed for stage 7 different from the other levels?

I noticed I was close to 150 chars at 4/40 and spent the last week grinding gold and upgrading a bunch of the native T2s, hoping to get to Stage 7 and now I'm thinking I probably just wasted a bunch of time and resources (and a mega-6 used on Hyperion)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Returning player coming back that never really got too far into things last time.

Boy, there's a lot of new characters and added things to the game. :stare:

Any tips on who I should prioritize on getting leveled up and maxed out? I've got a T2 Sharon Rogers with a level two uniform, and other than that...

...not really much else. :v:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dexie posted:

Any tips on who I should prioritize on getting leveled up and maxed out? I've got a T2 Sharon Rogers with a level two uniform, and other than that...

...not really much else. :v:

Of those people...

Strange obviously but that's a different thing. Elsa's probably the best of them and you can get her through Chaos Tokens. Widow's solid and very good/great with the new costume and easy/cheap. Mordo and Kaecilus are both pretty good. Songbird's supposed to be good but I don't have her up.

So...
Farm Black Widow in your story missions. And probably buy her new uniform when its on sale.
Farm Songbird in your Special Missions.
Do Villain Siege each day and use your Chaos Tokens on Elsa.
Keep doing the Strange Epic Quest. You'll have to get Mordo and Kaecilus to 5* so just keep on Mordo for now. Then you'll probably have to go to Wong? I forget. But you'll need Ancient One first, I think. Reserve any tickets or Tokens for Hellstorm, Satana, and Clea since you'll need to get them to 5 for Strange's Epic Quest.

Beauty of roster building, you can work on multiple people at the same time as long as you focus on them with each unique farming option.

thechalkoutline posted:

Yeah, a rotation that includes 100% iframe uptime, also one of them gives him shield against x hits even if you do screw up somehow

Also his lead is +40% ignore dodge so depending on how kitted he is (dps is a bit low compared to meta) he's a really good fit for any of the mid to high SL high dodge floors

Yeah, Robbie's kinda squishy if he gets hit but if you practice his rotation he shouldn't get hit. Hit 5 and when you see the second car hit 4, then as soon as you see that car if your 5 hasn't reset hit 3. You should be untouchable if you time it right. If you get Guard Broke or Stunned/Snared you can get killed but you can use obelisks to prevent that. He's not a world killer but he a good 2nd or 3rd tier fighter.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

I just want to confirm since I probably did something stupid: the owned hero bonus in Co-Op only goes up to Stage 6 currently? Or is the number needed for stage 7 different from the other levels?

I noticed I was close to 150 chars at 4/40 and spent the last week grinding gold and upgrading a bunch of the native T2s, hoping to get to Stage 7 and now I'm thinking I probably just wasted a bunch of time and resources (and a mega-6 used on Hyperion)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect you're confusing two different rewards? The Stages do max out at six, and you can see all their tiers by holding the ? icon by the words Stage 6. I believe these just increase the amount of the awards? Been so long.

The rewards in the center are based on your VIP level, and after 6 you need VIP 12 and 14 or some poo poo (real numbers may vary) to unlock the last two slots.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Stage 6 is the top and it gets you bigger rewards. So like you get half a million in gold at Stage 6 and like 100K at Stage 1 or something. But yeah, you need to buy a poo poo load of crystals to increase your VIP to open up more slots.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
The stage numbers are based on the number of 4*, lvl 40+ characters you have and it seems stage 6 is unlocked at 101 characters, so I would have hit stage 7 (if it existed) a long time ago. Oh well!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I have my Mega Mythic costume token and 2 regular Mythic costume tokens.

I've got Legendary Superior Spider-Man
Heroic AoU Ultron Mark 3
Advanced Ultron Prime, AoU Thor, AoU Cap
Normal IW Cap, IW Thor, IW Thanos, IW Bucky, AoU Hawkeye-Vision-Ultron Mk1 - BlackWidow- Iron Man, Baby Groot.

Just noticed the new costume sale has started up again for another 6 days. I'm almost halfway to the new Panther outfit. Or I could buy Dr. Strange or Sharon Rogers or Elsa. Save a little more for Shuri. And a part of me wants that alternate Moon Knight outfit.

I've got Iron Man, Thor, and now Spidey at 6*, Groot will be coming in a couple weeks.

I feel like Thanos deserves the Mega Mythic, but not sure.

Also... so there's NO way to shortcut leveling up Wanda, right? That's the last task before unlocking Apocalypse, debating skipping it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

I feel like Thanos deserves the Mega Mythic, but not sure.

Costume tickets don't work on native t2s.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Cinara posted:

Costume tickets don't work on native t2s.

Dangit, I don't know why I keep forgetting that. It's super annoying.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Save the costume ticket for one of the Legendary Battle prizes. Ragnarok Thor, Loki, Hulk, Hela. BP, Shuri, or Killmonger. The Infinity War ones look lame but the Extreme Battle might give out better prizes. But you can get good cards and CTPs with the rest.

If it's burning a hole in your pocket then I'd say use it on a character who's bios are hard to get. I used my First Clear Shadowland tickets to get Vultures costume up since it would have taken forever to farm his bios. But if I had it to do over I would have skipped that and just used them on the Legendary Battle costumes. And you gotta assume the Battles will continue with each movie.

Wanda and Apocalypse are good but Quicksilver and Cable are the real prizes. You can put the other two on the back burner if you like. Apocalypse is good if you want someone for ABX Combat Villain. I could never get Carnage to do much there. Apocalypse aces it. So he's basically worth 1 6* iso a week.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 3, 2018

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I just got mine on Killmonger but I can't decide who to put the CTP of Energy on. I could put it on Cable, but he has to wait til Jean gets 6* before I finish working on him. Who else works well with that particular CTP?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have mine on Cable and Quicksilver. No regrets.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

What's the best/fastest way to grind for Norn Stones? Particularly Strength and Omnipotence?

STAC Goat posted:

Of those people...

Strange obviously but that's a different thing. Elsa's probably the best of them and you can get her through Chaos Tokens. Widow's solid and very good/great with the new costume and easy/cheap. Mordo and Kaecilus are both pretty good. Songbird's supposed to be good but I don't have her up.

So...
Farm Black Widow in your story missions. And probably buy her new uniform when its on sale.
Farm Songbird in your Special Missions.
Do Villain Siege each day and use your Chaos Tokens on Elsa.
Keep doing the Strange Epic Quest. You'll have to get Mordo and Kaecilus to 5* so just keep on Mordo for now. Then you'll probably have to go to Wong? I forget. But you'll need Ancient One first, I think. Reserve any tickets or Tokens for Hellstorm, Satana, and Clea since you'll need to get them to 5 for Strange's Epic Quest.

Beauty of roster building, you can work on multiple people at the same time as long as you focus on them with each unique farming option.

Gotcha. Widow/Elsa/Songbird should be pretty easy for now. Thanks!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I just fully ranked up Songbird after like maybe 2 weeks of her Special Mission.

Got another premium chest! I guess I mixed up the selector and the chests last night but i still don't know who it picked out the bod last night!

gently caress!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dexie posted:

What's the best/fastest way to grind for Norn Stones? Particularly Strength and Omnipotence?

The best way to collect stones is far and away doing lots of World Boss Invasion. Problem is it's a crapshoot what you get. If you do enough you'll still get what you want quicker than grinding story missions in the bigger picture. But if you just want one kind of stone fast the only real option is to grind away on story missions that give them.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Ugh. I知 stuck on both epic quests needing a ton of stones, and it feels like I値l never have enough.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Dexie posted:

Ugh. I知 stuck on both epic quests needing a ton of stones, and it feels like I値l never have enough.

Us longtime players have literally an infinite supply, I have 33k minimum and 44k on the upper end of everything so just hang in there, it always goes up

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dexie posted:

You should really just focus on one of them. If you're trying to do both you're always going to be dividing your resources. If you focus on one it helps you get a bunch of characters who will help you collect more resources for the second. I always suggest Wolverine over Strange just because I think its easier to building the X-Men than it is the Strange people, and they're all really strong T2 characters.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
Just wanted to chip in and say the Corvus costume is a lot more amazing than I thought. It's a huge upgrade and I would recommend making the plunge if you are on the fence about it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Any more about it?

These Infinity War costumes are gonna drain me, and round 2 isn't even here yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We don't ACTUALLY know there's a round 2. I mean there could be. Hulkbuster, Hulk, Falcon, Black Dwarf, Ebony, Vision, Wanda, probably someone I'm forgetting. They have the numbers. But I don't remember them actually announcing anything.

But yeah, it seems like pretty much every costume is a winning buy but its gonna take forever to get enough crystals. And I'll never get Emma Frost at this pace.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
There was a picture posted on Reddit that is an extension of the current splash art that showed more heroes in costumes. Considering that the assets are already made for starlord and Wanda Sykes, it would be dumb of them not to monetize them in another part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh yeah, the Guardians. I knew i was forgetting someone.