Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

FFG posted:

The plastic ships from the Aces expansions (Imperial Aces, Rebel Aces, Imperial Veterans, etc.) will not be re-released in the game’s second edition. Some of the cards from these expansions will enter X-Wing Second Edition through the conversion kits, but the alternate painted plastic ships themselves will not be reprinted in the game’s second edition. 

Get your alt scheme ships while 1.0 supplies last!

FFG posted:

Furthermore, the Slave I will no longer be a part of the Imperial faction. Instead, the Slave I will be exclusive to the Scum and Villainy faction in X-Wing Second Edition.

Haha literally no one ever played Empire Slave I anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Imperial Kath was hilarious and I won't hear anyone say otherwise.

(Overcosted by AT LEAST five points, but hilarious)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So is the Scurrg also Scum only in 2.0? I noticed there's no conversion for it in the Rebel kit.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

AndyElusive posted:

So is the Scurrg also Scum only in 2.0? I noticed there's no conversion for it in the Rebel kit.

Looks that way! Unless somehow he's a Resistance pilot now.

No more Rebel Nym!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

ConfusedUs posted:

Just a heads up, the conversion kit information (no details, just number of ships supported per kit (counted by number of maneuver dials per ship)) is back up over at FFG's site.

Expand the FAQ section here.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

And there are some minor changes over the early, brief appearance of this list. For example, now there are only 2 decimator dials listed instead of 3. Three deci dials were a prime complaint of the angry faction, since (today, at least), there was literally no way to fit three in a list.

I'm not sure what else changed.

Imp:
Alpha Class Star Wing - now 3 instead of 2
TIE Aggressor - 3 instead of none
Decimator - now 2 instead of 3.

Rebel:
ARC-170 - now 2 instead of 3

Scum:
Seems unchanged.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The only ship from my current collection that I can see being an issue with the conversion is the X-Wing. Will end up with 5 models but only 4 with 2.0 dials/cards assuming I get the core set and the fix pack. And I can't see spare X-Wings being much of a thing.

But 5 X-Wings might not even be an option in 2.0 so I guess we'll just wait and see.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I just noticed that Luke’s pilot card has the x-wing at 4 hull now.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Icon Of Sin posted:

I just noticed that Luke’s pilot card has the x-wing at 4 hull now.

Yeah, but there's been no sign of Integrated Astromech, so it looks like that's gone for the extra hull.

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

Oh wow. It just dawned on me that the E-wing may now be a thing...that was the first ship expansion I bought because I thought it looked cool... Super excited for that.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

ro5s posted:

Yeah, but there's been no sign of Integrated Astromech, so it looks like that's gone for the extra hull.
It looks like a lot of the "no-brainer" upgrades have been integrated into the ships themselves. It's an interesting way to do things.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
New Thread!

Time for the best of homebrew from the last thread
This guys broken rear end Jamming beam

Then his attempt at a "fix"

How about this poo poo, where the guy deliberately mispelled SiegeBreaker because he thought it looked cooler

Who loves a TIE SCOUT? No-one?

Fuckin' Prequel ships part 1

Fuckin' Prequel Ships part 2

Fuckin' prequel ships part 3

TIE interceptors didn't need a buff when this was made. But why does that stop them?

Ha ha is this someone HOTAC masturbation fantasy?

Some are just all broken tho

Even FFG posters went "3 regen a turn is OP" and the poster went NOPE

That Tyber Zahn ability lol

I am running out of sacarsm here

It has a missile slot, a title that gives it a second missile and a special missile that requires long range scanners, but doesn't have either target lock action, or the torp slot for long range scanners Also LOL at the cost of that special missile.

I think you should all read Confused Us' take on this Here

Even I think this is overdoing it on Luke

Broken Crew anyone

Someone stole my gimmick

Fuckin' Vong
God I hate homebrewers

The Absolute Motherload, from people who hate "pirates"

Pick and choose your worst

It's the casual creepy misogyny of this one

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

CODChimera posted:

The only ship from my current collection that I can see being an issue with the conversion is the X-Wing. Will end up with 5 models but only 4 with 2.0 dials/cards assuming I get the core set and the fix pack. And I can't see spare X-Wings being much of a thing.

But 5 X-Wings might not even be an option in 2.0 so I guess we'll just wait and see.

Saw's Renegades is 2.0 compatible, remember.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

So, we know that there will be 5 factions in this game very shortly (because resistance/FO are being spun out).
To me, that opens up two interesting possibilities:
1. Cross faction ship sharing. We already have this with rebel/scum overlap, but I expect we'll see it with Rebel/Resistance ships and Imperial/FO ships too. And with the points/upgrades behind the app, they can provide dynamic costing/balancing for ships crossing factions. I like that.
2. Clone/separatist faction possibilities. The prequels don't hold a special place in my heart, but some of the ships are cool looking.

Hey you're right. Dynamic balancing to allow for faction context is a super neat idea. And I'd also not really mind seeing prequel content. I own an ARC 170 because it was in the prequels. TBH I'm still kind of surprised FFG went to 2.0 before dipping into prequels - with every stretched EU nonsense Wave released I was sure they'd be forced to do Republic and Separatist material.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
No one likes the prequels.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

enigmahfc posted:

No one likes the prequels.

I like the prequels.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They're better than their reputation, but that isn't saying much.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

When someone asked me about my opinion of the ranking of the six star wars movies prior to TFA, I said:
ESB
ANH
ROTJ
Ewok 2
Holiday Special
Ewok 1

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

So from what I'm understanding all the old upgrade cards are now basically useless because they completely revamped everything and right now models are the only thing really carrying over?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yep. Templates and plastic bases too. That’s about it.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wapole Languray posted:

So from what I'm understanding all the old upgrade cards are now basically useless because they completely revamped everything and right now models are the only thing really carrying over?

The original-trilogy models, plastic bases, pegs, dice. Everything else is new.

The sequels ships (First Order/Poe era stuff) will come later, but for now it has no analogue in 2.0.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Saw's Renegades is 2.0 compatible, remember.

Yeah that's including the 2.0 X-Wing stuff from there. 1 there, 1 in the new core set and 2 in the conversion set.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That reminds me I better sell Palp before it's too late (if it's not already).

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The prequels were bad but the ships were rad. :colbert:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The prequels flirted with greatness, but fell short while, figuratively, that greatness was within sight of the audience.

That was their greatest sin.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The prequels were...movies. About 7 1/2 hours worth of movies. That's about it.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wanna spacefight in a podracer.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Huxley posted:

There are bad to sub par homebrews for that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

There were good ideas in the prequels that could have been great with a competent writer and director. Lucas was far below that point by then.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Huxley posted:

Action: Spinning. Try spinning. It’s a good trick.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The prequels were bad but the ships were rad. :colbert:

The ships and vehicle designs are probably the only good things in the prequels.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

TheCenturion posted:

Action: Spinning. Try spinning. It’s a good trick.

Action: Shout ‘Wahoo!’, then discard 2 dignity tokens...

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

enigmahfc posted:

The prequels were...movies.

[citation needed]

Some of the art design was pretty good though.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Obama 2012 posted:

Action: Shout ‘Wahoo!’, then discard 2 dignity tokens...

Can I get these in acrylic?

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Lol at the good old "x1" postfix.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Cobaltshift posted:

Oh wow. It just dawned on me that the E-wing may now be a thing...that was the first ship expansion I bought because I thought it looked cool... Super excited for that.

Really curious to see if it's just a price change, or if it gets (finally) a Defender-style ship ability or modification fix.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/274933-new-information-from-live-stream-today/

No tlt or harpoons gently caress YES

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

The ships and vehicle designs are probably the only good things in the prequels.

I judge all the films on ship and vehicle designs alone.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

This deal keeps getting better and better all the time! I hope they alter the deal further!

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Wave 2 and beyond will include new upgrades and cards but some of the stuff in the conversion packs will be in them.

Sure, nobody expected the A-wing 2.0 expansion to include ONLY the cards from the conversion kit.

quote:

BUT, there will be upgrade sets for the rereleased ships for existing players so you don't need to buy the new ship.

Wait, so that A-wing 2.0 will also ship with an A-wing ONLY conversion kit? What would be in that thing? Just the material from the conversion kit? That plus the 2.0 expansion? Something else entirely?

quote:

They haven't come out with any details but they mentioned the possibility to have stuff packed together for the wave in a conversion pack/new ship cards + token pack.

So a third, wave-specific conversion kit??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Smaller wave-specific update kits could actually work interestingly. Finding the right price point where they're still profitable is going to be tough though.