Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Canuckistan posted:

I have yet to find a goon team good enough to carry my rear end to a chicken dinner this season. Cmon goons git gud.

Play solo and carry yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Goons are bad but somehow managed to kill shroud and Chad last night by playing like complete idiots. Three phase proned in the middle of the road and sniped at Chad with a 4x silenced UMP and Chaco was unable to find and kill him until it was too late. I think frenzy killed Shroud by sniping with an AK.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

VulgarandStupid posted:

Goons are bad but somehow managed to kill shroud and Chad last night by playing like complete idiots. Three phase proned in the middle of the road and sniped at Chad with a 4x silenced UMP and Chaco was unable to find and kill him until it was too late. I think frenzy killed Shroud by sniping with an AK.

This is amazing. I can imagine the running dialog with Three Phase.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
The best part was chad absolutely losing his mind during the engagement. Shroud also raged out pretty good after dying.

I also killed shroud earlier in the day and he called me a "loving bitch". Not untrue.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

VulgarandStupid posted:

I just watched this and for all its miserable beginning, Choco and Just9n managed to survive and clutch the chicken dinner. Not a bad watch.

Choco's perspective:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/256729311?t=00h22m15s

Edit: vvv Yeah it's real wonky. The inventory lag is spectacular, too.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 2, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I just watched this and for all its miserable beginning, Choco and Just9n managed to survive and clutch the chicken dinner. Not a bad watch.

Choco's perspective:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/256729311?t=00h22m15s

It’s also test server so a lot of people gently caress around, play dumb and there’s no MMR but good on them I guess.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

VulgarandStupid posted:

It’s also test server so a lot of people gently caress around, play dumb and there’s no MMR but good on them I guess.

Also the test servers were complete poo poo last night. Shroud and j9 were literally teleporting and unable to switch scopes or open doors at a normal speed.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's a weird combination, because the average test server player seems far better than on live, but people also care a lot less about the game. I think it's because most of the completely horrible people will never go through the effort of installing the test client.

Also is the issue with teleporting boats fixed yet? Every single time I got in a boat on the test server it could barely even drive forwards without randomly teleporting backwards every few seconds.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Choco's realization that a guy was in the middle of the road using a supressed ump was pretty funny.

"He's just prone...in the middle of the road"

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The muscle car is just so, so loud. If somebody is shooting at you you can't hear it over the engine.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Get on my level goons.

The one time the game randomly put me into an AS server match last season.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

Ayyy improving every season!

Post vids and stuff.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Where in the chaco video is this stuff you guys are talking about? Dude linked to the start of the match

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Elentor posted:

Post vids and stuff.

Play with only good people, drop safe, play the edge. With a 50% win rate that's closer to 3.3 kills per game which isn't unreasonable. I play with people who are mostly terrible(sub 1 K/D) and thus have a sub 10% win rate and still manage a 2.5 or so K/D. If you look at his average game length you can see they are almost always making it to the end of the game. And on op.gg you can see where the kills are happening and they almost never drop in a extremely hot area, in fact often no kills come before the 10 minute mark.

Claiming buildings center circle works very well on Erangel, you just have to be careful about which you pick and make sure you're not rolling up on a squad already camping out.

One thing I find interesting is how low your headshot% is Jerkface, normally you see that closer to 30% on people near the top.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cinara posted:

Play with only good people, drop safe, play the edge. With a 50% win rate that's closer to 3.3 kills per game which isn't unreasonable. I play with people who are mostly terrible(sub 1 K/D) and thus have a sub 10% win rate and still manage a 2.5 or so K/D. If you look at his average game length you can see they are almost always making it to the end of the game. And on op.gg you can see where the kills are happening and they almost never drop in a extremely hot area, in fact often no kills come before the 10 minute mark.

Claiming buildings center circle works very well on Erangel, you just have to be careful about which you pick and make sure you're not rolling up on a squad already camping out.

One thing I find interesting is how low your headshot% is Jerkface, normally you see that closer to 30% on people near the top.

I just want to see videos of Jerkface playing.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Accretionist posted:

Where in the chaco video is this stuff you guys are talking about? Dude linked to the start of the match

He fixed the link, it's 22:15 anyway

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Ehud posted:

You should stream the game and make three dollars!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cmon he’d get more than one sub. at least two.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Accretionist posted:

Here you go https://www.twitch.tv/videos/256729311?t=00h35m40s

e: Chad screaming is p funny

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Accretionist posted:

They run into the goons at exactly 36 minutes

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Groovelord Neato posted:

cmon he’d get more than one sub. at least two.

Hell, I have 9...

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Canuckistan posted:

I have yet to find a goon team good enough to carry my rear end to a chicken dinner this season. Cmon goons git gud.

That's weird, I have 13 chicken dinners this season and a little over half of them came from playing in the goon discord.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Cinara posted:

We exclusively drop north george / yasnaya and will drop to cars and drive in on erangal. Miramar we drop Los Leones or cars and drive in. Usually we dont have people drop right on top of us but nearby and we grab loot and move to shots/clear the city. it is very rare for us to lose off the drop. We drive in to center or a spot we know is good on the circle and hope for rng if its not dead center.

we pretty much never lose to city bullshit i think our usual aw poo poo squad wipe is driving in to a hot area or getting horse poo poo circle rng and having to rotate somewhere crappy.

i cant stream because im very uninteresting to watch play. i would describe myself as "workman like" im a lunch pail pubger. Im not great with the kar which is how a lot of the players with 30% hs rate keep it up so high. in our group i usually have a rifle with 4x or sks. i almost always aim center mass with rifles. the team i play with has me and a very good player as the core and the supporting cast are all above average but cant really come close to us in average damage. the k/d we post is purely off of the win rate, i ignore that tbh.

average damage is the key, the more you are doing = more knocks/kills, more survival, more wins.

i have a youtube.com/jerktube which i upload videos too sometimes but Im serious when i say im workman like, i always go through my shadowplays and see if i have anything good or interesting and its all very unremarkable.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Oh man that was a goon squad? I was watching choco stream, lol.

That match was A+

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Regrettable posted:

That's weird, I have 13 chicken dinners this season and a little over half of them came from playing in the goon discord.

I think my joke isn't resonating with some people. I'm bad and need good people to carry me. I've played with plenty of good goons, but they weren't good enough to compensate for my badness.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Yea this sounds really similar to how my squad plays, right down to dropping North George / Yasnaya almost every game. They tend to have 1 other squad max, and you can always get a gun before you get into a fight so you rarely get wiped early. We tend to drop El Azahar a lot in Miramar, mostly because there's so many vehicle spawns and the loot is solid. Plus if another squad goes there you can just camp the road on the way out and blow up their car.

Actually been in the same game several times in duos, just never ran into you since we were also playing pretty careful and I knew you'd kill us =p

And yea I agree average damage is the main stat. I was actually over 400 for most of this season but a lot of lovely games dropped me down to 350. Though mine sometimes gets padded with Kar98 headshots that my team can't carry through on finishing the rest of the squad.

I am pretty happy with getting 770m kills in both squads/duos this season though, both with the M24. Learning to zero correctly is huge for reliably hitting longer range shots.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

We exclusively drop north george / yasnaya and will drop to cars and drive in on erangal. Miramar we drop Los Leones or cars and drive in. Usually we dont have people drop right on top of us but nearby and we grab loot and move to shots/clear the city. it is very rare for us to lose off the drop. We drive in to center or a spot we know is good on the circle and hope for rng if its not dead center.

we pretty much never lose to city bullshit i think our usual aw poo poo squad wipe is driving in to a hot area or getting horse poo poo circle rng and having to rotate somewhere crappy.

i cant stream because im very uninteresting to watch play. i would describe myself as "workman like" im a lunch pail pubger. Im not great with the kar which is how a lot of the players with 30% hs rate keep it up so high. in our group i usually have a rifle with 4x or sks. i almost always aim center mass with rifles. the team i play with has me and a very good player as the core and the supporting cast are all above average but cant really come close to us in average damage. the k/d we post is purely off of the win rate, i ignore that tbh.

average damage is the key, the more you are doing = more knocks/kills, more survival, more wins.

i have a youtube.com/jerktube which i upload videos too sometimes but Im serious when i say im workman like, i always go through my shadowplays and see if i have anything good or interesting and its all very unremarkable.

I'd like to watch your duo games to compare notes, I don't care how boring and uninteresting they are, it's incredibly hard to find good streams focused on climbing the ladder because they're far less interesting to see than people getting 10 KDA and averaging #20-#40 position. My friends and I have reached the same conclusion that North George and Yasnaya offer the best EV in Erangel when it comes down to loot, time spent looting, fighting opportunities and access to the rest of the map.

My routes are very formulaic, in particular I'd like to see how they differ from someone with far better stats. If it's just the duels that are better, if the macro is different, or if both, and if both, to which extent.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Canuckistan posted:

I think my joke isn't resonating with some people. I'm bad and need good people to carry me. I've played with plenty of good goons, but they weren't good enough to compensate for my badness.

Maybe if you left the comfort of your vehicle occasionally that wouldn't be as much of an issue. Running people over is pretty fun so I can see how that might not be very appealing, though.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Elentor posted:

it's incredibly hard to find good streams focused on climbing the ladder because they're far less interesting to see than people getting 10 KDA and averaging #20-#40 position

ikilledhomer_tv, the guy who is #1 in NA FPP duos streams.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/ikilledhomer_tv?server=na

https://www.twitch.tv/ikilledhomer_tv

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's actually useful, thanks.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Elentor posted:

That's actually useful, thanks.

Is it, though? I just saw one of his matches and it's so confusing. They consistently sit in the middle of fields with hardly any cover, just waiting to kill people as they run to the circle. The way they constantly move, jumping randomly and climbing on rocks and stuff definitely makes them harder to shoot, but they're also super easy to spot.

Of course it works out cause they shoot well when they do get spotted, but I don't know that I'm learning anything from watching it. Honestly, Jerkface's "workman like" play sounds more helpful.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I'm guessing that's because they were playing on the test server.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elman posted:

Is it, though? I just saw one of his matches and it's so confusing. They consistently sit in the middle of fields with hardly any cover, just waiting to kill people as they run to the circle. The way they constantly move, jumping randomly and climbing on rocks and stuff definitely makes them harder to shoot, but they're also super easy to spot.

Of course it works out cause they shoot well when they do get spotted, but I don't know that I'm learning anything from watching it. Honestly, Jerkface's "workman like" play sounds more helpful.

Well yeah, I'd like to watch Jerkface, but Jerkface's not streaming, so that will have to do. They're playing on the test server, I'll see how it goes once they're on live. I've also seen them missing a shitload of sprays which is more akin to how I play since I don't have perfect aim and improving your aim is pretty straightforward practicing it, but I definitely want to see how these other duos play the macro.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 3, 2018

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Lying prone in the middle of the street to snipe someone with a suppressed UMP.

What the gently caress?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
they'll never expect it

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
At this point I feel like my mechanics are down and I can shoot with the best of them but my squad and I just get consistently get hosed on positioning so we gotta work on that.

Had a few games last night where we were playing well otherwise but just kept getting into shootouts with two or three other squads and ya just can't win that sorta thing

also vehicles holy poo poo gently caress vehicles

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Doorknob Slobber posted:

they'll never expect it

NEXT LEVEL STRATS

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
If it takes out a top tier player it’s not a bad strat, it’s a calculated risk

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I need to put my foot down and clear up some pretty blatant misinformation going on here guys.

FIRST: I had a 2x on my UMP, not a 4x

Actually that’s it I thought there was something else but I was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Also I thought I was clearly touching the side of the road and nowhere close to the actual “middle” of the road. As in completely on the dotted line.

I need to go back to just playing Klondike anyways this is all too intense.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 3, 2018