Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

axeil posted:

Confiscating passports and pimping out cheerleaders to wealthy season ticket holders :stare:

Isn't that illegal?

I mean you could argue that that was human trafficking. What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Fire Dan Synder and the Redskins name and logo into the Sun and redistribute Synder's wealth among all active cheerleaders.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The cheerleaders should be the new owners of WFC

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

iospace posted:

You could shutdown all the "cheerleader" squads in the NFL and maybe lose 1 fan.

you know F1 got rid of Grid Girls and people bitched about it for months

think about the NFL's audience base and how they respond to so many other perceived slights against them

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/277968076950077441?s=19

https://twitter.com/billyraycyrus/status/608133696932020224?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Must be Brewer fans

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

He'd still be the best receiver on the Cowboys, lmao

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

weird Asian candy posted:

Must be Brewer fans

Actually it's me when I think I'm posting in the chat thread but then I find out I wasn't

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alaois posted:

think about the NFL's audience base and how they respond to so many other perceived slights against them

Very true :cripes:

People still watched F1 despite that.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Tom Sellout posted:

They just drafted Michael Gallup, so no.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
That Washington team which shall remain nameless is one of the worst organizations in professional sports and the way cheerleaders are treated by the majority of teams is ridiculous and disgusting.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

:crossarms:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have questions.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Someone photoshop the pic of him kissing his son on the lips on the shorts. TIA

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Alaois posted:

I am almost certain that the NFL's audience base is about as capable of actually going through with a boycott as this audience base:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Has he always been nuts or is it just the last decade

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

kiimo posted:

Has he always been nuts or is it just the last decade

He always was to a degree but it’s gotten gradually worse after he blew out his knee 9 years ago. Not coincidentally that was also when he entered his 30s and that does weird poo poo to some people I guess.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Coldforge posted:

Looking at how the former Panthers owner behaved, and how lovely, conservative, racist old men tend to think about women...

Yeah this is probably going to get ugly real fast, and I am bracing for my team to be implicated in some kind of shady poo poo.

Easterbook's dumb column was skeevy as hell for the cheerleader creeping, to say nothing of his obsession with Ashley Judd, but his dumb quasi-Rivals nicknames for teams shouldn't go without derision either. It all just reeked of a man who thinks he's five times as clever as he actually is.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Is that a picture of his son on his rear end

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Then you found TFF and gave up?

Correct. That also coincided with me finding Baseball Prospectus and all the Eagles blogs that I follow to this day.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Is that a picture of his son on his rear end

"Kiss my rear end" is a term of endearment in the Brady household.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Manoueverable posted:

Yeah this is probably going to get ugly real fast, and I am bracing for my team to be implicated in some kind of shady poo poo.

Easterbook's dumb column was skeevy as hell for the cheerleader creeping, to say nothing of his obsession with Ashley Judd, but his dumb quasi-Rivals nicknames for teams shouldn't go without derision either. It all just reeked of a man who thinks he's five times as clever as he actually is.

He really, really wanted to be a cross between Peter King and Bill Simmons, but could never come close to hitting either bar.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
where can I find a pair of shorts like that

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

There is literally no way that Robert Kraft hasn’t sexually harassed a woman.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

piss tape israel posted:

where can I find a pair of shorts like that
they're probably a one-off so you'll have to ask your dad, sorry

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Manoueverable posted:

It all just reeked of a man who thinks he's five times as clever as he actually is.

This sounds like most sports journalists tbh

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

whypick1 posted:

This sounds like most sports journalists tbh

Listed in the DSM 5 as Bill Simmons syndrome.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There is literally no way that Robert Kraft hasn’t sexually harassed a woman.

He wears sneakers so they can't hear his heels coming down the hall

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Tom Sellout posted:

so which nfl team are you a fan of

because it is clearly not the cowboys

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
gently caress the Washington football team.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

iospace posted:

Very true :cripes:

People still watched F1 despite that.

Vando posted:

I am almost certain that the NFL's audience base is about as capable of actually going through with a boycott as this audience base:

i'm sure they wouldn't actually stop watching but the posting

the posting, man

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/aussielarsen1/status/991789260532600833?s=20

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think @aussielarsen1 needs to take less breathes. Like, down to 0 breathes.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

This is like when people blame women who get raped because they dress too sexy and brought it on themselves. How do people actually think like this in the real world?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

weird Asian candy posted:

This is like when people blame women who get raped because they dress too sexy and brought it on themselves. How do people actually think like this in the real world?

It's usually because they've committed rape or sexual assault at some point in their history, and feel the need to justify it by making it someone else's fault.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’d love to hear this guys hot takes on whether a sex worker can be raped or not.

Or if a husband can rape his wife.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

incompetent posted:

so which nfl team are you a fan of

because it is clearly not the cowboys

you're right, man. he's gone, and i'm done posting about him. It wouldn't even surprise me if dallas is better this season. I'm really excited about the draft class, a full year of Zeke, year 3 of Prescott, and so much more! Hell, using Tavon Austin out of the backfield is going to add a new fun element to the offense.

Have you been watching All or Nothing? It paints a rare picture of the inner workings of the team. I came away loving guys like Demarcus Lawrence and Cole Beasely more than I already did.

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 2, 2018

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

DariusLikewise posted:

I know there's been a lot coming out how when you do the math Cheerleaders make $1/hour or something ridiculously low for how much time they actually put in the job and all that poo poo about the 300 page guideline books Cheerleaders get when they get "hired" on.

I found some article from time that said they get between $75 and $150 / game, but they have to put in at least 8 hours of unpaid rehersals per week (with minimal offseason), and it's a full 8+ hours on game days. They don't go to away games, so they are only being paid for like 10 games. Plus they have to pay to audition!

I don't really care about cheerleaders one way or the other, but if they are going to have them they could at least pay them decently.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

axeil posted:

Correct. That also coincided with me finding Baseball Prospectus and all the Eagles blogs that I follow to this day.

Iggles Blitz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

N: Eagles have signed whatever's left of Markus Wheaton to a 1-year contract.

V: He was occasionally decent before getting every injury in the world last year, right?

• Locked thread