Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

etalian posted:

I liked the story of the Trump PA town in which all the whites were mad about latinos moving into their dying rust belt town, even though they were helping the economy to recover.
This except America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/anakin_wildstar/status/988851822713487363

surely a person who appreciates the importance of public assistance for people in difficult circumstances

https://mobile.twitter.com/anakin_wildstar/status/987151741824086016

One of the great ironies of our time is that Republicans could probably get the infrastructure of social welfare in the country torn down if they'd just use their own voter base as evidence.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/anakin_wildstar/status/988851822713487363

surely a person who appreciates the importance of public assistance for people in difficult circumstances

https://mobile.twitter.com/anakin_wildstar/status/987151741824086016

lol he liked all his own tweets

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

One of the great ironies of our time is that Republicans could probably get the infrastructure of social welfare in the country torn down if they'd just use their own voter base as evidence.

there def seems to be an argument that poor republicans are the economic equivalent of homophobic closet cases
(see also: the 4chan alt-right obsession with pedo conspiracy theories)

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

there def seems to be an argument that poor republicans are the economic equivalent of homophobic closet cases
(see also: the 4chan alt-right obsession with pedo conspiracy theories)

lumpenproles

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Now to be fair, the rich elites in Washington probably are all a bunch of child rapists

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
child trauma is the unenviable mark of the aristocracy

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

This except America.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
That “Anakin Wildstar” person’s gotta be really thrilled about Friend Ben’s new hot plan to raise Section 8 housing rates.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
anakin gonna die wheezing like his namesake

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBkQJ3OgZqs

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

This is goddamned delightful

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
The uninsured rate among Republicans rose from 7.9 percent in 2016 to 13.9 percent in the current survey period, which was conducted between February and March of 2018. The uninsured rate among those who identify as Democrats stood at 9.1 percent, statistically unchanged from 2016.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Dulce et :decorum:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

holy poo poo no loving way lmfao

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

codenameFANGIO posted:

holy poo poo no loving way lmfao

the only possible explanation for such a clear divergence is that chuds rushed to drop their coverage when trump won. so technically they may not realize they're going to die, but if not them, their red state insurance markets sure will

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
It would be cool if chuds are a self solving problem as long as they don't solve all the rest of us along with them

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
amazing that we call it an insurance fund when the point of insurance is to hedge against something not happening as opposed to something that always happens like bad health and loving birth

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
getting uninsured to trigger the libs

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Kurtofan posted:

getting uninsured to trigger the libs

Wrecking my state's healthcare reserves to trigger the libs

E. Clogging the emergency room with maladies that would be easily treatable with regular routine care, and there by increasing the cost of treatment by a multiple of 4, to own the libs

Brother Tadger has issued a correction as of 16:15 on May 3, 2018

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Top City Homo posted:

amazing that we call it an insurance fund when the point of insurance is to hedge against something not happening as opposed to something that always happens like bad health and loving birth
well, it's hedging against the specific instance of a bad thing happening, and bad health may be inevitable but it's usually unpredictable (with exceptions for things like smokers getting lung cancer and obese people having joint issues)

but I agree

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Top City Homo posted:

orlov is problematic but i continue to love this post

quote:

I would like to sell you some hunger insurance. Are you insured against hunger? Perhaps you should be! Without this coverage, you may find it impossible to continue to afford feeding yourself and your family. With this coverage, not only will you be assured of continuing to get at least some food, but so will I. In fact, thanks to this plan, I will get to eat very, very well indeed.

Here's how it works. You buy a hunger insurance plan from my hunger insurance company, or from one of my illustrious competitors in the hunger insurance industry. The hunger insurance market is very competitive, offering you plenty of consumer choice. You can even decide to go with a hunger maintenance organization (HMO); that would make a lot of sense if you are on a diet.

Whichever company you choose buys up food in bulk on your behalf. Then, should you come down with a case of hunger, you can file a claim, pay the copayment, and get some of the food. Certain feeding procedures, such as breakfast, are considered elective, and are not covered.

The company is in a position to demand lower prices for food from the food providers, and can even pass some of these savings on to you. (But the fine folks in the hunger insurance company do have to eat too, you know.) Of course, the food providers try to make up the difference by charging those without hunger insurance much higher prices, but how can anyone blame them? That's just market economics. There may also be some food-related benefits, such as lower rental rates on bowls, spoons, napkins and feeding tubes (check the details of your plan).

There is just one more twist: you should try to arrange your hunger insurance plan through your employer. You see, it is much more expensive for companies to do business with consumers directly. It is much cheaper and easier for them to deal with other companies, and this allows them to, again, pass along some of the savings. In fact, many hunger insurers may decide not to sell individual hunger plans because group hunger is much more profitable. This is just Business 101: nothing personal. Plus, how can you afford to pay your hunger premium every month if you are unemployed? It goes without saying that if you want to keep your hunger insurance, you better try to keep your job, whether they pay you or not! And if you are currently unemployed, then, well... why am I still talking to you?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it's because they don't need stupid insurance anymore, donald trump convinced me to go on his Big Macs Only diet and now my diabetes is cured

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I'm going to start marketing the Trump diet to chuds

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Trump should release a food brand that isn't overpriced steaks, it would absolutely sell out in chud states.

Eating Trump Chips to own the libs, my arteries,

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.88044800a703

quote:

Tolley said he supports the president and trusts that he has businesses’ interests at heart, but Tolley is skeptical and disappointed with the administration’s changes to the visa program.

“I voted for Donald Trump, and I’d vote for President Trump again,” he said. “But I think in small rural towns in America, we’re getting the short end of the stick on labor.”

Supporting policies that'll run me out of business to own the libs.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
white people goddamn

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

OhFunny posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.88044800a703

Supporting policies that'll run me out of business to own the libs.

quote:

Maryland’s 20 licensed crab processors typically employ some 500 foreign workers each season, from April to November, through the H-2B visa program, Sieling said. The visas are for seasonal workers in nonagricultural jobs. Pickers are paid by the pound of meat they produce, and the most productive ones make up to $500 a week.

wow

maryland has a minimum wage of 9.25 per hour, so that means the most productive, on their best week, if they work more than 54 hours a week, are not meeting the minimum wage requirement, and that's not very much for a seasonal worker

someone less productive making only 300 per week that would not be able to work more than 32 hours a week without breaking minimum wage laws

can't believe it's worth flying these people in and out each season :thunk:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
they bus them in pretty sure

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/04/angst-in-farm-belt-after-reports-that-china-halted-buying-us-soybeans.html

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

logikv9 posted:

Trump should release a food brand that isn't overpriced steaks, it would absolutely sell out in chud states.

Eating Trump Chips to own the libs, my arteries,

Trump’s Hateful Bran Flakes with a picture of a grandma on the shitter screaming racial epithets

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

killing myself from preventable diseases to trigger soft liberal snowflakes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

In more related news, China has stopped buying US soybeans in retaliation for the Trump trade tariffs

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/04/angst-in-farm-belt-after-reports-that-china-halted-buying-us-soybeans.html

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

etalian posted:

killing myself from preventable diseases to trigger soft liberal snowflakes.

Eh bronze plans aren't even worth having because no one can afford to use them. Woo I'm paying $1000/month for the privilege of paying $12,000 I don't have if I get sick before insurance even kicks in.

There's a reason the law had to include a mandate to force anyone without a chronic illness to get into a market that fucks them coming and going.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Maybe just run non-poo poo candidates who can run on a real platform people can see helping their real lives?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Ripoff posted:

Trump’s Hateful Bran Flakes with a picture of a grandma on the shitter screaming racial epithets

Trump Soy Sauce with a picture of Zyklon Ben’s Trump stomping on a Chinese caricature.
SOY-FREE*
*Product contains Soy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

etalian posted:

In more related news, China has stopped buying US soybeans in retaliation for the Trump trade tariffs

one month ago:

https://twitter.com/business/status/981439147587010560

see also:

https://twitter.com/JoshuaGreen/status/987427663894777857

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

hate it when i get stuck indefinitely in the middle of the ocean, otoh these 50,000 tons of soybeans should last us a while, and i KNOW there ain't no proud boys on THIS ship