Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4UJmJ3FA5E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Truman called for a new law, where any railroad strikers would be drafted into the Army. As he concluded his congressional address, he received a message that the strike had been settled on presidential terms; nevertheless, a few hours later, the House voted to draft the strikers. Taft killed the bill in the Senate.

lolll taft did a good??

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

https://twitter.com/henrykrinkie/status/991863479823892480?s=21

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo gently caress cash for clunkers

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What was the stuff they poured in The Clunkers that made the engines seize and ruined them forever?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

exmarx posted:

that time he apologised for saying the bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki were war crimes

The benefit of winning a war is that you get to decide what's a war crime and what's not.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Aliquid posted:

holy poo poo gently caress cash for clunkers

remember everyone in college saying "cash for chunkers"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Volcott posted:

What was the stuff they poured in The Clunkers that made the engines seize and ruined them forever?

saltwater?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Farrier Theaks posted:

remember everyone in college saying "cash for chunkers"
...no?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Obama's election proved racism was over

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Unfunny Poster posted:

WWE pro wreslter Kane, a man horribly disfigured due to burning his fanily and forced to wear a mask (only for it to be retconned into being pscyhologically scarred because he stopped wearing the mask and his face was fine), is running for mayor of Knoxville, TN.

Undertaker burned his family, not Kane.

Also you forgot to mention his other gimmicks of "evil dentist" and "Fake Kevin Nash"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Gum posted:

Obama's election proved racism was over

chief justice john "we declare racism over" roberts

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The supreme court basically said "Racism is over so we don't need this Civil Rights Act anymore."

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Yossarian-22 posted:

the world's preeminent civilization for hundreds and hundreds of years got conquered by drugs and then half conquered by some guy who thought he was jesus incarnate

and then it happened again lmbo :smugdon:

China has been a pretty lovely place to live in for the past couple hundred years

Also, that time when China decided to take inspiration from Black Mirror and rank every one of their subjects with a Reddit ranking system

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feldegast42 posted:

China has been a pretty lovely place to live in for the past couple hundred years

Also, that time when China decided to take inspiration from Black Mirror and rank every one of their subjects with a Reddit ranking system

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Volcott posted:

Sodium silicate in place of the motor oil

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
National Security Advisor and Iraq invasion architect Condoleeza Rice was a former Chevron executive with a supertanker named after her

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Retromancer posted:

Undertaker burned his family, not Kane.

Also you forgot to mention his other gimmicks of "evil dentist" and "Fake Kevin Nash"
And before WWF, "christmas creature".

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
And also wrestling-related but not so much "suddenly remembered" but rather "fresh on my mind":

The Saudis paid for WWE to hold a massive event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia during which they constantly referred to the "beautiful city of Jeddah" and to Saudi Arabia as a great and "progressive" country and aired a long commercial to the same effect. Also, no women were allowed to perform on the show and there was a bit of a stink because they showed a commercial for a future show on the video wall in which the women were not exactly dressed to Saudi standards. All this after WWE tried long and hard to get goodwill by promoting the women no longer as a sideshow, but as equally competitive to men and even made a big deal of having their women wrestle (albeit in full-body suits) in the UAE.

But hey, who cares, the check cleared.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
#wearetheleft

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that was some aristocrats level melodrama

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
John Mcains black baby

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this makes me so loving mad lol

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

frankenfreak posted:

And also wrestling-related but not so much "suddenly remembered" but rather "fresh on my mind":

The Saudis paid for WWE to hold a massive event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia during which they constantly referred to the "beautiful city of Jeddah" and to Saudi Arabia as a great and "progressive" country and aired a long commercial to the same effect. Also, no women were allowed to perform on the show and there was a bit of a stink because they showed a commercial for a future show on the video wall in which the women were not exactly dressed to Saudi standards. All this after WWE tried long and hard to get goodwill by promoting the women no longer as a sideshow, but as equally competitive to men and even made a big deal of having their women wrestle (albeit in full-body suits) in the UAE.

also one of their wrestlers who has syrian heritage was kept off the show completely and they tried not to let anyone know why

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frankenfreak posted:

Having been to Jeddah a lot growing up, it actually is a pretty nice looking city thats right on the Red Sea, which is even more beautiful of you like to scuba dive. But yeah everything else about that event was as bad/silly as you said. They even brought Iranian wrestlers (waving tge Iranian flag which pissed a lot of people off in Saudi) out to get beat up by Saudi rookies the WWE had just signed.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
shut up about wrestling

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

shut up about wrestling

nothing but respect for my president

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

shut up about wrestling

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had no clue that game existed. Holy poo poo that's hilarious.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

I had no clue that game existed. Holy poo poo that's hilarious.

It was never released but a development copy ROM may be released soon

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

shut up about wrestling
Did you know Sinclair owns the wrestling promotion Ring of Honor, making it another wrestling org that has ties with propaganda machines?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Imagine Trump having a pet

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

oh this is a cool thread

here's a recent favorite - a mexican student made this music video to support the leading candidate running for president, which quickly became a viral hit over its, well, everything about it. The lyrics are loving hilarious and I can't find an english translation, but it features lines such as "Your vote is like your virginity / don't give it away to those who defend impunity"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=resrpO5y9aw

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

nah posted:

Imagine Trump having a pet

The White House announces the Trump family have adopted a dog, but it's a different dog in every public appearance and Sanders insists it's the same dog every time

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

The Narrator posted:

The White House announces the Trump family have adopted a dog, but it's a different dog in every public appearance and Sanders insists it's the same dog every time

sometimes its a cat

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
microwaves that turn into cameras

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonnyc/status/992129173224337410?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Ignis posted:

oh this is a cool thread

here's a recent favorite - a mexican student made this music video to support the leading candidate running for president, which quickly became a viral hit over its, well, everything about it. The lyrics are loving hilarious and I can't find an english translation, but it features lines such as "Your vote is like your virginity / don't give it away to those who defend impunity"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=resrpO5y9aw

hel yeah