Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Just played my first "bullshit reinforcements" mission against 2 wolverines, a thunderbolt, a quickdraw, a hunchback, a jenner, [deep breath] my first enemy catapult, and for good measure, a vindicator.

Against my lance of 1 enforcer (Glitch), 1 hunchback (Behemoth), 1 jenner (Medusa), and my MC in a Jaeger. Martian terrain so everyone is running hot.

After action report:

Behemoth was forced to eject after being sensor locked and focus fired for more than 5 rounds. A disappointing first run for my hunchback due to bad positioning on my part.

The MC "died" in his Jager after taking an unbelievable amount of punishment. The total remaining structure points had to be in the low double digits. But not before killing both wolverines, the quickdraw, and seriously damaging the hunchback and the catapult.

Glitch finished off the hunchback, got both her enforcer's arms blown off, then kicked the now podless Catapult to death before ejecting the following round. She had one health point left when she punched out.

Medusa killed the enemy Jenner before winning a 1v1 with the Vindicator which at this point had burned off half its structure points from overheating. Mission complete.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Pertinent Information

http://www.somethingawful.com/video-game-article/battletech-dekker-infirmary/

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I think I may need to restart my campaign. I got way behind the ball from the start by having my main and several of my starter mechwarriors injured for huge stretches of time because I suck. (I haven't played a stompy robots game since Mechwarrior 3) I'm up to the story mission where you go loot the lostech but I haven't started that one because it's a three star and every single other available mission is also a three star and three stars have been kicking my rear end and there's no where else for me to go take easier missions and grind out some better equipment.

For example, my best lance I can field is a SRM'd out Dragon for punching and back stabbing, two hunchbacks and a laser'd up wolverine for punching and stabbing.

The mission I'm currently stuck on has those guys going up against a wolverine, a shadow hawk, a catapult and a grasshopper, and before I can even fully kill off one of the mechs, the reinforcements show up and it's a goddamned vindicator, trebuchet, jaegermech and a kintaro and I get just annihilated. My wolverine and my dragon have practically no armor left by the time they close to killing distance and the damned PPCs keep my hunchbacks from hitting poo poo, and they have gunners with 9 and 10 driving, respectively.

Ugh i love this stupid game though.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Typical Pubbie posted:

Just played my first "bullshit reinforcements" mission against 2 wolverines, a thunderbolt, a quickdraw, a hunchback, a jenner, [deep breath] my first enemy catapult, and for good measure, a vindicator.

Against my lance of 1 enforcer (Glitch), 1 hunchback (Behemoth), 1 jenner (Medusa), and my MC in a Jaeger. Martian terrain so everyone is running hot.

After action report:

Behemoth was forced to eject after being sensor locked and focus fired for more than 5 rounds. A disappointing first run for my hunchback due to bad positioning on my part.

The MC "died" in his Jager after taking an unbelievable amount of punishment. The total remaining structure points had to be in the low double digits. But not before killing both wolverines, the quickdraw, and seriously damaging the hunchback and the catapult.

Glitch finished off the hunchback, got both her enforcer's arms blown off, then kicked the now podless Catapult to death before ejecting the following round. She had one health point left when she punched out.

Medusa killed the enemy Jenner before winning a 1v1 with the Vindicator which at this point had burned off half its structure points from overheating. Mission complete.

We need 2 lances

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rookersh posted:

I'd also argue Sensor Lock is a dump skill, in that you only ever want one person with Sensor Lock.
It's a waste even on one person. If there's someone beyond visual range that you're trying to light up for sniping, chances are they've got guard up, so you're just taking potshots that (while nice I guess) aren't going to accomplish a whole lot.

Is there a medium that blazed in and now it's chortling at you behind four evasion pips? Okay, well just get two other guys to multishot it with an mlas or something while doing actual useful things against some other jerk.

P much the only way sensor lock would be useful is if it was a free action. I imagine that can be modded in (I should try it...), since vigilance works that way already.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Is there a way to bump guaranteed salvage up by one? Like I’d like the default to be 3 (instead of 2 and if you want 3 you’re getting $20)?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Typical Pubbie posted:

After action report:

I as nerdraging a bit last night when a dropship flew in and landed a lance of mechs heavier than mine when my last mech to go that turn was in mid-jump-jet flight. My mech landed behind an enemy mech, which left its back to this whole new lance.... that then got to move and shoot my dude in the back.

And then later in a base defense mission two Trebuchets and two Centurions spawned on the opposite of the map where they were in LRM range of the base I was defending. You can guess what happened next.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

WrightOfWay posted:

I don't get why there are only 5 phases instead of 6. There should be a phase after assaults just like there is one before lights.
it's possibly the only disadvantage of assaults????

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Sensor lock probably will get long in the tooth, but removing evasion then breach-shotting someone is pretty satisfying.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

it's possibly the only disadvantage of assaults????
I'm not sure what you're saying but I interpret that as "An Assault is in the last phase of a turn; if an Assault falls over, is shot with Precision Strike, or is melee'd by someone with the Expert Guts skill, they do not move back a phase like anyone else would (a medium moving into the heavy phase, ect)"

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

pangstrom posted:

Multishot is useful rarely, and yeah it's also a great way to kill zero things instead of one thing. Sometiems when it is useful it means I screwed up positioning in previous turns and didn't focus fire enough.

Multi shot is great for LRM boats exploiting the stability meta.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Rookersh posted:

What's the strat for Evasive Movement? Even once you get your Evasion up through the tree skills, it's still trivial for your Lights to hit the cap every single time just through their basic moves, and using the reserve/Ace Pilot trickery means their Evasion should never really take hits anyway. My current Dekker took MT/SL and he'll hit his max Evasion still just wandering around doing Dekker things.

So it almost feels like it's built for a Heavy or Assault to get more Evasion, but why would I do that when I could grab Bulwark and become untouchable while I stand there and get hit.

Also with all the talk of how endgame is nothing but Assault lances, and how Lights completely drop out of the equation it seems it's better to just have my Light preplan for eventually becoming a Medium or a Heavy when needed then it is to grab a skill that might give me another pip of Evasion sometimes if I don't walk super far maybe.

I'd also argue Sensor Lock is a dump skill, in that you only ever want one person with Sensor Lock.

You can generate a lot of evasion on jump capable mechs too. A grasshopper that's jumping max distance builds up a fuckload of pips. That, plus actually being armored like a heavy should be means that it can jump right into the middle of the enemy, shoot some butts, and not get too toasty from the return fire.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

tactlessbastard posted:

I think I may need to restart my campaign. I got way behind the ball from the start by having my main and several of my starter mechwarriors injured for huge stretches of time because I suck. (I haven't played a stompy robots game since Mechwarrior 3) I'm up to the story mission where you go loot the lostech but I haven't started that one because it's a three star and every single other available mission is also a three star and three stars have been kicking my rear end and there's no where else for me to go take easier missions and grind out some better equipment.

For example, my best lance I can field is a SRM'd out Dragon for punching and back stabbing, two hunchbacks and a laser'd up wolverine for punching and stabbing.

The mission I'm currently stuck on has those guys going up against a wolverine, a shadow hawk, a catapult and a grasshopper, and before I can even fully kill off one of the mechs, the reinforcements show up and it's a goddamned vindicator, trebuchet, jaegermech and a kintaro and I get just annihilated. My wolverine and my dragon have practically no armor left by the time they close to killing distance and the damned PPCs keep my hunchbacks from hitting poo poo, and they have gunners with 9 and 10 driving, respectively.

Ugh i love this stupid game though.

I need to go through and make another tips and tricks guide for this game I've just been running short on time.

It sounds like your good lance is probably effective enough to beat a three star. A few things worth doing that you might not be doing:

-- focus fire. One dead enemy is better than two hurt enemies.

-- Use terrain. Position yourself in trees (they give a damage reduction).

-- Watch lines of sight. Hug the borders of the map and hug rock walls and try to make sure that all four of your mechs have line of sight to the enemy target and only one of them at a time has line of sight to your group.

-- If the enemy has a spotter mech and LRM's, kill the spotter ASAP so the LRM's don't have range on you.

-- Make them come to you. Take a good position and brace in it and let the enemy waste their turns moving into view; then shoot them back from your Bulwarked defensive position.

-- Use morale called shots. The Tactician line helps with this; target left and right torsos instead of arms, target heads with high damage attacks, target legs for knockdowns.

-- use and concentrate stability damage for knockdowns.

-- Use melee attacks to remove Guarded from enemies

If you do all this you can pretty consistently beat missions well above your weight class. THere's a random element of course but you can minimize it.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Rhymenoserous posted:

Multi shot is great for LRM boats exploiting the stability meta.

I use it on the LRM boat less because of that (though your mileage may vary), and more because sometimes you can be super-confident that an LRM volley will kill something whereas a PPC or whatever could miss.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pangstrom posted:

I use it on the LRM boat less because of that (though your mileage may vary), and more because sometimes you can be super-confident that an LRM volley will kill something whereas a PPC or whatever could miss.
This or even "two ML will kill this tank, now I can fire everything else at that mech and still kill the tank" or "I'm on the right side of a mech that has no RA or RT and the CT has 5 structure left, I'mma fire this SRM at it and everything else at that enemy over there". I really like having it on two pilots but I can get by with one.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm not sure what you're saying but I interpret that as "An Assault is in the last phase of a turn; if an Assault falls over, is shot with Precision Strike, or is melee'd by someone with the Expert Guts skill, they do not move back a phase like anyone else would (a medium moving into the heavy phase, ect)"

Your assaults will have to brawl with theirs instead of abusing initiative (get master technician if you want to)

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Soup du Journey posted:

It's a waste even on one person. If there's someone beyond visual range that you're trying to light up for sniping, chances are they've got guard up, so you're just taking potshots that (while nice I guess) aren't going to accomplish a whole lot.

Is there a medium that blazed in and now it's chortling at you behind four evasion pips? Okay, well just get two other guys to multishot it with an mlas or something while doing actual useful things against some other jerk.

P much the only way sensor lock would be useful is if it was a free action. I imagine that can be modded in (I should try it...), since vigilance works that way already.

Yeah I think sensor lock should count as all your moves, but you can still shoot.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

There are a ton of skill combos that are viable. Pretty much the only skill that is a totally worthless trap is the 2nd tier guts skill, the one that pushes someone back in the initiative order if you punch them.

I see what they were getting at. Dick punching an assault with your heavy so your guarantee your assaults get to pummel it into the ground before it shoots is situationally useful, but nowhere near as good as any of the other skills. It would make way, WAY more sense to swap that and bulwark (making bulwark the tier 2 skill) because as it stands bulwark is just an obvious utility skill to get no matter which tree you're actually taking the top-tier skill in.

Juggernaut is pretty sweet before the game becomes an assault fest. Pushing an enemy back is plain good but its real strength is making sure a knocked down enemy stays down longer so you can get those called shots on it. With the way assaults can't get moved back a phase it becomes a lot less useful in the lategame but no worse than the tactics abilities.

Edit: also on multi-shot discussion, remember that it meshes nicely with the PPC's accuracy debuff. Making 2-3 enemies a bit less accurate in addition to ignoring guarded is handy and becomes petty strong when stacked with evasion and the hit defense gyro mod.

Gobblecoque fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 3, 2018

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I need to go through and make another tips and tricks guide for this game I've just been running short on time.

It sounds like your good lance is probably effective enough to beat a three star. A few things worth doing that you might not be doing:

-- focus fire. One dead enemy is better than two hurt enemies.

-- Use terrain. Position yourself in trees (they give a damage reduction).

-- Watch lines of sight. Hug the borders of the map and hug rock walls and try to make sure that all four of your mechs have line of sight to the enemy target and only one of them at a time has line of sight to your group.

-- If the enemy has a spotter mech and LRM's, kill the spotter ASAP so the LRM's don't have range on you.

-- Make them come to you. Take a good position and brace in it and let the enemy waste their turns moving into view; then shoot them back from your Bulwarked defensive position.

-- Use morale called shots. The Tactician line helps with this; target left and right torsos instead of arms, target heads with high damage attacks, target legs for knockdowns.

-- use and concentrate stability damage for knockdowns.

-- Use melee attacks to remove Guarded from enemies

If you do all this you can pretty consistently beat missions well above your weight class. THere's a random element of course but you can minimize it.

Thanks for the advice! On this particular mission, the damned spotter with LOS for the LRMS is the quickdraw and the wolverine and I just can't get them killed fast enough. I do go for torso shots once I realized they took the arm with them, too. I think I've got a good handle on cover, I just am getting overrun on this particular one.

One thing I can say I haven't tried is I never have done called headshots because the chances are always like 2-5%...are they still worth the shot?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
It would be nice if you had two "actions" and "actions" were move half distance, sensor lock, attack, etc. But it'd open up double attacks which would get cray.

I use sensor lock all the time in conjunction with my lrm boat to target things that are otherwise out of range /Los. I can hit them, they can't see me, good combo.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rookersh posted:

What's the strat for Evasive Movement? Even once you get your Evasion up through the tree skills, it's still trivial for your Lights to hit the cap every single time just through their basic moves, and using the reserve/Ace Pilot trickery means their Evasion should never really take hits anyway. My current Dekker took MT/SL and he'll hit his max Evasion still just wandering around doing Dekker things.

So it almost feels like it's built for a Heavy or Assault to get more Evasion, but why would I do that when I could grab Bulwark and become untouchable while I stand there and get hit.

Also with all the talk of how endgame is nothing but Assault lances, and how Lights completely drop out of the equation it seems it's better to just have my Light preplan for eventually becoming a Medium or a Heavy when needed then it is to grab a skill that might give me another pip of Evasion sometimes if I don't walk super far maybe.

Highly mobile heavies like the grasshopper should never be bulwarked because their whole shtick is to jump in at point blank butt punching range with 5 pips and jump back out relatively unscathed after coring something out.
The grasshopper is really good and if you run all ML/SL cap armor and give it enough heat sinks to operate it will core just about any mech in the game with a buttshot called shot with 5 evasion pips and more armor than most assaults.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Phi230 posted:

Yeah I think sensor lock should count as all your moves, but you can still shoot.

That would make it worse than worthless on lights or mediums. Even early game you sure as poo poo don't want to be sitting still in a light to put sensor lock on something. It would also make it late-game mandatory as it would essentially be a free action on your dug in assaults.

Frankly it's not worthless as it stands, as long as you're actually using your faster mechs to scout out ahead. If you're moving everyone in one clump then yes, it's not that great. But if your fast mech is ranging out ahead of your assaults you can easily get two turns, sometimes three, of just slamming LMRs on enemies way before they can ever return fire on you. Even PPCs or gauss if you have direct LOS.

Ever have a mission where the enemy spawns reinforcements and immediately starts hitting you with AC2s and AC5s from beyond the fog of war? You can do that with sensor lock before the enemy can even see your scout.

I don't do it all the time, but my dekkar in a grasshopper has done it often enough to really good effect on missions where I'm heavily outnumbered.

The key is to use your fast scout (whatever it may be - light or speedy heavy doesn't matter) as an actual scout, ranging ahead of the main body looking for contacts.

Sometimes it helps to just sit your heavies where they spawned on mission start for a turn or two.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

tactlessbastard posted:

Thanks for the advice! On this particular mission, the damned spotter with LOS for the LRMS is the quickdraw and the wolverine and I just can't get them killed fast enough. I do go for torso shots once I realized they took the arm with them, too. I think I've got a good handle on cover, I just am getting overrun on this particular one.

One thing I can say I haven't tried is I never have done called headshots because the chances are always like 2-5%...are they still worth the shot?

With a maxed tactician skill, that headshot chance moves up to like 18%.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Sensor lock should be both an active and a passive skill.

If you sensor lock(active) it reveals the target and strips two levels of evasion.

If you fire at a revealed target with and you have sensor lock it stips one level of evasion before you fire.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

With a maxed tactician skill, that headshot chance moves up to like 18%.

Which breaks the late game in some hilarious ways. Once you've gotten a bunch of morale improvements on the Argo called shots become a thing you can do a lot, which means half the time I'll called shot on the head even if I don't really need to because the morale is going to fill up so quickly and hey, an almost 1 in 5 chance that my AC20 or Gauss will just headcap that thing and end it quickly.

Note that breaking the endgame isn't always a bad thing. Broken endgames are some of the most fun gaming there is because by that point you're done with the leveling up cycle (however that works in your game - skills, weapons, whatever) and all that's left is the power fantasy of curb stomping the AI.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Cyrano4747 posted:

Which breaks the late game in some hilarious ways. Once you've gotten a bunch of morale improvements on the Argo called shots become a thing you can do a lot, which means half the time I'll called shot on the head even if I don't really need to because the morale is going to fill up so quickly and hey, an almost 1 in 5 chance that my AC20 or Gauss will just headcap that thing and end it quickly.

Note that breaking the endgame isn't always a bad thing. Broken endgames are some of the most fun gaming there is because by that point you're done with the leveling up cycle (however that works in your game - skills, weapons, whatever) and all that's left is the power fantasy of curb stomping the AI.

The even easier way to break this is to pay mega-salaries the first, like, four or five months of the game, when the base salary is low and it's relatively easy to rack up relatively big cash by curbstomping half-star missions. It gives a permanent morale bonus that sticks. I'm not sure exactly how the shipboard morale numbers translate to the in-combat round by round morale generation, but now that I've started adding the shipboard morale and event morale bonuses to that, I'm somewhere north of 40+ base morale.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The even easier way to break this is to pay mega-salaries the first, like, four or five months of the game, when the base salary is low and it's relatively easy to rack up relatively big cash by curbstomping half-star missions. It gives a permanent morale bonus that sticks.

The bonus being permanent loving has to be an oversight.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah morale being so "sticky" is kind of weird, both from a realism standpoint and from a gameplay one.

^^^ I don't think it's an oversight, nobody would pay for such a small bonus if it weren't permanent.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ragingsheep posted:

Anyone else need to put jump jets on all their mechs?

Personally not on Heavy+. Those things are... well... they're fuckin heavy, man :saddowns:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The even easier way to break this is to pay mega-salaries the first, like, four or five months of the game, when the base salary is low and it's relatively easy to rack up relatively big cash by curbstomping half-star missions. It gives a permanent morale bonus that sticks. I'm not sure exactly how the shipboard morale numbers translate to the in-combat round by round morale generation, but now that I've started adding the shipboard morale and event morale bonuses to that, I'm somewhere north of 40+ base morale.

is this considered a bug like the coffee w/ leveling up to make it permanent?

I'd like to pay my people poo poo later in the game when they're all hurt

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Well, that settles it on restarting the campaign!

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

This is what I did as well. Right now I'm running a high Tactics character in a Jaegermech (one of two heavies I've got) with an AC/20 and as many M Lasers as I could fit and just go for called shots to the central torso all day long.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

Sometimes picking CT is even better option. With called shot mastery you'll have some 86-92% chance of hitting that, and well built mech will put out enough dakka to core out mechs of heavy and lower tonnage in a single alpha. Doesn't always work on assaults though, and is obviously bad if you want to salvage that particular target.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Malek Deneith posted:

Sometimes picking CT is even better option. With called shot mastery you'll have some 86-92% chance of hitting that, and well built mech will put out enough dakka to core out mechs of heavy and lower tonnage in a single alpha. Doesn't always work on assaults though, and is obviously bad if you want to salvage that particular target.

Yeah, that's loving WONDERFUL late game when you're driving around a dual AC20 king crab and give absolutely zero fucks about salvaging your twentieth quickdraw.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

The bonus being permanent loving has to be an oversight.

Everything relating to the Argo feels rushed and there because 'upgradeable homebase' and 'company managment' were things that were promised in the kickstarter campaign and not because they have a critical part in the game design.

It's not bad, it's just very irrelevant.

Likewise I'll be bold and say the problem with lights is nothing to do with any fundamental element of game design and everything to do with the fact that battle difficulty is being managed by ramping up the number of enemies (who all spawn too close so you have to fight them all at once).

Evasion works perfectly when you only have to worry about 4 mechs. It's only when you get to 5 or 6 enemies possibly shooting at you that your fast light will find all its evasion pips knocked away and get cored out.

If you only ever had to fight 'pods' of a lance (occasionally with a turret or vehicle reinforcement) then lights would be competitive through to endgame.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Alchenar posted:

Everything relating to the Argo feels rushed and there because 'upgradeable homebase' and 'company managment' were things that were promised in the kickstarter campaign and not because they have a critical part in the game design.

It's not bad, it's just very irrelevant.

Likewise I'll be bold and say the problem with lights is nothing to do with any fundamental element of game design and everything to do with the fact that battle difficulty is being managed by ramping up the number of enemies (who all spawn too close so you have to fight them all at once).

Evasion works perfectly when you only have to worry about 4 mechs. It's only when you get to 5 or 6 enemies possibly shooting at you that your fast light will find all its evasion pips knocked away and get cored out.

If you only ever had to fight 'pods' of a lance (occasionally with a turret or vehicle reinforcement) then lights would be competitive through to endgame.

I think variety of player lance builds will improve with the addition of the more varied contract types that got dropped due to lack of testing time mentioned in the AMA recently.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Finally got my first mission with assaults, a Zeus and Highlander. Unfortunately they were in shoddy condition so both died before I could knock the pilot out. The highlander pilot must have had 5 hp though, can npcs get that high? I knocked him down, got a head hit and blew both torsos but he was still rolling.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Tagichatn posted:

Finally got my first mission with assaults, a Zeus and Highlander. Unfortunately they were in shoddy condition so both died before I could knock the pilot out. The highlander pilot must have had 5 hp though, can npcs get that high? I knocked him down, got a head hit and blew both torsos but he was still rolling.

Yea, if the Pilot is something like a Gladiator, Sentinel, or Brawler they can have 8 guts.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tagichatn posted:

Enemies can have the exact same skills your dudes have. Their titles even tell you which class combos and specific skills they have which lets you roughly tell their stats.

The only thing you have access to that the enemy doesn't is Vigilance and Precision Shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
My Dekker finally died and I'm disappointed he didn't go down in some classic bullshit Dekker way, but rather by slowly being worn down and cored by successive waves of reinforcements.