Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Bobby Digital posted:

Jason Segel cameo please

Honestly that would be really good. And we could use some good in the MCU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When do we get Alpha Flight

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Matt Lindland posted:

Mr. Strange knows some spells but I wish he'd do more techniques and stuff instead of going Hup, Hip, HA and fist fighting. Minor quibble from me in this otherwise great film, that's the most popular film in the history of the medium.

His name is Mr. Doctor. Mr. Strange is his made-up name.

Pinball
Sep 15, 2006

Still no Steve and Bucky kiss, drat. And after Bucky did his hair for his man, even. (Though to be real, neither of them really did much in the film.)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pinball posted:

Still no Steve and Bucky kiss

Why do people keep bringing this up, is there any textual evidence they're not just bros?

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Please don’t ever bring anything from Fear Itself into the big screen. Why even mention it here? You monster.

I'd be mad, but I've got a Z? on the back of my neck.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Oh my god this movie was so good

They really got what thanos death movies are supposed to be about: love

From beginning to end, this was a love movie. Between brothers and sister. Between daughters. Between best friends. Between murder suicide lovers.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

precision posted:

Why do people keep bringing this up, is there any textual evidence they're not just bros?

Other than them giving each other gently caress me eyes in every scene their in?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Is Ant-Man and the Wasp suppose to be in Avengers 4 because I really want that to happen.

Ant Man is for sure. Not sure about the Wasp, but I think so.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

precision posted:

They're basically J.D. and Turk from Scrubs but more dour and serious. Heterosexual life partners. A bit beyond just mere bros.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gatts posted:

Yes but he directed Age of Ultron which undid IM3.

Ohhhhh

Ok

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

precision posted:

About as much "evidence" as the original Star Trek had that showed that Kirk and Spock were boinking.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

precision posted:

People on the internet are just really weird about male-male friendships

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
They can't keep the NYC Sanctum window whole for five minutes, can they?

Away all Goats posted:

If you thought straight men get creepy about lesbians, you ain't seen nothing of straight women and gay dudes.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I thought it was great! And I haven't enjoyed a Marvel movie in a while. This kind of did the only thing that can make one of these interesting at this point, which is up the stakes to the absolute limit. So (although they'll hopefully kill a bunch of people off in the next one) it's kind of the end of the line.

On Thanos's motivations:

He's sort of the ultimate utilitarian, so to me it really comes down to whether or not you buy that powerful people ever actually do awful things because they think it'll be for the best, or if in the end it's all rationalizing selfishness and moral compromise. I mean, is it fair to say Hitler genuinely wanted to help the people of Germany, and he just made the mistake of being racist and nationalist? That doesn't seem right. Thanos is portrayed as completely earnest and selfless--he's just objectively, insanely wrong.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Away all Goats posted:

Oh I know, but I've heard it even from people who normally don't indulge in that sort of thing

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Every film needs a love song like Deadpool 2. THAT is what was missing from Infinity War.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX11yw6YL1w

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Steve and Bucky are the new Frodo and Sam.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
That New Yorker article is so right that the soundtrack should have been heavy metal

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Gatts posted:

They're basically J.D. and Turk from Scrubs but more dour and serious. Heterosexual life partners. A bit beyond just mere bros.

Is there any textual evidence they're heterosexual?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That New Yorker article is so right that the soundtrack should have been heavy metal
Any soundtrack at all should be anything other than bland orchestral drones.

Thor Ragnarok did it right. I was with that soundtrack every step of the way, and I didn't even realize until the credits that was Mothersbaugh.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is thanos more powerful than goku now

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

got any sevens posted:

Is thanos more powerful than goku now

Goku already beat someone who could manipulate time so... No

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

We better get Hulk vs Thanos round 2 in the next movie.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

We definitely one. Probably a super armored one too.

drat all the fight scenes in this movie were spectacular. It flew by for me, didn't feel it dragged at all. Gonna watch it again tomorrow.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really like the Banner/Thor bromance and hope they share movies more often.

And also kiss. I guess.

Mymla posted:

Is there any textual evidence they're heterosexual?

I may have had a stroke but didn't Cap flirt with Nat and Hawkeye got all catty over it and then they dropped that like a hot rock?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

precision posted:

I may have had a stroke but didn't Cap flirt with Nat and Hawkeye got all catty over it and then they dropped that like a hot rock?
He definitely kissed carter in his first movie, but that doesn't mean he's not into dudes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mymla posted:

He definitely kissed carter in his first movie, but that doesn't mean he's not into dudes.

He also kissed her grand-niece in his third movie.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

My ending for Avengers 4: Thor gets the gauntlet and because he doesn't know math, wishes the population be increased by 50%

Thor gets the gauntlet, wishes everyone that died came back again and suddenly the universe becomes stuffed to the brim with formerly dead people from the dawn of time. Whom soon become dead again as they reappear exactly where they died, which means they are wherever their planet used to be when they died.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

porfiria posted:

I thought it was great! And I haven't enjoyed a Marvel movie in a while. This kind of did the only thing that can make one of these interesting at this point, which is up the stakes to the absolute limit. So (although they'll hopefully kill a bunch of people off in the next one) it's kind of the end of the line.

On Thanos's motivations:

He's sort of the ultimate utilitarian, so to me it really comes down to whether or not you buy that powerful people ever actually do awful things because they think it'll be for the best, or if in the end it's all rationalizing selfishness and moral compromise. I mean, is it fair to say Hitler genuinely wanted to help the people of Germany, and he just made the mistake of being racist and nationalist? That doesn't seem right. Thanos is portrayed as completely earnest and selfless--he's just objectively, insanely wrong.
Honestly, I don't think the film is actually that thoughtful an exploration of the value of life or killing. To me, the story is not so much about the specific horrific thing that Thanos wants to do. It's more an exploration of hubris. He's a man who gives up his humanity (titanity?) on the absolute presumption of being right despite the fact that if he loses it's because of his limited world view (Not understanding that Strange giving up the stone wasn't Strange giving up but setting up the only possible win condition for the Avengers).

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I still can't believe we're in a world with multiple movies featuring Thor, the Guardians and Thanos and all the stuff with the gems and they haven't used a single Hawkwind or Deep Purple song on any of the soundtracks. Like they were able to put 2 and 2 together and use Iron Man at the end of Iron Man but forgot what folks were clearly listening to when these comics were being written and vice versa. Like Avenger 4's entire soundtrack should just be the Hawkwind album Masters of the Universe or Sabbath's Master of Reality.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Immigrant Song in Thor: Ragnarok was pretty loving on point.

Mymla posted:

Cap is bi but also asexual. Homie has never hosed.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
This is the most popular movie ever made but I think we can probably do better if

1. The entire soundtrack is a single Rush album
2. all the characters kiss and jack each other off and say they love to touch each others dicks
3. The plot of 4 is hulk putting together a powerpoint presentation that explains why thanos should have wished for 2x universe instead of .5x population
4. All these fake deaths are replaced by real deaths, RDJ's head is cut off by helicopter blades at the climax of the film
5. The whole thing should be washed out, constantly raining, and at least a third of the movie should be in slow motion
6. Get rid of all the jokes.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

I still can't believe we're in a world with multiple movies featuring Thor, the Guardians and Thanos and all the stuff with the gems and they haven't used a single Hawkwind or Deep Purple song on any of the soundtracks. Like they were able to put 2 and 2 together and use Iron Man at the end of Iron Man but forgot what folks were clearly listening to when these comics were being written and vice versa. Like Avenger 4's entire soundtrack should just be the Hawkwind album Masters of the Universe or Sabbath's Master of Reality.
On that note: how on earth do you manage to put The Chain front and center of the marketing campaign for Guardians 2, and then stop just short of including the bassline in the movie itself?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

Cap is bi but also asexual. Homie has never hosed.

Hot Take: He's an Incel because the process that made him a six foot plus muscle god totally hosed up his dick.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's weird to me that Starlord has the autonomy to go to Earth whenever he wants and loves Earth pop culture but music movies and video games, but he's never gone back for a weekend.

Serf
May 5, 2011

It's weird to me that Starlord has the autonomy to go to Earth whenever he wants and loves Earth pop culture but music movies and video games, but he's never gone back for a weekend.

I think his reasoning is that he doesn't want to go back to the place where his mom died.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Matt Lindland posted:

This is the most popular movie ever made but I think we can probably do better if

1. The entire soundtrack is a single Rush album
2. all the characters kiss and jack each other off and say they love to touch each others dicks
3. The plot of 4 is hulk putting together a powerpoint presentation that explains why thanos should have wished for 2x universe instead of .5x population
4. All these fake deaths are replaced by real deaths, RDJ's head is cut off by helicopter blades at the climax of the film
5. The whole thing should be washed out, constantly raining, and at least a third of the movie should be in slow motion
6. Get rid of all the jokes.

7. The main villian should be visibly aroused at the thought of an anthropomorphic personification of death (not the goddess of death from the last movie, a different female death. A curvy skeleton with boobs, like.)

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
That ship kind of sailed but ideally yeah we'd get some kind of retcon where thanos kisses a skeleton in a wig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He's got the dead mom brain problems about it