Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Morpheus posted:

Is there a goon guild for Sdorica? I've picked it up and am having some fun with it, moreso than other gatchas.

Invite code to Sdorica Goonsquad is b9fef0

I'm still really enjoying it, the story missions are pretty fun and actually start requiring strategy. I really like how you have to have consideration for your team composition as far as who does what role. Also it's not super fanservicey, there's only like two scantily clad female characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

SynthesisAlpha posted:

It means you have to activate the Omega Lumen rune that you have crafted via your four meditations.

Holy poo poo this game is awful at explaining itself. Thank you.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Invite code to Sdorica Goonsquad is b9fef0

I'm still really enjoying it, the story missions are pretty fun and actually start requiring strategy. I really like how you have to have consideration for your team composition as far as who does what role. Also it's not super fanservicey, there's only like two scantily clad female characters.

Being told it's an invalid code :shrug:

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Morpheus posted:

Being told it's an invalid code :shrug:

Which server are you on? Have to be on Stardust Library.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Rubicon posted:

Which server are you on? Have to be on Stardust Library.

Oh, what the gently caress, when you switch servers you lose all of your progress? So much for that 2000 gems I had saved up I guess, and all the progress I had made. What the hell.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Morpheus posted:

Oh, what the gently caress, when you switch servers you lose all of your progress?

Yup, it sucks

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

It has literally killed any and all motivation I had for playing this game. I'll poke at it, I guess, but jesus, nothing quite like being "Oh all those rewards and such you had before? Nah they're garbage. Progress? Gone? Oh man hope you didn't spend any money either else you're hosed there too."

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Worked my way up to level 25, did the 10x pull, got Tica as my SR and a Dagger R. Think I might quit. :suicide:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Morpheus posted:

Oh, what the gently caress, when you switch servers you lose all of your progress? So much for that 2000 gems I had saved up I guess, and all the progress I had made. What the hell.

Do you get it back if you return to the other server?

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

norp posted:

Do you get it back if you return to the other server?

I just tried it, looks like it treats it as separate save files, basically.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Lost Journey (Dreamsky) is free today. Looks like a cute little world-flipping puzzle platformer.

Started Sdorica and applied to the guild, pretty charming.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Is anyone else playing Craft Warriors?
Its a pretty fun game where you have a castle and you upgrade all the parts and edit the layout of the ground and upgrade units and make them in to a squad to attack other people's layouts.
The neat thing is that you can edit every character model to be whatever you want, and you can upload and download them to be used by everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E86gKBdcNck

Of course there are IAP, but I've been playing for a week and seem to be doing fine without paying.
Log in, upgrade my units and buildings, do the battles I can do then log out until the evening.

Brekelefuw fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 6, 2018

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
So I downloaded this dumb King's Raid game and it's okay but is there a guide? I didn't see a link to a thread in the OP. There's so much random currencies (gold, rubies, books, etc) and I don't really know what is going on.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Brekelefuw posted:

Its a pretty fun game where you have a castle and you upgrade all the parts and edit the layout of the ground and upgrade units and make them in to a squad to attack other people's layouts.
The neat thing is that you can edit every character model to be whatever you want, and you can upload and download them to be used by everyone.

Of course there are IAP, but I've been playing for a week and seem to be doing fine without paying.
Log in, upgrade my units and buildings, do the battles I can do then log out until the evening.

I've been playing Hustle Castle, sounds similar.

The one downside is that the optimal strategy to get the best castle dwellers involves running an incest sex cult.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The Sean posted:

So I downloaded this dumb King's Raid game and it's okay but is there a guide? I didn't see a link to a thread in the OP. There's so much random currencies (gold, rubies, books, etc) and I don't really know what is going on.

Come join us here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853535&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Should be a couple of guides in the OP. The currencies are pretty starightforward and only get muddled if you spend money ie lua's tokens and milage.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Brekelefuw posted:

This is fun so far. I'm only level 3. I missed the boat on the Clash heyday so I guess I'm finally getting my freemium base fighting game fix.

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.
So I have been playing the poo poo out of Door Kickers recently after having on my phone for ages and being put off by its guns and cops theme. Its actually an excellent squad based RTS / turn based strategy (depending on your playstyle). My question is does anyone know of anything similar? I have Breach & Clear and Frozen Synapse but I was more looking for other squad based RTS (as thats how I play Door Kickers), any suggestions?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Is there an updated or review site to refer to similar to the OP overview list? Looking for some games but the OP list was last updated in 2015.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Also started Sdorica and applied to the guild. Game seems pretty charming and I actually weirdly appreciate it doesn't give you an instant huge gacha roll. Curbs my usual desire for rerolling.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Anyone interested in a closed beta for an English language version of JRPG Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation can sign up for it here. It's only eligible for folks in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, Singapore, Philippines or Malaysia however.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

Also started Sdorica and applied to the guild. Game seems pretty charming and I actually weirdly appreciate it doesn't give you an instant huge gacha roll. Curbs my usual desire for rerolling.

Bugs the hell out of me when games do that, because everywhere I look it's "Oh did you reroll a hundred times to get the good result? Because otherwise it's all terrible and bad."

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I also appreciate how pulling dupes just gives you the mats for that characters, so even doing something like pulling an SR Tica isn't that bad since it means you can bump her up to SSR. Plus there's no outright junk in the gatcha, just the ~36 characters and that's it. And as of the upcoming patch, you'll be getting some common currency for doing pulls that you can use to make characters you don't already have, so that's some else too.

Also what's 'good' seems pretty wide seeing as you need at least 16 of the characters to make 4 full teams anyway. Plus, some characters can fill different roles because of their alternate skillsets.

I would also not worry about one bad 10x pull because the game throws a lot of gems at you early on, you'll get to make 6-8 free 10x pulls in your first week alone. Just make sure you wait for the event infusions so you have a chance of getting SSRs.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

Anyone interested in a closed beta for an English language version of JRPG Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation can sign up for it here. It's only eligible for folks in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, Singapore, Philippines or Malaysia however.

It's reviews are pretty poo poo.. are those just people being petty/stupid or does it have legitimate problems? I didn't get the option to translate the page.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
it's a gachapon game with bad, like really bad, like makes-f/go-look-good gacha rates. 0.5% for the highest rarity and you get 2 free rolls when you create an account, and by all accounts this is a game where you actually kinda need those max rarity things to get anywhere mechanically.

e: also, unless they changed it from asian launch, you get enough free currency each month to roll...once

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok but are there any good Chies in it?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Are there huge anime titties in it? If so then most of the people who play it wont care about the rest of it.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

okay, sorcery by inkle ltd, do I skip to the most recent one (4), or is it better to play them in order?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

double nine posted:

okay, sorcery by inkle ltd, do I skip to the most recent one (4), or is it better to play them in order?

100% start at the beginning. Everything you do and find carries over to the next chapter. Plus, they are in ascending order for complexity (part 1 is a relatively linear adventure, 2 is a more open city to explore, 3 is fully open world)

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've almost saved up enough Google funbux to buy The Quest. Is it worth it, or should I blow my free cash on something else? FWIW I absolutely loved Questlord.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Montalvo posted:

I've almost saved up enough Google funbux to buy The Quest. Is it worth it, or should I blow my free cash on something else? FWIW I absolutely loved Questlord.

Holy poo poo, this game looks and sounds like it's amazing, from the reviews. I'm also very interested in hearing from other goons about it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Holy poo poo, this game looks and sounds like it's amazing, from the reviews. I'm also very interested in hearing from other goons about it.

I cannot recommend The Quest enough. It plays like an old school Elder Scrolls. The world is huge and actually has a lot of poo poo to explore. 100% you should buy this.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Plus, they are in ascending order for complexity (part 1 is a relatively linear adventure, 2 is a more open city to explore, 3 is fully open world)

Wow really? I played the first one but it felt like kind of a short time and really railroaded for what it cost. Loved the writing though so I'll check out the rest knowing they changed it up a bit

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
FYI though i am sure most of you follow the Video Games Deals thread anyways.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I cannot recommend The Quest enough. It plays like an old school Elder Scrolls. The world is huge and actually has a lot of poo poo to explore. 100% you should buy this.

How does it do with your battery life?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Do you mean like Morrowind, or before that? I recently re-installed Morrowind and by god this would be an instant buy if it's like that.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

hooah posted:

Do you mean like Morrowind, or before that? I recently re-installed Morrowind and by god this would be an instant buy if it's like that.

Some of the reviews on the Play Store are written by people claiming that it feels like Morrowind, but I'm skeptical. I'm going on holiday next week and might give it a whirl there.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I want to try my hand at shooters on my phone, what's the easiest options to get me used to them?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Montalvo posted:

Some of the reviews on the Play Store are written by people claiming that it feels like Morrowind, but I'm skeptical. I'm going on holiday next week and might give it a whirl there.

It is turn based, roguelike style, so the combat isn't the most innovative or amazing. But there is a large world that's fun to explore, quests are everywhere but not thrown in your face, dungeons can be sprawling, there is a load of equipment of all types, skills raise as you use them which leads to level ups (Morrowind style), plenty of dialogue, decent levels of character customization. It feels like playing a Wizardry game that was made by the Morrowind devs.

Battery usages is pretty normal, it didn't really eat it away too badly or heat my phone up too much; I could sit and play for a couple hours at a time with no real issues.

You aren't going to get a 300 hour epic adventure full of near infinite content, but the game is Very Good, and has had numerous expansions released for it. It feels like playing an old school CRPG with inspiration from more modern games. Again, I can not recommend it enough; this game, along with King of Dragon Pass, never leave my phone.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Again, I can not recommend it enough; this game, along with King of Dragon Pass, never leave my phone.

Ok, I keep seeing this one mentioned, and I'd love to know more about it. I really don't know much, so at the risk of sounding sarcastic and rude, what's so great about it? Sell me on it! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

It is turn based, roguelike style, so the combat isn't the most innovative or amazing.

Sold. The trailer looked almost like if it was real time a la Eye of the Beholder, but if it is turn based, that makes it perfect for what I like.
Too bad it does not seem to be party based but you literally just sold me on it.