Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It would be cool if there was a cassowary mech with a heel spike that specialized in deadly kicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Let's get real:

Okay?

Okay.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The Timber Wolf looks derpy and always has. It gets by on pure nestalgia.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Skippy McPants posted:

The Timber Wolf looks derpy and always has. It gets by on pure nestalgia.

Look at this criminal. Disgusting. Where are the thought crimes police.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

so what's this update? an interview it seems

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

:rip: Glitch and Dekker, died in the same catastrophic mission.

Behemoth tho, big girl doesn't gently caress around and I adore her

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

AttackBacon posted:

Let's get real:

Okay?

Okay.

let's get realer

those screensaver pipe arms are garbage

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, the clans have lots of chickenlegs. You know what the clans don't have a lot of?

FISTS

And a chicken leg is pathetic if you wanna deliver a good, strong kick.

Yeah, for a culture so preoccupied with honor dueling the Clans really seem dismissive of the sweet science of robocuffs. I imagine it ties into the whole lore thing of not wastefully mashing up their own mechs or something.

Finally getting home tomorrow and eager to dive into this game seriously.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, the clans have lots of chickenlegs. You know what the clans don't have a lot of?

FISTS

And a chicken leg is pathetic if you wanna deliver a good, strong kick.

rt4 posted:

It would be cool if there was a cassowary mech with a heel spike that specialized in deadly kicks

Hello there. Here's a fun addition from late in the timeline.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Talon_(weapon)

Clan-developed melee weapon that boosts the damage of DFAs.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Sonderval posted:

Think my game might be a bit broken ish, applied the milestone change, did the second Smithson mission, now every planet is one or less skulls?

Is this by design, or have I turbo hosed my game?

Following up on this: did you install the milestone change in the middle of your save? In particular, did you install it after having completed Axylus or Panzyr?

The guy writing the milestone change initially said that it didn't reverse milestone difficulty boosts that had already occurred, but this is only half true and has since been corrected.

It doesn't reverse them when you install the mod, but it DOES reverse them when you hit a milestone where the vanilla game would have boosted difficulty - so if you installed the mod in the middle of a campaign where a vanilla difficulty boost had already occurred, the next milestone will drop your difficulty down to the baseline intended by the milestone mod.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Flavius Belisarius posted:

let's get realer

those screensaver pipe arms are garbage

i think those are more a remnant from the era of cardboard box 80's designs and such. the current mwo iteration looks a lot nicer (like most mwo designs the art is nicer than the actual in game model)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

FunkMonkey posted:

Yeah, for a culture so preoccupied with honor dueling the Clans really seem dismissive of the sweet science of robocuffs. I imagine it ties into the whole lore thing of not wastefully mashing up their own mechs or something.

Finally getting home tomorrow and eager to dive into this game seriously.

It's because Nicholas Kerensky was bad at it so he forbade it, if I remember right. That's the reason for a lot of Clanner weirdness.

Either that or someone DFAed his buddy or something. If the Clanners forbid something weird for no reason, it's because Nicky K personally disliked it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Yeah but that still has about as much agility as a tank built in the 70s because nerds think that futuristic technology that moves like they do is cool.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i think those are more a remnant from the era of cardboard box 80's designs and such. the current mwo iteration looks a lot nicer (like most mwo designs the art is nicer than the actual in game model)

yeah, that's a fine looking mech but i also suspect that someone in the 80s was designing a space ship, realized it looked like mickey mouse, and added arms and legs to compensate.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Night10194 posted:

It's because Nicholas Kerensky was bad at it so he forbade it, if I remember right. That's the reason for a lot of Clanner weirdness.

Either that or someone DFAed his buddy or something. If the Clanners forbid something weird for no reason, it's because Nicky K personally disliked it.

Hahaha what a tool. I want this to be true.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I hired a new pilot to replace my dead Dekkar because I'm pretty sure he used the same VA. Or at least, one that was similar.

Anyway, one guess as to what happened to him.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

yeah, that's a fine looking mech but i also suspect that someone in the 80s was designing a space ship, realized it looked like mickey mouse, and added arms and legs to compensate.

I mean...have you seen the Stalker and the Catapult?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowcaster posted:

I've always felt the MWO's Mad Cat's signature LRM pods were too squat, it looks flattened. But yeah, videogames had solved its noodle arms for ages.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

A lot of the Mechwarrior 4 models were actually pretty good in terms of look and feel. Really captures the "hundred ton weapons platform" aesthetic.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Finally lost Dekker. Was liberating the prison and suddenly everyone decided that it was time to focus fire him. I got a full Jagermech out of the salvage.

But then my game crashed loading the post-mission reports and didn't save anything so I guess it didn't count? :iiam:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

I loaded up a save and killed my target and guards and no objectives in the top left or evac zone. I know this one is hosed, but has anyone seen this and does it mean my save of the mission is hosed or is it just this round cause it didnt trigger something?

I've had this happen on assassinate missions when I kill the target before he gets the chance to run. Reloading a save from before the target died was the only way to fix it without withdrawing.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I'm thinking of restarting and not using Bulwark. It makes the game both too easy and painfully static.

I'm not sure how viable this would be, anyone else try it?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'm thinking of restarting and not using Bulwark. It makes the game both too easy and painfully static.

I'm not sure how viable this would be, anyone else try it?

I run piloting on all my mechwarriors who all pilot mechs with jump jets and the game is fun as hell.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Zigmidge posted:

I run piloting on all my mechwarriors who all pilot mechs with jump jets and the game is fun as hell.
Same, and agreed.

It's very dynamic this way. Max jump jets on everything is the way to go if you want fast fights.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

KPC_Mammon posted:

Could someone repost how to increase the number of contracts per world?

Does the change take effect without restarting the campaign?
\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\simGameConstants\SimGameConstants.json

search for "MaxContractsPerSystem"

it should start working whenever your contracts refresh (so after a few in-game days? after you leave the system? something like that...)

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Certainly explains why they got rid of sex for reproduction.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Clanners as incels explains everything

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I just finished the prison break and got my first heavy mech (probably replacing my Vindicator. My other 3 are centurian, blackjack, shadow).

I've just been using a lot of missiles, also because I didn't know that each pilot is limited to two master skills so uh...I have double Sensor Lock. Whoops.

I want to try and use AC sniper guns, but they're just so heavy. An AC10 weighs like 12 tons, when I can fit like 3 times as many lasers or missiles on that. Am I just supposed to spartan my armor to nil to equip that?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

ACs are heavy, but they also don't need many heatsinks and are great for giving you some offensive power while riding the heat redline. Also an AC/10+ with a damage boost will reach headcapping levels even against fully armored mechs.

Generally though, you're rarely going to have more than one AC/10+ though and rarely more than one or two AC/2s or AC/5s.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mordja posted:

I've always felt the MWO's Mad Cat's signature LRM pods were too squat, it looks flattened. But yeah, videogames had solved its noodle arms for ages.

it fixes the arms but it's still got that thing going on where it looks like the cockpit is a half dome glued to a straight up cube in the back which i never really liked. the mwo one's upper torso looks a bit more, not sure what the word is here, intuitively structured? streamlined?

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Radio Free Kobold posted:

A lot of the Mechwarrior 4 models were actually pretty good in terms of look and feel. Really captures the "hundred ton weapons platform" aesthetic.

I still dislike how squat mwo's Atlas is in comparison to previous iterations. Both Mechwarrior 3 and 4 did a good job at combining classic Battletech 80's aesthetic with "stompy walking tank" , whereas a lot of the newer models seem overly busy, sometimes reminding me of 343's Halo art style at times.

PBJ fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 5, 2018

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Zigmidge posted:

I have 1 bulwark pilot for my heavy armour mech and the rest run pilot/gunnery. Split targetting and shoot then scoot tactics works great for me.

I stil haven't seen a single assault though. I got a Grasshopper, loads of Orions, Quickdraws, Jaegers and so on but only ever vehicles over 80 tonnes. I wa sure hitting a 4 skull mission would get me something but nope. At least I have a nice heavy lance now and got some good mods (cockpit ++ health - yay).

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

rt4 posted:

Clanners as incels explains everything

loving freebirth Chads always ruining my chances at a blood name. Why is an Honorable Guy like me always overlooked at the trials?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ratzap posted:

I have 1 bulwark pilot for my heavy armour mech and the rest run pilot/gunnery. Split targetting and shoot then scoot tactics works great for me.

I stil haven't seen a single assault though. I got a Grasshopper, loads of Orions, Quickdraws, Jaegers and so on but only ever vehicles over 80 tonnes. I wa sure hitting a 4 skull mission would get me something but nope. At least I have a nice heavy lance now and got some good mods (cockpit ++ health - yay).

I just had a mission where the opposition was a Highlander and a Locust

so uh, free assault mech for me

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

After using this firestarter I loving want a Grasshopper this run. I didn't see a single one my entire playthrough the first time.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

The Catapult, Mad Cat and the TIE Fighter all take their cockpit design from the nose gunner section of a B-17/B-24/B-26 so that's why they all look like a space ship.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

it fixes the arms but it's still got that thing going on where it looks like the cockpit is a half dome glued to a straight up cube in the back which i never really liked. the mwo one's upper torso looks a bit more, not sure what the word is here, intuitively structured? streamlined?

Integrated?

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

So the game is telling me that the next mission, Coromodir, is a point of no return and I feel like I'm getting near the end of the campaign after 40-50hrs.

Is this actually the last mission? If not, am I close?
And if so, can I keep playing merc missions after I've beaten the campaign?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Eej posted:

The Catapult, Mad Cat and the TIE Fighter all take their cockpit design from the nose gunner section of a B-17/B-24/B-26 so that's why they all look like a space ship.

And for a hot minute robot artists on deviantart loved putting Hind double-bubble canopies onto their designs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yes, you can keep playing after the last mission.

You are at the last two missions