Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

everdave posted:

Also would y’all call out ex wife for stalking work and home trying to see what im doing or just tell lawyer?
Play the long game, and play it straight. That's the main thing.

Enourmo posted:

Also at my graduation ceremony there were a few dozen people who did the Wakanda salute from Black Panther after walking, all black. Pretty cool imo.

There were also some people who dabbed, and Every Single One of them was white as the winter snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Shamelessly screenshot from Instagram.

What head is this? OHC, 8 valve, NOT cross flow, are those ports for injectors? It it from a tractor? Is it a diesel?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nissan L series? They're OHC without being cross flow.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

I got it. VW 8 valve 1.8.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
FIL was just in a huge wreck the wife is out there trying to get it together. He's alive but man.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Enourmo posted:

Well the graduation ceremony was yesterday, better check the online page and make sure I actually passed all my-

Do you go to PSU too or do our schools just use the same LMS.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Mr-Spain posted:

FIL was just in a huge wreck the wife is out there trying to get it together. He's alive but man.

Yikes, sorry to hear it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

InitialDave posted:

Any UK guys going to Japfest on Sunday?

I had intended to spend the day welding the rotbox but it seems someone bought a ticket for me :argh:

Will likely be rolling down in a friend's S2000 with the roof down like a couple of party boys.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I had intended to spend the day welding the rotbox but it seems someone bought a ticket for me :argh:

Will likely be rolling down in a friend's S2000 with the roof down like a couple of party boys.
Cool, I'm just nailing the Daihatsu's interior back together to take that, will be with the Kei Cars In The Park lot.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Cool, I'm just nailing the Daihatsu's interior back together to take that, will be with the Kei Cars In The Park lot.

I'll attempt to find it, keis are always the more interesting side of things at Japfest.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Enourmo posted:

Well the graduation ceremony was yesterday, better check the online page and make sure I actually passed all my-

Congrats!

Mr-Spain posted:

That's terrible, I hope he'll be okay.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Enourmo posted:

:drat: Nicely done man, and here you were super worried. You've got this

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Black. Also, I love your truck.
Hmm black could work. Wonder how long it would take the wife to notice if I did black on one side and white on the other...

quote:

New wheels and tires are going on the F100 today. Pretty standard d-window wheels in silver finish. I may have to toss a coat of white plastidip on them to see how it looks. Ignoring the wheels on there...white wheels for baby blue truck?

AFTER

Finn helped so he's filthy as hell but crashed in front of a fan the second we stepped back inside

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Today is my last day at work and I made a big mistake. But it's my last day so whatever. But it was a big mistake.

Classes start monday and that's all that matters.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Great work enourmo. You done good.

Rhyno posted:

Ugh, the MS6 is making stupid noises. I hate car.
Time for the 135i you’ve been dreaming about :pervert:

So I’ve have an interesting 24 hours. Came to Las Vegas with Mrs Heroic for a work thing and a getaway weekend from home and kids. Went to whole foods immediately after landing to get some food stuff for the wife (dietary needs) and I grabbed a couple slices of pizza. I ate them at the little cafe and we went to leave to check into our hotel. I start the car and I am not feeling well.

Got out of the car to :barf: into some bushes. It was not pleasant and not enough came out. Cue my body completely seizing up and things getting veeery foggy. I had walked some distance away so my wife couldn’t see me and I couldn’t move. I had barely enough cognitive skills to call her. A worker from a nearby store came out and was like are you okay? I said no, and asked her to find my wife. They did. I told them I needed an ambulance. Half my body was going numb and my hands were cramping into a claw.
I’ve never ridden in one before. I knew if I moved I’d pass out. Ambulance took forever. Absolutely heaved my guts out at the ER as we arrived. Bonus points for not puking in the ambulance or all over myself!
They hook me up on an IV. I sleep for an hour. Get up and ask to go to the bathroom. poo poo my brains out and puke more (those barf bags are great). After that I felt great. Felt totally normal. Doc comes and asks how I am. I tell him I feel great. Then he says ‘wellll, it looks like you have pancreatitis from your blood work. We’re going to admit you and you’ll be at least spending the night while we get more tests done and get an ultrasound done.’ Holy poo poo what?

So yeah. My wife ended up going to check in our hotel at like 1030 at night. I stayed at the hospital. An additional ball buster is that all $50 of the food we bought at Whole Foods went bad because it was sitting in a hot car for ~8 hours. Good news is I should be discharged this morning.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

NitroSpazzz posted:

AFTER

Finn helped so he's filthy as hell but crashed in front of a fan the second we stepped back inside

I like that better than the white or black options. Nicely period and highlights the perfect amount of dish in the back.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Nope, he's only been married a month and she's already cut his nuts:

Rhyno posted:

Part of the compromise means she doesn't want me buying another car until we either move or I sell 1 of the current ones and promise to sell the other afterwards. I can live with that.

Edit: and drat, that :barf: story is intense, hope you get out quickly and are able to have a good time in Vegas.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 5, 2018

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Then he says ‘wellll, it looks like you have pancreatitis from your blood work. We’re going to admit you and you’ll be at least spending the night while we get more tests done and get an ultrasound done.’ Holy poo poo what?

drat man. Feel better. Those IV fluids feel great when you're down eh?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Change of plan, I get to stay home and weld all day. :dance:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Somewhat Heroic posted:

So I’ve have an interesting 24 hours. Came to Las Vegas with Mrs Heroic for a work thing and a getaway weekend from home and kids. Went to whole foods immediately after landing to get some food stuff for the wife (dietary needs) and I grabbed a couple slices of pizza. I ate them at the little cafe and we went to leave to check into our hotel. I start the car and I am not feeling well.

Got out of the car to :barf: into some bushes. It was not pleasant and not enough came out. Cue my body completely seizing up and things getting veeery foggy. I had walked some distance away so my wife couldn’t see me and I couldn’t move. I had barely enough cognitive skills to call her. A worker from a nearby store came out and was like are you okay? I said no, and asked her to find my wife. They did. I told them I needed an ambulance. Half my body was going numb and my hands were cramping into a claw.
I’ve never ridden in one before. I knew if I moved I’d pass out. Ambulance took forever. Absolutely heaved my guts out at the ER as we arrived. Bonus points for not puking in the ambulance or all over myself!
They hook me up on an IV. I sleep for an hour. Get up and ask to go to the bathroom. poo poo my brains out and puke more (those barf bags are great). After that I felt great. Felt totally normal. Doc comes and asks how I am. I tell him I feel great. Then he says ‘wellll, it looks like you have pancreatitis from your blood work. We’re going to admit you and you’ll be at least spending the night while we get more tests done and get an ultrasound done.’ Holy poo poo what?

So yeah. My wife ended up going to check in our hotel at like 1030 at night. I stayed at the hospital. An additional ball buster is that all $50 of the food we bought at Whole Foods went bad because it was sitting in a hot car for ~8 hours. Good news is I should be discharged this morning.

That's loving horrible dude, drat. Hope you feel better now.

Also, totally not trying to be a dick question, but I'm super curious. You're Mormon, correct? What in Vegas are you able to do within the confines of that? I know caffeine, booze etc are off the table, but what about the gambling or the shows that exist purely based off the support of that, or exist to only prop up those industries? I'm genuinely curious, and it's one of those things I always wonder about with any of the more 'restrictive' faiths when it comes to places like that. You obviously don't have to answer, I just doubt I'll get a better chance to ask :v:

Also, working in the new house and just got the Wi-Fi installed and set up. So of course I continued to work hard since the wife will be here in an hour, not immediately start streaming a race and drinking...

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Today is my last day at work and I made a big mistake. But it's my last day so whatever. But it was a big mistake.

Classes start monday and that's all that matters.

Like.. somebody died big, or poo poo, I'm gonna get written up for this big? Also, grats on class starting, and good luck!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

So I’ve have an interesting 24 hours.
:words:

Yikes... glad you are feeling better. Hope that the doctors are able to run down the root cause and treat it without too much discomfort to either you, or your wallet. Good luck!

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Not all elevated lipase levels are pancreatitis per se; you could simply have been dehydrated (hence all of the cramping). We sometimes see non-specific elevations of lipase in biliary colic, so that's a possibility especially if you have a history of cramping and nausea with fatty foods (like the pizza you ate), and gallstones themselves are the primary cause of pancreatitis anyway. That ultrasound would at least clear things up a bit.

Regardless, I'm glad you're feeling better.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I need to vent.

A close friend of mine has had on-again, off-again drug problems, has done a little time over them in county, but has a drat good job with a major bank. I've done my share of drugs (possibly enough for the entire population of mainland China), but all I do now is a little :420: (and even that's rare). Last night he called me in a panic, sounding very not sober, and asking me if he's going to live. I asked him what he was on. Ketamine. Tell him to try to put on some music, take some deep breaths, he's just on the verge of a K-hole, and I'll be over ASAP.

I get there, and.... he looks like absolute poo poo. He looks like he hasn't shaved in a couple of weeks (very unusual for him, as he works for a large bank and has to be well groomed), he's pale, really shaky, dropped some weight (not a big guy to begin with), etc. He's come down a bit by then and is somewhat coherent. We're talking, and I see a goddamned mountain of the poo poo on a plate. I don't mean enough for a couple of lines. I mean enough to plunge everyone at a large party into a deep, dark k-hole, repeatedly and painfully, without lube. I'd ballpark an ounce or so, if I had to guess.

Turns out he hasn't been to work in a couple of weeks. :cripes: He also had an ER visit a few days ago for what sounded like a panic attack, but his bloodwork showed a lot of bad poo poo (liver and kidney issues). I go to the bathroom for a minute, come back out, and find him standing there a bit dazed... with a straw in his hand and a bit of powder on his nostril. poo poo, did he really rail enough to go into a hole that quick? Usually it takes several minutes to start kicking in, unless you do a line large enough to knock an elephant on its rear end. Cue him eventually falling down (caught him). Great, he's in a hole again. A deep one. After about 45 minutes, starts mumbling, asking if he's going to live through this. A K hole doesn't usually last that long unless you've done a ton. He finally sobers up enough to somewhat walk. I walk him to his bedroom, tell him to get some sleep, I go try to take a nap on the couch.

I wake up a bit later to a *SNIFFFFFFFFFFF*, look up, and... well yeah, you know where this is going. gently caress.

I've seen addiction up close and personal. I've had my own battles with addiction. I've lost a lot of friends to drugs over the years. I'm pretty sure I was looking death in the eye.

I've asked some mutual friends to keep an eye on him, and I've also spoken to his mom (who, being a mother, had already figured out he had relapsed on something, as he hadn't made much sense on the phone lately); I couldn't handle being around the situation any longer (especially after being awake nearly 24 hours; he called when I was about to go to bed, I finally left about an hour ago). They're going to be checking in on him, I'm going to be checking in on him. Hopefully he comes to his senses before he kills himself. Hopefully one of us knocks enough sense into him to quit.

I'm gonna go sit in the corner and freak out a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You should have laid him down and then flushed his drugs.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

You should have laid him down and then finished his drugs.

Edit: as I hit post Dinosaur Jr. - Feel the Pain started playing. I feel like that's appropriate.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The Locator posted:

Like.. somebody died big, or poo poo, I'm gonna get written up for this big? Also, grats on class starting, and good luck!

Thank you! The mistake was letting on some stuff related to my avatar with a person I've worked side-by-side with for 8 months who I thought was very cool and good. But, despite how much you think you know about a person, they can be extremely lovely. As a side bonus, I learned a bit more about the opinions of the supervisors in the burn center, and can only hope that they are gone when I hopefully graduate Dec 2019 or I won't be applying here again.

It was a big dumb ol' mistake spurred by happiness. However, everything can be seen as a learning experience and the bigger the mistake, the bigger the lesson, and that's always something to celebrate.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I just recently discovered some spicy pickles called Wickles Pickles and holy poo poo are they good I can't stop eating them somebody help

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

It was a big dumb ol' mistake spurred by happiness. However, everything can be seen as a learning experience and the bigger the mistake, the bigger the lesson, and that's always something to celebrate.

And that was the first time I stuck my dick in a blender...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I just recently discovered some spicy pickles called Wickles Pickles and holy poo poo are they good I can't stop eating them somebody help
An entire jar of pickles is like 32 calories. This is like a "help I'm addicted to pot" post.

Eat the pickles.

e: unless you're worried about your butthole, I have no advice for you there

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Hanging out in a lawn chair at our cabin working on a song for my friends wedding. Despite a recently fallen tree next to me this is a fantastic way to spend a Saturday.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I was looking for something to do this summer anyway.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

e: unless you're worried about your butthole, I have no advice for you there

Yeah this, they are really hot but just enough to keep going you know.

If I eat ice cream after it helps right

[e] cool cabin, I'd love to have a cabin someday

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Thank you! The mistake was letting on some stuff related to my avatar with a person I've worked side-by-side with for 8 months who I thought was very cool and good. But, despite how much you think you know about a person, they can be extremely lovely. As a side bonus, I learned a bit more about the opinions of the supervisors in the burn center, and can only hope that they are gone when I hopefully graduate Dec 2019 or I won't be applying here again.

Yeah it's never a good idea to bring up anime at work, at least the weaboo paddle didn't come out

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Raluek posted:

Yeah it's never a good idea to bring up anime at work, at least the weaboo paddle didn't come out

HOW DID YOU KNOW?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Change of plan, I get to stay home and weld all day. :dance:
Ah well. Still, that's pretty much what I'd be doing if I weren't going to the show. I didn't even know about it until a fellow Daihatsu owner asked if I wanted to come.

Running through other posts:
Metal Geir Skogul: I'm not sure I'm following what you actually did, but if no-ones dead and you haven't cost the business a million or two, it can't be that big a cockup.
Somewhat Heroic: That's... Not good. Hopefully it'll turn out to be something relatively minor.
STR: However it turns out, there's only so much you can do to help people sometimes. But failing everything else:

Rhyno posted:

You should have flushed his drugs and then laid him.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

InitialDave posted:

Running through other posts:
Metal Geir Skogul: I'm not sure I'm following what you actually did, but if no-ones dead and you haven't cost the business a million or two, it can't be that big a cockup.

Seems like the mistake was "opening up about personal poo poo to coworkers", nothing actually job related. I can definitely relate, I mentioned depression to a coworker once and for a few weeks I was getting needled about it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Enourmo posted:

Seems like the mistake was "opening up about personal poo poo to coworkers", nothing actually job related. I can definitely relate, I mentioned depression to a coworker once and for a few weeks I was getting needled about it.

Pretty much. They open up to me, but can't take it back. Oh well.

Arizona is at least progressive in one area I guess (?)

https://twitter.com/KellyTownsend11/status/992576176953610241

https://twitter.com/Dinosaucy/status/992630872879775744

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 5, 2018

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

STR posted:

I need to vent.
There is a point where incapacitation becomes so severe that one could attempt to initiate an involuntary psychiatric hold. This generally is also the point where the subject of such a hold -- regardless of whether a psychiatrist upholds it or denies it -- blows up and cuts ties with the person who filled out the paperwork, so that's one loving big caveat there. I've seen the outcomes go both ways: some people finally realize they've hit rock bottom and take steps toward sobriety, and others simply aren't ready to confront their addictions. Personally speaking, I wouldn't 302 someone unless they presented a clear and imminent danger to their own life or were so far gone that they might literally die if someone did not assume care, but if someone is recklessly doing enormous amounts of drugs a psychiatrist might very well take that as a sort of surrogate marker of suicidality.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I thought my day was fairly exciting when I found an old can of Back To Black and tarted up my plastic trim.

I feel somewhat dull in comparison to you all.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm watching my 12 year relationship crumble around me. I don't think she's noticing it's really bad. She has no job, no car, we're not married, everything is in my name, no common law and I'm 99% sure she's assuming the now 18 y/o kid (who isn't actually mine) is just going to move in. I have no interest in saving something she's barely invested in or cares about.

I'm not sure how I get out of this, I'm not really asking for advice and I have no clue why I'm even telling the internet but my shift ends in an hour and I just want to get smashed which isn't terribly different than any other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Just walk away and not give a poo poo.

• Locked thread