Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dehry posted:

The Phantom Theives of CHARs found an interesting batch of text referring to an unused dungeon.

https://pastebin.com/JwPcdzsm Spoilers

Thank god. I don't think the game coulda handled *ANOTHER* dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dehry posted:

The Phantom Theives of CHARs found an interesting batch of text referring to an unused dungeon.

So I guess either Akechi wasn't going to be the traitor, which introduces a big plot hole, or they'd just have Morgana go "Oops, I guess Persona-users can have palaces". Alternately I could see maybe that being a special dungeon for New Game+ where if you get it you get to keep Akechi on your team for endgame?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dehry posted:

I was kind of hoping that Akechi had been the final palace/boss instead of Yaldaboth or whatever his name was. What disappointed me was how quickly he got dispatched after you square off with him in Shido's Cruiser.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Max Wilco posted:

I was kind of hoping that Akechi had been the final palace/boss instead of Yaldaboth or whatever his name was. What disappointed me was how quickly he got dispatched after you square off with him in Shido's Cruiser.

Of course he was dealt with quickly for despite everything he had done, he was still a loving chump when the pressure was put on him.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Dehry posted:

this is really rad and now I'm disappointed we missed this potential character arc.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TwoPair posted:

So I guess either Akechi wasn't going to be the traitor, which introduces a big plot hole, or they'd just have Morgana go "Oops, I guess Persona-users can have palaces". Alternately I could see maybe that being a special dungeon for New Game+ where if you get it you get to keep Akechi on your team for endgame?

I think the implication would be that since Akechi didn't awaken to his Persona naturally but was instead given it by fake Igor, he can have a Palace. Still doesn't really make sense but it's somewhat justifiable I guess.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Ugh, im replaying this game and the part where the game outright takes 2 weeks from your wallet and burns them so you can play with futaba and go on the school trip sucks loving rear end. Worst part of the game easily. I haven't played in days just because I don't want to deal with that poo poo. Anybody got an end dat so I know when I'm free again?

also the P5 school trip is lame as hell and it sucks compared to the P4 one

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Wow the end has like five scenes that would’ve satisfactorily ended the story but it just... keeps... going.

Would I like P4 if I enjoy the character stuff but hate the mythology and all the “the world is what you want it to be” moralizing?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

snoremac posted:

Wow the end has like five scenes that would’ve satisfactorily ended the story but it just... keeps... going.

Would I like P4 if I enjoy the character stuff but hate the mythology and all the “the world is what you want it to be” moralizing?

Probably about as much as you enjoyed P5, however much that was

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

why does kawakami have so many loving roadblocks in her link. You can't get past seven during summer, because you have to be at school to get the cutscene. Then you have to do her mementos request. Then you rank her up again and start the romance, but you can't actually start it until the next time you rank up after that. One loving day, I'm getting hosed out of the hawaii date over one loving day. I so thought I was gonna get it this time dammit 😤😭

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

why does kawakami have so many loving roadblocks in her link. You can't get past seven during summer, because you have to be at school to get the cutscene. Then you have to do her mementos request. Then you rank her up again and start the romance, but you can't actually start it until the next time you rank up after that. One loving day, I'm getting hosed out of the hawaii date over one loving day. I so thought I was gonna get it this time dammit 😤😭

Don’t date your teacher

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

suck my rear end prude

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

I swear to god if they take the older ladies out because of all the stupid bitching in p6 imma be so flippin mad

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ok

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I swear to god if they take the older ladies out because of all the stupid bitching in p6 imma be so flippin mad

Take Ohya please

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Atlus is collecting stats and if you didn't date Ohya they marked you down for "delete all hot older anime ladies"

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Take Ohya please

Don't worry bro, I'm gonna try. She has the worst perks tho so shes on the backburner

I decided to try hifumis this time, I haven't done her hawaii date before so Its not all bad 👍🏻

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

yeah dude atlus cares a lot about what 40 year old westerners say about their games

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

yeah dude atlus cares a lot about what 40 year old westerners say about their games

Can confirm. My dad works for Nintendo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Don't worry bro, I'm gonna try. She has the worst perks tho so shes on the backburner

I decided to try hifumis this time, I haven't done her hawaii date before so Its not all bad 👍🏻

Yeah I don't get how lowering your awareness rate is even useful. You'd have to be super lovely at the game to be raising your awareness to the level it's necessary.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

Yeah I don't get how lowering your awareness rate is even useful. You'd have to be super lovely at the game to be raising your awareness to the level it's necessary.

The charisma boost is always useful.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

snoremac posted:

If you're just here for the characters, then P4 Golden would definitely be worth checking out. Most of your social links have tons of extra scenes, and the extra month they added to the game makes it much easier to max everyone out.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Yeah fr. Ohya's story isn't even bad, its just she provides straight up no benefit to you. I have no problems with her but 9 times outta ten I'm gonna hang out with someone else so I get something out of it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like how Ohya's Max Confidant ability is loving mistranslated, which is good because if it was accurate it would be actively detrimental

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
What’s the translation of it? All the guides I found tell you what it actually does.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Endorph posted:

I’m 33. Topic Locked.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What’s the translation of it? All the guides I found tell you what it actually does.

Maybe it's just the Megaten wiki's version of it, but it says that the "security level will not increase" which is just flat-out loving wrong.

E: Nope, it's in the actual game.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

Arist posted:

Maybe it's just the Megaten wiki's version of it, but it says that the "security level will not increase" which is just flat-out loving wrong.

E: Nope, it's in the actual game.

Wait, really? Then what does it even do?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BlackFrost posted:

Wait, really? Then what does it even do?

It just lowers it additionally to 3% per detection and causes the security level to drop to 0% overnight. It does not by any means prevent it from rising at all, which would be terrible for people looking for Treasure Demons.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

Arist posted:

It just lowers it additionally to 3% per detection and causes the security level to drop to 0% overnight. It does not by any means prevent it from rising at all, which would be terrible for people looking for Treasure Demons.

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't know Treasure Demons were affected by the security level, does raising it boost their odds to appear? That's good to know if I ever get around to finishing my NG+ run.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

BlackFrost posted:

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't know Treasure Demons were affected by the security level, does raising it boost their odds to appear? That's good to know if I ever get around to finishing my NG+ run.

Yeah, higher security level means more enemy spawns and more treasure demon spawns in particular. The best time to go treasure hunting is when you deliver the calling card and security level is locked at 95%

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Alacron posted:

Yeah, higher security level means more enemy spawns and more treasure demon spawns in particular. The best time to go treasure hunting is when you deliver the calling card and security level is locked at 95%

I found the Treasure Traps did more than enough of a job getting the Treasure Demons to show up. Though that's not as viable in the early game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Endorph posted:

Wouldn’t 40 year olds be the main audience for that.

You know got to live the fantasy.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Max Wilco posted:

What disappointed me was how quickly he got dispatched after you square off with him in Shido's Cruiser.

There's no way they don't run this back in P5C, me and pretty much everyone I know who played were waiting for him to jump back out all the way up to and practically including Yaldabaoth, because they gave him such an incredibly blatant "Pffft, they're not dead" moment and then no, they actually did decide to end him on the most "Welp" note.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

I'm a dad. :laffo:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is blurting out "I love you" at the end of Futaba's social link a bad translation of a japanese term that does not have a direct english equivalent?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Yardbomb posted:

There's no way they don't run this back in P5C, me and pretty much everyone I know who played were waiting for him to jump back out all the way up to and practically including Yaldabaoth, because they gave him such an incredibly blatant "Pffft, they're not dead" moment and then no, they actually did decide to end him on the most "Welp" note.

Would they even do an expansion? There's already a 'Ultimate Edition' bundle for P5 that comes with all the DLC. I don't know what the time frame is between the I know P3 has FES and P4 had Golden, but I don't know what the time frame was between when the base games launched and the expanded versions hit, but P5 got released in Japan back in September 2016. I'd think if they wanted to do Persona 5: Red or something, they'd have in the works already. Plus, didn't the director leave after they finished working on the game?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

Huh? The game states around the time you beat him is that a corpse was found that was heavily mutilated beyond the point of recognition that is implied to be him. More importantly all his narrative drive had finished with the defeat of Shido so it makes no sense for him to show up again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

Would they even do an expansion? There's already a 'Ultimate Edition' bundle for P5 that comes with all the DLC. I don't know what the time frame is between the I know P3 has FES and P4 had Golden, but I don't know what the time frame was between when the base games launched and the expanded versions hit, but P5 got released in Japan back in September 2016. I'd think if they wanted to do Persona 5: Red or something, they'd have in the works already. Plus, didn't the director leave after they finished working on the game?
The director (Katsura Hashino) still works at Atlus, he just went onto a new project and said he didn't want to do any new Persona games. Both Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden had different directors from the games themselves, anyway. P3P was directed by Azusa Kido (was one of the leads on Persona Q, did planning for the main story in P4 and P5) and P4G was directed by Daiki Ito, who was the lead S. Link writer on P5. Either of those two could step up to direct a P5 expansion, and probably a P6 if they decide to do one without Hashino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Hunt11 posted:

Huh? The game states around the time you beat him is that a corpse was found that was heavily mutilated beyond the point of recognition that is implied to be him. More importantly all his narrative drive had finished with the defeat of Shido so it makes no sense for him to show up again.

I interpret that as misdirection meant to make you think Sojiro had been killed. If I'm remembering the timeline right.

Onomarchus fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 8, 2018