Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

signalnoise posted:

I want more games like Persona and Yakuza with the specific angle being games that have tons and tons of characterization with at least somewhat intricate narratives such that it is gripping. I want the story to take the spotlight, not the gameplay necessarily, but I want the gameplay to still be good. I also would like, if at all possible, for these games to not be menu-driven, and for the protagonist(s) to have a very strong will to overcome whatever is in their way as their dominant character trait. I want a carefully crafted story, so branching plot is not at all something I care about.

What are the gems I'm missing here

It's a visual novel so it doesn't really have any gameplay, but Umineko no Naku Koro Ni has a fantastic and intricate narrative and a protagonist who is almost completely driven by his desire to solve the murders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

For a vn with gameplay, Danganronpa.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

McFrugal posted:

The Witness was pretty good, despite only being a little bit less pretentious than I expected. I didn't wind up taking many real notes, mostly just worked out puzzles on paper for the most part. That was satisfying too though.

Anyone got a recommendation for a game where I need to take notes or otherwise use a notepad? I wouldn't mind playing an old game for this, even.

Any adventure game? Pick up a Zork and go to town.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

A Mind Forever Voyaging?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

McFrugal posted:

The Witness was pretty good, despite only being a little bit less pretentious than I expected. I didn't wind up taking many real notes, mostly just worked out puzzles on paper for the most part. That was satisfying too though.

Anyone got a recommendation for a game where I need to take notes or otherwise use a notepad? I wouldn't mind playing an old game for this, even.

I'll say the obvious and say Myst. Though I recommend RealMyst as the original interface is a chore.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

signalnoise posted:

I want more games like Persona and Yakuza with the specific angle being games that have tons and tons of characterization with at least somewhat intricate narratives such that it is gripping. I want the story to take the spotlight, not the gameplay necessarily, but I want the gameplay to still be good. I also would like, if at all possible, for these games to not be menu-driven, and for the protagonist(s) to have a very strong will to overcome whatever is in their way as their dominant character trait. I want a carefully crafted story, so branching plot is not at all something I care about.

What are the gems I'm missing here

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice tells a powerful story about a grieving Celtic warrior with mental illness who journeys into viking hell. There is no tutorial, no skill tree, no inventory, no UI even, and the narrative is extremely focused, taking about 6-8 hours to complete. The lead's performance was done all with real-time motion capture and it's extraordinary, winning a whole bunch of awards this year. The gameplay is an even blend of some competent but simple hack & slash combat, puzzle solving, and atmospheric exploration sections. The visuals and audio were engineered in a way to simulate the effects of extreme psychosis. Playing with headphones is a must.

If you haven't played this in some form already, the Shadow of the Colossus remake for PS4 is absolutely beautiful and tells a similar story about a lone warrior venturing into a forbidden land to save the soul of their beloved. He makes a bargain with a supernatural presence that promises to restore her life if he can slay 16 great colossi that wander the land. There's almost no dialogue in the entire game -- the story is instead told through player inference and the act of hunting down the great colossi themselves. "Haunting" would be the best way to describe SotC. It's one of those games you think about long after it's over.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Any adventure game? Pick up a Zork and go to town.

If you're going to play interactive fiction, the genre's still alive and well and there are a lot of high-quality puzzly entries these days that, unlike Zork, benefit from 30 years' worth of improvements in understanding the genre. I recommend Spider and Web, Counterfeit Monkey, and Lost Pig.

EDIT: have a top 50 list

TooMuchAbstraction fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 6, 2018

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Specific but also vague request and kinda ridiculous request here, so I have no huge expectations but I'm definitely curious if there's anything I dont know about out there.

We suffered a (relatively) big windstorm up here in Ontario, tree's toppling over and such, and it made me wonder if there is a game where the weather is a tangible element in the game-play and atmosphere of a game. Mostly I enjoy the contrast between steel grey/green storms with howling winds and lashing rain and the remarkable peace of the immediate aftermath, sunshine and scudding clouds atop the storm-damaged wrecks.

Zelda BOW has come closest to this I think...with the lightening storms presenting some danger and the wind and rain having both a real impact on game-play and immersive and atmospheric transitions, though changes in weather are (neccessarily) a bit rapid

Shot in the dark, is there anything else like this....perhaps in a survival setting? I'm imagining hunkering down during a rain storm by a lake and then watching it steam and fog as the rain dissipates and the sun comes out.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Skyrim, modded with Frostfall.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

If you're going to play interactive fiction, the genre's still alive and well and there are a lot of high-quality puzzly entries these days that, unlike Zork, benefit from 30 years' worth of improvements in understanding the genre. I recommend Spider and Web, Counterfeit Monkey, and Lost Pig.

Open Sorcery is another very good IF that came out after this list.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Really Pants posted:

Open Sorcery is another very good IF that came out after this list.

For that matter, Sorcery! on mobile is an excellent series of illustrated and semi-animated IF.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

Simiain posted:

Specific but also vague request and kinda ridiculous request here, so I have no huge expectations but I'm definitely curious if there's anything I dont know about out there.

We suffered a (relatively) big windstorm up here in Ontario, tree's toppling over and such, and it made me wonder if there is a game where the weather is a tangible element in the game-play and atmosphere of a game. Mostly I enjoy the contrast between steel grey/green storms with howling winds and lashing rain and the remarkable peace of the immediate aftermath, sunshine and scudding clouds atop the storm-damaged wrecks.

Zelda BOW has come closest to this I think...with the lightening storms presenting some danger and the wind and rain having both a real impact on game-play and immersive and atmospheric transitions, though changes in weather are (neccessarily) a bit rapid

Shot in the dark, is there anything else like this....perhaps in a survival setting? I'm imagining hunkering down during a rain storm by a lake and then watching it steam and fog as the rain dissipates and the sun comes out.

Not exactly what you're looking for but STALKER Call of Pripyat has some really atmospheric storms, as well as the occasional emission which forces you to find cover or immediately die. I recall making my way to some destination or another and receiving a warning for an emission and booking it for the nearest shelter and waiting out the event. It also counts as a survival game since you basically have to scavenge almost all of your equipment, and you can up the survival feel with a mod like Misery. Another poster also mentioned it but you can get the Call of Chernobyl mod and wander around a huge map and just soak in the atmosphere if you want.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

For all its faults Fallout 4 had great atmosphere and the rad storms were, well, rad. Green skies, limited visibility, Geiger counter going off the charts. It’s fun having to find shelter (and maybe kill for it) when one of those starts going off.

There’s also Survival mode in The Division. It’s part of a much larger loot-shooter (I wish it was available separately) but it has some of the best storm atmosphere I’ve seen in a game. The snow effects, the constant struggle to stay warm, and the environmental detail really sell the idea of a bitterly cold snowed-in New York. It’s also fun as all hell, especially with a friend or two.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Simiain posted:

I'll recommend Ori and the Blind Forest here. It's not exactly weather, but it will definitely give you a feel for the awesome and terrible power of nature.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Rain World has well, rain. But as far as I know if you "see" the rain you're already dead? Only played some of the tutorial, really should get back to it but I'm more into turn-based stuff at the moment.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The General posted:

I'll say the obvious and say Myst. Though I recommend RealMyst as the original interface is a chore.

Seconding with the additional recommendation of the entire Myst series. realMyst Masterpiece edition, Riven, Myst 3 & 4 (coming soon to digital distro), and Uru/Myst Online & Myst 5 to a slightly lesser extent. Plus their spiritual successor, Obduction.

On the indie side of things, The Eyes of Ara and Quern - Undying Thoughts are pretty dense Myst-likes.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

exquisite tea posted:

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice tells a powerful story about a grieving Celtic warrior with mental illness who journeys into viking hell. There is no tutorial, no skill tree, no inventory, no UI even, and the narrative is extremely focused, taking about 6-8 hours to complete. The lead's performance was done all with real-time motion capture and it's extraordinary, winning a whole bunch of awards this year. The gameplay is an even blend of some competent but simple hack & slash combat, puzzle solving, and atmospheric exploration sections. The visuals and audio were engineered in a way to simulate the effects of extreme psychosis. Playing with headphones is a must.

I'd like to add that I really enjoyed this game, but, at least at the time I played it, there was no way to turn off the headbob effect and I had to play it in 20 minute spurts because of the motion sickness, which detracted from the immersion a bit :smith:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Strongly seconding this. The old Infocom games are really only good for nostalgia; as games, they're a bit poo poo, full of trial and error, arbitrary game-wide time limits, and badly designed parsers.

Spider and Web on the other hand is fantastic and interactive fiction in general has come a long way since the 90s.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Simiain posted:

The Long Dark and (serious answer) Rise of the Tomb Raider's endurance mode DLC.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Rain World has well, rain. But as far as I know if you "see" the rain you're already dead? Only played some of the tutorial, really should get back to it but I'm more into turn-based stuff at the moment.

Well, if you're very near a shelter that you can get to without exposing yourself directly to the rain, you can still survive. The shelters never lock you out, only in.

Rain World is good if you like slowly learning the ins and outs of a game's movement system and enemy mechanics while dying repeatedly. I actually recommend spoiling yourself on the movement system though, as it's more fun if you can move around a little faster. Rain World is also good if you like games that hide the lore from you, because boy howdy does Rain World like hiding its lore. You have to get through half the game before you find someone friendly who can talk to you, and then most of the lore discoveries come through that single person. Just note that if you play as Monk you can't access some of the game's lore.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Simiain posted:

Frostpunk is a building/management game that has a great atmosphere and is all about surviving extremely cold storms and wondering if the next one is going to be worse.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Somebody tell me about the Persona series? What are they? What titles are there and what systems are they on? Where do I start and does that matter?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Funktor posted:

Somebody tell me about the Persona series? What are they? What titles are there and what systems are they on? Where do I start and does that matter?

They are jrpgs with minor time management aspects in 3 and onwards. They're usually about troubled high schoolers who have to fight demons by using their broken mental states to give themselves demonic powers. They're a spin-off of the Shin Megami Tensei series, but are entirely standalone. Each one in the series is typically a standalone plot.

1, 2 and 2's sequel/second half are on the PSX and PSP. They are old-school and clunky as hell, but have some real heart to them. I cannot recommend them unless you specifically want to wrestle with the antique systems, but P2: Innocent Sin is my favorite Persona game. Gameplay wise these are very dungeon-crawly. Plot-wise, 1 has a thin plot, whereas 2 has a plot about rumors distorting reality, which does lead to the infamous Hitler in sunglasses boss fight.

3 is where the series got popular. It's on the PS2 and probably other systems and has the iconic designs and elements and hiphop battle music. It introduced Social Links, i.e. spending time with characters to improve relations to unlock cutscenes and other useful things. It's played like so: daytime is spent doing time management, hang with this person or that one, improve skills, etc. Nighttime you go to the dungeon and fight monsters.

Personally I'm an old-school nerd who hates 3 and its plot and sense of humor and so on, but objectively speaking it's a fine, fun game.

4 is like 3 but with a new plot focused on a murder mystery and solving dungeons in time to save victims.

5 is like 4 but about thieves.

3-5 are basically money printing machines so they get the most spin-offs/anime/merch.

I would recommend starting with 4 as it was the most interesting of those three games, in my opinion. If you're a masochist, start with 2:IS.

e: Never do an effort-post while on a phone and half-asleep

Also play SMT: Nocturne instead, it's the better game

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 7, 2018

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The Persona games are a branch of the SMT series. The SMT games tend to feature demon summoning and freaky weird poo poo, the Persona spin off series just plants it in a modern high school setting. It also mixes up the demon summoning by having its characters go through emotional trials in order to summon a demon/god/mythological figure to fight other demons/gods/mythological figures. Starting with the third one, they also gained a heavy social aspect where you talk to people around town and help them with their problems.

Of the games in the series, it really doesn't matter where you start as they are all self-contained stories, but Persona 4 (PS2/Vita) and Persona 5 (PS3/PS4) are the latest and most mechanically polished of the series. 1 and 2 are much different games from the rest, and 3 had a lot of issues that got worked out in 4. Definitely check out the other SMT games if you like funky plots and punching out YHVH.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Lechtansi posted:

I'm looking for games that my girlfriend and I can play together - I hold the controller and she makes all the decisions. We are currently playing Horizon: Zero Dawn and loving it. We've also played Phoenix Wright and Ghost Trick together.

Basically, the requirements are:

Games that can be engaging if your not actually the one holding the controller. Either a good plot, or great things to look at, but something entirely mechanics focused won't fly.
Games with a minimum of shouty white dudes killing each other. Preferences for female protagonists, but pretty much anything that doesn't fit the Gears of War/Nathan Drake mold.
The main mechanic has to be something other than combat. In HZD i feel that the main mechanic is exploration, with some combat interspersed. She doesn't like violent movies in general, so something where violence is used for dramatic effect rather than a game where violence is the main thing.

I'm thinking something like Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice is going to fit the mold really well, but I'm interested in what else the goon hivemind could come up with. Ori and the Blind Forest is almost what we are looking for, except that the plot is super thin and the visuals might not be enough to keep her interested. Rise of the Tomb Raider might be good too, but i just replayed it recently and i'm not exactly up for another open world game right after HZD.

Thanks a lot!

A few posts back, but The Witcher 3! It's got a great story, and is compared to Horizon a lot in that regard I think. I never got too far into Horizon, it was good but imo Witcher 3's quality is still a little better. The only thing I didn't like about it is it took a few hours to really grab me. The intro area takes a bit and it's not bad, but once you get out into Velen and get the main quest rolling it gets really good from there on. Combat isn't bad but the world building, story and characters are where it's at.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

do not expect persona 4 to be "mechanically polished" by any stretch of the imagination; it's janky as gently caress and extremely frustrating to actually play by 2018 standards. pity, because its story and characters are really compelling and great for the most part, with some bizarre missteps here and there (hanako, teddie).

persona 5 is the newest and the best to actually play, but the goon hivemind has recently turned against it. it's really very good!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Funktor posted:

Another perspective here

Persona is a game about self-actualization. The powers are less about literal demons and more about psyche-based stuff. They are games where being a tremendous dickhead is manifested in reality, but also having tremendous self-doubt or self-hatred is manifested in reality. Power is drawn from confidence and affirmation. Also there is some kind of hosed up plot making this all happen. This drift away from it being literal demons is something that has happened since the first Persona, and it's pretty much the whole of the game now, but it's been a gradual distancing from Shin Megami Tensei, which is totally about literal demons. So the earlier you go the less it's about psyche stuff.

Anyways, 1-4 are available on various PSN stores. If you get a PSTV/Vita TV thing, you can play all of them except for 5 on that.

1 and 2 (which has 2 parts to it) are different from 3-5. 3-5 are the ones people think of as the current style. 5 has the best combat system. 3 has multiple versions, and the one you can get on Vita or PSTV has gone full menu-driven instead of running around, so you hover a cursor over a location and hit X to move there.

3-5 all use a "new kid in town" as the main protagonist. 3 is about a new kid who is naturally gifted with this whole persona control thing, and people gather around to help take down some poo poo. 4 is a murder mystery and the kids are all coming to terms with aspects of themselves they didn't like. 5 is about kids being psychic vigilantes against "bad adults" and refusing to shut up and take abuse. Where every persona awakening in 4 is "I ACCEPT MY TRUE SELF!" every persona awakening in 5 is "No, gently caress YOU, shithead!"

The current style is very lengthy and the dungeon crawls basically serve as a reason for them not to be called visual novels outright.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The General posted:

Myst is great but I think Riven is the game in the series that rewards note-taking the most. In addition to the puzzles themselves there's a ton of little details that enhance the world building a lot if you connect the dots.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

a medical mystery posted:

Myst is great but I think Riven is the game in the series that rewards note-taking the most. In addition to the puzzles themselves there's a ton of little details that enhance the world building a lot if you connect the dots.

Yeah I feel that Riven as a game holds up better than Myst. It takes what they built with Myst and sands off all the rough bits, so there's more clever puzzles about decoding an alien language and less about bullshit minecart trial and error

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Simiain posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider has the best weather effects I've seen in a game. It's scripted rather than being random or in cycles though. For most of the game the weather deteriorates over the course of the game so you end up returning to some areas where the weather had got a lot worse and it's very noticeable. The environmental graphics and sound are fantastic. The game has issues (mostly narrative rather than gameplay), and is generally not particularly well regarded, but I don't mind it and big part of that was down to the weather. Witcher 3, already mentioned, has amazing (visually) weather as well. It's not as oppressive and immersive as Rise though.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 7, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Gravy Jones posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider has the best weather effects I've seen in a game. It's scripted rather than being random or in cycles though. For most of the game the weather deteriorates over the course of the game so you end up returning to some areas where the weather had got a lot worse and it's very noticeable. The environmental graphics and sound are fantastic. The game has issues (mostly narrative rather than gameplay), and is generally not particularly well regarded, but I don't mind it and big part of that was down to the weather. Witcher 3, already mentioned, has amazing (visually) weather as well. It's not as oppressive and immersive as Rise though.

People not liking Rise is one of those particular goon hangups. I looked up RottR on metacritic to make sure I wasn't crazy and it's at like an 88 with publications, an 8.3 fan rating and 92% positive on Steam. That's on the same level as like, any Uncharted or Horizon Zero Dawn. It sold 7 million copies in its first two years. The story is definitely weak compared to its predecessor but it's a solid and popular action platformer otherwise imho.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
As far as I can tell, the big goon criticism about Rise is that it's too much like the original. Most of the time that's a good thing, when the original game was good, so I don't quite understand the complaint. And yeah, it is similar, but its also polished and improved in various areas the way you would expect a sequel to be.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rise's story is real dumb but it's still just as much fun to arrow dudes in the head, or drop on dudes and stick ice axes in their neck, or grenade dudes while they're talking about all the puppies they got to kill the other day. Just don't try and 100% it, I thought the collection got kind of excruciating near the end.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

:negative:

I completely agree with the above advice.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I'm guessing that the hate for Rise comes from people who loved that Tomb Raider 2013 was an Uncharted-alike and Rise was not. I played Rise before TR2013 and loving loved it, so much so that when I completed it I immediately bought and played TR2013. I was dissapointed because everything I loved about Rise was missing in TR2013, namely the open world crafting / metroidvania aspect. There was nothing in TR2013 that matched the moment of getting the lighter in Rise and being like, holy gently caress this opens up so many options.

I'm currently playing Horizon: Zero Dawn and love it for the exact same reason (minus the metroidvania aspect). I'm cautious about Shadow of the Tomb Raider, because Horizon set such a high bar and I'm afraid I'll be dissapointed. I'll wait for the reviews.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

i haven't played rise but I remember one of the criticisms was that the story is mostly a copy-paste of tomb raider (2013), and some people want the character to do something other than a journey of self-discovery. Or at least a different type of self-discovery.

double nine fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 8, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

signalnoise posted:

Another perspective here

Persona is a game about self-actualization. The powers are less about literal demons and more about psyche-based stuff. They are games where being a tremendous dickhead is manifested in reality, but also having tremendous self-doubt or self-hatred is manifested in reality. Power is drawn from confidence and affirmation. Also there is some kind of hosed up plot making this all happen. This drift away from it being literal demons is something that has happened since the first Persona, and it's pretty much the whole of the game now, but it's been a gradual distancing from Shin Megami Tensei, which is totally about literal demons. So the earlier you go the less it's about psyche stuff.

Anyways, 1-4 are available on various PSN stores. If you get a PSTV/Vita TV thing, you can play all of them except for 5 on that.

1 and 2 (which has 2 parts to it) are different from 3-5. 3-5 are the ones people think of as the current style. 5 has the best combat system. 3 has multiple versions, and the one you can get on Vita or PSTV has gone full menu-driven instead of running around, so you hover a cursor over a location and hit X to move there.

3-5 all use a "new kid in town" as the main protagonist. 3 is about a new kid who is naturally gifted with this whole persona control thing, and people gather around to help take down some poo poo. 4 is a murder mystery and the kids are all coming to terms with aspects of themselves they didn't like. 5 is about kids being psychic vigilantes against "bad adults" and refusing to shut up and take abuse. Where every persona awakening in 4 is "I ACCEPT MY TRUE SELF!" every persona awakening in 5 is "No, gently caress YOU, shithead!"

The current style is very lengthy and the dungeon crawls basically serve as a reason for them not to be called visual novels outright.

To put a bit more focus on the stories, each of the games focuses on a single topic that is the undercurrent of the entire story. I never played 1/2, but 3 focuses on death/acceptance, 4 is about Truth, and 5 is about Justice. Everyone in each game bounces off that main thread.

Day by day it also matches. In 3 you are racing against a clock that you aren't really aware of. 4 has you trying to stop murders before they happen. 5 has each person accused of something and requiring you to bring someone to justice to fix it.

There is a lot there about what it means to interact with the world and act as a person in a psychological sense, and showing how much certain desires can gently caress up your life.

Personally I like P3 the best, but it is also the absolute worst mechanically. That said each game is totally divorced from each other so there is no problem with playing 5 and then doubling back to the early ones. Or just watch the P4 anime.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I've not played 5, but yeah, 3 and 4 were pretty blatant about their themes. Main battle track for Persona 4: "Reach Out to the Truth." The opening credits for P3? Keeps flashing "Memento Mori" at you every time you fire up the game.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Backhand posted:

I've not played 5, but yeah, 3 and 4 were pretty blatant about their themes. Main battle track for Persona 4: "Reach Out to the Truth." The opening credits for P3? Keeps flashing "Memento Mori" at you every time you fire up the game.

Not to mention in P3 you summon your persona by shooting yourself in the brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Lets be real though, persona 3 had the hypest first summon :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg06RvVzzdM