Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

*in extremely professional fisherman voice* well i think we should fish two days a week and jerk off 5 days a week!!

im changing my answer to that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

~where they hung the jerk who invented work~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqowmHgxVJQ

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Maybe the hat's message could be implemented via a bill which lowers the work week to 30 hours, then lowers it automatically by some mechanism similar to how the proposed Fair Wage Act raises the minimum wage automatically as the median wage for all employees increases. I think that proposing a reduction in the work week will be met with comments like these

Michael Omaha June 18, 2015 posted:

I came across this posting. This is absolute corruptible liberal tripe. The author is channeling Upton Sinclair, the Progressive Era, and modern liberal talking points. A 30 hour week? Why not 25, or 20? The government can pay us for the time not worked. This is the liberal, government controlled pathology. My kids have lost their jobs, and can only work 26 hours a week because of this law. Both are in college and can no longer work to put themselves through school. That used to be the hallmark of achieving and education. I tell you what, let the liberals pay for my kids education, why not, they pay millions not to work.

from people who are afraid of the effects if it passes before other leftist measures pass

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 4, 2018

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

galenanorth posted:

Maybe the hat's message could be implemented via a bill which lowers the work week to 30 hours, then lowers it automatically by some mechanism similar to how the proposed Fair Wage Act raises the minimum wage automatically as the median wage for all employees increases. I think that proposing a reduction in the work week will be met with comments like these

from people who are afraid of the effects if it passes before other leftist measures pass

i enjoy arguments made by chuds who think that "so you are saying that everyone deserves a right to healthcare, housing and education that's nuts!" Now you want people to work 30 hours a week and get paid the same amount of money as 40? why not 20 hours a week or 10 hours a week"

and then think they are making an argument against those policies by saying that

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/WyssJeffery/status/992695190296125440

100s of millions killed by Karl Marx's invention, Marxism

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Make a statue of the last son of the west from the last son of the west video

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VersoBooks/status/992773413885247489

bought me those david harvey companions to capital

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

verso sales are like criterion sales. i always have a homer in the land of chocolate fantasy about how much cool poo poo i'd buy and then never do it

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i got some good general recommendations in this thread before, i think, idk all these threads run together, BUT

what should i buy from there, like a short list of the Good poo poo

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
twitter refuses to verify verso books color me shocked

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I bought Dr Furr's Blood Lies.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Trots are having some kind of online birthday rally starting in a few minutes:

https://www.wsws.org/en/special/mayday/rally2018.html

I'm not sure what an online rally is but I think that's when you're a Trot and don't go outside.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The International Committee salutes Julian Assange!

:yikes:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

trots are weird

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I stopped listening.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Assange is cool

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Plutonis posted:

Assange is cool

:chloe:

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

The International Committee salutes Julian Assange!

:yikes:

You mean they like the guy who's been exposing multinational corporations, banks, defense contractors, global capitalism etc and their influence on government for years ?

:monocle:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

viral spiral posted:

You mean they like the guy who's been exposing multinational corporations, banks, defense contractors, global capitalism etc and their influence on government for years ?

yeah but he really oughta stop exposing himself

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yossarian-22 posted:

yeah but he really oughta stop exposing himself

all trots are sex pests

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

that's the least objectionable thing about them

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

viral spiral posted:

Lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I used to defend Assange but there's no use pretending hes not a full on pepe now

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqd4hW98sQ

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

i thought the rape charges were fake and meant to get him arrested until i saw this video

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

I used to defend Assange but there's no use pretending hes not a full on pepe now

his brain deteriorated while living in a room for like

how long has it been now?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's not Julian Assange's fault he was raised by the children of the corn.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Postoyevsky posted:

A spectre👻👻 is haunting👻 🌍Europe🌍 — the spectre 👻of communism☭☭☭☭. All the 💪💪powers of old Europe💪 have entered into a 🙏 holy alliance 🙏to exorcise this spectre👻👻👻: Pope 💩💩and Tsar💩👎👎, Metternich💩 and Guizot💩💩💩, French Radicals🇫🇷🇫🇷👎👎👎 and German police-spies🚮🚮🚮🚮. Where is the🎉 party🎉🎉 in opposition that has not been 😿decried😿😿 as communistic☭☭☭☭ by its 😦😦opponents in power😦? Where is the opposition that has not hurled back the branding🔥🔥 reproach🔥🔥🔥🔥 of ☭☭☭☭communism☭☭, against the more advanced🎊 opposition parties🎊🎊🎊, as well as against its 🙅🙅🙅🙅reactionary adversaries🙅🙅? 🕑Two things🕑 result from this fact📕📕: I. ☭☭☭☭Communism☭☭ is already acknowledged by all 💪European powers💪💪 to be itself a 💪💪☭power☭💪. II. It is 🕛‼️🕛high time🕛🕛🕛❗ that ☭☭Communists☭☭☭ should openly, in the 😛😛😛face😛😛 of the 🌍whole🌍 world🌍🌍🌍, publish📕📕 their📕 views📕📕📕, their 🎯aims🎯🎯, their tendencies☭☭, and meet this 🍼nursery🍼🍼 tale🍼📕🍼 of the 👻Spectre👻 of Communism👻👻 ☭ 👻☭ with a manifesto📕📕 of the party📕🎊☭ itself.

happy may day

👻🇪🇺👻. ☭👻. 🇪🇺💂💂, ✝🤗⚔👻--⛪🧙, 🐻🤴; 🍞🧓, 🍺🧓; 🇫🇷👨‍🏭, 🇩🇪🕵. 👑,⚔🤗🚫☭✍🈳. 🕒⚔🤗, 🕘⚔🤗🚫☭✍🈳, 👴🚫☭✍🈳.

If I had stayed at a college with better connections, I could probably live for a year off printing this on a canvas, titling it "Communism with Chinese characteristics", and selling it at a gallery.

Mandoric fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 6, 2018

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by prolix: probation!!!!!!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/992936265480851456?s=19

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol

THS
Sep 15, 2017

yeah assange made a hard right awhile
back sorry

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

i back the rights of whistle-blowers but not the rights of right-wing rapists sooo :thunk:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Have you been asleep for like two years

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
*wakes up after 2 year sleep*

yaaawwwnnn....uh, what did i miss

who won the 2016 presidency? Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton?

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

steven seagal, it's a bit weird

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich
what exactly has assange/wikileaks been doing for the past two years? do they actually release anything or is wikileaks just like assange's personal brand at this point?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
afaik i think everyone else working with him left him or something. he's very lonely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol