Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Don't doxx me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So Warmind + the tweaks in that patch looked good enough that I got the season pass since it was on sale and I had a hankering for some Destiny 2 again. Hopefully I don't have buyers remorse next weekend though I have a feeling I might because I just played through the COO campaign and boy howdy, was that underwhelming even with my extremely low expectations of it. Is there anything else I should do now to unlock poo poo or should I just wait until Tuesday/Wednesday? I did a few of the "powerful gear" milestones after doing the campaign and those rewards were upgrades at level 315/320ish but everything else was still dropping at level 300 just like they were before COO came out. Is that how it's supposed to be and how it'll be in Warmind? Did some heroic strikes as well and basically got nothing from them individually apart from the milestone at the end.

I assumed once COO got added and any subsequent expansions, they'd just relax the limit and stuff would immediately start dropping that'd bump you up above the old power level but it'd be the same as base Destiny 2 at the end range, so getting up to 320 would be super easy and then the last 5 or 10 would be only from the milestones and mods.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

thebardyspoon posted:

I assumed once COO got added and any subsequent expansions, they'd just relax the limit and stuff would immediately start dropping that'd bump you up above the old power level but it'd be the same as base Destiny 2 at the end range, so getting up to 320 would be super easy and then the last 5 or 10 would be only from the milestones and mods.

I'm glad you regret the buy. You deserve it.

Progression is going to be quite slow come Warmind. I think the estimate is that it takes a month of doing everything to hit the cap, then another month to finish the last 10 points and hit the max. Something like that. So you won't get to just log-in, do a couple milestones, grab the clan engrams, and be set. Nope, you actually gotta work for it.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm glad you regret the buy. You deserve it.

Progression is going to be quite slow come Warmind. I think the estimate is that it takes a month of doing everything to hit the cap, then another month to finish the last 10 points and hit the max. Something like that. So you won't get to just log-in, do a couple milestones, grab the clan engrams, and be set. Nope, you actually gotta work for it.

Seems like a very accusatory tone to strike with someone asking a question. Wow, what a dickhead.

I don't really want to get stuff for free just for logging in nor am I adverse to "actually working for it", was just asking if that's how it's going to be since it was pretty different from how base Destiny 2 worked.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

According to DeeJ and co. you don't need Curse of Osiris to play Warmind, and you'll get the new level/power cap even without owning CoO.

I still think they're going to tweak CoO, but if we see any changes before September I will be pleasantly surprised.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

thebardyspoon posted:

Wow, what a dickhead.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

Seems like a very accusatory tone to strike with someone asking a question. Wow, what a dickhead.

We all have brainworms for still caring about this game enough to regularly post in a forum thread devoted to it, but cvnvcnvcnnvcn has the worst case I've seen by far

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hey if there is one thing bungie has a lot of experience with it's completely revamping a release near the end of its development, so I have high hopes for this expansion

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Oof

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

thebardyspoon posted:

Caveat Emptor.

Speaking of which, D2 is back on sale for $8-$10 at Best Buy. It's also part of the Humble Bundle in June.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=276r9to6MCw

lol

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
imagine if just one of those guys looked at their radar and then worked the old-timey cranks and winches it seems like console players have to use to turn their Destiny 2 Guardians

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
something something wouldn't have 5 guys to kill

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
5 80s tourist looked thru coin-operated binoculars labelled 'console fov', yelling that they can't see anything.jpg

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

the good fax machine posted:

something something wouldn't have 5 guys to kill

this unironically

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Waffle House posted:

I think that's part of why heavy feels cheap right now. The pacing in 6v6 for its droppage used to be slower, but now it's a little more mayhem-ish since it pops every like 45 seconds. I could see people feeling like 6v6 is mayhem-ish, and like there isn't much distinction in pacing other than the obvious ability cooldowns, thus.

In D1, Shaxx hollering HEY, HEAVY'S ABOUT TO DROP FYI always got me goingcon muy rapido, and some of my favorite multikills were made crashing the opposing team's heavy ammo camping party with my super.

Ammo count on heavy guns themselves IMHO is good, and I like how you get only the "scraps" of a brick someone else picked up when you kill them.

The more power ammo the better imo since it makes the game more fun and like you said, it actually gives people something else to run to other than B flag. People get too hung up on this trying to be something overly serious and competitive without realizing that to accomplish that you'd have to change/remove so much that the game wouldn't be recognizable. Besides, lots of other games managed just fine with power weapons being scattered around the map when the match starts and it makes it a lot more fun getting to fight over that stuff and being rewarded if you win. They should go even further and start adding artifacts that you can pickup as well.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SUNKOS posted:

The more power ammo the better imo since it makes the game more fun and like you said, it actually gives people something else to run to other than B flag. People get too hung up on this trying to be something overly serious and competitive without realizing that to accomplish that you'd have to change/remove so much that the game wouldn't be recognizable. Besides, lots of other games managed just fine with power weapons being scattered around the map when the match starts and it makes it a lot more fun getting to fight over that stuff and being rewarded if you win. They should go even further and start adding artifacts that you can pickup as well.

I was just trying to see it from the 4v4 teamshot side of things. I really like the plentiful heavy (sniper) ammo, not just for my purposes, but because snipers and shotguns are important staples of first person shooters, expected even, and gross attenuation of their presence does kinda make it feel less so.

Light from the Traveler, a literal Deus Ex Machina, is a perfect license to increase, embiggen, difficultize, or otherwise alter gameplay features, intensity, or dynamics at any time lol

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I miss year 1 of Destiny 1

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

CheeseFactory posted:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://twitter.com/jessica/status/992579453619458048?s=19

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

btrd

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

5 80s tourist looked thru coin-operated binoculars labelled 'console fov', yelling that they can't see anything.jpg

1 80s tourist asking why he has to wait for 15 minutes to jump on the ride called "pc crucible" even if the queue is basically empty

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CheeseFactory posted:

I miss house of wolves.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I find matches in PC crucible just as fast as I do on PS4. The population sucks on both.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

CheeseFactory posted:

I think D1's heavy ammo implementation wasn't that great because it was just two pickups on either side of the map and whenever it was about to spawn both teams ran to their side of the map for it which was kinda dull and predictable. I think having more of it with varying cooldowns would be the best way to go so you don't have those moments where the map is deserted and everyone is huddled around the ammo spawn, even if it's funny to be nearby with a super ready to go.

They should really embrace the setup for Crucible as well and have Shaxx randomly spawning a sword of Crota/Scorcher/Valkyrie Javelin right in the middle of the map and give players plenty of toys to have fun with. Trials can be for serious stuff but everything else should just prioritize fun.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

limaCAT posted:

I miss house of wolves.

My favorite D1 moment is still when HoW released and Bungie decided to put Xur in the Reef, and put him behind a door that didn't open. Good times

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
My favorite D1 thing was that it was enjoyable to play with friends and at points I honestly felt like a space wizard.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ZeusCannon posted:

My favorite D1 thing was that it was enjoyable to play with friends and at points I honestly felt like a space wizard.

Same

Same with D2 except for your second point. Also except the first point when everyone stopped playing because of the lack of your second point.

Gg bungie

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SUNKOS posted:

I think D1's heavy ammo implementation wasn't that great because it was just two pickups on either side of the map and whenever it was about to spawn both teams ran to their side of the map for it which was kinda dull and predictable. I think having more of it with varying cooldowns would be the best way to go so you don't have those moments where the map is deserted and everyone is huddled around the ammo spawn, even if it's funny to be nearby with a super ready to go.

They should really embrace the setup for Crucible as well and have Shaxx randomly spawning a sword of Crota/Scorcher/Valkyrie Javelin right in the middle of the map and give players plenty of toys to have fun with. Trials can be for serious stuff but everything else should just prioritize fun.

Knowing Bungie they will read your post and then just deploy Crucible but it's actually Steamed Hams with Zavala and Cayde 6

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I miss my Grasp of Matlock and Slivered Dread.

Oh and Trespasser. That thing is more obscene when hip fired than Last Hope, you babies.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Insane Totoro posted:

I miss my Grasp of Matlock and Slivered Dread.

Oh and Trespasser. That thing is more obscene when hip fired than Last Hope, you babies.

The gun you are looking for is Etana, friend

Hipfire that gun immediately

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryFurryShrimpBuddhaBar

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Are all warlock gloves just little wrist wraps?

I know the Sunbracers and Ophidians have some pizzazz to them, but iirc even the iron banner warlock gloves are just a leather bangle

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I know the Sunbracers and Ophidians have some pizzazz to them, but iirc even the iron banner warlock gloves are just a leather bangle

Karnstein armlets are loving cool looking also good.

E: karnstein/crimson/devour lock is so good

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

[Extremely D2 voice] yeah warlock gloves have always been crappy little wrist wraps

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If you liked Rise of Iron, which brought you red Fallen

You'll fuckin LOVE Warmind's blue Hive

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Mix em together like a slurpee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013