Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/8h1x05/incompetent_parents_inheriting_250k/

quote:

Title: Incompetent parents inheriting $250k

Original Post:

The house that I grew up in put into trust>grandma (last remaining head of trust dies)> assets go to my father and his sister. My father is an incompetent pot smoker and now alcoholic, my mother is a an extreme late stage alcoholic with severe dementia and physical injuries from falling down the stairs so much. My parents are 70 and 67 as well.

I have been a great son, only child, aged 27, Deans list student, never done a drug in my life. Could have washed more dishes, but i always helped my parents with things and now I do so more than ever. Ill drive over just to install an air conditioner or, help lift something. My parents are getting 250k for the house that's been sold, THANKS to MY realtor who got me my house, and my attorney. I facilitated all of the work or else they would have probably tried to sell it on craigslist. My parents and my dad's sister and husband, are a bunch of idiots and I can't believe I came from them. My parents are obviously huge hippies. No life insurance, no jobs, my mom got fired 11 years ago and became a doped up alcoholic and probably pill addict feeling sorry for herself. My dad never made any money and now since they are coming into this money. I am FREAKING OUT:

My dad wants to blow it all on a condo, they have NO income other than SS. About $2k total per month and that's it. I'm just so pissed he has shared NO intent to give any of it to my wife and I. We have bought a brand new house, two brand new cars, a new fence, and lots of other awesome items. We are not hurting for money, but we could use it a hell a lot more than they can. All they do with their lives is just sit around, smoking, drinking and yelling at each other. They don't even leave their room!

Also, keep in mind they don't know what it's like to pay rent, pay a mortgage or work a steady job, they have been squatting in that house my grandma left them for 35 years while the money in the trust paid for the taxes.

They don't deserve this money, nor do they need it! I'm sick of them and sick of everything they put me through. My mom with the years of emotional and sometimes physical abuse with drinking. I've had to call the cops at least 11-12 times to have her taken away for violent and psychotic drunken outbursts.

They belong in a low income housing unit far away from me, and now they get a quarter of a mill? MY dad has said NOTHING about sharing any of it with me, he's just excited to get a new condo. My family and their family want nothing to do with them, they ignore everyone, they don't visit anyone, they don't invite anyone over, they are complete sick recluses.

What are my options? I want to have them both committed after they receive the money, I want it for my life, my wonderful wife and puppies, my amazing, hard work - and family. I would do amazing things with it, invest it, pay off some of my mortgage, create a college fund, etc, have my wife get her doctorate.

I am sure SOME of you will say, why do you need the money? You're clearing doing fine! But it's not about that to me, it's about principle and what I deserve. I did everything right, my parents did everything WRONG, they don't deserve to be rewarded for being useless worthless bags of poo poo.

Does anyone know what my legal options are? My dad had a will made and didn't even sign the godamn thing, unbelievable! He said he would sign it once I got him a new copy.

Help!!!!!!!

Charming fellow! And yes, being ripped to shreds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Eh, I'm with the dude who grew up abused and somehow turned out alright enough.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

value-brand cereal posted:

Eh, I'm with the dude who grew up abused and somehow turned out alright enough.
The poster convinced me that their parents are absolute trash and that they should sever from them forever. The last two thirds of the post are complete entitled bullshit, however, and this person does not deserve the money in any way. How does someone write this " why do you need the money? You're clearing doing fine! But it's not about that to me, it's about principle and what I deserve." with a straight face?

Also they were owned so hard by the relatively mild responses that they deleted their non-throwaway reddit account over it. They deleted a post asking for career advice that someone dug up and made fun of them for, but not some posts from the recovering WOW addict subreddit where they apparently posted.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

They deleted a post asking for career advice that someone dug up and made fun of them for, but not some posts from the recovering WOW addict subreddit where they apparently posted.

Oh well that changes everything. This dudes a loser. But at least they're getting better, as we all should strive to be :angel: They should sever from the 'rents and live happily ever after. Quit looking at other lawns, and all that.

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich
lol what did the parents do that was so bad exactly?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

self unaware posted:

lol what did the parents do that was so bad exactly?

Smoke pot, be fiscally irresponsible in the way that guy thinks he isnt also being.

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

They were dirty, drunk pot smoking abusive hippies. The real question is whether the bender they’re about to embark upon will end with running out of money or acute alcohol poisoning.

The problem will solve itself.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

value-brand cereal posted:

Me[28M/F] with my 8mo gf[26M/F] wants me to get rid of my cat. I want to dump her.Relationships

submitted 4 years ago by vigilantebikepolice

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/1hc537/me28mf_with_my_8mo_gf26mf_wants_me_to_get_rid_of/

YOSPOS CATTES 4 LYFE BICTH But seriously, a cat that follows you to a bar and waits for you so you can walk back home together? That's loving badass. That's good kitty kitty. You don't get rid of a cat like that. I don't even care if this is fake, I'm so enamored by this booze kitten.

Yo I had to skip two pages to weigh in on this, but my girlfriend just had to say goodbye to a cat after 14 years. There would have been some loving trouble if I thought I could demand that she get rid of him. An animal that loves you the way that cat loved her, the way the OP's cat loves him, that's a special kitty.

He should dump her, that poo poo speaks to some real issues. She sounds controlling.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

And you know, be so drunk he called the cops multiple times. He's a brat but they sound like nightmares.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Complains about his parents not having life insurance, very subtle dude. Oh well maybe he can get his parents committed so he can set up a college fund for his puppies or whatever.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Yo I had to skip two pages to weigh in on this, but my girlfriend just had to say goodbye to a cat after 14 years. There would have been some loving trouble if I thought I could demand that she get rid of him. An animal that loves you the way that cat loved her, the way the OP's cat loves him, that's a special kitty.

He should dump her, that poo poo speaks to some real issues. She sounds controlling.

I think the only compassionate thing is to put her to sleep.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Bonster posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/8h1x05/incompetent_parents_inheriting_250k/

"! I'm sick of them and sick of everything they put me through. My mom with the years of emotional and sometimes physical abuse with drinking. "

Charming fellow! And yes, being ripped to shreds.

Are people missing this bit? I know it's a single corn in a whole shitpile but he's right for hating someone who's an violent, abusive drunkard. I don't know about the dad though, but it just sounds like they were lousy parents.

Again, sever, live you're own good life, imo.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'm sure the actuarial table for a 67 year old alcoholic with dementia who doubles as a human slinky will recommend extremely reasonable life insurance rates that they can easily afford.

He should be thankful the father has enough sense to put it in a condo. $2,000/month more than covers HOA fees and it prevents his parents from being homeless while also locking the money into an asset that will appreciate that they probably couldn't destroy as easily as a house through neglect and/or alcohol induced dementia.

I work with stocks and bonds and don't really know real estate, but I imagine it has to be on par with parking that money in a fixed income portfolio. Which would be the responsible thing for them to do at that age. They'll drink themselves to death soon enough, he should cheer them on so he can inherit their home and sell/rent it later.

cumshitter fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 8, 2018

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
What rolls down stairs
Downs shots in pairs
And gets carted away by the law?
Whose back makes a crack
When she knocks a few back?
It's mom mom mom!

It's mo-om, it's mo-om
She's drunk, she's angry
She's rude
It's mo-om, it's mo-om
She's better than buzzed
She's boozed

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Bertrand Hustle posted:

An animal that loves you the way that cat loved her

So like, not one tiny little bit, then?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cumshitter posted:

What rolls down stairs
Downs shots in pairs
And gets carted away by the law?
Whose back makes a crack
When she knocks a few back?
It's mom mom mom!

It's mo-om, it's mo-om
She's drunk, she's angry
She's rude
It's mo-om, it's mo-om
She's better than buzzed
She's boozed

:distonk:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
What are the odds that someone this entitled can actually properly identify actual any use vs something they thought was unpleasant? Maybe bus mommy told him no a bunch and spanked him twice in his entire childhood.

Even if he did suffer some real abuse (not likely or he wouldn't be still spending time with them) it still wouldn't entitle him to their inheritance.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

13Pandora13 posted:

I've never been more disappointed in a lack of follow-up post in my life. I hope he abandoned his GF at a shelter.

Naw. He took her up north, to the country. There's a farm there for exes with plenty of room for them to run and play.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

What are the odds that someone this entitled can actually properly identify actual any use vs something they thought was unpleasant? Maybe bus mommy told him no a bunch and spanked him twice in his entire childhood.

Even if he did suffer some real abuse (not likely or he wouldn't be still spending time with them) it still wouldn't entitle him to their inheritance.

Drinking so much that you repeatedly fall down the stairs, have Karsakoff's syndrome, and scared your child into calling the police a dozen times makes me believe it wasn't the best upbringing.

He's definitely entitled but he's not the first child of alcoholics to ever become a righteous straightedger or to help assist their parents with poo poo once they move out and create some distance.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

He would inherit it after they die anyway and it would minimize the amount of poo poo he currently has to do to help them, both physically and financially. Some things are better than cash in fist. Just consider it an investment with a short payoff period because they will kill themselves soon, anyway.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

My [17 F] sister is pretending I'm being violent and abusive towards her to my mum [50 F]Personal issues

submitted 9 months ago * by throwaway12345679877

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/6s7l03/my_17_f_sister_is_pretending_im_being_violent_and/

quote:

I [22 F] moved back home at the start of the year and started suspecting my sister [17 F] was making stuff up about me to my mum [50 F]. 2 months ago when said sister (sister A) was on holiday with sister B [20 F] (with money she had stolen from me), I made the stupid decision to go through my mum's texts so I could prove to myself I was just being paranoid, but what I found was worse than I thought was going on.

Sister A for months had been claiming I was doing a bunch of generally lovely things whilst my mum was out of the house, was sending photos of a poo poo ton of mess she would claim I made (to make things worse a lot of the time I was at work when I was supposed to of made this mess), and sending her your classic bitchy teenage girl texts 'throwaway3231whatever is so psycho lol' 'throwaway3235435idk is fat lol', trying to get my mum to join in on it. My mum didn't join in on these stupid comments at first but after a couple of weeks would also join in.

Before I saw these texts I didn't understand why my mum was constantly accusing me of being a lovely person and telling me how great sister A is and expecting me to feel bad about something I didn't do.

Here's the bit that bothers me, because all that previous stuff is nothing compared to the past 2 weeks. Sister A and I went to the shop to get some doughnuts, and she loves getting free stuff. So she decided to put a few extra doughnuts into a box that's meant for 3. As she put the 4th one in I told her she was taking the piss and left to go get a drink. She meets me after she's filled the box with 6 doughnuts and the box wont close and its pretty obvious what she's trying to do. Sister A is expecting me to pay and insisting we will get away with it but I'm reluctant but do it anyway.

We go over to self checkout to pay and when it's scanned and put in the bagging area a customer assistant comes over as it's obviously over the weight. I told sister A we should just leave it but she's still insisting it's ok and tries hiding it with a carrier bag. Customer assistant sees the doughnuts and realises what's going on. I stay quiet because I don't want to get involved. Long story short, she plays the stupid card and the customer assistant just makes us pay double. Once we've left the store she starts having a go at me for not saying anything, then going on about how she's going to write in to complain about the customer assistant that stopped us, claiming she might get some free vouchers for the woman being a 'bitch'. This is also when she starts telling me not to say anything to our mum (I notoriously have a big mouth) and that if I do say anything "who's she going to believe, me or you? and you'll just get in trouble". So we go home.

Next day I end up telling our mum because I have a big mouth and can't keep anything quiet. She goes to speak to my sister and I start getting texts from her calling me a snake/bitch etc for telling my mum. The day after (2 days after getting caught shoplifting) I'm going to the shops and she decides to tag along, as we're walking down the road she starts having a go at me for telling our mum and I decide I've had enough so just go home without her. She comes home an hour later and asks if I'm done being a child, so I tell her to go gently caress herself and just leave.

The next day, I leave my room to get my post and sister is there too. I go straight back to bed, and an hour later start receiving texts from my mum telling me to stop being violent and to leave sister A alone, and telling me I'm a loving bitch. I tell my mum I'm still in bed, but the reply I get back is 'Do you think I am loving stupid' and I'm stupid enough to reply back 'well basically yeah because I haven't done anything'.

Mum keeps texting me telling me she knows what I'm capable of - based off how I used to be as a young teenager (admittedly very angry, but no where near that now and haven't proved myself to be anything like that in at least 7+ years). Mum puts some money in her account so she can go out (as is standard when she's claiming I'm going these kind of things), and she goes out an hour before my mum comes home with sister B. I'm starting to get angry and annoyed because she doesn't believe I have done nothing wrong, so when she comes home I ask to see her phone. At this point I film the texts my sister has sent to her on my phone as evidence to myself I'm not crazy and making this all up in my head.

This is where I can see what exactly I have been accused of, which is everything she has been doing to me (calling me crazy, fat, trying to make out I'm insane) then saying "there's only so much I can take" like she can't deal with this 'emotional abuse' anymore.

At this point I'm fuming because I've felt suicidal as a result of her making out I'm going crazy and doing things I haven't done, then having my mum have a go at me for doing all these things I never did. And obviously me getting upset and angry about it isn't helping the situation at all. Since this, sister B has gotten involved in all the stupid name calling, pretending I'm psycho and sending me texts every time I leave the house too (sister B is a bit stupid and just goes along with things without thinking for herself).

All I want is them both to stop this and I have no idea how. I've already tried to explain what is really going on to my mum but she's not buying it, and assuming I'm the same as I was when I was 12. I'm not in a position where I can move out and I have no idea what to do, and obviously don't actually want to kill myself as this is the only reason I'm feeling suicidal but I literally can't take anymore of being accused of being crazy then everyone acting as if I am.

TL;DR - Sister is sending my mum texts whilst she's at work pretending I'm being violent and abusive towards her. My mum is having a go at me as a result AND giving my sister money because of my "behaviour", and wont believe a word that comes out of my mouth. As a result I'm feeling suicidal/wondering if I'm crazy and at a loss as how to stop this, any ideas?

Edit : probably should mention I'm feeling so low when I leave my house I start experiencing extreme anxiety( and attacks) that I have to go back to my room within 3 mins of leaving the house

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Just posting this here for reference when the next poly relationship story gets posted.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (29F) fiancé’s(29M) friends (28M) girlfriend (26F) wants to have sex with my fiancé to “equal everything”??
Tldr at bottom

Background: Me and my fiancé have been together since we were fourteen-except for a period of 8 months when we were 23 and I was on a uni placement abroad in France and we decided that we should have fun for 8 months and see where we were after that. We ended up sleeping around a bit, but missing each other a lot so the minute I got back, we got back together. During that time, I admittedly kissed and made out with my fiancé’s friend ‘C’. My fiancé is fully aware and understanding and while he found it difficult for a while, I worked hard to regain his trust and we have grown together and everything is amazing now. I am in fact in the early stars of pregnancy but have chose not to tell anyone because we would like it to remain a secret until we r both confident.

So to my issue

C and his current gf have been together since roughly the same time as me and my fiancé but are notoriously off and on.

The minute she discovered quite recently about me and C she was outraged. She demanded to have sex with my fiancé to level everything out.

My fiancé immediately refused for obvious reasons but she is persistent and says that it is only fair. C is obviously fed up with this ridiculous request but will not leave her for unrelated issues.

My question is ;

How do I get her to back off my fiancé and cut her from out life?

Tl; dr I made out with fiancés friend during a break years ago-his current gf is mad and demanding sex from my fiancé?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (29F) fiancé’s(29M) friends (28M) girlfriend (26F) wants to have sex with my fiancé to “equal everything”??
Tldr at bottom

Background: Me and my fiancé have been together since we were fourteen-except for a period of 8 months when we were 23 and I was on a uni placement abroad in France and we decided that we should have fun for 8 months and see where we were after that. We ended up sleeping around a bit, but missing each other a lot so the minute I got back, we got back together. During that time, I admittedly kissed and made out with my fiancé’s friend ‘C’. My fiancé is fully aware and understanding and while he found it difficult for a while, I worked hard to regain his trust and we have grown together and everything is amazing now. I am in fact in the early stars of pregnancy but have chose not to tell anyone because we would like it to remain a secret until we r both confident.

So to my issue

C and his current gf have been together since roughly the same time as me and my fiancé but are notoriously off and on.

The minute she discovered quite recently about me and C she was outraged. She demanded to have sex with my fiancé to level everything out.

My fiancé immediately refused for obvious reasons but she is persistent and says that it is only fair. C is obviously fed up with this ridiculous request but will not leave her for unrelated issues.

My question is ;

How do I get her to back off my fiancé and cut her from out life?

Tl; dr I made out with fiancés friend during a break years ago-his current gf is mad and demanding sex from my fiancé?

Yeah, she hosed her fiance's friend.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Theophany posted:

Yeah, she hosed her fiance's friend.
Maybe I'm just inappropriately possessive but I can't understand how relationships can recover after a break like that. I'm okay with someone I'm dating having had a sex life before me, but I'm totally not okay with it happening during me. It's irrevocable, like spending the rest of your life whenever you see any media or hearing any friends talk about fidelity and you just have to sort of sit there like an incel pretending to find 40 year old virgin funny feels like such an unnecessary cross to bear. They found someone else at least once, why can't you?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ArbitraryC posted:

Maybe I'm just inappropriately possessive but I can't understand how relationships can recover after a break like that. I'm okay with someone I'm dating having had a sex life before me, but I'm totally not okay with it happening during me. It's irrevocable, like spending the rest of your life whenever you see any media or hearing any friends talk about fidelity and you just have to sort of sit there like an incel pretending to find 40 year old virgin funny feels like such an unnecessary cross to bear. They found someone else at least once, why can't you?

Idk if I'd call it 'inappropriately possessive.' It's just another example of how people's brains have been broken by romantic comedies enough to think that 'going on a break' is a thing and not just some childishly entitled way of justifying that you want to have your cake (stable relationship) and eat it too (gently caress around).

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but ain't no way I'd tolerate it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I [32M] caught my boyfriend [33M] doing heroin and I don't know what to do.

quote:

Background:

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 1.5 years. We love each other and already have been talking about long term future plans.

We are both very busy- I'm in the medical field and he is in the culinary industry. We both have long and sometimes opposite hours.

My boyfriend lives in a suburb 20-30 minutes north of the main city and doesn't have a car (his job is walking distance). Most of the people he knows live near where I live.

I don't use any drugs. I drink a beer or two during the week and drink a lot more on special occassions. My boyfriend has a history of drug use since he was 15. I'm not sure the extent but I'm pretty sure he's done everything under the sun. In the past 6 months, I have gotten him to decrease his alcohol intake dramatically. In the past month, he has switched from a pack/1-2 days of cigarettes to an e-cig. He uses a Xanax and Klonopin once in awhile for sleep. He smokes a bong daily.

The issue:

Yesterday, we came home and he was going to make dinner but wanted to shower first. It had been 40 minutes, just slightly longer than usual so I wanted to make sure he was ok. I knocked and he opened the door looking all hosed up sitting on the toiler. He said he was taking a crap. But then I saw a needle, a spoon, and matches on the floor.

He revealed to me that he had been doing this for a month. He says that he felt that his family and friends had left him isolated- again, he lives by himself in a small suburb with no car and no friends in the area. He said that there were a couple of times that his sister and then his parents (who live 4 hours away) were in the area and didn't even tell him. His best friend who lives 5 hours away was supposed to visit and didn't. He also showed me a bottle of Methadone that he had gotten from someone else and exclaiming that he just wanted to finish the last of the supply before he started the Methadone. But also he kept saying that because of his work, he can't get the 3 days to get clean that he wants.

I told him I would think about what this means. I know I already came in the relationship knowing that he drank, smoked, and did other drugs. That's why one of the things I am considering is why this drug? Why now? I feel like using meth or heroin are the "hard core" drugs that I don't know how to deal with. Maybe I should have been concerned about the alcoholism and tobacco use and the non-prescription benzo use more.

I also want to think that the heroin use is a symptom of his isolation and loneliness. And that maybe he had already noted it was a problem and that's why he has that bottle of Methadone. But maybe I'm being naive.

I want some time by myself to think things through. However, if I take him back home by himself, he'll be alone and I don't want to feel like I'm abandoning him.

Please help me.

TL;DR: I caught my boyfriend doing heroin. He says he started because he felt lonely and depressed. I am not comfortable with hard core drug use in the relationship but I also don't want to abandon him.
Yikes.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My (21M) dad (37M) is sleeping with my ex girlfriend (26F). I don't want to speak to either of them at all. I just found out that my ex is pregnant by him, and that they are keeping the baby. Not sure how to feel.

quote:

Went out with this girl Alice for 10 months. I liked her... but it turned out she was cheating on me with other men, and so I dumped her.

My dad... well is an eccentric guy. He was a model, and a coke addict for a while, was a relatively successful actor in a bunch of plays and did a few roles in movies and television shows. He has always been unbelievably promiscuous and wild, with both men and women. I mean he would just go to other countries and party the entire time, leaving my mom to raise us. He would tell her they were in an open relationship so it was 'okay', but I think she just stayed with him for the money. I've always kind of hated him as a dad. I was known as being the guy with the 'hot dad' to all my friends, the weirdo eccentric dad, the dad who walks around in just his underwear while I had friends over. I am actually pretty positive that he did sleep with a friend of mine one time when my friend was sleeping over that month (got kicked out of his house).

So obviously, the last straw which broken the camels back (more like brick) was when I found out he was sleeping with Alice a month after I broke up. She just straight up told me, because she felt it was weird that I didn't know and she didn't want it to be some secret. I got into a huge, huge argument with my dad, just went right to his house and flipped a poo poo. He just kept on acting so blase about the whole entire thing, like it was totally normal to do that because sex should be a free spirited thing and we shouldn't be tied down by social expectations and blah blah blah. He always brings up how in his country (france) its totally normal to have relationships like that, and that I am just an american who doesn't understand sex. I was furious, honestly, this was literally a month after they broke up. I just decided, that's it, I am done here. Not speaking to this guy.

5 months went by of no contact. The alice thing was the last straw, but it was really a build up of him being a complete and utter rear end in a top hat my entire childhood. Then, I find out through her facebook, she is literally pregnant. By him. She wrote all this stuff about how she is in love with him and everything and that she wants to spend the rest of her life with him. No plans of marriage, I am SURE he struck that down right away so that he can cheat on her and have an excuse to leave any time he wants to go to brazil and gently caress around 5 times a year.

I don't even know how to feel about this. I mean... that would be my brother/sister. gently caress.

How do I deal with this? Start talking with them again, and just leave this all behind me? Alice is in NO state in her life to raise a kid, she does way too many drugs and has barely any education. My dad is gonna be a terrible father, possibly even leaving the kid. I just have all these emotions about this. Not to mention, my mother of course is ecstatic about this and constantly wants me to talk to them. She is not 'with' my dad anymore, but she keeps in contact with him consistently and they live in the same building on different floors. She keeps saying "I would love to have another baby around!" as if its gonna be her baby lol.

TL;DR - - Dated a girl, she cheated on me. Then started to date my dad. Now she is pregnant.

His Dad is Richard Bates from Californication.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Theophany posted:

[b]My (21M) dad (37M) is sleeping with my ex girlfriend (26F). I don't want to speak to either of them at all. I just found out that my ex is pregnant by him, and that they are keeping the baby. Not sure how to feel.

He always brings up how in his country (france) its totally normal to have relationships like that, and that I am just an american who doesn't understand sex

There should be a birding book for /r/relationships, except instead of birds, the entries should be "in my culture, this is okay" and "we were on a break".

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nonathlon posted:

There should be a birding book for /r/relationships, except instead of birds, the entries should be "in my culture, this is okay" and "we were on a break".

Cheating is clearly his love language.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

LadyPictureShow posted:

We are both very busy- I'm in the medical field and he is in the culinary industry. We both have long and sometimes opposite hours.

lede sticking a hand up out of the ground it's buried so shallow, but lol if you think anyone in a kitchen isn't eventually gonna do something harder than weed and kratom

dude sounds like my best friend except in this case he's not forced to PO meetings that make him stay reasonably clean. lifehack: get felony probation, stop doing heroin

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Theophany posted:

My (21M) dad (37M) is sleeping with my ex girlfriend (26F). I don't want to speak to either of them at all. I just found out that my ex is pregnant by him, and that they are keeping the baby. Not sure how to feel.

His Dad is Richard Bates from Californication.

he can own his half brother for the rest of his life. "yeah well i hosed your mom!"

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
"I was inspired by my best friend's twin daughters named Taylee and Rylee to choose the beautiful name Moonlynne."

:killing:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 8, 2018

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

"I was inspired by my best friend's twin daughters named Taylee and Rylee to choose the beautiful name Moonlynne."

I really hope the family is just trolling her into not picking such a horrible name.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

TheKennedys posted:

lede sticking a hand up out of the ground it's buried so shallow, but lol if you think anyone in a kitchen isn't eventually gonna do something harder than weed and kratom

dude sounds like my best friend except in this case he's not forced to PO meetings that make him stay reasonably clean. lifehack: get felony probation, stop doing heroin

All the drugs definitely explains a lot about my brief stints in kitchen work, I clearly wasn't being supplied with the proper equipment. At least at the office there's a water boiler for the instant coffee.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

They end up having twins, name them Moon and Lynne.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Fine, fine. Name your kid whatever dipshit thing that flitters across your attention span. But Moonlynne doesn't just look dumb and puts the wrong consonants together it also sounds bad!

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with your personal boundaries on this, but other people just don't feel the same about sex and relationships.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I named my second daughter McKlarty. Then we had a son and we had to name him Bluetooth after my wife's great-uncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I named my second daughter McKlarty. Then we had a son and we had to name him Bluetooth after my wife's great-uncle.

I can't wait to see Nayvie McHanus-Blatch being sworn in as POTUS in TYOOL 2068.