Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Feonir posted:

The real secret of BLM is just eat the AoE with manaward, if you didn't die you didn't have to move. More fire 4.

The real secret of BLM appears to be casting white magic, because I just unlocked RDM and god drat it's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I kinda wish Vercure and Verraise raised the WHM gauge for RDM while Tether raised the BLM gauge.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I kinda wish Vercure and Verraise raised the WHM gauge for RDM while Tether raised the BLM gauge.

Well, Vercure and Verraise actually get used sometimes. I'm pretty sure the only time I have ever fired Tether in anger was to see if it would work on things in PotD. Turns out it largely doesn't.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Just putting this sick glam here rn

https://twitter.com/ETCanada/status/993630409954127875

:v:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Archbishop Thordanielle VII (Popemom EX)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

isk posted:

Archbishop Thordanielle VII (Popemom EX)

:discourse:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

drat I need to farm comms

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Well, Vercure and Verraise actually get used sometimes. I'm pretty sure the only time I have ever fired Tether in anger was to see if it would work on things in PotD. Turns out it largely doesn't.

I used it in Eureka!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah I wish there were honest RDMs too

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

Yeah I wish there were honest RDMs too

I wish I could find the reddit post where some dipshit was adamant that any RDMs that weren't doing a 50/50 split between healing and DPS were bads

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

I wish I could find the reddit post where some dipshit was adamant that any RDMs that weren't doing a 50/50 split between healing and DPS were bads

Ive yet to find a situation where Vercure was useful, but Verraise is kinda nice, fought Zurvan yesterday where all DPS died and healer raised one RDM who raised another RDM and then all the rest DPS

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Get your Sephiroth cosplay ready because they added Angel and Devil costumes to the mogstation.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Vercure is good sometimes while soloing or for keeping yourself alive in eureka, but it basically shouldn't ever be cast in group content.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Frontline when a team has 3+ healers is loving insufferable poo poo because it's impossible to actually get the full 72 man poo poo.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ImpAtom posted:

Get your Sephiroth cosplay ready because they added Angel and Devil costumes to the mogstation.

So many people complaining about wings and I'm just looking at the Dreadwyrm sets all "uh huh."

Granted these ones look terrible compared to that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Vercure can be okay to give yourself Dualcast while a boss is hosed off and you don't have to move just yet, I guess.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

“I want to verraise this lv 5 in eureka that got eaten by alligators but attacking something alone in eureka is never a good idea” is a very good reason to vercure

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Vercure is nice in Rabanastre for healing myself when my party healers are clearly unable to keep up with unavoidable damage (mostly on Hashmal).

I'll also generally use Vercure to trigger dualcast for a Verraise so I don't have to worry about target swapping during the dualcast.

Also the winged outfits look really bad, but I'm impressed that somebody has already made a mod to remove the wings from the dresses.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 8, 2018

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

looks like another stuff that was originally aimed at chinese/korean players

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Is it also 20 bucks?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I fell out of this shortly after stormblood released since most of my friends moved onto other things and the scholar got turbofucked, but was thinking about getting into it again. What new cool things are around in the game? And also what are the dumpster classes now?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

ChaseSP posted:

Is it also 20 bucks?

Only 18 :)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

I fell out of this shortly after stormblood released since most of my friends moved onto other things and the scholar got turbofucked, but was thinking about getting into it again. What new cool things are around in the game? And also what are the dumpster classes now?

Scholar got fixed almost immediately by being given back Miasma II, which also got buffed to 100 potency initial hit, which in combination with your other aoe options probably gives one of, if not the highest aoe damage in the game right now, besides the powerhouses that are blm and smn.

There were some fixes to healing things too, but those aren't as important IMO.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do wish that MCH had a slightly more fun AoE game. Even a Heated Spread Shot would be nice.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah I figured that the scholar would be fixed pretty quickly, but that doesnt answer the real question: what are the insanely stupid reasons people complain about certain classes now

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Control Volume posted:

Yeah I figured that the scholar would be fixed pretty quickly, but that doesnt answer the real question: what are the insanely stupid reasons people complain about certain classes now

BLM gets some complaints for mobility, though they did reduce a mobility cooldown by a shitton recently.

I think MCH is the most 'contentious' though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

"my aoe rotation is boring" for most classes.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Control Volume posted:

SCH got a lot of buffs, got a spammable AOE in Miasma II, and Succor is useful (though usually not ideal) again, so it’s really good now. Different from 3.x SCH, but fine. The weakest job right now is probably SAM, but it’s still perfectly fine for non-Savage content, and most Savage for that matter so long as you ignore The Balance and its hateful Pepe-spamming natives.

New stuff that isn’t bad is Rabanastre, Delta/Sigmascape raids, and a few dungeons. A patch should be launching at the end of the month too, which will bring a new 24-person raid, a dungeon, and PotD 2.0 among other things.

Apropos of nothing:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I do wish that MCH had a slightly more fun AoE game. Even a Heated Spread Shot would be nice.

i'd settle for Flamethrower not being janky garbage that randomly decides to interrupt itself when you're standing still

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Apropos of nothing:

Pict: a crime elf fleeing into the arms of an accomplice after an attempted book theft from a mutant tiger.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

They need to bring back Grenado Shot as Heated Spread Shot. I've said this so many times.

a medical mystery posted:

i'd settle for Flamethrower not being janky garbage that randomly decides to interrupt itself when you're standing still

I have never had this problem.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
These cash shop prices are straight up silly.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Oof. Maaaybe I'll wait till prime time to do this one.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cabbit posted:

Does your server have goons on it?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Cabbit posted:

Looks like an excalibur dps queue to me

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

orcane posted:

Does your server have goons on it?

Probably not. I'm on Siren, because it seemed to be the most populous of the preferred servers and I wanted that double XP so I could easily skip most non-MSQ stuff (which worked out great!).

I haven't really had any problem with the queues thus far, but it is 11 AM..

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I did that one recently and had to wait a while too. Not as bad as the queue says though; maybe 15 minutes?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Beefeater posted:

I did that one recently and had to wait a while too. Not as bad as the queue says though; maybe 15 minutes?
My experience is that the queues are usually about a third or a half longer than they actually are, assuming you're doing something with some throughput (Meridianum, Shisui, Aery, whatever - something people actually run now and again). Like if it says a number over 5 minutes you can definitely go get a glass of water or take a piss.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Nessus posted:

My experience is that the queues are usually about a third or a half longer than they actually are, assuming you're doing something with some throughput (Meridianum, Shisui, Aery, whatever - something people actually run now and again). Like if it says a number over 5 minutes you can definitely go get a glass of water or take a piss.

24 man raids seem to be an exception to this in my experience--maybe 1/3 of the time it'll pop within 5 minutes even when it says like 15. Thankfully if you miss a prompt rather than explicitly declining you can just re-queue immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Nessus posted:

Like if it says a number over 5 minutes you can definitely go get a glass of water or take a piss.

The sheer number of "Unable to confirm entry. Duty registration has been withdrawn" errors I've come back to would suggest otherwise, but that might just be the curse of the queues in action.