Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Whom did Dark_Tzitime bribe to make this happen? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Hood-O...Outlaws+omnibus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh.

UGH.

Anywho, new arrival yesterday

BUT THE BOOK IS RED UNDER THE DUST JACKET. Every other Valiant HC is black!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Deluxe Valiant books gently caress yeeaahhhh

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
OS Valiant HCs are the best HCs.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I have a lot of catching up to do on Valiant OHCs and buying them feels like a weird game of Russian roulette at times. Except instead of having a chance of taking a bullet and dying you have a chance of not buying a book that is going out of print next week. :suicide:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I rearranged some of my bookshelves recently:

I think it's kind of obvious that I started from the bottom and sort of lost interest by the time I got to the top, though.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think it's kind of obvious that I started from the bottom and sort of lost interest by the time I got to the top, though.

Can't believe you'd give Squadron Supreme and Acts of Vengeance a shelf spot over Dr. Strange. :arghfist::(

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Move that silver age Flash book next to the other ones and I’ll give you a B+.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JordanKai posted:

Can't believe you'd give Squadron Supreme and Acts of Vengeance a shelf spot over Dr. Strange. :arghfist::(

Disclaimer: it's the 90s Doctor Strange by Roy Thomas.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Disclaimer: it's the 90s Doctor Strange by Roy Thomas.

Ah okay. Respectable decision.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Is there anything significant missing from the Hellboy Library editions? I know its going to be more expensive than buying the omnibus editions that are coming out soon but I like the art so much that it warrants a large hardcover set.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that if I want the rest of the Hellboy universe stuff its going to be in various forms that don't necessarily look like a coherent whole.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TheManWithNoName posted:

Move that silver age Flash book next to the other ones and I’ll give you a B+.

Unfortunately it doesn't quite fit. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrFlibble posted:

Is there anything significant missing from the Hellboy Library editions? I know its going to be more expensive than buying the omnibus editions that are coming out soon but I like the art so much that it warrants a large hardcover set.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that if I want the rest of the Hellboy universe stuff its going to be in various forms that don't necessarily look like a coherent whole.

I say this a lot but I have them and don't see the need to keep them at this point, would sell for reasonable price.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I say this a lot but I have them and don't see the need to keep them at this point, would sell for reasonable price.

While I am sure this is true, and the offer is appreciated - something tells me the cost of shipping 7 giant hardcover books to merry olde england would be eye raising.

Edit: Of course I meant eye raising and not eye brow raising which might seem to make more sense at first glance.

MrFlibble fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 10, 2018

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone ever had TPBs bound? I have a BUNCH of old Dark Horse Star Wars TPBs that I have incomplete single issue collections of, and I wouldn't mind consolidating them down into bound hardcovers, but dunno what the final product would look like.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrFlibble posted:

While I am sure this is true, and the offer is appreciated - something tells me the cost of shipping 7 giant hardcover books to merry olde england would be eye raising.

Edit: Of course I meant eye raising and not eye brow raising which might seem to make more sense at first glance.

Oh yeah, across the pond would be bonkers.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

If we're just talking Hellboy and not extended universe stuff like BPRD and Abe Sapien, all of Hellboy is collected in the seven library editions with the exception of:

-Some stuff from the 'Hellboy in Mexico' TPB
-Hellboy Weird Tales
-The three OGNs (Midnight Circus, Into the Silent Sea, and House of the Living Dead)

All of these except for Hellboy in Mexico are available in hardcover, just not huge library edition-sized ones.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

JordanKai posted:

If we're just talking Hellboy and not extended universe stuff like BPRD and Abe Sapien, all of Hellboy is collected in the seven library editions with the exception of:

-Some stuff from the 'Hellboy in Mexico' TPB
-Hellboy Weird Tales
-The three OGNs (Midnight Circus, Into the Silent Sea, and House of the Living Dead)

All of these except for Hellboy in Mexico are available in hardcover, just not huge library edition-sized ones.

Thanks! I haven't read all of Hellboy (or most, I only have the first library edition so far) but i'm interested in starting Abe Sapien next seeing as hes a cool character (they're releasing the third hardcover, which actually collects volumes 1 and 2 as well as 9 I think, in july so i'll probably order that). If I can enjoy the series without Mignolas art I'll probably move onto B.P.R.D and the others eventually - but in paperback omnibus form.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Define "reasonable"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Define "reasonable"

75% of retail plus shipping?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

jivjov posted:

Has anyone ever had TPBs bound? I have a BUNCH of old Dark Horse Star Wars TPBs that I have incomplete single issue collections of, and I wouldn't mind consolidating them down into bound hardcovers, but dunno what the final product would look like.

I still haven't gotten anything bound, but I have definitely seen pictures by people who have had TPBs bound. It works quite well, but apparently the gutter-loss can be worse when using trades so keep that in mind.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

MrFlibble posted:

One thing to keep in mind is that the new Omnibuses(i)? are being printed in chronological order while the library editions are in publication order.

I was waffling myself, and wound up going with the library editions.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

jivjov posted:

I have done it. As mentioned the gutter loss can be more significant. Removing the covers was a pain in the rear end. I used a hair dryer to heat the glue and slowly pealed them apart. I found some old beat up ex library copies of Hellblazer and bound the missing Swamp Thing issues in. If you are just binding the trades you can probably razor off the covers and the bindery can grind off the glued spine. I think that's what I did with my walking dead bind.

Edit: Old lovely pictures...

sporklift fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 12, 2018

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Just got the Fourth World omnibus. Goddamn that thing is big.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

Just got the Fourth World omnibus. Goddamn that thing is big.

OTOH, secondary uses are important and now you have a home security system

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The only other omnibus I’ve got is the silver age Sheild / Fury one. Which is not that big.

Good value though. A lot of comics for a hundred Canadian. I haven’t checked to see if this is the printing error version or not but honestly I’m fine either way.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I never got to read the full Multiversity run and I wanted to know what is best way to do so, either in HC or TPB.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

How much do you guys think it will cost to buy the Annihilation TPs, and have them combined into a omnibus of sorts?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

radlum posted:

I never got to read the full Multiversity run and I wanted to know what is best way to do so, either in HC or TPB.

The TPB is fine, although the map is like, right in the middle so you lose some of it to the gutter. I don't know about the HC, it might be bound so it can lay flat better. I don't think there's any content differences though.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
Hu, my local comic shop appears to have the HC of Justice, which I didn't know existed and can't seem to find online. Should I go for it?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

obi_ant posted:

How much do you guys think it will cost to buy the Annihilation TPs, and have them combined into a omnibus of sorts?

The actual binding costs around $25 I think. Factor in shipping both ways to the bindery as well. Then the cost of the trades or single issues.

Or just buy mine.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sporklift1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

sporklift fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 18, 2018

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Been looking at my book collection to see what I can sell off, decided to make a little spreadsheet of the books that I had. I've sold off my collection at like 3 times at this point, but I don't seem myself doing that again. I can't really tell the difference between OSHC and HC, so I just combined the two into HCs. Thought it was a little interesting. Tons of Dark Horse cause I'm collecting Berserk which is already like 38 books.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Just checking in - any chance that Kirby & Lee's 1978 "Silver Surfer Graphic Novel: The Ultimate Cosmic Experience" will get reprinted anytime soon?

I heard that the rights were held up, but ffs Marvel's got Disney money now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Huh, I didn't realize it was published by Simon & Schuster. Weird.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
It hasn’t been re-released in 30 years... so :thunk:

I keep debating paying the 30-40 dollars for it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shawn posted:

It hasn’t been re-released in 30 years... so :thunk:

I keep debating paying the 30-40 dollars for it.

That is less than a new AAA video game. It is worth it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I did and it was worth it

It is the ultimate cosmic experience after all. And that is definitely worth $40.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh, I gave my copy away before the price shot up because I'm dumb.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Endless Mike posted:

Huh, I didn't realize it was published by Simon & Schuster. Weird.
I wonder if it was before Marvel had any sort of internal graphic novel publishing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ollie's got a huge pile of Marvel trades so I went back to take another look. Rummaged through, found a Lex Luthor 75th HC for $5 so I grabbed that and a DOFP hc and a handful of $3 books. If you join their silly email club you get 15% off coupons so I made out like a bandit. And then filed them on my shelves and discovered I'd doubled dipped on a bunch of them.