Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I guarentee they will call it a dildo on the customs form.

:toxx:

I will accept my ban in 3 months when it arrives labeled as "sex toy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bored posted:

It causes air pollution?!

Nah, that just means that you won't care about air pollution while you masturbate

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Male Tears posted:

Anyone have experience with buying more expensive clothes on Ali? I really love the print on this shirt but am wary of dropping $60 on something that could potentially be trash. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32864667828.html

My mind wants to believe a goonette wants the shirt and looks like the model wearing it. Sadly I’m almost assuredly wrong.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

nonathlon posted:

I bought some moderate priced items (i.e. not cheap but not expensive), trousers and a jacket. It was a bit of a mixed experience: inevitably nothing looks as good as it does in the picture, fabric was thinner than you'd expect. Oddly, I thought I'd worked out sizing with the cheaper clothes (order two sizes up) but some of the more expensive items gave specific sizes (32 inch waist, 40 inch chest) which sometimes was accurate ... and sometimes not.

Aliexpress is a perfect example of a lemon market, especially for clothes. The pictures are all stock images, the sizing is dodgy, and there's a metric fuckton of idiots lining up to give good reviews to any hideous polyester abomination.

Take this shoe store. They know all the right words for quality (goodyear welt, calfskin etc etc.), and for all I know they're just as good as any high end American or European maker. Problem is, they're also in the same price range and there's no good reason to trust some rando Chinese brand over a well known British or American one I can go down to the high street to prod with my greasy fingers. Hell, they could on par with the real fancy poo poo that comes in at twice the price, there's just no way of knowing.

Probably not though.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm the sipriks watermark on the sole, not the toe.

Cum Galleon
Oct 16, 2004

Your shipment has arrived.
They're for cartoon men to wear when they drop a hammer on their toe and it bursts out of their normal shoes.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Thanks to whomever recommended the unlabeled ray-bans or whatever they were, the acetate sunglasses. Mine came and are quite nice and feel very solid.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

subpar anachronism posted:

Thanks to whomever recommended the unlabeled ray-bans or whatever they were, the acetate sunglasses. Mine came and are quite nice and feel very solid.

I bought them too and they're so nice my teenager already stole them

The black looks nicer than the tortoise imo

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

I bought a different set of sunglasses from the same store and was disappointed that they do not have proper hinges in them (they were a plastic frame pair) so beware

Edit: although at $8 i'm not actually complaining

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Piggy Smalls posted:

My mind wants to believe a goonette wants the shirt and looks like the model wearing it. Sadly I’m almost assuredly wrong.

Stop fantasizing about people who post non-fetish clothing questions in this thread, ya weirdo.

It's a blouse that would pass as business casual.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What was the store again?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Snowy posted:

What was the store again?

This guy?

http://x.yupoo.com/photos/aooko/albums

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It’s hard to tell between a bunch of those, have you guys tried on raybans in person first or just going for it?

And thanks

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Mocking Bird posted:

I bought them too and they're so nice my teenager already stole them

The black looks nicer than the tortoise imo

The adolescent thievery stamp of approval. High praise indeed.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The tshirt I ordered came with a free temporary tattoo!

...but the words on it aren't mirrored, so they'll be mirrored on my skin, instead.

I love this site.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

KirbyKhan posted:

I guarentee they will call it a dildo on the customs form.

:toxx:

I will accept my ban in 3 months when it arrives labeled as "sex toy".

About a year ago I once bought a device for personal lady pleasure and when it was delivered it said in big letters on the customs form "ANAL SEX TOY".

It's not even for the butt. Also the package carrier was the most awkward teenage boy I've ever seen and he wouldn't make eye contact with me.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ralph Crammed In posted:

About a year ago I once bought a device for personal lady pleasure and when it was delivered it said in big letters on the customs form "ANAL SEX TOY".

a quality username/post combo

edt:

also

morituri te salutant!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fas...2786973595.html

there is a wonderful rabbithole of really loving weird mens sandals if you follow the related products etc :prepop:

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 9, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

NoneMoreNegative posted:

morituri te salutant!

there is a wonderful rabbithole of really loving weird mens sandals if you follow the related products etc :prepop:

That's going to leave the weirdest tan lines.

I wonder if the model always shaves his legs, or if it was just for the photoshoot? Looks fresh. Did they hire a white model only to discover he had Robin Williams levels of hairiness?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

why do I like those sandals

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

The Snoo posted:

why do I like those sandals

Powerful latin aesthetics

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I don't think I knew any guys who didn't have a boner for 300

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

a quality username/post combo

edt:

also

morituri te salutant!

Whoa whoa whoa

Belts and laces? Sold.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

it's like something from a german 90s techno video

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I bought these and they are wonderful; https://www.aliexpress.com/item/STA-12-24-36-48-80-Color-Art-Brush-Sketch-Marker-Pens-Water-Based-Ink-Twin/32814522995.html

They seem very similar to ones I've used in an art class in the past. My partner says they are knockoffs of a famous brand but may have been made in the same factory or something. I'm not familiar enough with watercolor markers to know what brands are famous.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Staedler? I think that’s what it’s called

e:I think it’s staedtler

heehee fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 10, 2018

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Look like knock off Copic markers to me. If they're as good as Copics, they're a steal.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

heeheex2 posted:

Staedler? I think that’s what it’s called

e:I think it’s staedtler
Yeah, the STA "brand" in the Staetdler font is a giveaway.

Those look really good! I might snag a set myself. I have such a weak spot for pens and pencils and stuff. Not the expensive kind, but point me toward a well-stocked stationery store and I am gone.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

Yeah, the STA "brand" in the Staetdler font is a giveaway.

Those look really good! I might snag a set myself. I have such a weak spot for pens and pencils and stuff. Not the expensive kind, but point me toward a well-stocked stationery store and I am gone.

Yeah, I love them. There were other vendors where you pick your own colours but that seemed annoying so I got the 24 pack and am very happy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
They’re genuinely not even close to Copic quality and overall they’re unreliable and mix poorly.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Pick posted:

They’re genuinely not even close to Copic quality and overall they’re unreliable and mix poorly.

That brand of them? Shame. I tested them all and did mixing to test as well. I was impressed but wasn't sure if they'd hold up. Unreliable makes sense, though. :smith:

Edit: I also use them to map out neuropharmacology diagrams, not to do illustration or real drawing, so I'm probably not the best tester or use case.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 10, 2018

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Templates arrived. They are cool albiet a little floppy and thin but they will template happily into my autism stimming useless gay bullet journal.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Custom face for your "causal" bamboo watch:

http://s.aliexpress.com/BVFfQJ3E
It's in today's freebies.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oben posted:

I got one of these ones:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wir...2816641141.html

Works from the other side of the house. Is your phone ok?

Thanks for the recommendation, this one works just fine.
some stereo sound leaking between channels, but for a cheap adapter I don't complain.

The poo poo one I got before that was poo poo all the way even with more testing.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Went to get a pandora charm for mothers day. There was a line to get into the store. 15 minute wait, said if i wanted to wait ill buy it online.....

SO. for a tiny fraction of the price i ordered the same charm from aliexpress (And a few others and still had change). Choose a store thats been open for 4 years and good reviews, but when they arrive whats the best test to make sure it is real silver?

vivica
Feb 22, 2005

Oben posted:

I got one of these ones:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wir...2816641141.html

Works from the other side of the house. Is your phone ok?

There are two for sale on that page, the BT2 and BT8 which one did you buy?

Thanks.

Tehdas
Dec 30, 2012

Pick posted:

Copics are alcohol based, and they explicitly say they are water based, so prolly comparing to water based markers might be a better idea?

HazCat
May 4, 2009

They're knock off Tombows, not Copics. Same colour range and all.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Ralph Crammed In posted:

It's not even for the butt. Also the package carrier was the most awkward teenage boy I've ever seen and he wouldn't make eye contact with me.

After being forced to watch watching the 1st 50 shades movie, my wife challenged me to buy a riding crop after a conversation related to the movie. None of the adult shops were open, and indeed the challenge was made. A week or 2 later, a riding crop turned up in the mail and as I'm told the postman had a very sardonic smile on his face, and gave her a wink when it was delivered. I regret not being able to see the look on her face.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

vivica posted:

There are two for sale on that page, the BT2 and BT8 which one did you buy?

Thanks.
I got a bt8. No idea what the difference is, except how they look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Meskhenet posted:

Went to get a pandora charm for mothers day. There was a line to get into the store. 15 minute wait, said if i wanted to wait ill buy it online.....

SO. for a tiny fraction of the price i ordered the same charm from aliexpress (And a few others and still had change). Choose a store thats been open for 4 years and good reviews, but when they arrive whats the best test to make sure it is real silver?

Someone bought me a pandora bracelet a couple of years back, but I didn’t want to waste loads of money on their overpriced charms. Bought a whole bag of them off AE and they are pretty good quality. Pandora stuff is mostly cheap crap anyway, it’s worth pennies, they just stick it in loads of packaging to make it look exciting.