Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I spoke too soon and now her replacement got domed too. Commander Chad "Ouch" Thundercock welcomes Whisper to the team. I will bother learning her name if she survives three sorties.

If you think any mechwarrior is more valuable than the mech they drive you're crazy. I'd pick the salvage off the field before the dead.

If you save scum the mech survives too so I'm not seeing the comparison

Edit: I'm going to point out that I only came close to losing glitch once and she managed to survive being knocked out of the battle. I think an NPC pilot surviving that is like 5% chance? I haven't actually done any save scumming yet but I'm just saying I will if I have to.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ill say it if ebb wont: save scumming is weird and bad

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
My Glitch survived a fight incapacitated then died on my ship to some accident. That sucked

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Finally found an Urbie for sale, life owns

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Russians made their own fallout/bioshock/doom guy, looks interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tEgeZrOOHM

I'll wait for actual gameplay before getting too hype, though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao at the people whining about the main Far Cry 5 ending

that poo poo was hilarious

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fallom posted:

lmao at the people whining about the main Far Cry 5 ending

that poo poo was hilarious

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
It's not so much the ending as much as it is there's gently caress all to do post story. I miss those rolling fights on dirt roads that lead to outposts going on alert that results in enemy air support :argh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's true. You can reset outposts but it's make your own fun until the expansions.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Apparently the new Destiny 2 expansion is just a bunch of reused content. What the gently caress happened to Bungie?

quote:

2/3 of Destiny 2’s Warmind Strikes are reused campaign levels, the third is exclusive to PlayStation. The only new and original Strike is exclusive to PlayStation. These are advertised as new and seperate content, same as they are in the original game. However in the new DLC Warmind two of them are literally just the last two campaign levels, with the third and only original content one being exclusive to PlayStation.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2-...ystation.41309/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Activision happened.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
glad i never gave a gently caress about halo and that led to me not giving a gently caress about destiny because lmfbo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I mean I think Destiny is a joke as much as the next person but that’s literally been every update since D1

The first big D1 update was a few campaign levels but backwards and a reused enemy model with a different skin

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 9, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

God drat Battletech teasing me with an Atlas II for one mission :argh:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
did they fix load times

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Vasudus posted:

did they fix load times

i've never had any issues with them

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's a Steam thing. The DRM they (the game publisher) use absolutely wrecks your I/O and balloons the gently caress out of load times. After a few weeks companies tend to patch out their DRM because they've made their initial surge of money.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I have btech on steam. Load times are a few seconds. Maybe you have other problems too?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
man i'm not making this poo poo up there's hundreds of posts talking about it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah i've just never had any issues, idk i guess i'm lucky

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vasudus posted:

There’s also hundreds of posts about pronouns so......

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Vasudus posted:

Ya I know. I just wonder what the real cause is. Im not on some super duper computer or anything. It's an old 480gb SSD, 6gb 1060, with an i7 7700 4.2ghz 16gb ram. Good but the gear is not anything close to bleeding edge.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've got an exceptionally good brand new machine. A unity engine game shouldn't be causing these problems, not when a pirated copy doesn't have it. Because there's no DRM.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

huh, i just built mine too and have absolutely no issues. there doesn't seemt o be any rhyme or reason to the people it affects :shrug:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

huh, i just built mine too and have absolutely no issues. there doesn't seemt o be any rhyme or reason to the people it affects :shrug:

:pcgaming:

In other news, Pillars of Eternity 2 is rad as hell.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mechy BoatMechface

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mechy BoatMechface

Boaty Mechboatface

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

God drat Battletech teasing me with an Atlas II for one mission :argh:

That monarch is real grateful after you win the war for her.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Pillars of Eternity 2 owns, it's impressive how much they've improved over the first one

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Mustang posted:

Pillars of Eternity 2 owns, it's impressive how much they've improved over the first one

1 was pretty loving good so I'm totally going to get this soon

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

It's pretty much the BG2 to Pillars of Eternity, to the point that it will be difficult to go back to it after playing PoE 2

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Do you need to have played the first to know what's up with the second? I missed the boat the first time around.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

If you read a synopsis of the story and major decisions of the first one you should be fine.

However the first one is a great game once it gets going, the beginning is a little slow.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Capn Beeb posted:

Do you need to have played the first to know what's up with the second? I missed the boat the first time around.

All you really need to know is :

Gods are man made
They are assholes

Thats it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mods change my name posted:

1 was pretty loving good so I'm totally going to get this soon

Nearly every post I’ve seen about the first game on SA has been people bitching about it and now that I’m actually playing the game it’s obvious goons were being insanely petty. The same goes for pretty much every cRPG revival game that came out in the last few years, really. I’m not sure why people can’t get the stick out of their rear end.

It’ll probably be months before I’m ready to play the sequel, unfortunately.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
loving word. I'm sold. Do you start a new person or can you import old one?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Fallom posted:

Nearly every post I’ve seen about the first game on SA has been people bitching about it and now that I’m actually playing the game it’s obvious goons were being insanely petty.

Goons tend to amp themselves up to high expectations in games. About 4/10 will be total sycophants who will defend literally every thing, about 5 dudes who are even keeled, and one mental dude. Numbers may vary based on production value of said game

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Anything kick started is always fuckin mental because people think they're buying a new reality or whatever though

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

mods change my name posted:

loving word. I'm sold. Do you start a new person or can you import old one?

you can import your PoE 1 completed save or you can generate a new one and select choices for the big decisions to replicate importing a save. Regardless you're always the Watcher from PoE 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Gives me a reason to play a new game before i buy 2 😎

I think i just did a fighter anyway tho