Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Artificer posted:

Isn't almond production for almond milk still better than cow milk production?

yeah probably because almond milk is like <0.1% almonds or something anyways

i still love it bc im lactose intolerant so almond milk is a godsend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Depending on what I’ve read either the water usage amounts are similar or almond milk requires tons more water, while most agree that CO2 emission is less for almonds.

I think it comes down to what % almonds there are per liter of almond milk. If the amount is like that of homemade almond milk, almond milk probably requires far more water. In a much more efficient commercial process with much less almonds in there (really, 0.1%?) that’s when almonds win water amounts.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

HelloSailorSign posted:

In a much more efficient commercial process with much less almonds in there (really, 0.1%?) that’s when almonds win water amounts.

I was exaggerating but yeah its like 2%. I buy Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla myself since its the cheapest and tastiest compared to other brands like Lucerne or Trader Joes or that awful Soy Dream(?) or Silk brand. I've tried Calif Farms and it's pretty good, but 2x the price and it may have more than 2% but I can't really tell

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I just drink soy. I'm not sure what the environmental effects of that are like, but probably better than dairy or almond.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Are the governor debates available to watch anywhere

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
No there was only one chance to see it and you hosed up. You're going to have to live with that, buddy.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Glass of Milk posted:

I think Newsom has actually been pretty vocal in his support: http://capitolweekly.net/nurses-backed-newsom-ramp-fight-universal-health-care/

I mean he seems like a robot but some robots are not evil, right?
IIRC he also posted a pretty sweet op-ed on housing a little while back.

Fake edit: https://medium.com/@GavinNewsom/the-california-dream-starts-at-home-9dbb38c51cae

I'd love to see him collaborate with Weiner on a housing bill that he'd throw his weight behind (as Governor).

Cicero fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 10, 2018

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

drilldo squirt posted:

No there was only one chance to see it and you hosed up. You're going to have to live with that, buddy.

They're all a bunch of nobodies except Newsom anyway

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm voting for the school lady, because she is cool as hell.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Sydin posted:

Also FWIW another article I read pointed out that most companies meant to be impacted by this (ie: Uber, Door Dash, other "gig" companies) probably won't care because they make their workers sign forced arbitration contracts so even if they completely flaunt the law they won't face a class action. Probably just keep on trucking and eat the few arbitration cases.

Another good reason to desecrate Antonin Scalia's gravesite.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Artificer posted:

Isn't almond production for almond milk still better than cow milk production?

yes but oat milk would be a lot, lot better than either

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

predicto posted:

yes but oat milk would be a lot, lot better than either
best suggestion:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm voting for the school lady, because she is cool as hell.

eastin? yes she is the best

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Rah! posted:

yeah, and mormons paid for a lot of it :911:

e: not as much as i thought at first, but they did pay for a big advertising campaign. all kinds religious people were against gay marriage

Don't remind me about Prop 8. I am a former Mormon and at the time I was living with my parents and was an absolutely depressed unemployed wreck of a human-being and my mom went in hard campaigning for Prop 8 it lead to some heated arguments.

Edit: FYI my hometown is an hour east of Bakersfeild it is a terrible terrible place.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Xaris posted:

yeah probably because almond milk is like <0.1% almonds or something anyways

i still love it bc im lactose intolerant so almond milk is a godsend

Unfortunately my family suffers from nut and dairy allergies so it's soy or this plant-based milk we found at the grocery. Makes some drat good horchata. :rubshands:

Also burn the almond farms to the ground.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

side_burned posted:

Edit: FYI my hometown is an hour east of Bakersfeild it is a terrible terrible place.

Central Valley is very bad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got my mail-in ballot this weekend and I have to admit, while voting based on nothing but the candidates' names is a very bad idea, I'm having a hard time not voting for a man named Kreep.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ive gotten like 2 or 3 marshall tuck mailers already gently caress that guy

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I liked the No Party Preference mailer that showed a weird assortment of candidates, some of whom had asterisks next to their names, which indicated that they'd paid to be there.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I know you guys were playing with the idea of trying to get the top two dems on the ballot for governor by voting for #2 on the primary, but the idea of Villaraigosa being on the ballot in December scares me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well I'm voting for Eastin so I'll do what I can.

Also it turns out that Judge Kreep is, in fact, a creep.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

CopperHound posted:

I know you guys were playing with the idea of trying to get the top two dems on the ballot for governor by voting for #2 on the primary, but the idea of Villaraigosa being on the ballot in December scares me.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I can't imagine how much bullshit marshall tuck is stuffing in everyones mailbox with his piles of hedge fund and charter school dollars when ive got the most poo poo from him already and i live in thurmond's old district

ps dont loving vote for marshall tuck

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol that union-busting and collecting massive piles of cash from betsy devos's ilk and spending $Texas on ipads when there arent any drat teachers is "courage". fake news!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
There's a disappointing lack of crazy in this year's candidate statements. Where's deep mind control satellites lady?

The best we have is Wattenburg's "Why not!" statement that for some reason got an entire page.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Sydin posted:

There's a disappointing lack of crazy in this year's candidate statements. Where's deep mind control satellites lady?

The best we have is Wattenburg's "Why not!" statement that for some reason got an entire page.

All the insane david icke types now just crib off trump

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Welp, filled out my ballot, now I just need to mail it off tomorrow.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

drilldo squirt posted:

Anyone else watching the debate?

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Are the governor debates available to watch anywhere

BTW the governor's debate is online for streaming here: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/California-Gubernatorial-Debate-May-8-San-Jose-482056481.html

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

lol that union-busting and collecting massive piles of cash from betsy devos's ilk and spending $Texas on ipads when there arent any drat teachers is "courage". fake news!

i always thought that ipad thing was weird too but im not in education so... w/e

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

CopperHound posted:

it's 100% going to be this

it's actually making me excited to vote for and hope gavin wins by a landslide because jesus loving christ villianrigatoni is so loving bad.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

newspapers are officially obsolete, pack it up

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cup Runneth Over posted:

newspapers are officially obsolete, pack it up

cock bros, meridith, mercers, etc have been outright buying and/or funding en-mass purchases of most local newspapers since 2000 when they realized they could suck em up for cheap, fire everyone, then just re-run propaganda garbage made for peanuts across them all.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sydin posted:

I think you missed the guy who's statement was just a hastag (you should look it up) or the guy who used this whole statement to rail against transgender people.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

In case you missed that second one:

quote:

Don J. Grundmann | NO PARTY PREFERENCE

A Campaign for Sanity. There is no such thing as “transgender.” It does not exist. What does exist are broken people who pretend to be the opposite sex and even mutilate themselves in the attempt. In our constitutional Republic we are free to be psychotic as long as we do not hurt ourselves or others but we have no right to lie to children and teach them that this mental, emotional, and spiritual pathology/sickness is normal, natural, or healthy in the slightest possible way. To do so is a very sick attack upon children and a form of child molestation. There is a massive Social Engineering campaign to normalize the soul pathology and social sickness of “transgenderism.” So-called “transgender” children are being used as weapons to attack and destroy normal/healthy children. The objective of these attacks is to warp and then break the moral foundations of increasing numbers of children so that both current and, especially, future generations will be manufactured into psychotics and destroyed. This must be stopped. The children of our state and nation must be protected from this monstrous attack. Please join the developing national campaign to save children from the transgender hysteria and to ban the transgender mutilation of children. Go toTheyAreAttackingTheChildren.org to join the fight to save our children from this war/jihad against them. And please join the Constitution Party—the last and only party in California which will fight to defend our children and families. Chairman—Constitution Party YouTube—USA vs Sodom Inc.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how does he claim to be No Party Preference and also the chairman of the Constitution Party

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Is that (USA vs Sodom), Inc. or is it USA vs (Sodom, Inc)?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shear Modulus posted:

how does he claim to be No Party Preference and also the chairman of the Constitution Party

It's not a registered party so he has to be NPP

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
well that was a weird quake, felt like someone tried to give the building a shove

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well that was a weird quake, felt like someone tried to give the building a shove

yeah it was wierd. the last one was like that too, but this one was even shorter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I've never felt a single earthquake anyone on here or NextDoor has posted about.