Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Why was his case dismissed?

Edit: victim didn't want to testify. Answered my own question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Accuser refused to testify due to the stress it would have caused

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AsInHowe posted:

Sometimes, the joke answer is the real answer.

Everything isn't a massive conspiracy out to get you. Sometimes, people are just really dumb, or incompetent. A bad fearmongering take by Deadspin.

Neither my post nor that quote was describing a conspiracy, it's just describing how low the standards are for NFL teams and NFL owners, and how little the fans care about any of this stuff.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Pretty sure most teams aren't signing any FA's right now to avoid loving themselves out of comp picks. Dez will get signed, somewhere, probably.

Signing Dez doesn't affect comp picks, because he was cut and therefore is not a free agent.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Why did the Patriots hire him? 🤔

It is illegal in Massachusetts to ask about criminal charges not resulting in a conviction (or misdemeanor charges over 5 years old, or 1st time misdemeanor convictions)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

It is illegal in Massachusetts to ask about criminal charges not resulting in a conviction (or misdemeanor charges over 5 years old, or 1st time misdemeanor convictions)

I feel like "are you a kid diddler" and refusal to hire based upon said answer is perfectly ok. This league justifies asking players if their mother is a whore.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

swickles posted:

I feel like "are you a kid diddler" and refusal to hire based upon said answer is perfectly ok. This league justifies asking players if their mother is a whore.

His answer would have been "no" though?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

seiferguy posted:

Why was his case dismissed?

Edit: victim didn't want to testify. Answered my own question.

likely pushed into not testifying

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Patriots coaches are the ultimate white elephant gift.

Teams think they are getting a good coach but ultimately either end up with a pervert, an rear end in a top hat, or someone incompetent. And indeed sometimes all three.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

piss tape israel posted:

Timbaland, Stallone, A-Rod, ???

Manjit Minhaas, a judge on Dragons Den and an owner of a Canadian brewery/distillery

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Thank you :)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/994607103556931584?s=19

I'm sure the victim doesnt find it traumatic at all

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
A reporter asked him if a consensual sexual encounter had occurred with the girl at the time in question and he completely side stepped it and simply said “Again, I did nothing wrong.”

So yeah, odds are he raped her.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Someone do a background check on McDaniels.

Please.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Someone do a background check on McDaniels.

Please.

He was convicted of arson in Colorado 9 years ago.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
MNF broadcasting crew will be Jason Witten and Joe Tessitore in the booth with Booger McFarland and Lisa Salters on the sidelines.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

When I told Lions fans I wanted to be able to hate their team again like under the Schwartz era I have to say I never expected the team would go ahead and hire a gang rapist.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I've always said that when the Lions make the Super Bowl (lol) everyone outside of fans of the AFC team and diehards of division rivals will root for them, because they really have never done anything to make people hate them. Oh well

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

He was convicted of arson in Colorado 9 years ago.
:golfclap:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The Titans getting the draft?!?! Oh poo poo!

@AdamSchefter: Nashville has emerged as the leading contender to host the 2019 NFL Draft, per league sources. A decision is expected to be announced during t...

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

tinstaach posted:

I've always said that when the Lions make the Super Bowl (lol) everyone outside of fans of the AFC team and diehards of division rivals will root for them, because they really have never done anything to make people hate them. Oh well

The Lions aren't making the Super Bowl

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

fsif posted:

(Shark Tank dude is not Timbaland.)

Yea

It's Magoo

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/994628405848166401?s=20

:hellyeah:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh poo poo yeah

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

A Man and his dog posted:

The Titans getting the draft?!?! Oh poo poo!

@AdamSchefter: Nashville has emerged as the leading contender to host the 2019 NFL Draft, per league sources. A decision is expected to be announced during t...

Nashville is cool, I like this

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Nashville is cool, I like this

I'm loving the draft moving around. Nashville would be a great choice. I'm from NY, and I admit it was getting stale there.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Cool and good

https://twitter.com/espn/status/994641293740560384

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
2020 draft is gonna be Los Angeles to open up Kroenkeworld and it's gonna rule

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The same DSA protestors going nuts about the Olympics will probably block the draft because the rent is too drat high already

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Lmao the HOF stadium project is turning into an epic failure. Lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

whypick1 posted:

MNF broadcasting crew will be Jason Witten and Joe Tessitore in the booth with Booger McFarland and Lisa Salters on the sidelines.

Did Jason Witten retire or something?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

tinstaach posted:

eternally poo poo teams deserve no pity

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:3:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
OH WORD?

https://twitter.com/tonynotronald/status/994651817911861253

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
They always say never hire Patriots Coordinators but this is ridiculous

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He was acquitted 22 years ago and we don't have access to any of the evidence. Mayyyybe wait for some of the details to come out

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He was acquitted 22 years ago and we don't have access to any of the evidence. Mayyyybe wait for some of the details to come out

The details are it was 22 years ago and the accuser decided not to testify :shrug:

I mean, if you want to read that in either direction go ahead but basically we aren't going to know anything more than we already do unless she decides to come forward now.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

The details are it was 22 years ago and the accuser decided not to testify :shrug:

I mean, if you want to read that in either direction go ahead but basically we aren't going to know anything more than we already do unless she decides to come forward now.

Exactly, no one knows anything at this point. If there's anything here then by all means string him up but until then, I'm not particularly ready to go guilty until proven innocent on him.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Well BB just vouched for his character, so he's definitely guilty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Well BB just vouched for his character, so he's definitely guilty

Imagine standing before the gates of heaven and satan just showing up being like "nah this dudes cool let him in"

• Locked thread