Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Roethlisberger Upset Steelers Didn't Ask For His Consent Before Drafting Quarterback

EDIT: 1000th reply woot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ray Lewis finally cleared of murder, what a beautiful day

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Aaron Hernandez was innocent

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ray Lewis finally cleared of murder, what a beautiful day

Seeing goons go to bat for a random assistant when the same goons are fine with this is really weird

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

Aaron Hernandez was innocent

The tuck rule of murder charges.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/994980021541449728

Scar owns

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Pats hired a hobo looking motherfucker who claimed to be a rocket scientists to be an offensive assistant, working 144 hours a week for the change in the rec room cushions. Of course they made zero effort vetting him.

And he's a millionaire already, who gives a poo poo about his ~career~ being harmed because he's "only" probably a rapist? He can have his second chance working for a living like a normal person, he's not owed being paid millions as the public face of an NFL franchise. There is zero injustice in just firing his rear end.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Seeing goons go to bat for a random assistant when the same goons are fine with this is really weird

Brace for impact: they're all poo poo, and fans are hypocrites.

:ms:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

seiferguy posted:

I feel like this feeds into the bigger picture of what you do to men who were caught in #metoo. It's easy to agree what they did was horrible. Do you let them rejoin society?

If they show contrition, sure. If they try and slut shame and victim blame and do the non-apology apology then gently caress them, they can go bag groceries at the Kroger. There is no heaven, there is no hell, only here on Earth can we manage to get justice against those who are monsters. Losing your career because you raped a woman is a perfectly fine punishment.

No one is entitled to be an NFL coach and people have been fired for less.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

seiferguy posted:

The tuck rule of murder charges.

Legally, he is innocent. Something about because he was appealing, his conviction was in limbo, and when he died, his family was able to successfully sue to have the charges dismissed and collect benefits.

e: I'm not defending him in any sort here. Law is weird.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sean10mm posted:

Brace for impact: they're all poo poo, and fans are hypocrites.

:ms:

I thought we established this when we collectively decided we were ok with watching people slowly kill themselves for our entertainment.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

No one has said he's actually innocent we're saying he could be and that there aren't a ton of details about it yet, unlike what we had with Lewis and Roethlisberger

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
man I was really looking forward to the lions this season and them bam, turns out head coach might have done a rape.

here's hoping he sucks and gets fired quickly.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Don't get distracted from the fact that Pete Carroll is pandering to racists and MRA dumdums.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

No one has said he's actually innocent we're saying he could be and that there aren't a ton of details about it yet, unlike what we had with Lewis and Roethlisberger

No there really couldn’t.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I wonder if there's like a parallel legacy web 1.0 message board where conservative NBA fans talk about how embarrassed they are to be Warriors fans because of Kerr's Pod Save America t-shirt.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
here comes my piping hot take:

enjoy making peace with the fact that every single player on every single team had sex at some point in college (or after) with a drunk girl who couldn't consent
and even if the girls were never drunk, there was a giant power dynamic gap by virtue of being popular star athlete vs random student

maybe the only person who should be in the league is tebow

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

mastershakeman posted:

enjoy making peace with the fact that every single player on every single team had sex at some point in college (or after) with a drunk girl who couldn't consent
and even if the girls were never drunk, there was a giant power dynamic gap by virtue of being popular star athlete vs random student

How dare you. Aaron Rodgers would never have sex with a woman.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I dunno, I'd think it more likely that my QB (with the strongest arms and shoulders) probably tried to flirt, gave up, and read a novel without consent to a drunk woman.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hot Diggity! posted:

How dare you. Aaron Rodgers would never have sex with a woman.

damnit this just means more packers championships doesn't it. I take everything back

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Drunken sex is somewhat different from breaking into a hotel room and gangraping a sleeping girl. It's seriously amazing that people itt are going to bat for this rear end in a top hat. All this whataboutism, all this "won't you think of poor matt patricia we can't possible blackball the man that would be wrooooonnnggg".

Patricia refusing to answer any questions, refusing to say if he had consensual sex with the woman or what the story is, makes it clear everything about the story is true. Honestly, do you guys really doubt that?

For those of you feeling the need to defend this fucker, congratulations on being poo poo :maga: ok im done

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

mastershakeman posted:

Why stop there? Everybody on this planet has, at one point, held power over another individual. Interacting with someone who has less influence than you in any capacity is wrong and exploitative.

It's the exact same as raping a woman, when you think about it.

So yeah it's cool that coach EARONS gets to work for the Lions.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Play posted:

Patricia refusing to answer any questions, refusing to say if he had consensual sex with the woman or what the story is, makes it clear everything about the story is true.

I doubt there's an attorney that would advise doing any of those things. Maybe Guilliani.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Yeah that's the one thing you do whether you're innocent or not. Don't say things to the press while it's a big deal, don't say anything without a lawyer present. It literally does not matter whether you're innocent or not, don't loving do it.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I doubt there's an attorney that would advise doing any of those things. Maybe Guilliani.

Legal culpability and moral culpability aren't the same thing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Strobe posted:

Yeah that's the one thing you do whether you're innocent or not. Don't say things to the press while it's a big deal, don't say anything without a lawyer present. It literally does not matter whether you're innocent or not, don't loving do it.

the statute of limitations for texas regarding rape charges against him expired 12 years ago. He can say/admit anything without legal liability in a criminal sense. This isn't a "don't talk to cops" situation.

Nov 6, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

the statute of limitations for texas regarding rape charges against him expired 12 years ago. He can say/admit anything without legal liability in a criminal sense. This isn't a "don't talk to cops" situation.

Regardless, I'd assume since this came to light he's had plenty of conversations with his and/or the team's attorney about what to say. So I don't think you can divine his guilt or innocence from what he is or isn't saying at this point. From the facts, sure, he probably did it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 11, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

At this point it doesn’t really matter. At the time it would be correct.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Mr. Nice! posted:

Of course not, but it would be a career ender.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Joe Flacco definitely never left his Magic cards long enough to have sex in college.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

all of this is bad but at least he didn’t French his son

Nov 6, 2002

Another stellar pick.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/994987961233035264

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tbf he developed blot clots in his lungs or some poo poo. Can’t really see that coming.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Tbf he developed blot clots in his lungs or some poo poo. Can’t really see that coming.

A good coach would’ve coached those clots out.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

No worries Lions fans, I'm putting together a helpful pamphlet entitled "how to root for a rapist". Post your addresses and I will mail them out when I am done

:same:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Looks like the Colts snagged Rakeem Nunez-Roches aka Nacho off waivers. Chiefs fans, I hope he sticks around and we'll treat him right.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
So for those wondering how on Earth the Lions didn't find out about the indictment before they hired Patricia, this article goes into it:

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/995048765919776770?s=19

Key quote:

quote:

The Lions use an employment background screening company that conducts background checks on all hires, and that firm produced a report on Patricia during the hiring process that did not include any reference to his Texas arrest.

It’s unclear what, if any, information the firm uncovered about the case while vetting Patricia, but when the Lions went back to examine why they only recently learned about the incident, they discovered that Massachusetts employment law prevents the screening company from providing, or them from using as part of their employment decision, information about an arrest, indictment or conviction more than seven years old.

So, same reason the Pats never found out-they weren't legally allowed to ask. Still, it reflects very poorly on Patricia that he never brought it during the hiring process, and I doubt many people in Allen Park are happy with him right now, even if they believe he's innocent.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 11, 2018

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Joe Flacco definitely never left his Magic cards long enough to have sex in college.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

There isnt a single person on the planet that should tell an employer about any legal troubles they are not legally required to disclose

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

There isnt a single person on the planet that should tell an employer about any legal troubles they are not legally required to disclose

Did anyone say he should've? You are very talented at completely missing the point lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Play posted:

Did anyone say he should've? You are very talented at completely missing the point lol

Here ya go, Parm

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So, same reason the Pats never found out-they weren't legally allowed to ask. Still, it reflects very poorly on Patricia that he never brought it during the hiring process, and I doubt many people in Allen Park are happy with him right now, even if they believe he's innocent.

• Locked thread