Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
There are several story points that could say how it happens. Echo, Ascians, etc. I want to reserve judgment for after I experience what goes in in 4.3.

I'm more interested in Gaius, honestly. I want to know what's up with that. Whether it's related to UWU or not, there's gotta be a reason he's not wearing armor, and... well, I just have a billion questions that I am fawning over now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Posted 22 days before we found about the Namazu mount:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/8dd4v4/only_patch_43_mount_ill_accept/

Also, some minor QoL changes coming in 4.3:

quote:

Here is a full translation of the key improvements.

Support for forced entry into a boss area after it has been sealed

After a certain amount of time has passed once a boss area has been sealed, you will receive a prompt asking if you wish to be forcibly transported into the area. You will NOT be given this option if you were already in the boss area when the fight started and chose to leave for whatever reason.

Unique icons for pets on the map

A new unique icon for egis, MCH turrets, etc. It's supposedly a little easier to distinguish in-game than it is in the pictures posted.

Expansion of the achievement system

Whenever you log in, you will see a list of achievements you are close to completing. Whenever you move to a different area, you will see a list of achievements that you can accomplish in that area. When looking at the full achievement list, a new Category ("In Current Area") will also display the achievements you can accomplish in your current area as well as any achievements nearing accomplishment.

There are further plans in the works to improve the achievement functionality so that it becomes even easier to use.

Additional warning for those who will miss out on weekly raid loot

If your party leader queues you for a Sigmascape floor that is higher than your current progress for the week, you are now required to make a second confirmation that you will forfeit all weekly loot from the previous floors.

Prioritization of party members in overworld display

Your party members will now have priority when limitations are being placed on the number of items rendered on your screen. (Note: There is NO specification that this is being limited to instanced content.)

Bonus: You will also now be able to see your party members from a farther distance than you were able to previously.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/260116543?t=1h22m

They previewed a bunch of new housing items. One of which is an actual goddamn kitchen that's reasonably sized.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I finally sat done and did the last two 2.0 duties last night, unstoppable cutscenes and all, and they were a.) cool, and b.) long. I can see why not a lot of people hope into the queue for those.

I also took some time to try out SAM, then realized RDM is way more fun than it or anything else I've played in this game. I guess I need to start collecting cool hats and hoarding red dye.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yoshi-P should have led off with this:

There is nothing wrong with your monitor. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. It's a colorblindness slider, coming soon.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Accessibility options are cool and good.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Boogalo posted:

Accessibility options are cool and good.

Especially accessibility options that turn the game into JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I've been taking a break from the game to play through some other stuff (and just take a break). With 4.3 coming and missing the game a little I was thinking of coming back.

Anyone in DGKK want to send me a callback invite so we both get some feathers?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/takamine_ff14/status/994924627108380673

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looking at that new live letter, there's really nothing enticing at all. FFXIV is becoming extremely by the numbers. I don't feel like I'm missing a single thing by not having any time to play anymore, and I've not played at all since Eureka was implemented.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Looking at that new live letter, there's really nothing enticing at all. FFXIV is becoming extremely by the numbers. I don't feel like I'm missing a single thing by not having any time to play anymore, and I've not played at all since Eureka was implemented.

You stick with what works until it no longer works. Even Legion, for all its innovations on launch, was relatively unexceptional patch-to-patch.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Excited for new ivalice and 8man roulette since I never got to do Alex back in the day. New deep dungeon'll be fun and, tbh, I'm even looking forward to more eureka (it's my favorite way to watch netflix & catch up on podcasts)

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

In what ways is FFXIV becoming extremely by-the-numbers?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I'm always happy to get new dungeons and 24 man content. Heaven on High is gonna be fun (Me and some friends have been having a blast doing PotD 200 runs lately) and I'm looking forward to Eureka, so all in all this is a good patch.

The worst bit about it is that I just recently got all but two of my crafters to 70, so the namazu quests won't give me much experience.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In what ways is FFXIV becoming extremely by-the-numbers?

The patches are formulaic even down to the type of content added, which only breeds apathy. 4.3's basically a mirror of 4.1. It's dull.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I have no clue how this fight works but i assume not like this

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

That just means he didn't get chained up, right? At this point I would blame literally everyone equally for that, it really doesn't matter who grabs the chains.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Martman posted:

That just means he didn't get chained up, right? At this point I would blame literally everyone equally for that, it really doesn't matter who grabs the chains.

yup

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The patches are formulaic even down to the type of content added, which only breeds apathy. 4.3's basically a mirror of 4.1. It's dull.

What sort of new content would you like to see added aside from the normal patch cycle?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

What sort of new content would you like to see added aside from the normal patch cycle?

Eureka obviously.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yeah pretty much everybody has to drop the ball for that to happen since you have a huge amount of time to deal with the mechanic.

Unless one person picks up the chain and intentionally trolls by sitting on it, in which case you know who to blame because you can see who has the giant glowing blue chain.

E: I think he also jumps to 16 stacks if nobody gets eaten or if the stomach walls are not all broken (again, you have a crazy amount of time to do this)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Martman posted:

IME 9 times out of 10 of Cerberus wipes one of the chain grabbers tries to be smart and wait on the fetter to maximize how long Cerberus is prone but mistimes it and fucks everyone else over

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Yoshi-P should have led off with this:

There is nothing wrong with your monitor. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. It's a colorblindness slider, coming soon.

What a beautiful Duwang.

Tangents posted:

I have no clue how this fight works but i assume not like this

wew

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Where's the picture?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Its like all my namedays have come at once.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Video games are art.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I like that not only did the Namazu palanquin picture from Reddit become true, they decided to double the number of catfishmen and add a roof.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol @ not getting Heaven On High for weeks, also why didn't they actually explain the DRK changes instead of just saying "what people want would take too long so we did something else [which we aren't telling you]"

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Most of the popular ideas about how to "fix" Dark Knight are loving terrible.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ok? they explained the class changes for other people though

KoB
May 1, 2009

Countblanc posted:

lol @ not getting Heaven On High for weeks, also why didn't they actually explain the DRK changes instead of just saying "what people want would take too long so we did something else [which we aren't telling you]"

Because they never go in depth until the patch notes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I was just thinking... I hope that in the 4.3 story we see Gosetsu die, but this time, he is sacrificing his life to safe Tsuyu

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I was just thinking... I hope that in the 4.3 story we see Gosetsu die, but this time, he is sacrificing his life to safe Tsuyu

I'm thinking that it's actually Tsuyu/Yotsuyu who sacrifices her life to save Gosetsu/Hien/you. Who else could Asahi be talking about when he mentions "[avenging] a fallen foe"?

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
I'd rather Tsuyu accidentally kill Gosetsu by feeding him bad fish.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Excellent.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vermain posted:

I'm thinking that it's actually Tsuyu/Yotsuyu who sacrifices her life to save Gosetsu/Hien/you. Who else could Asahi be talking about when he mentions "[avenging] a fallen foe"?

The fact they're putting that in the trailer makes me think it's misdirection, though I'm not sure who else it could be.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

At the end of the trailer, that's almost certainly Gaius' gunblade but the JP trailer voice doesn't sound like Gaius' JP voice. A much better mystery than "is Zenos going to actually kill a major NPC in the trailer *this* time?"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

This better be marvel movie trailer level misdirection in that trailer

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So, I stopped playing the game for about 5-6 months and have started again, in a more limited capacity as I've been doing other things which limit my time. However, in that window a bunch of people from my FC left and it's pretty barebones now, so some of the things I liked doing like Canals is pretty much impossible unless I grab together some random people. I haven't even started on Eureka because it seems like you need to group or otherwise it's a giant time sink which I can't dedicate any time for that.

So how much does the goon guilds do? I've been thinking of transferring if there's people that do stuff like Canals and Palace and Eureka. If they really only do stuff like raiding, 8 mans, or just dungeon running for the most part I'm fine where I am. What FC would I look into joining as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Activity and population size fluctuates a lot depending on the patch cycle. While we have a lot of goon groups running stuff like the new dungeons, maps, eureka, etc when they are new, not a lot of people want to do them a few weeks before the new patch drops. If you want to do some of the older content that you listed, you will probably be able to find some goons for it a month after the new patch, when activity is high but people are tired of new content.