Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Are... are they literally saying "a teacher told me I was special when I was a child, therefore give money?"

I hope they are. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

i'm creative, standardized tests say so

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

cyberia posted:

This looks like it's going to be an amazing trainwreck until the creator rage quits and takes it down.

I do like the thing where your level is the number of asterisks' worth of stuff you can do.

It's a terribly unrealistic Kickstarter and looks like a bad game. It's a good example of why I think we should have free community college for everyone, though: that dude is clearly compelled to create, and in another timeline he produced something amazing.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

cyberia posted:

This looks like it's going to be an amazing trainwreck until the creator rage quits and takes it down.

Is this performance art?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

At the age of 12 I was considered to be one of the most creative/inventive people in the United States (within 98-99% according to TCAP). I have earned degrees since then in Pre-Medical Sceinces and Anthropology from Pikes Peak Comminity College; minoring in Humanistic Sciences and Midwest Ethnobotany.  I was around 12 when I began developing the game.  My business partner James Dixon used to work for Blizzard and was also employed in M.I. and is considered to be one of most intelligent minds in the US as well.  Between us, and my brother Greg 

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Don’t doxx me thanks.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I felt a little bad for the guy because the comments are mostly people who backed to savage the KS, but:

quote:

Some of the other drawings may look crude to the untrained eye, but were done professionally for the purposes of video rendering, which you will only get to see if we reach our funding goal. This is a kickstart for serious investors ,

quote:

NullPunkt. you remind me of the bullies I used to know in school, and you speak about the same, if you want to be my editor I’m not going to pay you because I don’t like your attitude. You display your ignorance like a peacock. I’m not publishing the comment section you moron, and all it would have taken to correct the script was to say that in th first place. You obviously have some mental aggression issues that would be better taken out in person, and really you should try it sometime, stick your finger in an electric socket, and make the world. A better place “Good times.” Go back to high school and graduate football please...

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

Ettin posted:

I felt a little bad for the guy because the comments are mostly people who backed to savage the KS, but:

Yeah, that's where it got real uncomfortable. And weird. Does he think residential electrical outlets are fatal?

I mean, I'm sure they can be situationally.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The best part has to be all the Alibaba phone screenshots tbh

Or the music over the video, I can't decide

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Are the Alhambra spinoff games worth owning? I'm contemplating upping my KS pledge to the tier that gets me the Mega Box and the Spinoffs Box

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

cyberia posted:

Pretty sure that's his mom doing the voice over. Probably had her do the handwritten parts on the notebook paper, too. This would be adorable if it wasn't an adult man

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 12, 2018

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I need to double post to point out that this is supposed to be a d100 system based off real-world physics and "world record statistics"

:getin:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Nuns with Guns posted:

I need to double post to point out that this is supposed to be a d100 system based off real-world physics and "world record statistics"

:getin:

Over/under on that including :biotruths:-based stat nonsense?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Leraika posted:

No bet.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

Nuns with Guns posted:

Pretty sure that's his mom doing the voice over. Probably had her do the handwritten parts on the notebook paper, too. This would be adorable if it wasn't an adult man

He claims it's Jenny from KSLV Radio in Monte Vista! Who that is or why anyone outside of that area would know them, or even if that is his mom, is up for consideration.

e: Also that thread title is :perfect:

Anniversary fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 12, 2018

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Anniversary posted:

Yeah, that's where it got real uncomfortable. And weird. Does he think residential electrical outlets are fatal?

I mean, I'm sure they can be situationally.

They most certainly can be fatal. Roughly 25% of all deaths by electrocution in the professional world occur at a voltage of 120v. I would imagine most non work related deaths due to electrical shock would occur at 120v. If we make a conservative estimate that lowest case body resistance is 300 ohms, then the threshold of lethal voltage is about 30 volts.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I don't think this is a joke. I think this guy may have problems.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Has anyone managed to watch the Empyreal play video yet or have any opinions on the Deluxe edition of the game?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

IncredibleIgloo posted:

They most certainly can be fatal. Roughly 25% of all deaths by electrocution in the professional world occur at a voltage of 120v. I would imagine most non work related deaths due to electrical shock would occur at 120v. If we make a conservative estimate that lowest case body resistance is 300 ohms, then the threshold of lethal voltage is about 30 volts.

Also the majority of the world runs at 220-240v, not that this guy is likely to know though

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Also the majority of the world runs at 220-240v, not that this guy is likely to know though

My statistics are based around work that occurs in the US. I should have been more clear in my post. I have no statistics readily available from other countries. But, I would imagine the amount of fatalities due to 120v range shocks is probably relatively low due to the lack of 120v applications.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Agent Rush posted:

Has anyone managed to watch the Empyreal play video yet or have any opinions on the Deluxe edition of the game?

I've been playtesting it. The deluxe edition looks good. If you playtest for them (it's open playtesting) and log 10 games, they'll upgrade your pledge to deluxe for free.

I figure that's worth it, but I've enjoyed the games I've played so far.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leraika posted:

This is not what over/under means.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Covok posted:

I don't think this is a joke. I think this guy may have problems.

"While studying to become a doctor I was hit by a drunk driver on my motorcycle in 2012 and have once again decided to persue the path of becoming a published author after the wreck."

well, this is now depressing.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Agent Rush posted:

I've been busy participating in the public playtest and wrote some words about it above. They just put out a new updated playtest of it I've only gotten one playthrough of, so I haven't gotten to digest it properly. It's been good and I've been enjoying it, though there's still some outstanding balance issues to work out, and it can be punishing when things fall the wrong way. But it plays pretty quickly with people who have gotten to used to it, and having to juggle your plans against your opponent's routes is can be a real challenge.

There's a official mod for Tabletop Sim as mentioned by Molly above, so one preview or play the game that way as well. The official Level 99 discord also has a lot of player commentary and folks have been getting together TTS games roughly daily.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Agent Rush posted:

I tried to watch the TTS play video, but I want to warn you that the people playing are really dumb. Not like, not good at strategy or anything, since what the hell do I know about that, but just fail to grasp the rules despite repeat explanations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

clockworkjoe posted:

"While studying to become a doctor I was hit by a drunk driver on my motorcycle in 2012 and have once again decided to persue the path of becoming a published author after the wreck."

well, this is now depressing.

When't the MCU movie coming out for this guy?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

MollyMetroid posted:

I've been playtesting it. The deluxe edition looks good. If you playtest for them (it's open playtesting) and log 10 games, they'll upgrade your pledge to deluxe for free.

I figure that's worth it, but I've enjoyed the games I've played so far.

That does sound like a good deal, maybe I'll try to get in on it! Could you tell me where that offer was posted, I can't seem to find it on the KS page.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I've been busy participating in the public playtest and wrote some words about it above. They just put out a new updated playtest of it I've only gotten one playthrough of, so I haven't gotten to digest it properly. It's been good and I've been enjoying it, though there's still some outstanding balance issues to work out, and it can be punishing when things fall the wrong way. But it plays pretty quickly with people who have gotten to used to it, and having to juggle your plans against your opponent's routes is can be a real challenge.

There's a official mod for Tabletop Sim as mentioned by Molly above, so one preview or play the game that way as well. The official Level 99 discord also has a lot of player commentary and folks have been getting together TTS games roughly daily.

Oh, it's on the discord? No wonder I couldn't find it. TTS is on Steam, right? I think I have a key for it somewhere. How do you go about logging games?

Agent Rush fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 13, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Holy fuckin poo poo, that Exceed 2E box is way bigger than I thought it was gonna be.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hustlin Floh posted:

This is not what over/under means.

hold on, i have a thing for such an occasion

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Kai Tave posted:

Holy fuckin poo poo, that Exceed 2E box is way bigger than I thought it was gonna be.

It was a surprise, especially because I went in for the S1 boxes as well. The difference is nuts, and I haven't even opened them yet.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Agent Rush posted:

That does sound like a good deal, maybe I'll try to get in on it! Could you tell me where that offer was posted, I can't seem to find it on the KS page.

The playtest announcement can be found here and the feedback form is here. It got announced prior to the kickstarter on the official blog awhile back. I can't speak as to why it didn't get mentioned with the Kickstarter itself, other than possibly being content with the amount of response they've already been getting on the offer.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Agent Rush posted:

It was a surprise, especially because I went in for the S1 boxes as well. The difference is nuts, and I haven't even opened them yet.

drat, I didn't even get the S1 stuff because it didn't appeal as strongly. Does it all come in a single box for you? I have no idea how they'd fit even more stuff in there. It's kind of nuts honestly, aside from Gloomhaven L99 probably makes some of the biggest, heaviest games I own, which is pretty wild when you consider Exceed is basically decks of cards.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The playtest announcement can be found here and the feedback form is here. It got announced prior to the kickstarter on the official blog awhile back. I can't speak as to why it didn't get mentioned with the Kickstarter itself, other than possibly being content with the amount of response they've already been getting on the offer.

Thank you, I'll try to get in on this tomorrow!

Kai Tave posted:

drat, I didn't even get the S1 stuff because it didn't appeal as strongly. Does it all come in a single box for you? I have no idea how they'd fit even more stuff in there. It's kind of nuts honestly, aside from Gloomhaven L99 probably makes some of the biggest, heaviest games I own, which is pretty wild when you consider Exceed is basically decks of cards.

The S1 boxes were separate, it's that they're about the size you'd expect for four decks of cards which is tiny compared to the S2 Collector's box. That bit about L99 is true for me as well, Millennium Blades is the second biggest board game I own.

Have you opened your S2 box yet? What was in there if you have?

Agent Rush fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 13, 2018

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hold on, i have a thing for such an occasion

Hey, that is useful and neat that you had it on hand.

Leraika fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 13, 2018

simonwolf
Oct 29, 2011
I don't think I've seen it mentioned here, but I was pointed toward Darwin's Choice recently and it looks kind of neat? Card-based strategy game where players compete to create chimera animals that are best suited to the environments currently in play. They've also clearly put their work into making their pitch -- plenty of early copy reviews posted to the main page (all of which are positive), a well-thought-out FAQ and risks section, and a full rule PDF available.

If I owned Evolution I might pass, but since I don't this seems like a viable (and pretty) alternative.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Agent Rush posted:

Have you opened your S2 box yet? What was in there if you have?

Four individual S2 box sets, each of which has four decks of cards apiece, like five different cellophane-wrapped decks of promo stretch goal cards, a fairly thick art/story guide, and a neoprene play mat all rolled up. Maybe there's something else, I forgot. Oh, and a thank you note.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I think the only other thing in S2 are the chibi promos.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 13, 2018

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Leraika posted:

Hey, that is useful and neat that you had it on hand.

the answer to your original question is 31 btw

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Lord_Hambrose posted:

The Confrontation Kickstarter updates always have a weird "Please don't leave" vibe about them. I checked their numbers and it looks like a lot of backers unsurprisingly jumped ship when they were waiting to hear what kind of plastic they were doing.

I check kickstarter every few days and I swear that campaign has had multi day stretches where there was zero change in funding. That's pretty insane for something that raised several hundred thousand on its first day. It's like there were a bunch of people waiting with bated breath for the campaign that jumped on it immediately and then they attracted zero other people. Not that it's hard to see why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Omg this looks amazing. :swoon:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wildpower/streets-of-steel-the-sidescrollin-beatem-up-boardg