Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Plus wouldn't a shell going off when you're that close take off way more than just a hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Plus wouldn't a shell going off when you're that close take off way more than just a hand?

Not necessarily. Since the case ruptures there is actually a hell of a lot of unburned powder just flying around. One of the videos posted earlier shows a .50BMP round going off without it being enclosed.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Maybe it was shell and primer only as part of line work.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

LingcodKilla posted:

Maybe it was shell and primer only as part of line work.

I expect it may have been this. I do recall that she said it was an explosion that blew the girl's middle and ring fingers off.
There are some gaps in my memory, because I was hearing this firsthand ~15 years ago from someone who experienced it 60 years before that.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
I would imagine that checking a shell's dimensions would occur before you pour in Lyddite/PETN/etc, otherwise disposing of the shell becomes far more difficult/time consuming.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
This is going to sound pretty crazy but maybe its just one of those bullshit stdh stories

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Every dumb thing has happened.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Godholio posted:

Every dumb thing has happened.

Some Continental Army soldier at Valley Forge probably jerked off while on watch, and some Hessian probably made a dick joke with his musket between his legs.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd say that's a given.

Dick graffiti is old as gently caress, and there's some runes high up in a cave somewhere that when translated just read "this is very high"

Humans gonna human.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
see also the varangian guard carving "$name was here" in the hagia sophia when they got bored

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Roman legionaries on leave in Pompeii scrawled graffiti on the whorehouses either bragging about the women they hosed or complaining about getting ripped off by same.

quote:

II.7 (gladiator barracks); 8767: Floronius, privileged soldier of the 7th legion, was here. The women did not know of his presence. Only six women came to know, too few for such a stallion.

quote:

VII.12.35 (Vico d’ Eumachia, small room of a possible brothel); 2145: Gaius Valerius Venustus, soldier of the 1st praetorian cohort, in the century of Rufus, screwer of women

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 9, 2018

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Roman legionaries on leave in Pompeii scrawled graffiti on the whorehouses either bragging about the women they hosed or complaining about getting ripped off by same.

I note that neither of these dudes mentioned dating any of these women so that's a one up on the modern boot.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
That's a lot more interesting than fuckin kappa pi sigmas everywhere

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

quote:

I.7.8 (bar; left of the door); 8162: We two dear men, friends forever, were here.  If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus

:hist101:

quote:

II.2.3 (Bar of Athictus; right of the door); 8442: I screwed the barmaid

:cheers:

quote:

III.5.3 (on the wall in the street); 8898: Theophilus, don’t perform oral sex on girls against the city wall like a dog

:eyepop:

quote:

VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1824: Let everyone one in love come and see.  I want to break Venus’ ribs with clubs and cripple the goddess’ loins.  If she can strike through my soft chest, then why can’t I smash her head with a club?

... loving incels

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 9, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Man Theophilus just wants to let his freak flag fly. Eat it from the back against the city wall, I say.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Who hasn’t eaten a hooker’s pussy against a bathroom stall anyways? Seems like a rite of passage if you ask me :shrug:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Thump! posted:

Who hasn’t eaten a hooker’s pussy against a bathroom stall anyways? Seems like a rite of passage if you ask me :shrug:

That's disgusting.

Eat hookerpussy on her questionably laundered work mattress. :colbert:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Thump! posted:

Carth Dookie posted:

That's disgusting.

Eat hookerpussy on her questionably laundered work mattress. :colbert:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:barf:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Roman fetish is usually extra.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
VII.7.3 (on the wall in the women's latrine); 7191: If you can't find the tersorium, it's because Thumpus Exclamus stole it again.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
courtesy of GBS. I know he isn't from GIP at least because I don't think anyone is still in?

ekuNNN posted:

This will hopefully lead to some owning soon:
https://www.facebook.com/frontline/videos/10156440565724445/
(Currently serving Marine identified as Atomwaffen member, caught boasting about specific assaults, identified in photographs assaulting people at Charlottesville)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

mods change my name posted:

courtesy of GBS. I know he isn't from GIP at least because I don't think anyone is still in?

I can't wait to see this guy get crushed. I know there are prohibitions against joining extremist orgs, how often is that enforced/how bad are the punishments?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Probably just a general discharge or other than honorable if I had to guess and I was being optimistic.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I would count on the military doing much but at least the government won't be funding his racist poo poo any more.

Alex433999
Aug 16, 2014
Don't know how true it is but a friend of mine claims someone he went to boot with wore his Chuck's with a Nazi armband during his boot leave and got discharged almost immediately.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

So that video of the humvees eating poo poo during an airdrop was apparently the result of sabotage by a dude who was just found guilty of cutting the parachute cords.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...ontent=20180511

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I don't get it. The article's title says he was discharged, but the only mention of a discharge in the actual body of the article is that he could have received a dishonorable discharge. So that means... he didn't?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bad Conduct, maybe?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

The article I saw said Bad Conduct. Dude got off light.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Let's revisit that video because it's tremendous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1omhUkIhEQE

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Lol of course RT was all over this

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Internet Wizard posted:

Lol of course RT was all over this

Hostile state media dogpiling on dumb poo poo? Why i never...

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
91st Missile Wing lost a crate of Mk19 grenades:

quote:

MINOT, N.D. — The U.S. Air Force lost a box of grenade rounds in northwest North Dakota that fell off a Humvee earlier this month, and now is seeking the public’s help in locating the explosives.

A 91st Missile Wing Security Forces team from the Minot Air Force Base lost the ammunition container on May 1 while traveling between missile sites in Mountrail County, according to a news release the Air Force issued late Friday

https://www.twincities.com/2018/05/12/air-forces-loses-box-of-grenade-rounds-in-north-dakota-it-wants-them-back/

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

“Fell off the back of a truck”.

Riiiiggggt

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

How bad would the lockdown be once it was discovered that a crate of mk19 ammo was gone

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hands across highway 23

quote:

More than 100 airmen walked the entire six-mile route several times on Friday to search for the explosives but were unsuccessful, Halvorson said.

They don't seem to be overly concerned so I'm guessing inert rounds.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

hands across highway 23

They don't seem to be overly concerned so I'm guessing inert rounds.

My money is on they were never even loaded on the truck because someone hosed up, or changed a DODIC without telling anyone.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You've giving me flashbacks. Pros of being range OIC: air conditioned tower, don't have to wear PPE, high probability of being able to read undisturbed for most of the day. Cons: Range Control up your rear end every 60 minutes, probably at least one fire, and the battalion commander will show up unannounced in his POV at the worst time. Oh, and you'll be underweight on brass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Steezo posted:

My money is on they were never even loaded on the truck because someone hosed up, or changed a DODIC without telling anyone.

If I know the Air Force, they accidentally shipped the crate to Syrian rebels.

Don't ask me how that would work, but it would be just stupid enough to happen.

BigDave fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 13, 2018