Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

bbcisdabomb posted:

I'd love to see Payday go full Bond-villian nuttiness. Payday 3 could even be the Payday gang working for the highest bidder, who just happens to be a US/British/Secret world government agency hiring whoever can stop the villian of the week. It's the Payday gang, they can kill all the goons while we "lower the doomsday laser into the lava pool" Read: steal it for ourselves.

Dude, how is the computer vault in the Yacht NOT loving Bond-villain as gently caress? Like, when they were talking about getting some information I thought we'd be grabbing an external hard-drive from some computer room. I was not expecting a liquid-nitrogen cooled whatever-the-gently caress super-computer.

quote:

Don't you fuckers go and play with my heart like that. If anything would get me excited about 40k again it'd be a Payday 40k.

Well, what about 40K parodies? Emperor's Text to Speech device is solid gold if you haven't seen that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Alkydere posted:

Dude, how is the computer vault in the Yacht NOT loving Bond-villain as gently caress? Like, when they were talking about getting some information I thought we'd be grabbing an external hard-drive from some computer room. I was not expecting a liquid-nitrogen cooled whatever-the-gently caress super-computer.

The laser traps custom-designed to catch anyone sneaking around in the underbelly while totally normal guards patrol around up top is what really puts it into perspective.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Alkydere posted:

That is a good point. I always forget about the stealth heists because I'm terrible at them.

nmgoh2
Feb 1, 2009

bbcisdabomb posted:

I'd love to see Payday go full Bond-villian nuttiness. Payday 3 could even be the Payday gang working for the highest bidder, who just happens to be a US/British/Secret world government agency hiring whoever can stop the villian of the week. It's the Payday gang, they can kill all the goons while we "lower the doomsday laser into the lava pool" Read: steal it for ourselves.

Don't you fuckers go and play with my heart like that. If anything would get me excited about 40k again it'd be a Payday 40k.

Have you ever looked into playing Vermintide? Pretty sure it's exactly what you're looking for.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
40k is in the future. Vermintide is medieval poo poo

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yeah but Vermintide also owns.

Ignore my very unbiased avatar

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
My older brother absolutely loves Vermintide, so I've played a fair amount. It never really grabbed me like Payday did, for some reason.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
as someone who's played a ton of both, payday is a lot more stupid - which isn't a burn. payday is absolutely loving idiotic and that's fantastic. i wouldn't have it any other way. in payday, if you are not taking your day that seriously, you load up any of a hundred silly joke builds and equip any of the hundreds more silly joke weapons and before you know it you are zooming around like a maniac making cops puke all over their own cocks. in vermintide if you are not taking your day that seriously you uh

you equip a crossbow where a shotgun should be

i guess

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Whoa - what mods are you running with?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Good News For Payday 3! Bill and Ted 3 tie in where Keanu will actually voice his own character even maybe!

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
HLM and HLM 2 are both 75% off, so if anyone wants to try out Sociopath, Jacket's Piece and a variety of new masks, now would be a good time.

Probably will also install and play those at some point, I've heard good things about them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

HLM1 and 2 are great stuff and Sociopath used to be a fun enough shotgun deck. Also Jacket's Piece is cool.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The full reload for it fuckin' suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks though

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
It looks to me like an inferior version of the Mark 10 - same damage, less concealable, no speed pull mag. It does have a higher ROF so probably can do more DPS though.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
It looks cooler and is therefore the better gun

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Wastrel_ posted:

It looks to me like an inferior version of the Mark 10 - same damage, less concealable, no speed pull mag. It does have a higher ROF so probably can do more DPS though.

insane RoF, can easily hit 100 stability, pretty alright accuracy, really needs that speed mag. just be sure to leave a round in it before you reload.

you CAN however, get akimbo jackets piece without having HLM2, and the reload is somehow better

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

spit on my clit posted:

you CAN however, get akimbo jackets piece without having HLM2, and the reload is somehow better

everything reloads faster when you have spares of the same exact gun with full mags in your pockets :ssh:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

spit on my clit posted:

insane RoF, can easily hit 100 stability, pretty alright accuracy, really needs that speed mag. just be sure to leave a round in it before you reload.

Yeah Overkill got really lazy with the implementation of these new akimbos, a lot of them just have the same reload speeds and recoil profiles etc, and they all have a lot of recycled animations made by their lovely new animator. Like obviously these are different toolsets but the new reloads they put in look worse than poo poo I made in high school in my Quake 2 modding days.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Sociopath used to be is a fun enough shotgun fantastic melee deck.
:colbert:

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/10/2828702373002090615/

I cannot decide whether this is a troll or serious post.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I can not decide whether that's a bannable offence or felony.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

It has to be a troll. Under the perk deck, he said Overkill would perfect it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Someone put that person in a padded cell. Troll or not.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
AVGN should be a heister.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
FUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!! This GODDAMN drill sucks donkey balls!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The fourth shadowy immortal man, Fred Fuchs. Something something LJN.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

When's slowbeef playable

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Tonight we asked the question, is how many simultaneous immortal SWAT Turrets is too many?

...Three. The answer is three. Sorry, ArkinBlack.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Uncle Discendo, when is Crackdown?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

TheObserver posted:

Uncle Discendo, when is Crackdown?

Crackdown is now, if you want it to be. It's still not ready for launch- we need to iron out a crash bug on Rats/Cook-off, finish final revisions to enemy assets, get everything running smoothly, and set up some launch material- a trailer and a site.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 14, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I caught up with this thread for some reason and I always knew that the payday lore was good. Thanks for the post, Vox. Where do the live action lore videos fit in?

has anyone speculated that goldfarb is the third king

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

The third King is the friends we make along the way

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The third king is Bain.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

HebrewMagic posted:

The third King is the friends we make along the way

i knew vlad was the third king

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The third king was two Jimmys, one was a copy writer, the other a plagiarist.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I just remember someone, somewhere out there has car shop as a favorite heist and plays nothing but it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Serpentis posted:

Guys, the communion wine, go get it.

Okay it says here you need a bat

*summons satan*

"I'LL BE THERE IN THREE MINUTES, I'M GOING AS FAST AS I CAN"

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

FAUXTON posted:

Okay it says here you need a bat

*summons satan*

"I'LL BE THERE IN THREE MINUTES, I'M GOING AS FAST AS I CAN"

FLYING FAST AS A SHARK!

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

A portal is opened, Satan climbing out real slowly. He stops suddenly when a single cop kicks the side of the portal, stalling the entire operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
he casts enlarge satan