Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
How bad is Brady going to get CTE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"going to get" implies he doesn't already have it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jury selection begins in the Eli Manning trial this week. Obviously since the case got to the point where they are selecting a jury the guy is a sicko and should be out of the league and retroactively lose any championship games.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Jury selection begins in the Eli Manning trial this week. Obviously since the case got to the point where they are selecting a jury the guy is a sicko and should be out of the league and retroactively lose any championship games.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....motion denied sir!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

CyberPingu posted:

All I'm hearing here is that Brady is a system QB

have been hearing this from my sources as well

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Crooked Eli!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Does Jason Witten have any thoughts on Brady being a system QB?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

huh, apparently Matt Millen is dying

Also the Lions could've had DeMarcus Ware

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/14/matt-millen-sick-amyloidosis-detroit-lions-mmqb-peter-king

quote:

So many weird things about Millen’s tenure. This one just boggles the mind: In the five drafts between 2003 and 2007, Millen had the second, seventh, 10th, ninth and second overall picks. He took wide receivers in four of those five drafts. Charles Rogers in 2003, Roy Williams in 2004, Mike Williams in 2005, Calvin Johnson in 2007.

“The one that killed me was Mike Williams,” Millen said. “That was just so stupid Pete. It’s like my brain fell off my head. Why would I do that?”

“So why did you?” I asked.

“I listened to the group. They thought if they got Mike Williams and paired him with Roy Williams that in the red zone we could do all these things. And I was like okay. Do you realize at that time, when we were just about ready to pick, I had DeMarcus Ware on the phone? And I said, ‘All right, take Mike Williams.’ My son was in the draft room with us, and that’s when my son punched me. What a dope I was.”

“How football history could have changed if you picked Ware instead of Mike Williams,” I said.

“How ‘bout that?” Millen said. “Maybe we would have ruined him too.”

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That is very self-aware of Millen to realize he would have ruined Ware.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

SKULL.GIF posted:

huh, apparently Matt Millen is dying

Also the Lions could've had DeMarcus Ware

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/14/matt-millen-sick-amyloidosis-detroit-lions-mmqb-peter-king

Matt Mullen can’t die now, he’s only experienced like 5 days of no longer being the most embarrassing part of Lions history.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Speaking of DeMarcus Ware, the Broncos contacted him about a role as a "pass-rush consultant"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Is Ware a hall of famer

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
DeAngelo Hall's retiring.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

DeAngelo Hall's retiring.

I honestly had no idea he was still playing

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Browns have signed the real QB of the future and best named QB in the draft

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/996039290097422338

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brogan Roback sounds like the guy the WWE pays to get squashed by the Ultimate Warrior in 15 seconds.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"Brogan Roback" sounds like a WWE name

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Knock knock. Who's there? Brogan Roback… and I'm gonna knock your brains out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

Is Ware a hall of famer

top 10 sacks in only 11 seasons

yeah

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

a neat cape posted:

Is Ware a hall of famer

Really good + Cowboy, so yes

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--that too

a neat cape posted:

Is Ware a hall of famer

Eventually at least I'd think? Seems like a lot of sacks to leave out, Peppers is the only guy who isn't in the hall who has more than Ware does. And no one is catching up to push him down the career list anytime soon unless Suggs has another couple of good years, which I'd imagine he won't at 35. Although he did have a good total last year.

Of the not ancient guys you have Von Miller and JJ Watt (and Clay Matthews if you want to squint) who have a chance at breaking into the top 10 sacks. But each of them needs 50+ to catch up so they'd need to stay healthy and good for a while.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

^^--that too

Eventually at least I'd think? Seems like a lot of sacks to leave out, Peppers is the only guy who isn't in the hall who has more than Ware does. And no one is catching up to push him down the career list anytime soon unless Suggs has another couple of good years, which I'd imagine he won't at 35. Although he did have a good total last year.

Of the not ancient guys you have Von Miller and JJ Watt (and Clay Matthews if you want to squint) who have a chance at breaking into the top 10 sacks. But each of them needs 50+ to catch up so they'd need to stay healthy and good for a while.

I think JJ Watt has been hurt so much the last few years it's gonna be really hard.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Randaconda posted:

I think JJ Watt has been hurt so much the last few years it's gonna be really hard.

Ware is absolutely a hall of famer, and likely first ballot.

JJ Watt might still make it in on his current resume, even if he doesn't recover from his injuries. A four-year stretch of being first-team all pro is a very strong case

vvv excellent point. I think he's probably more like a lock, but he'd wait a while if he retired today

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 14, 2018

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Ware is absolutely a hall of famer, and likely first ballot.

JJ Watt might still make it in on his current resume, even if he doesn't recover from his injuries. A four-year stretch of being first-team all pro is a very strong case

He also has 3 DPOYs, which only NFL legends Lawrence Taylor and Reggie White have done before him

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Yall ready for gambling commercials to completely ruin the first half of this season?

Hope you got red zone my goons.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Gambling is good

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ware is the Frank Gore of DEs.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

a neat cape posted:

Gambling is good

What's your favorite gamble

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MrLogan posted:

Ware was primarily a linebacker

e: Also, as has been pointed out, this is a very, very dumb take

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 14, 2018

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MrLogan posted:

Not even close. Gore had maybe two or three years where he was a top 10 RB, and only one (second-team) All-Pro. Ware was in the top 5 for pass rushing most seasons he was in the league, was sack leader twice, four first-team All-Pros, three second-team. Ware also made it into the top 10 sacks playing fewer seasons than anyone else who's ranked up there except Jared Allen.

Ware also has the star/elite reputation/perception , something Gore never really had.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

MrLogan posted:

The Coldest, Stupidest take. You should feel bad.

Wikipedia posted:

Awards, recognitions and other statistics
Ware is tied for the record of most seasons leading the league in sacks with two (2008 and 2010). Ware is tied with Mark Gastineau, 1983–84; Reggie White, 1987–88; Kevin Greene, 1994, 1996; Michael Strahan, 2001, 2003 and Jared Allen, 2007, 2011.

As of the end of the 2012 season, Ware recorded 10+ sacks in seven straight seasons. Only two other players in NFL history have more consecutive seasons with 10+ sacks: Reggie White (9), John Randle (8)[31]

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports Senior NFL Columnist, ranked Ware as the 3rd best player in the NFL (behind Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady) going into the 2012 season and as the best defensive player in the NFL.[32] In 2012, NFL.com analyst Daniel Jeremiah ranked Ware as the best edge pass rusher in the league and a "top-five player in the NFL, regardless of position".[33] The NFL Top 100 for 2012 ranked Ware as the best rusher, best linebacker, 2nd overall defensive player behind defensive back Darrelle Revis (number 5 overall) and the 6th overall player in the NFL.

Ware is the second fastest player ever to reach 100+ sacks (Reggie White is the fastest) and the 29th player in history to do so.

Ware recorded 28 multiple-sack games and 32 forced fumbles as a member of the Dallas Cowboys, both most in club history.

Ware has ranked in the top three in total sacks league-wide in 4 out of 5 seasons (3rd place in 2007, 1st place in 2008, 7th place in 2009, 1st place in 2010, and 2nd place in 2011).

On April 19, 2016, the governor of Alabama declared April 19 "DeMarcus Ware Day" in his honor.[34]

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

Not even close. Gore had maybe two or three years where he was a top 10 RB, and only one (second-team) All-Pro. Ware was in the top 5 for pass rushing most seasons he was in the league, was sack leader twice, four first-team All-Pros, three second-team. Ware also made it into the top 10 sacks playing fewer seasons than anyone else who's ranked up there except Jared Allen.

Ware also has the star/elite reputation/perception , something Gore never really had.

Yeah, Ware was elite, Gore was slightly above average with only longevity to speak of

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Brogan Roback sounds like a guy you would see on American Ninja Warrior with a sob story of overcoming adversity, who would immediately fall into the water on the first obstacle

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ok ok

Ware is the Ray Guy of DEs jeez

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I knew that was a troll post lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Frank Gore is elite

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Frank Gore is elite

About as elite as Joe Flacco

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Frank Gore is elite

Correct.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The last game Frank Gore missed was when he cracked his hip in 2011. Hes a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

DaStampede posted:

About as elite as Joe Flacco

HoF lock.

• Locked thread