Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfsmbQS8Pvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If they have gameplay ready for e3 :gizz:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

If they have gameplay ready for e3 :gizz:

Rumor is its on the ms stage

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

JBP posted:

Is it meant to be a joke that Kiryu gets framed for murder at the start then proceeds to drop people on their heads and worse for the rest of the game/s because that is pretty funny.
There's one sidequest in 0 where you protect a guy who keeps meeting people who want to kick his rear end for no reason.
It pretty much means the roving mobs of gangsters are canon.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Getting caught up on PS4 games. Nier Automata seems to have good reviews.

Should I play the previous game, Nier, or the Drakengard games to appreciate it more?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nah

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
https://twitter.com/ron_lajoie/status/996139150519742464

CliffyB is scum

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The hit boxes on the slamming walls in Ivaldis workshop are absolute bullshit 😤😤😤😤

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The hit boxes on the slamming walls in Ivaldis workshop are absolute bullshit 😤😤😤😤

i only ever got hit by those once and it was when a kill animation carried me into the smashing walls and i couldn't cancel out of it

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Should I play the previous game, Nier, or the Drakengard games to appreciate it more?

They're not necessary at all to follow Nier:A, but there are a few minor characters that are callbacks to Nier. If anything you should read up on their plots because they're pretty cool.

The silver lining here is that my dislike of him is no longer irrational

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Steve Yun posted:

Counterpoint: NieR is literally my favorite video game of all time, and IMO everyone who doesn't need a game to be flawless and extremely polished to enjoy it should play it

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

What was this? Claims unavailable now.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Was basically a nothing trailer saying a reveal trailer will be at E3. Still, that's friggan exciting. I adored Witcher 3 so I'm pumped for this one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Og nier is amazing. It plays like a low budget hack and slash tho but the subversion of player expectations and shifting perspectives are unmatched by any other game ive played.

Nier A takes place 10,000 years later so you dont need to play it first its pretty self contained with only a few callbacks.

Drakenguard is cool for the lore aspects but you are better off with watching a video of the one key part than trying to play it nowadays

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah I somehow got obliterated when I was standing on a ledge, while carrying an Anchor of Fog. Took a long time before I got another one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Commissar Ken posted:

What was this? Claims unavailable now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnTU63Yshoo

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Steve Yun posted:

If you can play OG Nier, you definitely should, I sure as hell wish I could. Otherwise, feel free to go straight to Automata.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
NieR is on 360 and PS3, and if you have a real beefy CPU, the RPCS3 emulator is also to the point where it's definitely playable there.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

acksplode posted:

The silver lining here is that my dislike of him is no longer irrational

He was a very nice guy when I met him in 2001 but clearly the success of GoW has gone to his head

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

If you like LPs I recommend an LP of NieR (the one by super best friends is really good) cause NieR is kind of a chore to play and to get everything in. They tear through everything and cut out all the grinding.

If you don't like LPs you should prob just jump straight to Automata and then go back and play NieR if you really like the world and want to know how it became the way it is.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Also unavailable. What are you linking?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seedge posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 E3 announce. Getting pulled everywhere it seems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJygALs_l8

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Seedge posted:

It's a teaser for Cyberpunk 2077, the CD Projekt Red thing. Seems like they don't want it available quite yet, judging by how quickly these videos are going down.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know that video isn't even probably that interesting but the fact that it's getting taken down by the second makes me want to watch it :lol:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's nothing that mind-blowing, it is a 30 second video with no new footage saying that Cyberpunk 2077's release date will be announced at E3

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
CliffyB is an rear end in a top hat and a hack and I hope he dies before he makes another game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

CliffyB is an rear end in a top hat and a hack and I hope he dies before he makes another game.

It's just video games man

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's nothing that mind-blowing, it is a 30 second video with no new footage saying that Cyberpunk 2077's release date will be announced at E3

It’s been what, 6 or 7 years since that teaser trailer?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

beep by grandpa posted:

It's just video games man

A bunch of people just got turfed with no notice because CliffyB is a coward and, frankly, a weiner

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

A bunch of people just got turfed with no notice because CliffyB is a coward and, frankly, a weiner

I wouldn't want anyone wishing death on my friend Megaman's Jockstrap

acksplode
May 17, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I wouldn't want anyone wishing death on my friend Megaman's Jockstrap

If he fired a bunch of people with a press release then I dunno :shrug:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Wasn't even a press release, it was a drat tweet. yuuuuuuuck

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's a teaser for the reveal trailer which will be shown at E3. Nothing about a release date.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

F-Zero you say :nyoron:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/996157150408855553

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BisterdDave posted:

It's a teaser for the reveal trailer which will be shown at E3. Nothing about a release date.

But the game already had a reveal trailer... five years ago

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The video's just a dumb fan made thing.

It'll probably be re-announced at E3 though.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But the game already had a reveal trailer... five years ago

Well this is another reveal trailer then, a more in depth reveal I guess. The closest thing to a release date will maybe be the release year (the trailer will say 2019, but we all know it's 2020 at best).

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s been what, 6 or 7 years since that teaser trailer?

I was gonna say that it couldn’t possibly have been that long ago but then I looked it up and it was literally 6 years ago lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rad Valtar posted:

This is gross don’t do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 E3 announce. Getting pulled everywhere it seems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJygALs_l8

Wow it's nothing