Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Space Skeleton posted:

What agent can actually pull this off?

I love the description in that :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
Man, having no luck with the legendary Tokyo cargo keys. All I'm getting is gadgets that are OK, but I really want to see if I could get a legendary weapon, lol!

Any goons running the Orochi tower tonight? I'm on floor 3, and realize with 2 people it'll go even faster.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I thought the purpose of the keys was to get shards?

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Secret World's getting a new game director again

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Congrats to our own theflyingorc!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Congrats to our own theflyingorc!

uh, that is not me. I'm still just a programmer.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

theflyingorc posted:

uh, that is not me. I'm still just a programmer.

Yeah, but during the Regency you have a window in which to press your weak claim!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Exactly. You're getting a promotion. Time to unban Evil Bill Murray!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-DpPicOZOig&t=12s

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Exactly. You're getting a promotion. Time to unban Evil Bill Murray!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-DpPicOZOig&t=12s

I've been unbanned for awhile I just wandered away out of boredom this time

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Len posted:

I've been unbanned for awhile I just wandered away out of boredom this time

Okay well play that scene in reverse then.

But way same. On the reboot my friends and I restarted and dropped real hard. I hear it's better X months after the relaunch but it was tough to throw our progress out like that. We never even made it to Tokyo...

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
My daily routine at the moment is generally first two New Dawn main quests, dead drop, dungeon at some point, and Tokyo reporter red main quest.

Anyone have better suggestions (other than mixing it up for the sake of doing so)? None of the other New Dawn mains really jump out at me, although on the plus side there are a TON of side quests.

maybe the computer data New Dawn mission would be nice and fast if I did it enough times it didn't kill me multiple times

also today I had for one of my first nuSW elite dungeons a group that was just good enough we never wiped, and just bad enough the survivors had to pull some bullshit out of our asses on two Darkness War bosses. :3: best group experience I've had in the reboot so far

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 15, 2018

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I earned myself another bug hunter t-shirt by getting a level 3 alt out of bounds in Egypt. :v:

Edit:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 15, 2018

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Well, I just got into this again last night, first time since Legends dropped. I suppose the combat is a bit better to navigate, and the new areas to Agartha are OK and supported enough by the plot (I mean, Agartha really does seem like a better place for an "all encompassing hub" than London does) but... I'm not feeling the new beginning part. Like, at all. I suppose it's to draw new players in with a unified tutorial that goes over what you're going to do, but I liked the initial dream sequence, drat it! The alien shoreline, the conflicting voices of He In Black/She In White, the image of a whole bunch of bees entering your mouth- it drew me in, much more than this stupid mausoleum and its really simple puzzles, and blech. And what's the deal with assigning your class at the start, and not having that scene with your respective trainer? You have to get used to all the styles somehow, was it really not OK to do that anymore? It was a bit of interjected personality, a chance to get a feel for your faction, and now... it's its just a means of acquiring your phone, and it feels stupid to change areas as opposed to your trainer just handing it to you there. Man, I'm glad I played through all of the beginning sequences when I joined up first thing, or I would be quite cross now. And god in heaven, is the Tokyo dream sequence stupid now if you don't have a shotgun in your class, as Sarah is supposed to have a defined skillset which you might not have, due to the new tutorial.

It's not a deal breaker or anything; I mean, as soon as I got to Solomon Island and Boone's dulcet tones, it was like slipping on some old, comfortable pants... but I want it known that when it comes to this new beginning, no sir, I don't like it. And if Mr. Fancy New Director wants to know what I think, you tell him I don't like it! :mad:

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I've always loved the lore behind this game, is having to learn a new game and level quick enough to get to the apparently new content?

I'm kinda miffed they stopped making plot for the game I already had a tooled out character for, but eh.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Hipster Occultist posted:

I've always loved the lore behind this game, is having to learn a new game and level quick enough to get to the apparently new content?

I'm kinda miffed they stopped making plot for the game I already had a tooled out character for, but eh.

If the only thing you're in for is the current new content, I doubt it. You won't be able to gear up enough by zipping through the storyline alone. If you're cool with revisiting the game enough to do all/most of the missions in each zone, then you should be fine on gear.

There's not really a learning curve involved in transitioning from TSW to SWL. If anything, it's the opposite.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I managed to hit 50 with two purple weapons and the rest of my gear blue before I finished the first Egypt zone, so if you can tough it out that far you can just breeze through the rest of the story.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Can I play this with a controller now?

(My cousin lent me his Xbone controller, I wanna test if the game is more fun like that)

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I got it working with the Steam Controller, was wonky. It's a bit of a setup, but yes you can play with a controller.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Neat! Thanks!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

clone on the phone posted:

I managed to hit 50 with two purple weapons and the rest of my gear blue before I finished the first Egypt zone, so if you can tough it out that far you can just breeze through the rest of the story.

Meanwhile I'm having problems getting good weapons. Everything else I have is 2/3 pip stuff (ended up buying a good belt off of the auction) but I'm still tooling around with single pip blue weapons in Transylvania. Still don't have enough Marks to buy any of the good stuff off of the auction either (I went pistol/shotgun because I remember having some fun with pistol in TSW and I still do.)

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Something that might help is looping back to earlier zones and speeding through earlier missions to finish the daily challenges. I like KM to knock out the first mission outside of the Agartha portal where you play with zombies on the way into town, the mission to defend the police station, and the Morninglight mission where you chase a wendigo for a package. You can pick up side missions along the way, Andy's bullets and the two mail delivery are probably easiest. Use the gear drops from the missions for four empowerments, and you'll get the mob kills along the way. This nets you with 5k marks in ~10 mins, and selling the excess gear to a vendor nets a few thousand shards. You can buy a full set of basic 3 pip gear on the AH with 1-2 day's earnings.

Running dungeons also counts toward challenges and nets distillates. Agent missions also grant distillates, so it's not difficult to keep your gear leveled if you try.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I looked up some more details about Fusion 'cause some questions occurred to me and it turns out that pips only matter for Talisman's power. Pip's for weapons only affect their suffix :v:

Got a 2-pip pistol of havoc out of a bag that I've been bringing up to make elite though anyways.

Anima shards are now the problem :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hello Sailor posted:

If the only thing you're in for is the current new content, I doubt it. You won't be able to gear up enough by zipping through the storyline alone. If you're cool with revisiting the game enough to do all/most of the missions in each zone, then you should be fine on gear.

There's not really a learning curve involved in transitioning from TSW to SWL. If anything, it's the opposite.

Counterpoint: I mostly zipped through the storyline alone and never really hit a serious difficulty wall.

Well, okay, some of the SA bosses were big ol' sacks of hp and that was after I had a little bit of time in Tokyo to cool down and grind, but that was about as bad as it ever got.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Some people interviewed the new lead on video about the game moving forward but I don't want to trawl through the video for info. Is there a write-up anywhere?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

The game keeps teasing me with potential dossier rewards for agent missions and when the missions complete the rewards are just some lovely distils.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 10, 2018

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

clone on the phone posted:

Some people interviewed the new lead on video about the game moving forward but I don't want to trawl through the video for info. Is there a write-up anywhere?
Only thing I've seen is this forum thread: https://forums.funcom.com/t/chris-interview-tldr/4424

Space Skeleton posted:

The game keeps teasing me with potential dossier rewards for agent missions and when the missions complete the rewards are just some lovely distils.
You need to get an outstanding success to win the agent.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Thanks!

I'm climbing the Orochi tower for the first time, and I'm doing it all in one sitting because I hate myself. I just finished the Sycoil floors and only just realised that the floor layout has the same shape as the Orochi 'O' logo, which is nice.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The orochi tower is stuffed full of detail, I love it.

Has anyone made a decent solo ele/blood build? Ton of the guides I see assume you're running with a group in end game content, rather than solo stuff.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

poptart_fairy posted:

Has anyone made a decent solo ele/blood build? Ton of the guides I see assume you're running with a group in end game content, rather than solo stuff.

I don't know about Legends since everything changed but you could make a really good blood DPS build (based around crit procs) in the old version.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
There's stuff on reddit that breaks down why some weapons are better as primary/secondary, but I think you want blood/ele instead of ele/blood. I remember seeing plenty of blood/ele builds back when I was playing around with various weapon combos. Fists and shotgun also pair well as secondaries for blood.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

poptart_fairy posted:

There's a thread on the SWL forums that gives half-builds by weapon so you can go with whatever primary and add a suitable secondary. The author doesn't recommend pairing elemental primary with blood, but does say that blood primary with elemental works.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/how-to-build-all-weapons/881

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Don't think I've ever had a week-long doublepost before.

Anyway, I'm aiming to kill the two Kingsmouth summoned bosses and the super version of the summoned jinn in Scorched Desert. They all drop lore. I have the items needed to do the KM summons (SD one just needs to clear several mobs in a small amount of time), but I've never done any of them before. As I understand it, they're pretty strong mobs that you want a full level-50 party for and the draug boss in Kingsmouth requires five people to do the summon.

If there's four other goons who still play this thing and want the lore, let's try for this weekend. I can be available whenever would work best for everyone else; my only RL responsibilities right now are packing up house to move at the end of the month and job-hunting.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
I kinda gave up on the game around when the Orochi tower came out, but hell I'll reinstall and see about giving a hand with the summons.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Are you in the goon cabal? I typically only log on to start agent missions these days but if I'm on I can tank for you, just holler in cabal chat.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I didn't know we had one. Just tried joining the Discord, but the GDN bot that does the auth PMs doesn't appear to be online.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Hello Sailor posted:

I didn't know we had one. Just tried joining the Discord, but the GDN bot that does the auth PMs doesn't appear to be online.

Edit: I'm an idiot, discord does require goon auth

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Exmond posted:

Edit: I'm an idiot, discord does require goon auth

Yeah we tried unsuccessfully to get that removed way back when. Nukes has an old TSW goon discord that doesn't require that if Nixon isn't around to fix things.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
I'll be around for a while today and try keeping an eye on the forum here, for when/if help's needed.
I'm also back in the discord with the broken bot, unauthed at the moment.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I've joined the knackered discord so if you still need help with the lore bosses, @ me on there. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

How active is the goon cabal? I did the discord authentication but haven't asked for an invite if there are only 3 people in it. I'm taking my time and slowly going through the savage coast right now.

Progression seems really really slow though, does AP and SP start to flow better once you've hit max level?