Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Von Linus posted:

Hello everyone, I'm having fun with God of War and I am still unable to beat Yhorm in Dark souls 3. I'm starting to think that life is pointless.

Yhorm is a gimmick fight use the sword you find there and hit R2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
use the Siegward and occasionally offer encouraging gestures

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Dark Souls 3 rules and it's basically as fast as Bloodborne you are missing out.
The enemies are, sure.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Digirat posted:

Dark souls 3 will make you sick of the souls series if you aren't, so if you already are then steer clear unless you start feeling more enthusiastic about it

I played all the Souls games up to date and Dark Souls 3 just before Bloodborne and man I feel like the bosses just get harder to the point where it's not enjoyable anymore. I hit a hard wall with Pontiff Sulyvahn and I literally cannot beat him, and don't feel like replaying the boss fight 60 times or lucking out with the summons anymore. gently caress 6 hit combos.

...! posted:

I strongly disagree with the general sentiment that the original Nier is optional before playing Automata. If you skip it or even just watch an LP, you're going to have an inferior experience with Automata. Most people who say otherwise never actually played the original themselves, so they don't even know how much of Automata's experience they missed. Only skip the original if you have absolutely no way of playing it. Fortunately, the original is a quite amazing game and was easily my personal GOTY 2010. Play it first. Do it.

The Drakengard series is pretty skippable. The original Nier takes place in the aftermath of the joke ending of Drakengard 1. Drakengard is a really bad game so just YouTube that ending.

Playing Drakengard 3 before Automata will slightly enhance the Automata experience and give a bit of context to some things but is nowhere near as necessary as Nier 1. D3 is a pretty divisive game. A lot of people hate it, but I love it in spite of its many issues. But you can skip it with no problem.

I started playing Nier on my PS3 to prepare for tackling Automata sometime later next month and the music is absolutely phenomenal, the story might be getting interesting but the actual gameplay combined with the need to kill the same boring enemies time and time again sucks balls to the point I don't feel like playing it but still want to experience the game first-hand. It has nothing on the first Drakengard, though, that was a cool story tackled on a non-stop, 20-hour, mindless grind.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol at the guy who can’t beat the gimmick boss in a game that came out in 2016

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

DS3 is absolutely the worst Dark Souls game and the bosses are garbage

Play Bloodborne instead

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adam Vegas posted:

DS3 is absolutely the worst Dark Souls game and the bosses are garbage

Play Bloodborne instead

DS2 is the worst

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Out of all bosses, Yhorm is the easiest. Like is my "farming sunbro medals" one because the fail rate, even with lovely pubbies is almost 0.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

lordfrikk posted:

I started playing Nier on my PS3 to prepare for tackling Automata sometime later next month and the music is absolutely phenomenal, the story might be getting interesting but the actual gameplay combined with the need to kill the same boring enemies time and time again sucks balls to the point I don't feel like playing it but still want to experience the game first-hand. It has nothing on the first Drakengard, though, that was a cool story tackled on a non-stop, 20-hour, mindless grind.

I like Nier, but it's a cult classic that people like despite its numerous flaws. There's a lot of cool things and ideas in there, but there is no getting around that mechanically it's a lovely game.
The music is good though, that's not up for debate.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My PS4 hard drive died last night. It was trying to load some textures, I heard it clicking and whirring and then nothing.

Rats!

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

VideoGames posted:

My PS4 hard drive died last night. It was trying to load some textures, I heard it clicking and whirring and then nothing.

Rats!

Aw man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

If it’s any consolation, a lot of hard drives are compatible with installing into the PS4 and it’s a fairly easy process, though of course it voids any warranty you might have. But it’s pretty simple to do and since save games are stored in the cloud, you shouldn’t lose any progress in anything if you can replace the hard drive!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

Rats!

Sucks. Reminds me I need to back up my saves 😑

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

Tlou's mp designer left naughty dog this week so tlou2 probably gonna be different

Actually he left in January but same thing yeah. He was one of the mains on UC2, 3, TLOU, and UC4 multi, but he wasn't the ONLY person

Holy moly

Housh posted:

I wonder if that effects the hit box

Oh it hits box all right

Kilometers Davis posted:

Boss Key Games shut down. It’s time for CliffyB to do something cool and new. I know he has it in him. The dude is talented and seems generally likable so I hope his next career mood goes smoothly compared to how it has been post Epic Games.

He has never been generally likable.

I'm unsure but I think this character is based on Cliffy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHLR3faI7lU

Steve Yun posted:

Getting caught up on PS4 games. Nier Automata seems to have good reviews.

Should I play the previous game, Nier, or the Drakengard games to appreciate it more?

If you want a brief overview then just watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8xx4sT6rEI

Infinitum posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 E3 announce. Getting pulled everywhere it seems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJygALs_l8

More interested in this than I was with Witcher, glad they're done with high fantasy to be honest

VideoGames posted:

Rats!

Hope you have cloud saves at least

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Adam Vegas posted:

Aw man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

If it’s any consolation, a lot of hard drives are compatible with installing into the PS4 and it’s a fairly easy process, though of course it voids any warranty you might have. But it’s pretty simple to do and since save games are stored in the cloud, you shouldn’t lose any progress in anything if you can replace the hard drive!

I thought saves were only saved in the cloud if you've got ps+

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

fridge corn posted:

i think ps+ gives you extra storage space, but you get 1 gig with just a psn account?

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

fridge corn posted:

oh yeah, I've had PS+ going since I had a PS3 back in the day so I might just be getting mixed up

sorry Mr VideoGames, I might have given you false hope there :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
No need to worry! I upload all my saves to the cloud thanks to PS+ :D

(I sometimes force it earlier just in case as once when I was 12 I lost some of my story writing on an old floppy 5 and a quarter inch disk. I have never made the mistake of not having backups since!)

Also, I just bought a lovely 2TB hard disk so tomorrow I get to do to my PS4 what I did to my PS3 years ago :D

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Oh no I lost all my saved games, guess I have to play these awesome A+ Sony exclusive games all over again

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Steve Yun posted:

Oh no I lost all my saved games, guess I have to play these awesome A+ Sony exclusive games all over again

You have to fall off a bike or something and get amnesia like that one goon was talking about, so every cool rear end game is brand new

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Attitude Indicator posted:

i think ps+ gives you extra storage space, but you get 1 gig with just a psn account?

How do I verify this?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

fridge corn posted:

How do I verify this?

you dont. i was wrong. you need ps+ apparently.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Attitude Indicator posted:

you dont. i was wrong. you need ps+ apparently.

:(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajAQJBaWc90

September 6th, $29.99 / £24.99. There's going to be 2 demos, one for regular and one for VR play.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Konami.... putting effort into games again :thunk: ???

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't get used to it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Konami.... putting effort into games again :thunk: ???

Speaking of Cliffy B and lovely business practices, Konami has a fuuuuuuuuuuuuckload of work to do to get past poo poo like not allowing Kojima to accept awards for the game he developed.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 E3 announce. Getting pulled everywhere it seems
Why would someone show anything like that ever if they didn't want it to be uploaded to the internet by a hundred people instantly?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

September 6th, $29.99 / £24.99. There's going to be 2 demos, one for regular and one for VR play.

What game is this? YouTube on my phone isn’t working and I know if I don’t ask I’ll forget to look it up later.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zone of the Enders 2

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Oh gently caress yes.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What game is this? YouTube on my phone isn’t working and I know if I don’t ask I’ll forget to look it up later.

ZOE2 is being redone for PS4 because Konami is Konami

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Now if we could just get a Silent Hill HD collection that isn't utter poo poo.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I skipped the PS3 remaster so ZOE2 in 4K sounds pretty loving good to me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Silent Hill 2 and 3 are some of the scariest games I have ever played. I love, love, LOVE being scared by games, films, books, TV and theatre and these games could do that with just a few noises.

The opening to 3, with the rusty coaster and the strange mall still cause the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up with dread. Goodness I wish there were more scary games!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Steve Yun posted:

Getting caught up on PS4 games. Nier Automata seems to have good reviews.

Should I play the previous game, Nier, or the Drakengard games to appreciate it more?

you don't need to but nier 1 owns all on its own, gameplay is nowhere near as good but the story and characters are better and i played Nier 1 after loving Automata so I'm not nostalgia biased

also Dark Souls 3 is the best Souls game, it has some issues but its so easy to play and gently caress about compared to the others and its gorgeous and has great bosses

I maybe prefer bloodborne a little but its way more esoteric and janky

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Adam Vegas posted:

If it’s any consolation, a lot of hard drives are compatible with installing into the PS4 and it’s a fairly easy process, though of course it voids any warranty you might have.

No it doesn't. Sony has been encouraging people to put in new hard drives since they put hard drives in their consoles at all. Also, warranty stickers are illegal.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Policenaut posted:

this is my #1 fav game of all time I hope they dont gently caress it up like they did the original ps3 launch.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
For some reason the silent hill series totally skipped past me. I should probably catch an lp of them, seem to constantly hear praise for 2 in particular.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

nopantsjack posted:

you don't need to but nier 1 owns all on its own, gameplay is nowhere near as good but the story and characters are better and i played Nier 1 after loving Automata so I'm not nostalgia biased

also Dark Souls 3 is the best Souls game, it has some issues but its so easy to play and gently caress about compared to the others and its gorgeous and has great bosses

I maybe prefer bloodborne a little but its way more esoteric and janky

I love Dark Souls 3 but Bloodborne is far from janky. The game is built around fast combat and DS3 suffers from trying to port that to the souls universo where shields and heavy armor exist, also no dodging and rally. I'd say that BB is more polished and focused than DS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

VideoGames posted:

The opening to 3, with the rusty coaster and the strange mall still cause the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up with dread.
They absolutely nailed the atmosphere in 3, and it all still holds up really nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBtSCxmwh88

It's a shame the SH HD Collection on PS3/360 was such a mess.