Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Nice. Mine's pretty much all grey/salt and pepper, with two dark strips on either side of my chin where the mustache would continue down. Kinda weird, but I like it. I don't think I have near the patience to maintain such a luxurious beard, and mine's not so thick, so I trimmed up.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Falling Down is an incredible movie.

Yeah it is.

The Door Frame posted:

Nier: Automatic Tomatoes

Was that a conscious attempt at humor, or an autocorrect? I could see it going either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Darchangel posted:

For $12, I'll take a chance it won't fit on mine. Thanks!

Got it yesterday.

It fits!:

Thanks angryrobots!
Now to buy some tips.

Oh, and mine is a "Task Force" brand, BTW, which is Lowe's cheaper house brand, below Kobalt.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

slidebite posted:

Did they prepay the freight for you or was it sent collect? If it's prepaid and even if it isn't their fault (or, it might be you don't know what the issue is - maybe the f'd up paperwork?) but my suggestion would be to ask the shipper to contact them and ask them to find out what the deal is. All you know is it's late and you paid in full and still don't have what you paid for. They probably have more weight to throw around and the trucking company probably cares more about them.

e: Who here has a beard?

While I was on holidays I didn't shave. So now I haven't shaved for over 2 weeks and I don't mind the look (I was told outright by a woman at work that if I wasn't married she'd take me home RIGHT THEN and ride me ragged) it's a pain to groom, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure how to best do it. Also, I now need to wear beard nets when I go into food environments.

I think I'm shaving it off tomorrow.

I've had a full beard ever since I quit cooking for a living. It's great, but beardnets were the worst, so I sympathize with you shaving.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

angryrobots posted:

I got picked as juror for a felony DUI trial. I'm trying to be objective and fair, but the defense attorney is literally this, bowtie and all:

His opening statement was "I'm just a simple country lawyer from *neighboring county*" and I just about lost it.

Ahahaha. I was on the jury for a theft case and had pretty much the same guy as a defense lawyer.

The judge was one of those people that just exudes sweetness, but a few hours in after yet another bullshit and literally pointless objection, she called him to the bench and I'm pretty sure she threatened to eviscerate him where he stood if he didn't get his loving act together.

I guess when you're a middle aged white guy who is caught on video stealing a left behind purse from the Jack In The Box that you not only live next door to, but used to work at, the only lawyers who will tell you that going to trial is a good idea are the ones who suck. Because holy poo poo he should've taken whatever plea bargain was sent his way.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Holy poo poo, I just found out GWAR is coming to town in July.

I think I gotta go.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Thanks angryrobots!
Now to buy some tips.

Oh, and mine is a "Task Force" brand, BTW, which is Lowe's cheaper house brand, below Kobalt.

NP. It happened to come up a week after I was researching it for myself.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Been here at the depot for 45 minutes so far and am still waiting.

Did you bring a pike?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Liquid Communism posted:

Holy poo poo, I just found out GWAR is coming to town in July.

I think I gotta go.

Do it.

I went in December and it was amazing. Not as good as with Brockie, but still loving awesome.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

spog posted:

Did you bring a pike?

Hell, 45 minutes is enough time to carve one.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I assumed he would fashion one out of the broken bed frame, just to drive the point home

Darchangel posted:

Was that a conscious attempt at humor, or an autocorrect? I could see it going either way.

A bit of both. I'm dyslexic and the title is hard for me to remember, so I always make that joke

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

spog posted:

Did you bring a pike?

There was a 2x2 in the bed of my dad's truck, close enough.

I have the bed, its undamaged and here and I'll post an update in my thread later.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Darchangel posted:

Got it yesterday.

It fits!:

Thanks angryrobots!
Now to buy some tips.

I'm glad this worked for you.

Looks just different enough from mine that it would probably not have worked.

So far my fix seems to be holding up after a week of use.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Fermented Tinal posted:

I have the bed, its undamaged and here and I'll post an update in my thread later.

Wow, I thought odds were that there was going to be a more involved story than that. Grats on a successful retrieval run.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Fermented Tinal posted:

I'm glad this worked for you.

Looks just different enough from mine that it would probably not have worked.

So far my fix seems to be holding up after a week of use.

Yeah, yours doesn’t have the nipple with the o-ring on the wand side. Probably does it the other way around, with a socket on the wand, and the nipple on the inside of the handle’s socket? Always more than one way to skin a cat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Interview today, went quite well I think. Very hopeful for this one.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

can we take a minute to talk about the new Camry? There is an XSE trim level that at first glance was...handsome. It is stupid that they have a car this good looking. The photos don't do it justice but they are actually good looking. What designer has Toyota stolen to make this car look good?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
But it's angular and bad and reminds me of the new prius with it's stupid little wings and I hate it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It's not as awful as other Toyotas but it still looks decidedly meh.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Somewhat Heroic posted:

can we take a minute to talk about the new Camry? There is an XSE trim level that at first glance was...handsome. It is stupid that they have a car this good looking. The photos don't do it justice but they are actually good looking. What designer has Toyota stolen to make this car look good?

i'd never buy one but they do look pretty decent for being a camry

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I absolutely detest the fake vents on the rear bumper, and I note that you’re not showing the front with Toyota patented Gaping Maw (tm).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Is it a hatchback? Cuz if not that's a small rear end trunk

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There was a custom built Camry coupe at NAIAS and it just look so good. Like a growed up GT86.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I mean there are a lot of rear 3/4 shots but if you are directly behind one in traffic they are not awful to look at. They are better looking than the Prius though.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

2018 XSE front:

OK, that's actually a huge improvement over the regular 2018:

Toyota's still showing commitment to the Maw, though, in the 2019 Avalon:

It wants to eat your young.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I mean there are a lot of rear 3/4 shots but if you are directly behind one in traffic they are not awful to look at. They are better looking than the Prius though.

Agreed. If it wasn't for those rear fake vents, I'd like the rear angle.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

2018 XSE front:

It looks like it's trying to make a duckface.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That is not an attractive vehicle.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Are we out of touch and people actually like that style of doofy loving grille? Because I genuinely do not understand why they keep doing it year after year

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Door Frame posted:

Are we out of touch and people actually like that style of doofy loving grille? Because I genuinely do not understand why they keep doing it year after year

I know a guy who specifically bought his Lexus because of it.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Man I hear ya. Sigh, it's probably the case too. I don't like it at all. :colbert:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
What, you don't like the look of black expanded sheet metal, or a fascmille of it?

Toyota's been doing it literally for forever. Example:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

InitialDave posted:

This. Holy poo poo that front end is just awful

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I'm sorry - I've seen this exact car recently and think it is Aztek level hideous, especially in white

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

InitialDave posted:

That cowcatcher grille is profane. And not in the good way.

Edit:

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 15, 2018

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
The Aztek is why Pontiac got taken out back and shot for being the rabid dog it was.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I've just noticed the smug face the back end has...

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

IOwnCalculus posted:

Ahahaha. I was on the jury for a theft case and had pretty much the same guy as a defense lawyer.

The judge was one of those people that just exudes sweetness, but a few hours in after yet another bullshit and literally pointless objection, she called him to the bench and I'm pretty sure she threatened to eviscerate him where he stood if he didn't get his loving act together.

I guess when you're a middle aged white guy who is caught on video stealing a left behind purse from the Jack In The Box that you not only live next door to, but used to work at, the only lawyers who will tell you that going to trial is a good idea are the ones who suck. Because holy poo poo he should've taken whatever plea bargain was sent his way.

FYI, the reason defense attormeys object is to preserve the issue for appeal. If you don't object, you waive the issue, even if the judge has made their ruling and told the attorney what it is.
So, yeah, the judge is annoyed because they think they are correct and the attorney is basically saying they are wrong, but if the attorney doesn't object, you gently caress up the appeal.
Read nothing into objections or the ruling on the objections. They're not for you or even for this court.

Also, remember that half of the defense attorney's job is to convince people with good cases to go to trial and those without to plea. They almost never listen.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Not quite as bad as Honda's new Type R

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
A coworker of mine has one and it literally looks like an Autobot. His kid loves it.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

spog posted:

That really reminds me of Rocket League, and not in a good way. At least its taillights look like cute anime eyes instead of angry slits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

spog posted:

Yeah, but that's a loving amazing wizard of a car.

The Camry is a woman named Cathy with a bob cut who yells about not enough ketchup packets with her fries.

• Locked thread