Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Filthy Hans posted:

Not quite what you asked for since it's Amazon instead of Netflix, but Patriot in 4k is really beautiful. There aren't any special effects, it's just the long takes of the faces of great actors that are so great. When you have shots like that, peoples' faces look almost like landscape. It's also a show where the characters aren't all caked up in makeup, their imperfections are on full display.

I've got prime in Canada, so a more limited selection of shows and movies. If it is on there I will check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Amazon produced it so I'd imagine there is 100% chance it's on there.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

veni veni veni posted:

The near future sci fi stuff in The Rain seems kind of unnecessary and dumb.

It's mostly just fancy bunkers and fancy drone/gps stuff.

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Is the Rain German? If it's anything like The Dark, they'll be pouring out minute details of a mystery several episodes after they gave you enough info to figure it out.

It's Danish. I've watched the entire thing and it's more like a thriller/drama than anything else (it's not a mystery). I really liked it and recommend watching it. It's not a zombie thing at all in case anyone suspected it might be. It's post-apocalyptic, more or less

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Netflix: What's the difference between "Popular on Netflix" and "Trending Now"?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lycus posted:

Netflix: What's the difference between "Popular on Netflix" and "Trending Now"?

Trending Now is a blend of popular plus their algorithm suggestions.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I would kill a man for Netflix to implement a "show all movies" filter like HBOGo does.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Enos Cabell posted:

I would kill a man for Netflix to implement a "show all movies" filter like HBOGo does.

That would specifically show how small their library can be at times, and they've talked about deliberately avoiding that. Netflix banks on their algorithm - that's probably like 50% of their value, easy.

I want it, too. But it would be business suicide.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Enos Cabell posted:

You'll never get the whole library on one page but I'm pretty sure you can view all the movies in a particular genre. Somewhat handy if you know you're looking for Action, Horror, or whatever.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

Just watched LA confidential on Netflix. I feel like modern 1950s Noirs only hit a few notes but this was a two octave concerto.
And it had a fun sci-fi Spielberg remake (kinda!!!)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Golden Bee posted:

Just watched LA confidential on Netflix. I feel like modern 1950s Noirs only hit a few notes but this was a two octave concerto.

There's a TV show in development with Walton Goggins in the Jack Vincennes role.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Timby posted:

There's a TV show in development with Walton Goggins in the Jack Vincennes role.

There is so much good stuff in James Ellroy’s LA Quartet that you can make an awesome series out of the books.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Timby posted:

Got all excited until I read it's CBS.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Sir Kodiak posted:

Got all excited until I read it's CBS.

gently caress

HBO or Showtime could've done an amazing job. With CBS it'll be garbage, especially the gunplay. God damnit.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

redreader posted:

It's mostly just fancy bunkers and fancy drone/gps stuff.

It's Danish. I've watched the entire thing and it's more like a thriller/drama than anything else (it's not a mystery). I really liked it and recommend watching it. It's not a zombie thing at all in case anyone suspected it might be. It's post-apocalyptic, more or less

I just felt the concept was them scraping the bottom of the barrel for a partially new post-apocalypse concept, and it just became a slog and a by-the-numbers post-apocalypse show after they left the bunker.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Is there anything worth watching on Full Moon? Besides Puppet Master I-III?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Big fan of Trancers 1-2. I don't know, do they have From Beyond on their service?

edit: just remembered that Prime has Trancers 1 and the first Puppetmaster under 13 Nights of Elvira

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 16, 2018

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
They have some stuff from Something Weird if that's your thing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
They have a weird variety of stuff. I signed up for it when they first started, they charged me once, and I've never been charged again so :psyduck:

http://fullmoonstreaming.com/index

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I did not know there was one Evil Bong movie. Apparently there are 6.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

I'm frankly surprised there isn't an entire subgenre of stoner horror. I guess there kind of is, with stuff like Toad Road and Resolution

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Evil Bong movies have been standard “bottom of the list” entries on Netflix for years, even before their catalog started to dwindle.

The first one is... okay? I’ve never seen the others.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sadly, I Downloaded a Ghost is not nearly as "so bad it's amazing" as you're imagining it is.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bored As gently caress posted:

gently caress

HBO or Showtime could've done an amazing job. With CBS it'll be garbage, especially the gunplay. God damnit.

Person of Interest was CBS and managed to be excellent, so there’s still some hope.

Not a lot. But some.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Barry on HBO: Good
The trend of having 8-10 episodes a season: Bad

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

Barry on HBO: Good
The trend of having 8-10 episodes a season: Bad

I liked this show way more than I expected, and I agree.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Are these all David Decoteau mockbusters, or was there a full genre of cat-based weird family films in the 2000s?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Are Ghost Cat, Ghost Dog and Ghost Dad a trilogy?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

veni veni veni posted:

All I know is that Hulu has all of them, including Evil Bong vs. The Gingerdead Man.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
So, Evil Bong is the new Puppet Master?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

So, Evil Bong is the new Puppet Master?

Puppetmaster was a legit horror series for the first 3-4 movies though, as I recently found out. Puppetmaster III is just a really good horror movie, no qualification needed.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

business hammocks posted:

Are these all David Decoteau mockbusters, or was there a full genre of cat-based weird family films in the 2000s?

quote:

Ghost Cat, also released as Mrs. Ashboro's Cat or The Cat That Came Back, is a 2003 Animal Planet television film[1] starring Ellen Page and Nigel Bennett. It was directed by Don McBrearty and written by Larry Ketron. The film is based on the novel by Beverly Butler. The film is rated PG for "mild thematic elements and some peril".

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

...was that third poster what inspired David Cage to make Beyond: Two Souls?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

...was that third poster what inspired David Cage to make Beyond: Two Souls?

Actually it was the pee scene from Juno.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh no not the "peeing scenes" discussion again

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

precision posted:

I hope the next season of Glow has one in every episode.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

precision posted:

Am I in the Trump thread?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lycus posted:

Am I in the Trump thread?

Every thread is the Trump thread, so yes.

For the record, I'm pro-urination. A bold stance, I know.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
pls no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

precision posted:

For the record, I'm pro-urination. A bold stance, I know.

I bet the peeing scene in Beyond could change your mind or at least provoke a more “truth is in the middle” stance on urination.