Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Safety Factor posted:

These are Smarties as we know them:

We don't have those other ones. They're just worse M&Ms anyways.

They're so much better than M&Ms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
https://twitter.com/KeetPotato/status/996672441316528128?s=19

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
None of this matters, because Reeses Pieces are just better M&Ms.

Though Crispy M&Ms are another story entirely. Sure, they're just basically round Kit-Kats, but the balance of chocolate to crisp is divine.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Ohhhhhh I'm super not thrilled with the warm reception that Girl seems to be getting out of Cannes

Hi Jenny.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Egbert Souse posted:

Canned tuna is a great budget protein. I made a bowl of tuna salad last night using a can of tuna, spoonful of nonfat Greek yogurt (instead of mayo), and a diced Gala apple.

Also, I'm making that Sicilian sardine pasta dish either tomorrow or Friday night. Picked up everything I need except for the fennel (using Chef John's recipe).

I used to not be crazy about canned tuna but the stuff in olive oil makes a big difference.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Slice of life: almost everything seems to be going wrong and I can’t do anything about it even though like 75% of it is my own drat fault?

My mental image of someone who laughs at the opening to Antichrist is the same kind of person who would chortle and say “how droll” to himself.

precision posted:

hummus and cheese sandwiches are also fantastic budget food

What kind of bread would you pair this with? Also what kind of cheese would you use?

Death By The Blues posted:

All dressed and ketchup chips toooooo

Some of my friends found all-dressed chips at a gas station in Kansas and they’re the best non-salt & vinegar chips I’ve ever had, and I’ve never seen those chips again.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

This is a joke made in 2018, the coldest take.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
All dressed chips just taste like bbq chips to me. Give me salt and vinegar any day.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Why do you americans even know what All-dressed is.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
What are you guys's hot workout raps/beats right now?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

K. Waste posted:

Madworld and Max Anarchy soundtracks.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

K. Waste posted:

Thrash metal

Edit: and Earth Crisis’ Firestorm/Forged in the Flames

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

K. Waste posted:

Tee Grizzley

MY FIRST OFFER WAS 30 YEARS NOT A DAY LOWER
I TOLD THEM CRACKERS HOLLA AT ME WHEN THEY SOBER

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 16, 2018

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lazerhawk

Are All Dressed Up chips what they used to call "The Works?" I haven't seen those in forever.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

K. Waste posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuEjB_AO90Y

Also I’ve listened to that new Drake song that samples Ms. Lauryn Hill an almost embarrassing number of times.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
All Dressed are a Canadian thing but they started selling them in the states recently. They taste like BBQ but a little less articifial? I like em

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Toebone posted:

All Dressed are a Canadian thing but they started selling them in the states recently. They taste like BBQ but a little less articifial? I like em

It's specifically trying (and failing) to mimic the flavor of All Dressed pizza, which is not a thing in the US. It's specifically a thing in Canada because of Quebec.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Toebone posted:

Yeah, they’re like barbecue chips but less sweet and more balanced. They’re dope and I want to find them again.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Anonymous Robot posted:

All dressed chips just taste like bbq chips to me. Give me salt and vinegar any day.

Ruffles sold S&V chips for a brief period here last year and they were so good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The only downside to salt and vinegar is if you eat too many it really wrecks your mouth.

My favorite chips brand went out of business years ago and was bought out by Old Dutch so now I can't get the salt and vinegar chips of my youth.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The worst part about getting an official diagnosis for diabetes is reading the drug interaction chart for my new meds and realizing I can't actually drink the bottle of chimay I bought as a graduation reward now.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
When I first moved to this city the local grocery store sold Herr’s grilled cheese and tomato soup cheese curls and then they never carried then again. Those fuckers.

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

Oh, they balanced the poo poo out of your grocery game.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

K. Waste posted:

Tuvan throat singing and Gregorian chanting

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Chip chat:
In Europe Doritos Cool Ranch is called Cool American. Because ranch, both the dressing and the type of farm, are entirely alien to us.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FreudianSlippers posted:

Chip chat:
In Europe Doritos Cool Ranch is called Cool American. Because ranch, both the dressing and the type of farm, are entirely alien to us.

You stupid bitch. You stupid loving bitch. I can’t believe how dumb you are. Jesus CHRIST I can’t believe how dumb you are, you are the dumbest MOTHERFUCKI

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In the UK they call it "Cool Original" because they don't know what an American is.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Imagine that scene from Pulp Fiction, but replace mayonnaise with ranch dressing.
“They fuckin’ drown ‘em in this poo poo.”

K. Waste posted:

I rotate a lot, but I’d probably go with the Spotify list I ended up making for Doomfist in Overwatch:
https://open.spotify.com/user/booshmee/playlist/78HNLWjx1eyIZxOIY8BUtP?si=bvzUohP1S92YbdgYRdLTqA
It has a mix of hip hop, big beat, crossover and trip hop.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

My mental image of someone who laughs at the opening to Antichrist is the same kind of person who would chortle and say “how droll” to himself.

The Robot Devil from Futurama?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Samuel Clemens posted:

The Robot Devil from Futurama?

Basically, except Robot Devil actually has a sense of humor.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Edit: and Earth Crisis’ Firestorm/Forged in the Flames

hell yeah

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

My grandmother passed away this morning. Month away from 93 years old. Just numb now. I just saw her Monday and we had lunch together with my mother.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Egbert Souse posted:

My grandmother passed away this morning. Month away from 93 years old. Just numb now. I just saw her Monday and we had lunch together with my mother.

I'm sorry, man.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

K. Waste posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZydJvKfx5F0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cnjKdohrgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Ngw6HSY6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmauusUWDK0

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Egbert Souse posted:

I'm sorry, Egbert. When you are able, take some consolation that to live to 93 and (it seems) be active and alert is pretty drat good, as is a sudden passing. It's a shock for you but best for her. My grandfather died aged 89, sitting in an armchair watching cricket, pretty much instantly from a massive stroke. What a way to go. I miss him but I am glad it was quick, painless and dignified.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The worst part about getting an official diagnosis for diabetes is reading the drug interaction chart for my new meds and realizing I can't actually drink the bottle of chimay I bought as a graduation reward now.

I know I'm double-posting but I thought condolences merited their own post. What kind of diabetes have you? I or II?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

therattle posted:

I know I'm double-posting but I thought condolences merited their own post. What kind of diabetes have you? I or II?

2, family tendency plus a year of high stress and lovely eating basically did me in for it. On the plus side, if I finish my degree this week I'll have a lot more time to manage it since I won't be full time college on top of a full time job.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

She died in her sleep from what they can tell. Her quality of life had gone a bit downhill in the last few years after a major stroke. I’m just grateful I got to see her one last time. Hardest thing is that I found out right as I was boarding a plane, so I feel awful for not being there for my mother. My company is more than accommodating, so I don’t have to worry about that for next week.

My grandmother’s first memory of going to the movies was seeing the Lugosi Dracula as a kid and she still remembered how much it scared her. I also got to take her to a showing of Metropolis a few years back that she enjoyed.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

My grandmother’s first memory of going to the movies was seeing the Lugosi Dracula as a kid and she still remembered how much it scared her. I also got to take her to a showing of Metropolis a few years back that she enjoyed.

that rules, you sound like a dope grandson if it's any consolation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Hi there! W-what’s up?

• Locked thread