Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Did the Walrus have a partner called the Eggman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

What the gently caress

I thought I'd never find another amazing single panel that I could associate with BSS like the 'Quiet or Papa Spank!' Batman panel

But this....this is a sight to behold

First there was Fancy Dan....later re-envisioned as Regular Dan...in-between, he was Pigwhipper Dan.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Dareon posted:

Did The Walrus (With his proportional strength, speed, and reflexes of a walrus) ever get a modern reimagining?

He was in Fear Itself: Deadpool as the main antagonist.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

What the gently caress

I thought I'd never find another amazing single panel that I could associate with BSS like the 'Quiet or Papa Spank!' Batman panel

Speaking of that Catwoman panel, I found it amusing that Tom King and Mikel Janin completely flipped that scene by basically omitting that one line and focusing more on Selina so it now seems like she's the one in control (with all the sexual tension implications)

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Sure it hasn’t, Blacklash, sure it hasn’t.
(Iron Man #224)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

In today's X-Men Red Laura and Gabby are sick of Namor's poo poo

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

howe_sam posted:

The next panel should be Namor saying that he's already put on extra clothes for them.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

howe_sam posted:

I thought they stopped Namor from hanging around kids after the whole Hope Summers/Imperius Sex thing.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

howe_sam posted:

Atlantis has gone to war over this.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

howe_sam posted:

He doesn't want to walk around in wet clothes, stop being jerks!

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Clint Barton is a dick

From Captain America Vol.3, 1998.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is that a prehistoric Ghost Rider?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yup

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Yes. You should very much check out the prehistoric avengers stuff. There isn't a lot and it's ridiculous.

The only thing crazier was the batshit loco hillbilly horror ghost rider run from a decade back.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

howe_sam posted:

Only Doom may make requests of Prince Namor!!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

howe_sam posted:

From the same issue:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ugh i can't believe im gonna have to sink so low as to read an X-Men book for more Gabby and Laura

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Yep.

Meanwhile, in Avengers: Back to Basics, Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan (one version of her, anyway) dies.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

Ugh i can't believe im gonna have to sink so low as to read an X-Men book for more Gabby and Laura

I mean, Wolverine is an X-Men book anyway so..... you've kinda always been.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:manning:

I think you know what I meant

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I read the first part of the first word balloon on this page and went, "Cap did 9/11?"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It was an inside job.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
"Clint" in that font, read quickly, looks like something else entirely. Dot your lowercase "i"'s people, it can make quite a bit of a difference in how your audience initially perceives your story.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
There's a reason there was a rule not to name anyone Clint and not to use the word flick for a long while.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
And why Mark Millar specifically named his monthly magazine "CLiNT"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Abroham Lincoln posted:

From the same issue:

Isn't she the one who was an emotionless killer when she first showed up? Nice to see she's getting the hang of things. :3:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Skwirl posted:

It was in the spectacular cartoon Spectacular Spider-Man, which was killed so Disney could make a much worse cartoon.

Speaking of, the Enforcers did show up in Spectacular Spider-Man. And then, they made Montana into the Shocker.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

smashpro1 posted:

Speaking of, the Enforcers did show up in Spectacular Spider-Man. And then, they made Montana into the Shocker.

Didn't Ox become Rhino too.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Yep the Enforcers were all turned into further classic villains in Spectacular Spider-Man. That show could've easily been the next B:TAS and it just didn't get enough time to do it. Up there with Avatar and the heights of the DCAU as far as fun fantasy/sci-fi shows go. There was a solid Big Man story arc that made me actually spend some time thinking about it and it had a drat fun Goblin, close to Joker quality. I miss that drat show, what a fun time waster.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

What the gently caress

First there was Fancy Dan....later re-envisioned as Regular Dan...in-between, he was Pigwhipper Dan.

Funny Panels Thread: Ever Been So Mad That You Start Swinging A Pig?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

site posted:

Red is written by Tom Taylor as well

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

What book is this from?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

X-O posted:

I mean, Wolverine is an X-Men book anyway so..... you've kinda always been.

Nah this Wolverine is strictly Avengers. Maybe some moonlighting with the Fantastic 4.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

What book is this from?

The Mighty Thor: At the Gates of Valhalla one shot. Basically a buffer issue between the previous and upcoming Thor arcs, with a brief nod here to the current Avenger's story by the same writer.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did Hickman invent Starbrand or just bring him back from obscurity?

prefect posted:

Isn't she the one who was an emotionless killer when she first showed up? Nice to see she's getting the hang of things. :3:

On paper X-23 seems like the worst idea ever, the ultimate result of Wolverine over-saturation and comic book obsession with cloned doppelgangers, but somehow, she's been used great by a ton of writers in a ton of different books and has been nothing but a positive character that pretty much everyone loves.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zoux posted:

The latter. Starbrand was an old New Universe character and eventually appeared in like Quasar or something. His *version* is a new character, but the concept is not his.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

zoux posted:

On paper X-23 seems like the worst idea ever, the ultimate result of Wolverine over-saturation and comic book obsession with cloned doppelgangers, but somehow, she's been used great by a ton of writers in a ton of different books and has been nothing but a positive character that pretty much everyone loves.

Yeah, shocking too since she originally debuted in the show X-Men: Evolution alongside other classic characters like Spyke- Storm's nephew with bone powers I guess.

He ever make the jump to comics?

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

zoux posted:

I have a vague recollection that at least one author has done some terrible garbage with her very potentially awful Teen Prostitute backstory, but I can’t recall who. Everything with her this decade has definitely been amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Starbrand is a New Universe character from the 80's. It's where the white event is from.

Thor: Gates of Valhalla was a really fun read. Thor's granddaughters snatch some of those time crystals from Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine, and go on a journey to meet Jane Foster, with some unintentional pit stops along the way. It's pretty clearly laid out that Jane will adventure again.

There's also a bad rear end panel of old king Thor fighting All Black Loki.