Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It’s Ninetales, rhymes with tamales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

hopeandjoy posted:

And good god, Gen 1 mons are boring as poo poo and Gen 2 mons are so hit and miss. I've used all the ones I like at this point except for Kanto Ninetails. And with my luck, Eevee version with have Arcanine. Because I can never chose the version with Vulpix in it.

Arcanine is a Good Boy

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Raserys posted:

let this be the gen of the dragon eevee

also this is going to be the easiest eeveeiest version choice ever

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
What if the Pikachu version includes Gorochu tho

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

StandardVC10 posted:

Arcanine is a Good Boy
He is and I've used him, but I keep on going "hey Ninetales is in this generation I always wanted to use Ninetales as a kid" and then picking the version that doesn't have Ninetales.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm reserving all judgement until I see something more concrete. Right now my gut reaction is "I hate Kanto" so...

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Flareon, but that's because of Twitch Plays Pokemon.

But yeah Eevee over Pikachu all day every day.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think Vaporeon and Leafeon are the only eevees I've used more than a little bit so I'm gonna have to think hard about what to evolve my starter eevee into. Probably Sylveon or Espeon.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
The fighting Eevee evolution will be named Champeon. That is all.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It’s a Yellow remake so only the first three Eeveelutions will be available.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

less laughter posted:

What if the Pikachu version includes Gorochu tho

hmm will i pick gorochu, or will i pick, freaking any new type eeveelution

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

hopeandjoy posted:

He is and I've used him, but I keep on going "hey Ninetales is in this generation I always wanted to use Ninetales as a kid" and then picking the version that doesn't have Ninetales.

I took until USUM to use Ninetales (the cool one, not the hot one) and it was very much worth it. I didn't catch it in-game though, I wanted that auto-Hail.

less laughter posted:

It’s a Yellow remake so only the first three Eeveelutions will be available.

I'm not sure how anyone expects something else, it'll be this.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'm kinda hoping whatever they do will end up boring so I don't have to get a switch. :psyduck:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
All three remakes they've done have had massive flaws imported from the original.

FRLG: Kanto still has minimal flavor, despite the series getting much higher production values. It seemed like the developers were terrified to alter a 1996 game beyond what they absolutely had to change. The game goes to ridiculous lengths to pretend that gen 2-3 Pokémon and some gen 2-3 mechanics don't exist, hamstringing its own potential and fun.
HGSS: Level curve is still busted and Pokémon distribution still sucks. There's a huge expansion in postgame Pokémon availability and the Safari Zone can throw you some former Kanto exclusives early, but it's still too little too late.
ORAS: Keeps the incredibly bad Pokémon distribution from the originals. (The Hoenn Pokédex has plenty of variety, but it's used very poorly and results in the same few Pokémon being seen over and over.) Gen 4-6 Pokémon pop up right before the postgame, but again it's too little too late. Water routes are still everywhere, still boring, and still infested by Tentacool and Wingull.

I enjoyed all of them, but each one was marred by very obvious flaws that should have been fixed. I hope this isn't a remake or a return to an old region, because I don't have faith in them to iron out the biggest problems with the old content.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think the Cinnabar Volcano and 2011 earthquake both probably caused a number of changes over the years in Kanto. The real world power plant counterpart is actually still shut down.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i don't really want this game if all the details so far are true

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

absolutely anything posted:

yeah

also the fighting eevee is Takemeon

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

I used Ninetales in my OR run and I can confirm it is very good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Solumin posted:

I used Ninetales in my OR run and I can confirm it is very good.

I used Ninetales in ORAS and it wasn't very good but it was very pretty, which is important

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I used Gumshoos in my first Moon run and it was rough and did basically nothing against the E4, but he was a good boy and I liked feeding him treats

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

If Bank doesn't connect/transfer to Switch imma mad. I am not building a living dex from scratch again.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think these games will be good, and we're gonna find out a lot more soon hopefully

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Blaze Dragon posted:

I took until USUM to use Ninetales (the cool one, not the hot one) and it was very much worth it. I didn't catch it in-game though, I wanted that auto-Hail.

I've got two shiny fire Ninetales and they're both the best, and I will love them forever.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

less laughter posted:

It’s Ninetales, rhymes with tamales

i think you mean vulpine, the evolution of sixtales

Filthy Haiku posted:

The fighting Eevee evolution will be named Champeon. That is all.

beefeon

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dehry posted:

I think the Cinnabar Volcano and 2011 earthquake both probably caused a number of changes over the years in Kanto. The real world power plant counterpart is actually still shut down.

Game Freak can finally add the RAD type and canonize Uranium!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

There aren't any details so far.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

A trip through Kanto set at the same time as USM, with brand new gyms spread throughout the region would be interesting

Fairy gym at Mt. Moon, perhaps?
Ghost gym at Lavender Town because desecrating ancient burial grounds is always fun
Seafoam Ice Gym
Celadon's got a new Dark type gym set in the ruins of the Game Corner
Fighting gym overthrew Sabrina in Saffron

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
All your favorites are now in their 30s, like Misty, Brock and Agatha's corpse.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
I used a Ninetales in VC Blue for the first time and between speed and offense, it was an MVP where Dragonite failed.

For all that Kanto gets wrong the pokemon are still nice. Paras was a good option up through the league. Now if only it were available in more than Mt. Moon's basement.

Vinylshadow posted:

A trip through Kanto set at the same time as USM, with brand new gyms spread throughout the region would be interesting

Fairy gym at Mt. Moon, perhaps?
Ghost gym at Lavender Town because desecrating ancient burial grounds is always fun
Seafoam Ice Gym
Celadon's got a new Dark type gym set in the ruins of the Game Corner

A ghost gym honors the dead better than turning the site into a radio tower.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oak is still, probably, chugging along and he's the same age as Agatha. Don't take creepy Grandma away from me :colbert:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

the adult pokemon, where i can invest in blue's sister's salon business and eventually takeover silph co

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Vinylshadow posted:

She quit being a gym leader and became a movie star.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Nephzinho posted:

If Bank doesn't connect/transfer to Switch imma mad. I am not building a living dex from scratch again.

Literally the entire point of Bank was to future-proof any generational transfers and storage. I really don't think they're just going to end it after 2 generations on one system. Odds are they'll update the 3DS app to support viewing anything new, and the Switch will get its own Bank download that'll interact with 8th gen.

Ziddar fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 17, 2018

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Give me Kantonian variants of newer Pokémon

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Scrap Dragon posted:

Give me Kantonian variants of newer Pokémon

"Oh wow all these pokemon's designs are really boring and their movepools suck for some reason!"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

"Oh wow all these pokemon's designs are really boring and their movepools suck for some reason!"

Gen one had good designs though

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
gen one can S my D

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

cheetah7071 posted:

Gen one had good designs though

A few, but it also had some of the least imaginative and worst ones. 'Hey what if we had a pokemon that camouflaged itself as a pokeball as a defensive trait? How do we do that? Uuuuuuuh put angry eyes on a pokeball." and of course you got a lot of pokes like Seel which are just kind of the normal animal but an odd color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's bonkers, gen 1 has a staggering 100% good design rate based off this image i found of literally all and also the only gen 1 monsters