Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Miss posted:

women have 2 eggs,

Which end up on a guy's dick after sex. And then if he has sex with a different woman, she can become pregnant with another woman's kid. :biotruths:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Miss posted:

women have 2 eggs,
Imagine four eggs on the edge of a uterus. Say a direct copy of the egg nearest the birth canal is sent to the back of the line of eggs and takes the place of the first egg. The formerly first egg becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls out of the vagina.

Gender works the same way.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Question Mark Mound posted:

Imagine four eggs on the edge of a uterus. Say a direct copy of the egg nearest the birth canal is sent to the back of the line of eggs and takes the place of the first egg. The formerly first egg becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls out of the vagina.

Gender works the same way.

These loss edits are getting increasingly abstract.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Breetai posted:

These loss edits are getting increasingly abstract.

It's not loss, it's a reference to the Smash Mouth Eat The Eggs meme.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uhhhhh

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

zoux posted:

Uhhhhh

#BRRRT sounds like a fart lol

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Screaming Idiot posted:

#BRRRT sounds like a fart lol

They're hip! http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/brrrt-a-10-thunderbolt-ii-firing-sound

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

zoux posted:

Uhhhhh

I would say Trump has gotten hold of the USAF Twitter account, but the sentence structure makes too much sense.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A challenger approaches

https://twitter.com/bobby/status/996886972814823425?s=21

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

zoux posted:

Uhhhhh

Someone please translate for me? I know BRRRT refers to the A10's gun, but I have nfc what yanny and laurel are

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fishstick posted:

Someone please translate for me? I know BRRRT refers to the A10's gun, but I have nfc what yanny and laurel are

Remember “The Dress” that was all over the internet in 2015? This is the audio equivalent of that. It’s a bot that’s saying “Yanny” and “Laurel” simultaneously but you can only hear one or the other depending on what frequencies you hear and what speaker it’s coming out of.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Fishstick posted:

Have you not been in the internet in the past 72 hours?

Think blue dress/gold dress, but with audio

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fishstick posted:

Ah you lived in ignorant bliss, now the scales fall from your eyes and you are subject to the same horror as the rest of these lost souls.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Remember “The Dress” that was all over the internet in 2015? This is the audio equivalent of that. It’s a bot that’s saying “Yanny” and “Laurel” simultaneously but you can only hear one or the other depending on what frequencies you hear and what speaker it’s coming out of.

Yesterday I heard Laurel and today I heard Yanny out of the same TV and same news channel. I call bullshit on the entire thing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Scathach posted:

Yesterday I heard Laurel and today I heard Yanny out of the same TV and same news channel. I call bullshit on the entire thing.

I wonder if this would be helpful to anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDiXQl7grPQ

I saw the video before I heard anything about it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

That's hella cool.

I have this weird thing where I hear sounds instead of words, but about the time I ask someone "what did you say?" my brain goes over it and picks the words out. It's a little frustrating. I guess it's some sort of auditory processing thing.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 17:14 on May 17, 2018

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The pitching thing is really cool as I cannot hear anything other than Yanny otherwise. This stuff is always really interesting, there’s another similar thing where you hear two different things based on whether you can see the person saying them or not called The McGurk Effect.

https://youtu.be/G-lN8vWm3m0

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Scathach posted:

I have this weird thing where I hear sounds instead of words, but about the time I ask someone "what did you say?" my brain goes over it and picks the words out. It's a little frustrating. I guess it's some sort of auditory processing thing.

:same:

if I'm not prepared for a conversation, I usually can't process anything said to me

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

zoux posted:

Uhhhhh

It moves from self own to normal own, the natural cycle.

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/997125957994545155

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Arc Light posted:

It moves from self own to normal own, the natural cycle.

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/997125957994545155

I thought the selfown was that the Navy does most the flying and the AF doesn't.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh my god.

https://twitter.com/BryanDisagrees/status/997094967200960515

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

china bot posted:

:same:

if I'm not prepared for a conversation, I usually can't process anything said to me

Holy poo poo sup fellow weird-wired buddy!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's not a bot apparently. I guess it was a theater guy who recorded like 36k words for vocabulary.com

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Scathach posted:

a series of friendly-seeming noises

:hfive:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Scathach posted:

That's hella cool.

I get that too and I always worry I sound incompetent or deaf when I ask "what" and as it comes out of my mouth I realize what they said :ohdear:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
How alone am I that I tend to repeat everything people say in my head to fully process it? Like listening to someone talk and you just repeat it verbatim with your thoughts.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Scathach posted:

That's hella cool.

Wow I'm the same way lol. I also can't seem to process speech while I'm reading something at the same time. I can hear the human noises that are SUPPOSED to be words, but can't actually recognize what's being said until I stop reading.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

theshim posted:

I get that too and I always worry I sound incompetent or deaf when I ask "what" and as it comes out of my mouth I realize what they said :ohdear:

Exactly! "Wha-- nevermind, got it." Ffffff

E: I didn't know it was such a common thing. Totally thought I had some strange broke-brainedness by myself. Being brokebrained together is fine :kimchi:

Scathach has a new favorite as of 19:02 on May 17, 2018

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
Auditory Malfunction Crew

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Scathach posted:

That's hella cool.

I have this with one person.

He's a really good guy but every time he tries to tell an anecdote about literally anything it goes on forever, full of irrelevant details (to which he'll go "but that's beside the point..." and carry on) and I honestly cannot keep up with what he's saying so I just kinda nod and smile whenever it seems appropriate.

He always gives a verbal tl;dr at the end of every story which is easy to process and is the only bit I ever remember.

I sometimes have to stop myself laughing because all I can think of is "the important thing is I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time"

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Thought it was pretty rich to use that gif to eyeroll at people getting upset about casual racism.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Quote-Unquote posted:

I have this with one person.

He's a really good guy but every time he tries to tell an anecdote about literally anything it goes on forever, full of irrelevant details (to which he'll go "but that's beside the point..." and carry on) and I honestly cannot keep up with what he's saying so I just kinda nod and smile whenever it seems appropriate.

He always gives a verbal tl;dr at the end of every story which is easy to process and is the only bit I ever remember.

I sometimes have to stop myself laughing because all I can think of is "the important thing is I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time"

That's how I am with my mother when it comes to work. She'll often go on long, rambling diatribes about every single unusual or terrible thing that happened that day and then finish it off as much as 10 minutes later with actually important information, long after I tuned out. She's turned this into thinking that people just don't listen to her, so she'll repeat herself constantly even to people who acknowledge what she says.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scathach posted:

Exactly! "Wha-- nevermind, got it." Ffffff

E: I didn't know it was such a common thing. Totally thought I had some strange broke-brainedness by myself. Being brokebrained together is fine :kimchi:

Urrgh my god. I don't know what to do with this information

It has been a huge pet peeve of mine for like ever that I have to say everything twice to people. Like no matter how carefully I enunciate, no matter how sure I am that I have their attention, no matter how short and clear the thing I'm saying, they will always, invariably, say "what?" or "huhhhh?" and make me say the whole thing over again.

I don't talk that much so it doesn't even bug me as much as it bugs me when other people nearby say whatever they're going to say, and then the person they're talking to say "huhhh?" and the first person just happily launches into the same exact schpiel all over again. It drives me up the wall and I can't understand how it doesn't make everyone around me go on daily murder sprees.

Especially since I seem able to pick up at least the gist of a third-party conversation that I'm not even listening to, when I have headphones in and am in a crowded room. If someone's actually going to talk to me, I consider it the most heinous of insults to the person if I make them repeat it; if I find I'm missing like a single word or something I'll carefully try to prompt for just that one word, to signal that I was paying attention, honest, I just missed that one bit, I'm so sorry.

But this page of posts is making me rethink all this. Like... apparently it's a fairly widespread and uncontrollable thing? Context-switching is not an easy mental exercise, and I suppose it makes as much sense as anything that the way senses work and the way attention can be shifted is a highly variable phenomenon from person to person.

It's gotten to the point where I've come to hear the ubiquitous "huhhhh?" from people as dismissive and contemptuous, almost as a snide "what the gently caress noises are you making, you incoherent freak". But I'm gonna try to climb down off that pole, it'll probably do me and my nerves good to try to give people the benefit of the doubt on this as on so many other matters I've become less reactive to in recent years

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I've had that happen sometimes. For me it typically occurs when I'm deep in thought and someone suddenly starts talking to me. I'll be on the fringe of solving all of the world's problems and suddenly I'll hear "Der gwanna ferna fanna wanna?!" and I'll be like "uh what? Oh sorry. Yes, I'd love a free ice cream sample."

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Data Graham posted:

It has been a huge pet peeve of mine for like ever that I have to say everything twice to people. Like no matter how carefully I enunciate, no matter how sure I am that I have their attention, no matter how short and clear the thing I'm saying, they will always, invariably, say "what?" or "huhhhh?" and make me say the whole thing over again.

I don't talk that much so it doesn't even bug me as much as it bugs me when other people nearby say whatever they're going to say, and then the person they're talking to say "huhhh?" and the first person just happily launches into the same exact schpiel all over again. It drives me up the wall and I can't understand how it doesn't make everyone around me go on daily murder sprees.

Especially since I seem able to pick up at least the gist of a third-party conversation that I'm not even listening to, when I have headphones in and am in a crowded room. If someone's actually going to talk to me, I consider it the most heinous of insults to the person if I make them repeat it; if I find I'm missing like a single word or something I'll carefully try to prompt for just that one word, to signal that I was paying attention, honest, I just missed that one bit, I'm so sorry.

But this page of posts is making me rethink all this. Like... apparently it's a fairly widespread and uncontrollable thing? Context-switching is not an easy mental exercise, and I suppose it makes as much sense as anything that the way senses work and the way attention can be shifted is a highly variable phenomenon from person to person.

It's gotten to the point where I've come to hear the ubiquitous "huhhhh?" from people as dismissive and contemptuous, almost as a snide "what the gently caress noises are you making, you incoherent freak". But I'm gonna try to climb down off that pole, it'll probably do me and my nerves good to try to give people the benefit of the doubt on this as on so many other matters I've become less reactive to in recent years

What?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Good natured lol my friend

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Not quite as good as masaokis failing to make an egg-white omelette.

he thought the shells were the whites

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

Pretty sure it's something everyone does sometimes, but affects people with ADHD a lot worse. I also get annoyed by it too though, even though I do it myself constantly. I think because I used to have (still a little?) a speech impediment, and get defensive and worried that's why they can't understand me, as well as just sick of it because it happens/ed more often to me than average. I also talk too fast though and that's my own drat problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Araenna posted:

Pretty sure it's something everyone does sometimes, but affects people with ADHD a lot worse. I also get annoyed by it too though, even though I do it myself constantly. I think because I used to have (still a little?) a speech impediment, and get defensive and worried that's why they can't understand me, as well as just sick of it because it happens/ed more often to me than average. I also talk too fast though and that's my own drat problem

Yup, same. I have enough trouble getting words out there to begin with, let alone repeating myself louder and more intently. But there's that one person that says "What" so often you just don't know how to talk without sounding like an rear end raising your voice for no reason.